{ 13 }

Broken Rules

{ 13 }

 

Sulli couldn’t decide what to wear. Kai didn’t even tell her what kind of clothing she should wear to that party. In the end, she settled on wearing a royal blue floral dress which fell mid-thigh together with ballet flats. She decided that she would just blame Kai if ever she dressed wrongly. She wore her hair down and grabbed a small bag to stuff her phone, keys, and wallet in. She took a glance at the wall clock and saw that it was 5:57 PM already.

 

Exactly at 6 on the dot, the doorbell rang and she shot herself one last look at the mirror before taking her bag to meet Kai. He may be a lot of things, but at least late is not one of them, she thought approvingly. She secretly thanked the gods that she somehow dressed just right when she saw Kai’s attire. He was wearing a long-sleeved shirt striped with white, red, and navy blue coupled with jeans. Just like what he does with his school uniform, a jacket was slung on his shoulder.

 

“Yah, why are you taking so long?!” Kai yelled as she walked along the pathway towards the gate. She only glared at him and didn’t even bother answering. After making sure that her house’s gate was properly locked, she turned to Kai.

 

“Pabo, where will we ride?” She asked.

 

However, he didn’t answer, he just walked towards a midnight black Honda motorbike which was parked on the side which was why Sulli didn’t notice it. Her jaw hung low. “YOU’RE REALLY PABO! How could I ride that when I’m wearing a dress?!” She exclaimed.

 

Kai only shrugged. “Not my problem, pabo.” He answered as he rode the motorbike. “Aren’t you getting on?”

 

Sulli was already on the verge of running back to her house, if only the blackmail piece which Kai has is holding her back. She cautiously walked towards the motorbike, plotting on how she would ride it without the rest of South Korea seeing her. She was about to ask Kai if she could go back in to change her clothes when he suddenly stepped off the motorbike. He threw her his jacket and helped her mount the vehicle. After making sure that no part of Sulli was seen, he proceeded to place the helmet on her head. Ugh why does it feel so hot in here? She thought to herself, grateful that the helmet was covering her whole face, or else she’d have a hard time explaining to Kai why her neck and face were red.

 

“Are you settled there?” He asked after he rode the motorbike again.

 

“Yeah,” came Sulli’s muffled response.

 

“Hold on then,” he replied, and then he zoomed off the road without further ado.

 

Sulli was already screaming her head off at the rate they were going. “YAH KIM JONGIN I CAN’T HOLD THE JACKET!!!” She shouted. Both of her arms were wrapped around Kai’s waist tightly, clasping his shirt. They were twenty meters away from her house when Kai skidded to a stop.

 

“AISH!” He sulked. “You’re really a headache, Choi Jinri.” He balanced the bike before he stepped off again and fixed the jacket. True to her words, the jacket slid off a bit and her creamy skin was showing. Kai gulped and turned his eye somewhere else. “YAH! You pabo… fix that now!”

 

Aish aish aish this pabo! How did she manage to take care of herself this whole time?! He asked himself, diverting his attention from Sulli’s legs.

 

Sulli didn’t notice Kai’s stiffness, she simply fixed the jacket to cover her up again. “I’m done!” She announced happily.

 

He only mumbled profanities under his breath and mounted the motorbike again. “Pabo, I’ll drive slowly, arasso? Hold the jacket on your other hand and then wrap your other arm on my waist.”

 

“My bag’s not helping though,” she muttered.

 

Kai only sighed again. “Put that bag around my neck. Tch, what would you do with your life without me?!”

 

Sulli allowed a wide smile stretch across her lips, knowing that he won’t see. It was her first time to see a much gentler side to him, and she doesn’t understand why it makes her all bouncy and happy inside. She wordlessly placed her girly bag on Kai’s neck.

 

“Is it okay, now?” He asked again.

 

“Yup,” she answered and she did exactly what Kai told her to. He drove a lot slower than what he did a while ago, and Sulli feels thankful. She doesn’t quite understand why there are butterflies flying around on her stomach, confusing her. Aish, I’m just hungry. RIGHT! I haven’t eaten dinner yet, aigoo.

 

It was already around 7 PM when they arrived on the place. Sulli looked up at the tall building in front of her, and gaped. Kai lightly slapped . “Close that, you’ll get flies in your mouth.” He said as he motioned for her to come closer.

 

The two made their way towards the elevator and Kai pressed the button ‘12.’ When they were nearing the 12th floor, he told Sulli to entwine her arms with his. She complied without asking, knowing that her rants would be in vain.

 

They stopped on the last door on the hallway. He pressed a button and they were immediately let in when the other EXO members saw on the camera that it was Kai and his girlfriend.

 

“Hey man,” Sehun, the party’s host, greeted Kai with a fist bump. Sulli fidgeted awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

 

“This is your girl, right? Sulli?” Sehun asked as he darted his eyes between his friend and the new girl who was looking awkward.

 

“Yeah,” Kai answered. “Jinnie, this is Oh Sehun. He’s one of my friends.”

 

Sulli smiled shyly and bowed a little. “Nice meeting you, I’m Choi Sulli.”

 

The maknae’s eyes furrowed in confusion. “You’re weird Kai. Why do you call her Jinnie when her name’s Sulli?”

 

“Aigoo. Her real name’s Jinri, stupid. Sulli’s her nickname.” Kai answered for her.

 

“Aaaaah~” He answered. “Well, hope you’ll enjoy tonight Jinnie.” Sehun flashed Kai a teasing smirk before he ran off and bumped into Luhan.

 

“This maknae, really…” Kai mumbled. He turned to Sulli. “It’s okay, really, they won’t bite here.” He dragged her to where Joonmyun, Minseok, Jongdae, and Zitao were sitting. “Hey, hyung-deul,” the second youngest greeted, and the older ones’ smiles widened as they saw him with an unfamiliar girl.

 

Zitao, who was always hyperactive, immediately stood up and crowded Sulli. “HI! Are you Choi Jinri also known as Sulli?!” She could only nod, Zitao wasn’t exactly giving her the chance to talk. “HELLO THERE! I am Huang Zitao, but call me Tao. I’m your chingu now!” He excitedly blabbed as he offered his hand to Sulli.

 

“Yah yah Huang Zitao! Don’t scare her off! Your green coloring and your dark circles are enough to make her think that EXO is a cult!” Jongdae commented and pushed him off. He flashed a smile to Sulli, and she noticed how nice his bone structure was. It was like cut out to be a model. “Hi Sulli! I’m Kim Jongdae, but call me Chen.”

 

“Hi Chen,” she greeted back, her smile becoming easer than a while ago.

 

“Oh right, this is Kim Joonmyun. He’s EXO’s grandpa,” Chen said and motioned to Joonmyun who was now glaring at him.

 

Joonmyun smiled at her and it was like an angel from above came down. His face was indeed angelic. “Don’t mind this troll here, Sulli. I’m Kim Joonmyun, but I’m called Suho.” He said as he shook her hand.

 

“Nice meeting you, Suho.”

 

“And now here’s our cute baozi! The hyung of all hyungs who look like the maknae, Kim Minseok!” Chen once again interfered, presenting Minseok like a one of a kind baozi in the world.

 

Minseok shoved him off and introduced himself properly. “Hey, I’m Minseok. Call me Xiumin, though.” He told her and flashed her a cute smile.

 

Sulli was just about to reply when Kai stopped her. “Yah yah yah hyung! Don’t work your cute charms on my Jinnie!”

 

The group laughed at Kai’s childishness.

 

“By the way, where’s Baekhyun hyung?”

 

The group looked at each other. “I don’t really know. He was just here.” Xiumin answered. He turned to Sulli. “Don’t worry though, you’ll meet him soon.” He added and ruffled her hair before walking away.

 

Omona. I’m sure Baekhyun will notice that I’m the girl from the hospital! Ottokae, ottokae?!

 

______________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Okay, another update kekeke ~~ I'm in the mood for fluff! I loved all your comments, guys! This story is loved and I'm really thankful and flattered :>

Hi to AnySulliShips111! The vote was appreciated :>>

Oh, and here are Kai and Sulli's look (minus the shades, big bag and jacket on Ssul's part):

Tell me what you think!~~ ^^