{ 03 }

Broken Rules

{ 03 }

 

“So I heard some weird, weiiiiiird news today.” Soojung told Sulli as she walked towards their classroom. Most of her classmates are looking at her weirdly but she didn’t pay them any attention as she raced towards her seat next to Gongchan. She plopped down on her seat quietly, hoping that Soojung will brush it off, but of course, knowing her, she won’t.

 

Soojung sat on top of Sulli’s table. “Seriously, Jung, are you going to continue sitting on top of my table?” She asked.

 

“And now she’s talking!” Soojung clapped her hands. “What’s with you and the kingka?” She questioned, her voice softer, appearing that Gongchan and Sulli are the only ones she wanted to hear.

 

“Nothing, Soojung.” Sulli answered truthfully.

 

“Aww, c’mon, Choi, I’m allergic to bull. Kim Jongin even got out of his way to help you secure a computer?”

 

“I’m serious, Jung.” She lowered her voice. “He just saw me and helped me.”

 

“No ?” Soojung interrogated, not completely believing Sulli’s story.

 

“No , Jung. You know me. I tell you everything.” She promised.

 

“Tss,” Soojung huffed. “You don’t tell me everything, Sulli. You tell Gong Chanshik everything!”

 

Gongchan laughed at Soojung’s childishness. “Pabo, didn’t you hear?” He snuggled closer to Sulli. “Ssul-ah loves me the most.”

 

“Eww, get off me, Chanshik!” She yelled and tried to take Gongchan off her but he only laughed evilly to piss her off some more.

 

Their teacher got inside the class and Soojung quietly went back to her seat. The teacher was facing the board and Sulli took that as a chance to whisper to Gongchan. “Chan Chan, Mr. Horvejkul will be in charge for the detention later~” She said in a sing-song voice.

 

Gongchan’s slanted eyes widened and he looked like he choked in his own spit. Sulli held the urge to laugh at her best friend’s misery. To her surprise, he suddenly stood up and asked to go to the bathroom.

 

“Sure, Mr. Gong. Are you sure you don’t want to go to the nurse? You look pale,” their teacher commented, and Sulli bit back her laugh when Gongchan turned to her to glare.

 

--

 

Finally, the bell rang for their last period. Sulli stretched her arms as she sang off-key. “Guess who’s going to detention today?~”

 

“Shut up, Choi. Ugh! Worst day.” Gongchan answered. The two of them went out and were about to separate when Gongchan’s phone buzzed, signaling a text message.

 

He checked it and turned to Sulli. “Sulli, can you go to the Kwon Hospital? CNU hyung’s there.”

 

“WHAT?!” She half-yelled, surprise evident in her voice. “Dongwoo oppa’s in a hospital?! I thought it was a family emergency!”

 

“CNU hyung’s there to watch over someone.” Gongchan explained. “Anyway, Baro hyung texted and told me to go convince him to go home already because he spent his weekend there, but I can’t since some nasty girl landed me to detention.” He added, obviously making her feel guilty, but she’s more concerned about CNU.

 

I wonder who’s he looking out for? She thought. If he even spent his all weekend there, then maybe it’s really serious.

 

“Yah, Choi Jinri!” Gongchan yelled in front of her. “Hyung’s in room 804, okay? Convince him to go home already.”

 

Sulli nodded.

 

“Make sure you’ll get him home, okay?! I’ll really butcher you if you don’t.” Gongchan threatened, but the concern in his face was evident.

 

“Chan Chan, is Dongwoo oppa really okay? He’s not sick right?” She asked nervously. Gongchan may be her best friend out of them all, but CNU was the one who was always there for her like a real oppa. Sulli’s an only child and she seldom sees her parents who live abroad. She used to live with her grandmother, but she died and now Sulli lives alone. Jinyoung, CNU, Sandeul, Baro, Gongchan and Soojung are the ones who are like siblings to her. Since CNU is the most mature out of them all, he’s usually the one who will advise Sulli. She really loves it, because it gives her the sense of having an older brother.

 

Gongchan ruffled her hair. “No, Ssul, CNU hyung is okay. It’s just… the person in the hospital is very important to him, so…” His voice trailed off and he shrugged.

 

“Anyway, take care of CNU hyung, okay? I’ll call you after I’m done with the detention.” After smiling at her, Gongchan proceeded to the field to get started for his running.

 

--

 

Sulli rode a bus to the Kwon Hospital. She really feels worried for CNU, but Gongchan’s assurance that he’s okay is good for her. Even thinking that any one of her friends are in the hospital wants to make her barf. She never really liked hospitals, especially when she was the one who retrieved her grandmother’s corpse in the morgue. Her parents went home briefly then, but otherwise, it was all her work.

 

After her grandmother died, her parents were talking about who will stay in Korea to look over Sulli. She declined that however, because she knows how much her parents love their work abroad. She insisted that she’s a big girl now, and she can handle herself. She also pointed out that her friends live just around the block, so there’s no need to panic. It took them endless hours of fighting and defending before her parents allowed her to live alone.

 

The bus stopped and Sulli got off. As much as she hates hospitals, she’s hell-bent on making CNU come home. She went inside and was about to ride the elevator when she saw a familiar figure walking.

 

He was still as good-looking as ever, but he looks a bit haggard for today. There were dark circles under his eyes and his hair was disheveled. Despite of that, he didn’t lose the confidence in his strides and the powerful air around him.

 

Byun Baekhyun… What is he doing here?

 

Seeing this as a chance to finally hand over her letter, she nervously ran towards his direction. She felt as if her knees will buckle, but otherwise she felt adrenaline rush to her. She was gasping for air when she finally reached Baekhyun who was caught by surprise by her sudden appearance.

 

Baekhyun was looking at her like she was an alien. God, I look the worst right now, she thought. “Hi.” She greeted, breathless from the sprint.

 

“Hi.” Baekhyun answered, but it looked like he was in a rush.

 

“Oh my, am I keeping you from anything?” She asked worriedly.

 

“Well, it would totally help if you’d hurry up.” He snapped at her.

 

Sulli was surprised at his reaction. Out of all the EXO members, Baekhyun’s usually the most approachable one, and this was the first time she heard him snap. She lowered her head and she heard him sigh. “Miss, I’m sorry, but I’m just in a rush right now. Do you have anything to tell me?”

 

She did her best to stop her tears and nodded. She rummaged through her backpack to find her love letter. She placed it in front so she could easily whip it out, but weirdly, it wasn’t where she left it. She started panicking, remembering all the cheesy words she wrote there. God, no, no, please…

 

She was caught up in her missing love letter that she missed Baekhyun’s impatience. He tapped Sulli’s shoulder and she looked up. “Look, uhm, you’re my schoolmate, right?” She nodded idiotically. “So give me whatever you want at school. I just really need to be somewhere today.” She nodded again and Baekhyun gave her a half-smile before he went straight to the lift.

 

She was standing there like a stupid baboon when someone called out her name. “Sulli?”

 

She whipped her head and saw CNU wearing their school uniform. “Oppa!”

 

CNU walked towards her and picked up some of her school items which littered on the hospital’s floor. “Kitten, why are you here?” He asked while helping her put her things in order.

 

When she got a closer look, CNU indeed looked stressed. His eyes were swollen and red, but the other one’s more damaged. It has a black eye and he has a purplish bruise in the jaw. “Oppa, what happened to you?!” She concernedly asked and was about to touch CNU’s face when he caught her hand and smiled at her.

 

“Kitty, it’s nothing, swear.” He said. “Why are you here?” He repeated.

 

“Well, Gongchan’s supposed to go but he has detention today so he as–”

 

“Aish, that Gong Chanshik, really!” CNU said, cutting her off. “He knows how you hate hospitals and yet…” He shook his head. “He’s dead.”

 

Sulli wore her backpack and walked out of the hospital with CNU while laughing. “No need oppa, I’m sure that Chanshik-ah’s already dead.”

 

--

 

“Sulli-yah, can I spend a few hours at your house?” CNU asked seriously. “I told my mother that I’m going to school…” He sheepishly added. So that explains why he’s wearing uniform…

 

“Sure oppa! We should also attend to your face!” She shook her head. “Aigoo, just who exactly attempted to beat up my pretty boy oppa?!” The black eye was one thing, but there were also another few cuts on his face and of course, the bruise on his jaw. Sulli wondered where he got that. Jinyoung, Sandeul, and Baro usually get into fights, but not CNU. He seldom does. Gongchan doesn’t fight because Sulli strictly forbade him to.

 

“Of course, kitty.” He answered and smiled tenderly at her. She smiled back before getting her phone from her bag to text everyone to just meet at their house. Unfortunately, Soojung has a date after school, so she won’t be able to make it.

 

The two reached their house and found Jinyoung, Sandeul, Baro, and Gongchan in front. They quickly huddled over CNU while she opened the house. The five guys settled inside as if they were in their own houses.

 

Sulli quickly took the first-aid kit from the bathroom and handed it to Jinyoung. “Oi, Jinyoung, help CNU oppa.” Jinyoung’s the one who’s an expert in those stuffs since he’s the one who usually gets in a fight.

 

“Yah, CNU hyung’s only older by five months and you call him oppa?!” He protested but took the first-aid kit anyway.

 

“Jeez, Jinyoung, it up, will you?” She replied before calling Sandeul over to cook.

 

“Seriously, kitten, I should cook and let Sandeul help CNU hyung.” He insisted.

 

Sulli’s eyes turned to slits. She knows that Jinyoung cooks better, but she’s lessening their time together. He will just insist about him being number one in her heart, as if attaining that goal will save people from cancer and bring back World Trade Center.

 

Sandeul rubbed his nape and gently took the kit from Jinyoung’s hands. “As much as I’d love to save you from Jinyoung hyung, kitten, I don’t want to blow up your kitchen.” After that, he snuck out to the living room to help CNU.

 

Jinyoung smugly slung his arms over Sulli’s shoulders. “Told you so, kitten.” He forcefully dragged her to the kitchen.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: OMONA 17 subscribers and 4 upvotes?! Thank you yeorobun!!~

Keke I really find Jinyoung cute here ;D What do you guys think? :)