{ 05 }

Broken Rules

{ 05 }

 

When the two started their study session, it only proved that Gongchan was only trying to make her feel better. Almost half of the time was spent with him goofing around. Also, he was even better at studying than her, and he was mostly the one who taught Sulli rather than the other way around.

 

“Ssul, I hope you won’t be too mad at Jinyoung hyung.” Gongchan said seriously. “I mean, we all know he can be an at times, but I thought you were used to it already?”

 

Sulli sighed and leaned back at her chair. “The day’s just stressing me out.” She confessed to Gongchan.

 

“Why? Because Byun Baek’s not around?” He teased and grinned evilly.

 

“Nah. I saw him, Chan Chan.” She stated.

 

“Really? Where?”

 

“At the hospital.”

 

Gongchan was silent for quite a while. Sulli studied her best friend’s face. “Chanshik? Something wrong?”

 

He shook his head. “Yah, you’re not thinking that Byun has some serious disease or something right? I mean, seriously, Ssul, that’s so last season.” He laughed.

 

Sulli grabbed a pillow from her bed and hit Gongchan who only chuckled. “Seriously though, I was about to confess to him today.”

 

His eyes widened. “JINJJA?!”

 

Sulli hugged one of her pillows and let herself fall on the bed. She stared at the ceiling while speaking. “Yeah. But since he wasn’t at school…” She allowed her voice to trail off.

 

“Do you think that’s a good idea, Jinri?” Gongchan seriously asked. “You might get hurt.”

 

She smiled at the concern in Gongchan’s voice. “I’ll be fine, Chanshik. I mean, I don’t really think that Byun Baekhyun will give me a chance, you know?” She sighed. “Besides… I lost my love letter.”

 

“WHAT?! YOU PABO!!!” He stood up from his chair. “Aigoo, Ssul-ah, what will you do? Aish, you’re so careless!”

 

“Don’t worry too much! Tch, you’re like a mom, Chanshik.”

 

“Arasso.” He conceded. “Just make sure you won’t come to me crying while covered in snot.”

 

“Eeeew, Gong Chanshik!”

 

--

 

At around 8 in the evening, Sandeul, Baro, and CNU went up to knock at her door while they were still studying. Afraid that it was Jinyoung who was knocking again, Sulli asked Gongchan to open the door. “Oh, hyung-deul. Why?”

 

“Ah, we’ll be going home now.” Sandeul answered.

 

“Yep, is Sulli awake?” Baro followed up.

 

Sulli stood up and went over to the door. She stood beside Gongchan and smiled at the three guys. “I’m here. You guys heading home?”

 

“Yeah,” CNU answered. “Thanks for letting us stay, Sulli.”

 

“It’s nothing, oppa. Are you sure you don’t want to stay though? I mean, your bruise is still noticeable…” She questioned, afraid that CNU might face trouble at home if he was seen like that.

 

Smiling, he shook his head. “No need, kitty. Oppa’s fine.”

 

She nodded. “Arasso, take care on your way home.”

 

The three guys turned and were about to leave when CNU turned back. “Sulli, Jinyoung says he’s really sorry.”

 

Sulli snorted. “If he’s sorry then he shouldn’t show his face to me again.”

 

“Jinri…” CNU voiced out, his tone reprimanding.

 

She could only sigh. Whenever CNU addresses her about something, she quickly acquiesces to it. “Arasso, Dongwoo oppa. But I hope he won’t pull tricks on me soon, or else I won’t promise anything.” She answered and crossed her arms over her chest.

 

Gongchan and CNU laughed as the latter ruffled her hair. “That’s great, Sulli. Bye, guys. See you tomorrow at school. Gongchan-ah, won’t you go home yet?”

 

The maknae shook his head. “Nah, hyung. I’ll stay for a bit. Besides, I only live at the corner, hyung.”

 

“Okay then. Bye.” CNU waved to them for the last time. After a few rustling downstairs, they heard the door open and close before it was silent again.

 

Gongchan and Sulli went back to where they left off in their homework. “Yah,” he nudged her. “Won’t you cook dinner?”

 

Sulli smacked him in the head. “You just ate!”

 

“I’m still hungry, Ssul-ah~” He whined while touching his stomach. “Ssul-ah, Ssul-ah, Ssul-ah~” He chanted like a mantra. Sulli tried covering her ears but Gongchan was stubborn and continued calling her out like that. When she finally cannot take it, she grabbed her phone to call someone.

 

“Hello? Please deliver two servings of jajangmyeon… Yes, thank you.” When she ended the call, she stared at her best friend’s face which lit up like a candle in the dark.

 

“You’re the best, Choi Jinri!” He hollered and even made a hand gesture.

 

Sulli only laughed at him. Being with Gongchan took her mind off certain things, especially the ones named Jinyoung and her missing love letter.

 

--

 

When Sulli got to school the next day, she saw Baekhyun coming out of the black car which drives him to and fro to school, unless he and the other EXO members have any plans. She was fixated on staring at him when someone tapped her on the shoulder. “Boo.”

 

“YAH!” She screamed and turned, only to see a laughing Kim Jongin. Her face contorted to a frown. What is this guy doing here again? She thought. He’s quite weird.

 

“You’re looking at me like I’m a specimen from Saturn.” He casually commented. Sulli took in his appearance. Kim Jongin always comes to school by foot, and he never wears his uniform well. His tie will always be askew, or his undershirt would be a t-shirt with a cartoon character in it, and his backpack was carelessly slung on his back.

 

“Well, you’re certainly acting suspicious,” Sulli answered, narrowing her eyes on Kim Jongin. “I’ve been your classmate for more than five years and you never talked to me once.”

 

Kim Jongin only laughed, showing his pearly white teeth in contrast to his slightly tanned skin. Sulli thinks that his chocolate-colored skin was one of the reasons why he gets a lot of admirers. He was the only one in EXO with that skin color, and the rest of them are fair-skinned. “Don’t get the wrong idea, I only helped you because you helped Baek hyung before. Besides, I haven’t seen the need to talk to you.”

 

“And now what?” She asked.

 

“Well, Choi Sulli, it was nice meeting you.” Kim Jongin winked at her before heading inside the school.

 

“Yah, yah, Choi Jinri!!!” Soojung shouted. She grabbed Sulli’s arm as she gasp for breath. “Why are you still here?!”

 

“Why?”

 

“Pabo! You’re three minutes to lateness!” She gushed, dragging Sulli’s arm with her as the two girls ran towards the school.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Thank you to all the subscribers!~ And btw to all of my fellow EXOstans out there, have you read the fic 48 Hours? It was of horror and suspense genre. I read it and it freaked me out (and that's saying much since I don't easily get freaked out by horror stuffs). If you haven't yet, I suggest you read it! Despite its side effects, it's really worth your time. ^^ Tell me your thoughts!