{ 14 }

Broken Rules

{ 14 }

 

Soon enough, the initial awkwardness ebbed away. Sulli found herself enjoying the company of EXO. She didn’t even notice that she was glued to Kai all night, not until Chen pointed it out. “These two are like freaking magnets!” He exclaimed, teasing.

 

Sulli’s face blushed. “That’s not true, Chen…”

 

“Awww, look, Sulli’s so cute when she blushes!” Chanyeol commented and pinched her cheeks. Kai, who was seated next to her, immediately pushed his hyung away. “Chanyeol hyung!”

 

“Uhm, I need to go to the bathroom,” she whispered to Kai as the rest of EXO continued cracking up. It was loud, since they were all talking loudly added to the stereo which was playing party songs.

 

He nodded and she immediately stood up. The whole unit was huge. She caught herself gawking at almost every piece of furniture inside. Maybe I shouldn’t be surprised. After all, they’re EXO.

 

She a corner, hoping that it would reveal the bathroom but to her disappointment, it seems like the bedroom was located there. The door was slightly ajar but she paid no attention. She was about to leave when she heard a soft voice carried by the wind. It was beautiful, and before she knew it, her feet were already taking her towards the room.

 

To her surprise, Baekhyun was there. He was sitting on the bed, facing the window while singing softly. Because of her utter oblivion, she didn’t even notice that she was leaning too close to the door, causing it to push open and produce a sound.

 

Baekhyun stopped singing and turned, curious who it was. He was surprised to see that it was Kai’s girlfriend. He really had a lot on his mind and he wouldn’t even be in the party if only Sehun didn’t release his inner diva to guilt-trip him. The maknae complained that they haven’t seen Baekhyun for so long, and the others supported him. “Baek, we know you’re worried, but she’s not in danger.” Lay said softly then. “Don’t stress yourself too much.”

 

“Uhm, hi?” Sulli awkwardly said as he continued looking at her. “I’m Choi Sulli.”

 

“I know.” He answered. “Aren’t you the girl from the hospital?”

 

Sulli froze. Damn it I knew he would recognize me!!! What would I do now?! “Oh, that… Ehrm… yeah. That was me.”

 

“Didn’t you have something to… give me?” He asked, his eyes still locked with his.

 

She felt as if there was a marathon going through inside her heart. Its fast pace wasn’t helping her think coherently. “Just… something.” She answered lamely. “I lost it already.”

 

“What was it?”

 

“Nothing!” She hurriedly said. “Just a… a candy!” Sulli wanted to facepalm herself as soon as she registered what she blurted out.

 

Baekhyun bit back a smile. She’s cute when she’s flustered, he thought inwardly. He didn’t comment anymore and continued staring at the window blankly when Sulli stepped closer. She was now standing near the bed where he was sitting. “You look… troubled.” She commented.

 

“Just things at school,” he dodged, not wanting to talk about his problem. Remembering it hardened his face. He suddenly stood up, startling Sulli. “I’m gonna go first.” He said and left just like that.

 

Why am I even talking to that girl? He asked himself as he stepped out of the room.

 

Sulli was stunned to see the sudden change in his behavior. She even thought that he warmed up even a little to her, and then the next minute he was dodging her attempts and walks out of the room.

 

She begrudgingly sighed before walking back to the living room where EXO was situated. The party music has stopped and the boys were talking in hushed voices.

 

“Does he have to take it on me if I like Sulli–” Kai’s voice stopped in mid-sentence when he saw her coming out. Irritation was still on his face when he stood up and grabbed her hand. “We’re going.” He stiffly said before dragging her out of the unit.

 

Seeing his irritated face, Sulli chose to keep quiet and not to irritate him some more. But then, even though he was irritated, he was still patient enough to let her fix herself first and drive slowly because of Sulli’s situation. She smiled to herself, and then the strange things flying around on her stomach were back.

 

Again, she dismissed it. Soon, they reached her house. Sulli stepped off and smiled to Kai. “Thank you. That wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be,” she told him.

 

However, Kai was still stiff. He was looking forward when he spoke. “Can I come in?” He asked, his voice as quiet as the night.

 

She was surprised at his question. Well, maybe surprise was an understatement. There was a long pause and he was getting sure that she doesn’t want him in her house. “I’ll just g–”

 

“Come in.” Sulli said and turned to open the gate. She feels like Kai wasn’t just a business partner now, but not exactly a friend either. However, she opted not to think much of it, just wanting to savor the ceasefire between them two even for a moment.

 

She already opened the gate but when she turned, Kai was still mounting his motorbike, staring blankly at her. She placed both of her hands on her waist and cocked her brows. “Yah, won’t you come?!”

 

That was the only time when he stepped off the motorbike and followed her in.

 

--

 

“I agree with Kai,” Tao said, back on Sehun’s condo unit. The boys were still discussing Kai’s relationship with Sulli, and how it affects Baekhyun. “It’s not his fault. Besides, it’s not everyday that you see that guy liking a girl seriously.”

 

“Okay, maybe Baek’s not really reasonable, but…” Chanyeol looked around s. “We can’t really blame him though. Mihyun’s really important to him!”

 

“We do understand, Yeol. We’re worried for Mihyun, too.” Kris replied. “But he shouldn’t take it out on Kai. God, I bet it’s the kid’s first love and then he goes prancing around and wrecking it?”

 

Luhan butted in. “Mihyun’s well now, though, right? We just saw her last week and she’s better.”

 

“Yeah,” Chen responded. “But Baek’s still not happy with how things went.”

 

“If I were him, I probably won’t be too.” Kris admitted.

 

“But…” Sehun’s quiet voice said. “Isn’t it Mihyun’s fault?”

 

The members only stared at each other, not wanting to comment anymore. “Aigoo.” Suho whined. “This is getting out of hand.”

 

“The issue’s getting bigger.” Xiumin added. “At the rate they’re going, I won’t be surprised if Kai and Baek get involved in a rift.”

 

“Hyung, let’s not talk about those things,” Kyungsoo cut him off. “Let’s just think on how they could get back on good terms.”

 

“Hey, how about we introduce Sulli and Mihyun to each other?!” Chanyeol excitedly suggested. “If they hit it off, maybe Baek will change his mind about Sulli.”

 

“Hmmm… That can be.” Said Sehun. “And it’s not like it’s her fault to be related to that guy.”

 

“We’re actually missing the most important point here,” Suho pointed out.

 

The EXO boys looked at each other and spoke, “HOW?!”

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: One fact revealed! ;D

And hello to seiranti and HashMin!~~ Thank you for upvoting ^^

Comments? :)