{ 15 }

Broken Rules

{ 15 }

 

The next morning, Sulli and Kai walked to school together. It seems like their “ceasefire” was still on since he talks more amicably now. They were both more comfortable with each other, and Sulli had grown used to Kai’s skinships that she doesn’t even feel bothered when he held her hand as they walked even when no one’s really around to watch the “show.”

 

She was hoping that less students would be around when they got to school, but she was wrong. It seemed like the number of students who were following their relationship closely inflated like a balloon. She held tighter to him, feeling uncomfortable with people crowding them.

 

She was walking alongside Kai when she caught Soojung’s eyes. The latter slowed down as they looked at each other. She tugged her hand away from Kai and gestured that she will just follow him to the classroom as she ran towards Soojung. A confused Kai followed her with his eyes, but he understood as soon as he saw who she was targeting.

 

When Soojung noticed that Sulli was aiming for her, she didn’t really do anything. She silently stood in her place, waiting for Sulli to explain. “Soojung-ah…” She said, a little breathless from the run.

 

Soojung remained silent for a while, and then she suddenly broke into a pout and hugged Sulli, to the latter’s surprise. “YOU PABO! I know you love Chanshik the most but you should have bugged me to death to explain!” She yelled to her as the two friends hugged.

 

Sulli’s smile widened as Soojung broke away from the hug. “Choi Jinri, explain everything to me right now!” She whined and stomped her foot like a child having a tantrum.

 

“Mianhae, Soojung. Actually… Kai and I have been dating secretly for a long time,” she confessed and bit her lip, not wanting to lie to one of her best friends.

 

Soojung’s eyes widened at her statement. “Mwo?! But… didn’t you like Baekhyun?” She asked, confused with how things were turning out.

 

“Well, it was just a cover-up so that no one would suspect us being in a relationship.” She replied, sticking to their background story. She feels bad lying to Soojung, but it’s not like she wanted to. Ugh that Kim Kai! If only he didn’t have a hold on me with that love letter, I would have butchered him to death!

 

Soojung was silent for a while, taking the news in. “But why did you guys suddenly publicize your relationship?”

 

“Err, we had a fight then. I… I was the one who doesn’t want to publicize our relationship, since I know how the girls almost worship EXO.” Soojung nodded. “I was just supposed to talk to him and then he announced that I was his girl.”

 

An unknown emotion passed over Soojung’s face but it was gone before Sulli could ask. A happy smile was now painted on her best friend’s face. “I’m really happy for you, Ssul!” She exclaimed before hugging Sulli again. “Tch, I knew that the scene in the library wasn’t really nothing.”

 

The two girls walked to their classes together, but Soojung noticed that she was still feeling down. Soojung nudged her. “Yah, why do you look like that? You’re Kim Jongin’s girlfriend, smile!” She teased.

 

Sulli tried to smile but she was still a bit down. “Is this about the other oppa-deul?” Soojung questioned again.

 

“Yeah,” Sulli answered. “I don’t want them mad at me anymore.”

 

“Just tell them what you told me, Sulli-yah.” Soojung answered with a reassuring smile on her face. “I’m sure it will be fine. They’ll understand.”

 

“Hopefully,” she answered wistfully as they settled on their classroom.

 

--

 

Lunchtime came and Gongchan and Soojung were dragging Sulli. She only sent an apologetic look to Kai before following the two on their table.

 

Just like the other day, it was quiet. Jinyoung offered her another smile and she smiled back, glad that at least one of them was not mad at her. To her surprise, Soojung suddenly clapped her hands to get the attention of the three other men. “Okay, okay! We should all settle this now.” She looked at everyone. “C’mon oppa-deul, talk to Ssul! Aren’t you guys happy that she has someone?”

 

“Don’t talk as if you don’t know anything, Soojung.” Baro growled.

 

“Baro!” CNU’s voice held warning. “Shut up.”

 

“But hyung–”

 

CNU turned to Sulli to cut Baro off. “Sulli-yah, oppa’s sorry for his actions. I was just…” He paused for a moment before he smiled again. “Caught off-guard, I guess. I’m really happy for you.”

 

“I’m sorry too, Dongwoo oppa!” She turned to the other guys. “Sandeul oppa, Baro oppa, Jinyoung… I’m sorry for lying to everyone.” She apologized and bowed before explaining what she already told Soojung.

 

Sandeul shrugged. “If CNU hyung’s cool with it, I’m fine, too.” He answered and smiled at Sulli. “Congratulations, kitten.”

 

“Thank you, oppa!” She beamed widely.

 

“Yah yah yah, why am I the one who doesn’t get called oppa again?!” Jinyoung whined as Sandeul nudged Baro in the ribs repeatedly.

 

Sulli faked a glare to Jinyoung. Honestly, she doesn’t really feel mad at him anymore. Jinyoung may have acted like a jerk, but just like what Gongchan pointed out before, it was just in his nature. Besides, she thinks that Jinyoung didn’t even know that he was already crossing the line. He had been nice to her and offering her supportive smiles that she remembered how they were before he started teasing her about her old feelings for him.

 

“Sandeul hyung stop killing me with your elbows!” Baro reacted as he sat far away from Sandeul.

 

Sandeul made a face. “Just talk to Sulli already! Stop being a kid, Baro.”

 

Baro winced, and then he looked at Sulli, sighing. “Arasso. Mianhae, kitty. It’s just that… it all came from nowhere. I mean, we all thought you like this Byun guy and suddenly you’re Kim Jongin’s girlfriend?!”

 

“I’m sorry to upset you, oppa.” Sulli answered, feeling really guilty about her lies. Gongchan squeezed her hand lightly, comforting her.

 

“It’s okay. Just… don’t do that again, neh? Tell us the truth.” He reminded.

 

Soojung snickered. “As if you’re the one to speak.”

 

“Jung Soojung.” Jinyoung warned, and Soojung only made a face.

 

Sulli felt left out. She feels that there was a secret going on with the boys and Soojung that only she didn’t know. Sandeul noticed her look, and he looked at CNU. “CNU hyung.” He called out.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Just tell Sulli the truth, will you?”

 

CNU’s face darkened. “Shut up, Sandeul.”

 

Sulli darted her eyes between CNU and Sandeul in confusion. I’m right, she thought. They really are keeping something from me.

 

“Hyung–”

 

“Dongwoo oppa?” She called out gingerly. “What… is the truth?”

 

“Damn you, Lee Junghwan,” CNU growled under his breath before looking at Sulli. “This isn’t the right place to talk about it, Ssul.” After that, he grabbed his backpack and walked out of the cafeteria.

 

Sulli curiously looked at her other friends on the table, and they all urged her to go and follow CNU. Determined to know what they were hiding, she quickened her steps and found herself following CNU to the garden.

 

Since it’s lunchtime, most of the students were in the cafeteria so the place was deserted. It was the perfect place to tell about Shin Dongwoo’s secret.

 

A long time passed but CNU wasn’t talking. It was as if he was still decisive whether to tell Sulli the truth or not. After a minute, Sulli couldn’t take the silence any more. “Oppa? What is it?”

 

CNU sighed heavily before answering. “Do you know that Byun Baekhyun has a sister, Sulli?”

 

Her brows furrowed, not really familiar with the information. “No, oppa. But why?”

 

CNU looked away.

 

“I’m dating Byun Mihyun.”

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

A/N: *GASP!* MIHYUN'S IDENTITY IS REVEALED!!!~

Do you have more idea what's happening, now? :)

seiranti and Krystynah got the right answer that Mihyun's Baek's sister ^^

Comments? :)

UPDATE: I just read that Baek and Taeyeon are dating secretly for four months. I never would have guessed... /tears/ Anyway, let's be happy for EXO's canine... even tho it hurtzzzz. //3