{ 08 }

Broken Rules

{ 08 }

 

Sulli was patiently waiting for Gongchan at her doorstep. The latter suggested that they go to school together to help clear her mind. She quickly agreed, thinking that he would be a great distraction from her unsettled thoughts about Kim Jongin.

 

She was jumpy all throughout their morning classes, and she even scored herself an extra assignment because she hadn’t been listening well. Even though Gongchan promised to help her work on it, she didn’t feel settled at all. No, her mind was in haywire for thinking at what will happen later.

 

When the dreaded bell to lunch rang, she felt her stomach tied in knots. Gongchan tapped her shoulder. “It’ll be okay, Ssul. I’ll help you.”

 

“Chan Chan, you must not tell anyone, arasso? It’s our secret.” She sternly commanded.

 

Gongchan held out his pinky finger to Sulli. “To the grave.” Sulli smiled and locked her pinky with Gongchan’s before the two of them and Soojung walked together towards the cafeteria.

 

As per usual, it was buzzing with people, but thankfully, EXO wasn’t around yet. They got their lunches and Gongchan volunteered to buy the drinks but Soojung relented, saying that she will buy it. She only smiled at Sulli before heading out.

 

Sulli grasped Gongchan’s blazer. “Does she know anything?” She carefully whispered.

 

“Nah, she was just worried. She talked to me a while ago about how you were so jumpy and how you’re only comfortable with me around, so I think that’s the reason.”

 

She internally sighed in relief and thanked Soojung a million times inside her mind. Her vision spotted CNU, and she doesn’t know how to break it to him that she will become EXO’s Kim Jongin’s girlfriend.

 

Before she could even form a coherent sentence, the whole cafeteria grew hushed and she felt her body going rigid. The cafeteria going silent is only attributed to one thing: the arrival of EXO. Gongchan rubbed her back lightly as if saying she was going to fine.

 

She sneaked a look at their table and saw an empty chair next to Kim Jongin. They’re complete today, and he was laughing about something but she saw him look at her way once as if signaling that the empty chair was waiting for her.

 

Calm down, Sulli, calm down… Breathe first. She stole glances at their table but her vision always falls to the empty chair next to Kim Jongin. Before Gongchan could say anything more, she gathered her strength and slowly walked towards EXO’s table.

 

The whole cafeteria grew hushed with Sulli’s every step. No one ever dared to approach EXO this way, in a crowded place and the twelve of them huddled together. Even the girls who confess to them always try their best to catch them alone, because being with one EXO member already freezes their insides, how much more if it’s the twelve of them?

 

She was only five steps away when she saw Kim Jongin glance her way. A side of his lips upturned into a smirk as he tuned out s and propped his elbow on the table to support his head as he smugly stared at Sulli. His words from yesterday repeated in her mind: “Trust me, Choi, you’ll definitely accept.”

 

Sulli had already cursed Kim Jongin for a million times when she finally reached EXO’s table. Everyone’s eyes fell on her now. Her knees were starting to buckle and she suddenly felt the urge to run away and walk past them when Kim Jongin suddenly stood up and grabbed her hand.

 

The EXO members only cocked their eyebrows at his actions. Sulli’s eyes flew to Baekhyun and saw that his expression was one with their other members. They all thought that Kim Jongin was only pulling a trick, but they’re in for a surprise.

 

“Hey,” Kim Jongin stated, still holding Sulli’s hand. If the cafeteria wasn’t as still and silent as the Underworld, only the EXO members would have been able to hear Kim Jongin’s statement.

 

“Meet my girlfriend, Choi Jinri, but call her Sulli.”

 

Loud gasps were heard from the other tables while the EXO members broke into a smile. Some were real, and some were condescending. Park Chanyeol was the first one to clap along with Kim Jongdae. “Whoa, congrats, Kai!”

 

Kai? Ah, right. EXO have their nicknames with friends.

 

“Oh wait, so this isn’t a joke?” Oh Sehun commented before smiling. “Really, Kai, how did you get a girlfriend without anyone’s knowledge?”

 

“That, Sehun, is for us to know and for you to never find out,” Kim Jongin teasingly answered. He slung his arm over Sulli’s shoulders who stiffened. “Anyway, formal introductions will be made later, I want my girlfriend alone.” After that, he whisked Sulli away and before she could even register it, they were already in the abandoned dance room.

 

“WHAT THE HELL?” was her first reaction. “That was so rash, Kim Jongin!”

 

“Kai.” He said. “Call me Kai. It’s my nickname when I’m with friends, and that way we’d be more believable.” He sat at the floor while Sulli remained standing.

 

“Okay fine, Kai. Whatever. Isn’t this too rash?!”

 

“That’s why we’ll make the rules now, Sulli.” He answered seriously. “The guidelines for Kim Jongin and Choi Jinri’s fake relationship.” Kai started enumerating his set of rules, not to be broken or trampled on.

 

  1. Choi Jinri would be Kim Jongin’s girlfriend for an indefinite amount of time, depending on the latter’s situation.
  2. Neither Choi Jinri nor Kim Jongin will be allowed to disclose their secret deal to other people, regardless who it was.
  3. If a situation calls for skinship, Choi Jinri cannot refuse Kim Jongin. The skinship allowed would be holding hands, hugging, and if a really intense situation occur, a kiss.
  4. Choi Jinri will be Kim Jongin’s proper girlfriend around everyone, even EXO or with the former’s friends. No exception, especially to Kim Jongin’s family.
  5. Choi Jinri shall not use her time with Kim Jongin to get closer to the latter’s friend, Byun Baekhyun, whom Choi Jinri likes with all her heart and soul.
  6. They could act however they want when the two of them are alone.
  7. Choi Jinri cannot meddle with Kim Jongin’s private affairs, and vice versa.
    1. Both parties should be discreet in whatever secret they’re having. It should be made sure that none of them would put the other in a scandal.
  8. Neither of the two involved parties should snoop in the personal life of one another. They should only know the basics so as not to appear an idiotic couple.
  9. Kim Jongin will pick up Choi Jinri at 7:30 on the dot so the former will look like the best boyfriend to ever exist in the world.
  10. Choi Jinri and Kim Jongin’s relationship will be strictly business.
  11. If Choi Jinri breaks the rules, Kim Jongin breaks his word.
  12. Further rules will be added with the consent of Kim Jongin.

 

Sulli’s eyes went wide when she heard the rules. Kai wrote it down but he quickly crumpled and ripped the paper after she read it. “Don’t leave an evidence,” he said and winked before trampling all over the paper again.

 

“Yah, all the benefits are for you!” She exclaimed. “And what’s with the Rule 5?! You’re over the top with the ‘all her heart and soul’ thing,” she added, disgusted by the way things were turning out.

 

Kai lazily cocked his eyebrows. “I am the one blackmailing you, Choi. Of course I’d take the advantage.”

 

Sulli could only breathe deeply, burying her desire to bury Kai six feet under the ground inside herself. “It’s unfair, Kim.”

 

“Tell someone who cares, Choi– Oh wait,” he smirked, “You’re not allowed to.”

 

Can anyone recommend the cleanest way to do a murder?

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Another update kekeke!~~ Comments please? T^T It fuels me to update more...