Home At Last

The Vampire's Slave

A Short Sulli P.O.V.

 

I recognized Siwon's nose flared after Eun Bi becomes officially the new Dracula. It was expected that it would be Taemin, I was expecting that but maybe he likes Eun Bi so much that he entrusted the most important thing for the whole vampires.

As to Onew, he doesn't really care as  long as there's chicken for him. He's more like human than a vampire.

At night, when I was about to sleep, Taemin knocked on my door and I opened it for him.

"You help the humans escape, didn't you?" He asked me in a gravelly voice.

I know what I did was wrong for the vampires, but I had compassion.

"Yes, I did." I admitted.

"Why do you always disappoint me?"

"I'm sorry."

Then he slapped my face. I felt the redness of my cheeks, after that painful slap. Not just somebody slapped me, but a guy whom I liked . But I realized I don't like him anymore - or after all. My heart was now full of hatred over him. I will never forgive him, I thought.

Even if I have to give up being a vampire, I'd really want to spend the rest of my life with a human.

Kwangmin's P.O.V.

I spent 3 days and 2 nights in the hospital. My parents were always there beside me. But on my last day, they left me a letter.

Kwangmin, Sweetie

Go Home for now. We already brought your things at home. We'll be waiting for you. We also have a surprise for you.

Love Mom and Dad :)  

I rode the taxi going home. I still felt the pain in my whole body after that torture back in Griffin. But I can't remember what happened after greeting Eun Bi a happy birthday. But I'm sure it wasn't a dream . That time I officially became her slave, when I slept in the dungeon, when my mom and Ji Yeon were captured, when Eun Bi first kissed me, when I was caught by Taemin and ... the torture night.

My stomach churned when I stepped in the house. It was also dark, no lights on .

I stepped another step and looked around.

"Mom? Dad?" I called, but no one answered.

When I look back and then back again, they surprised me. They used that small wind instrument,  a horn and then made sound as if it was New Year's Eve or my birthday.

"Welcome back home!" They greeted me - my parents, my friends from school, the neighborhood. Mom usually does that party-thing when I'm discharged from a hospital after an ill. She's still the same, but my father is not really into this things. He's not even playful with me when I was young, he's just busy and all he wanted was for me to be a military like him in the future.

That moment, they all hugged me one by one. My mom hugged me second to the last, and father was last to. He didn't smile , he gave me no emotion.

During the party, I didn't join the others. I stayed inside my room.

My father knocked.

"Come in," I said.

He opened the door, stepped in and closed the door and then faced me. He smiled warmly.

"Can you tell me now?" He asked me as he sat beside me on my blue couch. "What happened to you in the woods? You were gone for almost 3 weeks - or something. And then we only found you 3 days ago. "

"Uhm," I was stuttered.

"Tell me the truth." He stared into my eyes and I stared back. I can't tell him what really happened, and Mom sure doesn't remember that she has been to where I've been. "Kwangmin, don't be scared. Who did this to you?"

"No one." I lied. "I just fell on a mountain." That's ridiculous. With all the scars on my body that are still hurting, it can't be that I just fell. But it's possible though. Father wouldn't think that someone tried to kill me, would he? "Then..." I went on, "Someone helped me. "

"For weeks?" He sounded impossible. I guess, I don't have a way out. But I have to try, I thought .

 "Well..." I continued, " The bruises when I fell was really deep, I can't remember well, all I did for the past few weeks was sleep --- then eat then sleep again."

"Then who helped you?"

"I don't know." Because the truth is no one, I said on my mind. "But he was an old man. "

"Where does he live?"

"Huh? Well --- maybe in the woods. I don’t remember."

"I have to meet that old man. What if you’re only lying to me and the truth is he beat you?"

I looked away.  I've had much since I was young. First , my father. He always beat me, when he's drunk. Mom would cry out loud trying to stop him, neither can’t I stop him. He always denies he did it to me. The scar at my back. No one has seen it besides Mom and Dad. Second, Taemin. I don't know whose worst, but his beating to me did hurt a lot, I almost died. Lastly, that would be Eun Bi. But I felt as if, she didn't want to do it to me. I have to see her...

"Kwangmin," Father called me. "I ---" But I cut him off.

"I want to rest please." I told him. I was telling the truth. I was really exhausted and my whole body aches. I wanted to lie down.

"Ok." was all he said .

He stood up and reaches for the door knob, but it opened before he did.

It was Sulli and Onew. What are they doing here? I asked myself on my mind.

"Who are these lovely visitors?" Father asked them nicely. Sulli and Onew smiled.

"Were his friends." Sulli said.

"Oh, " father looked at me then back at them, "You must be a schoolmate - or a classmate?"

"Classmates." Onew lied.

"Great ." Father smiled. "You guys need some privacy? Well then, take good care of my son. I'll call you two when it's dinner time." Then he left and closed the door.

I just stared at the two vampires in front of me. Sulli jerked to Onew ,giving him the sign to leave the room and he did.

Now there was only me and Sulli.

She glanced at me.

"Eun Bi's the new Dracula now." She said.

"What? " I asked, shocked. "Why? A Dracula - that's -"

"She's stronger now. She's more evil."

I stood up quickly. The first thought that came to my mind was , this can't happen to her, she's still Eun Bi, the Human that I know. I thought that - my duty as her slave is not finish yet , I have to bring her back and that way I can.

"I have to go back." I mumbled.

But then in a glimpse, Sulli appeared in front of me and pushed me on my bed along with her. She was on top of me, holding my collar with her hands.

"Forget about her, " she whispered softly.

"What?" I asked, surprised.

"I'm here... Am I?" and then she pressed her lips to mine.

I pushed her away slightly, and layup. I saw Onew saw us from the door which was now opened. His face unreadable. But his eyes were wide shocked.

When Sulli turned back to see who I was looking too, Onew was already gone .He already disappeared and Sulli pulled me back to her.

"Kwangmin-shi, please." she pleaded. "Forget about her. She already has Taemin. Can't you just be mine?" her voice was breaking, "I'm tired of having to watch the person I like being with someone else, and now I can't make the same thing happen. Not anymore."