Once Upon A Night

The Vampire's Slave

Kwangmin's P.O.V.

"Mom --" I went on, "Ji Yeon - what are you two doing here?"

My mom stood up and hugged me tightly, "I was so worried about you. Me and your father were looking for you in the woods and Ji Yeon came with us after hearing you went looking for Eun Bi..." she lets go of me and her palms on my shoulder. I was speechless and her voice was also brittle. She cried softly. "But what is this place? Did they hurt you, huh? I saw their fangs - I saw them, it's impossible. Vampires, they are vampires!" she exclaimed. "We have to get out of here!" she held my hand, the one where my wrist was cut by myself and she noticed it. Her eyes widen again, "What happened to this?"

"It's..." I pulled back my hand. "Nothing, mom. Don’t worry."

"It's not nothing! Who did this to you?!!" she yelled.

But then our conversation was cut off when Ji Yeon yelled Eun Bi's name.

"Eun Bi!" she called Eun Bi's name and stood up.

I turned back and there she was. She saw us. She was now face to face to her old best friend too.

Mom and Ji Yeon were both shocked. I could see Eun Bi was stunned and speechless especially when Ji Yeon ran to Eun Bi and hugged her. After that she cried and faced her. "What happened to you?" Ji Yeon was crying now, she was holding the cold hands of Eun Bi. 

"Get away from me!" Eun Bi slapped away Ji Yen’s hand and Ji Yeon was surprised , distracted and couldn't believe how Eun Bi slapped her away. "What are you doing here, you traitor?!" then she looked at me. "Kwangmin, what are they doing here?! Answer me!" She yelled.

"I don’t know..." I said. "We should bring them back..." I told her.

"Go To My Room." She ordered me and now her eyes turned red. I didn't move an inch. I still wanted to make sure mom and Ji Yeon would be fine. "I said GO TO MY ROOM! Or I'll kill them right now right here! " She yelled again. She was mad. Obviously. So I turned back to my mom for the last time -of the night and walked away slowly and waited. Listening to the conversation.

"Eun Bi... what's wrong with you?" Ji Yeon asked her. "What happened to you?" 

"I died. You didn't know?" Eun Bi responded.

"What? But you are alive now."

Mom kept quiet the whole time. Although I couldn't see her expression in the main time, I knew what it would be.

"I died because of you. You ignored me when I fell into that cliff!"

"What?"

"But now I'm back. But I am a vampire. I was turned after dying. Can you believe it? Before - we only believed in them in movies. But now I am one of them. But I am real. And I'm not just the only one. I am with 10 other vampires. " She sighed and snickered. "Look - I don’t know why you two are here. And you --- are you Kwangmin's mother?"

"I am..." Mom answered her ,her breaking voice.

"Why are you two here? Who brought you here?"

"2 guys..." Mom responded. "They said --- we are gifts... for the birthday."

"Birthday?"

"It's your birthday tomorrow ,Eun Bi." Ji Yeon reminded her.

"Etch. Maybe they want me to drink up your bloods. That would be great. I would love to kill the traitor who ignored me. And my slave's dear mother would be sweet just like him." Eun Bi said.

"What?" Mom asked, worried voice. "Who slave?"

"Kwangmin is my slave." Her tone was insolent.

"What?" Mom hissed.

"Well then -ladies. I will see you tomorrow on my birthday."

I watched Eun Bi as she locked the dungeon back. She stared at me not expecting me to still be there.

"What are you still doing here? I told you to go in my room!" She yelled.

"Sorry." I apologized. "But can you not do it?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Can you not kill them? Can you free them? "

"Follow me to my room." Then she walked away.

Inside her room, she took a bottle of vodka and drank them.

"Why aren't you drinking blood?"

"I am not thirsty." She said. "I just want to get drunk."

"But that's bad for your health."

"Lock the door."

"Why?"

"Just lock it, you idiot!"

"Sorry...Ok, I will." I walked near the door and locked them. Then I turned back to her again. She was now sitting on her bed, she looked sad.

"You know..." she began. "I do miss her. But I hate her...She betrayed me. I died and she didn't tell the others! She lied!" Her tears fell on her face and she had another sip of the vodka. "I just want to kill her. That's all I want." she smiled at me, wryly. "And then I can free your mom. Will that do?" 

"Free Ji Yeon too." I told her.

"Why? You don’t know her."

"She is your best friend, you don’t have to kill her ,just free her. Anyway, who knows - she really didn't know you fell on the cliff?"

"Are you defending her?" she stood up and threw the empty vodka on the floor. "Are you on her side?!" She yelled.

"No ,it's not that."

"Then what is it?!"

"I --- I don’t know. All I know is that - Taemin could still be lying about what he told you about Ji Yeon." I looked down.

"You are defending her." She stepped closer to me and as she talked I could smell half vodka and half blood from . "You are my slave, you should be on my side. But why? I thought we had a deal."

At that time, I was scared. I was scared to lose her - that she might get angry to me, and I also felt like dying before she even planned of killing me - again - without hesitation.

I held my breath and cover my eyes. She pulled up my collar with her strong hands and shoved me away. I almost felt like flying as I dropped and tumbled on the floor along with the striped couch.

I realized then that she was on top on me in a glimpse. We gazed into each other's eyes and I also realized that my wrist was bleeding again. When she smelled it she raised my wrist with blood falling all over and dropped some on her hands and them.

"Eun Bi... " I began. "Please forgive me. I wasn't defending her. I will always be by your side, trust me."

She smiled at once and kissed me in my lips.