With Her

The Vampire's Slave

Kwangmin's P.O.V.

I waited for Eun Bi outside her room. I was also thinking about what Siwon ordered me to do. Bring him two humans? That's ridiculous. It was like betraying my own fellow, but if I wouldn't do it, he would kill me. But if I don’t do it ,he would kill me. He said it himself. I'm really stuck to vampires, I never believed about vampire tales before, but now its all clear to me that they exist - and they kill. I think only 2 vampires in this hunted house are what I can consider the good vampires : Sulli and Eun Bi. Although Eun Bi could have killed me if I wasn't her slave. And Sulli might not be thirsty last night that's why she didn't even try my blood. 

 

A few minutes later, Eun Bi went out. She was wearing a blue leather jacket with two pockets and a skinny jean.

"Let's go." She said and turned back.

"Where are we going?" I asked her.

"I need to buy groceries." She said. "And you are coming with me. Make sure no one sees me - those people who knows me."

 

I don't know why she doesn't want the people who knew her not to see her. She had really changed and I didn’t know how to bring back the old her. She had become selfish. I could see that in her eyes and attitude but her business wasn't my business even though I had vowed to her. Anyway, I am only a slave now.

When we were outside, she sat on the passenger seat and I sat on the driver's seat. I started the engine and she was just quiet.

I was wondering also if my parents already missed me - or if they are looking for me. They might be around the woods and I shouldn't let myself be seen. Luckily, we were able to pass the woods safely without anyone seeing us - me or her.

When we arrived to the grocery store, she started picking on some foods like meats. I was just wondering who would eat that, they are all vampires there anyway. They only drink blood. After that, we went to the restaurant. Somehow, it felt like a date for me. I've also seen her in the same restaurant before, with Ji Yeon. I wonder if she misses her. 

She ordered a coke and a beef, while I only ordered coke. I didn't feel hungry at all, to be honest.

Then I started a conversation.

"So..." I began. "Do you miss your human life?"

She glanced up at me while she was chewing a beef. "No." Then looked away. "You know what - I hate chewing. But I am hungry. But this is not enough." She sighed and put back the beef on the plate and sips a coke. "Later, we should go to the woods. You help me hunt animals, I love deers mostly."

"I will." I promised. "So..." I decided to change the topic again - back to the first topic. "Not even your parents? "

She glared at me.

"Or... your best friend?" I asked again. "Come on, I'm sure you miss them. Why don’t you show yourself?"

"Kwangmin..." she went on in an insolent tone. "I am already dead. The Eun Bi they know is dead, and I am new now. I am a vampire. I live forever, I will never get old and I can’t live with a non-vampire nor show myself. I can’t anymore, except when I hunt people."

"But you miss them."

"I already said no." She hissed. "I don’t love anyone so why would I miss anyone?"

"Anyone?"

"Except vampires."

"Oh."

"Ji Yeon is a fake friend anyway. Because of her --" she paused and sighed. Her voice became low. "I died."

"What?"

"Oppa told me. He said Ji Yeon saw me fall out of that cliff and she ignored me. She lied to everybody saying that she lost me. " Her voice was brittle. "I hate her." She looked away that time and cleared her throats. "And my parents- I don’t care about them ."

I sighed. Shocked that that was what happen. Possible that Ji Yeon really ignored her death, and then lie to everyone last 3 months. That would be horrible but I don’t think that is the truth. Besides, that Taemin could have been lying to her. But I have no evidence.

"Ok..." I told her. "I understand."

She smiled. "Are you not hungry?"

"No. I'm not."

"But you are so thin."

I giggled. "I'm not."

"Could it be because of the blood I drank from you?" Her voice sounded worried, if she was really - I would be glad. "Do you need more blood? You are so pale. Your lips are pale."

"I will be fine when I get some rest."

"So you are not coming with me hunting?"

"No --- of course not. I am coming with you. I cannot be without you. Besides - I am your slave."

"I am glad you say that. Let's say both of us have responsibility for each other. So you have to be responsible of me , I will be too for you. After I have my prey you can rest and I will not bother you until tomorrow."

"Thanks."

"No Problem..."

"Oh - and by the way... what is He to you?" I finally asked her. He , that's Taemin. I was just curious.

"He? Who?"

"Taemin."

"Oh. I don’t know."

"You two are in a relationship. Are you?"

"Who told you?"

"No one - but -"

"You saw us didn't you? You saw me and Oppa in the room?" Her eyes were now filled with fear - and anger. Somehow, I can’t tell which one it was really. But her voice was now deep- icy cold.

"Yee--yes..." I admitted. "I'm sorry." And apologized to her in an apologetic look before looking away.

"It is not what you think it is." She went on. "Oppa and I are just friends. Close friends."

"Close friends? They kiss each other ... in the forehead, cheeks and nose? He almost kissed you in the lips." I told her. I mean, if they are just close friends so that would mean if I was close friends with her, we will do the same? I know she was lying. But if I confronted her, she could kill me.

She chuckled. "Why am I explaining to you?" she bit her lips. I sighed. She was right. Why was she explaining? Why was I asking? I was so stupid, I shouldn't have asked her that. I shouldn't have. "You are just my slave." she reminded me with a sigh. "Let's go. It's getting dark. And the groceries - deliver them at home."

"What's that address anyway?"

"Griffin." She responded.

I watched Eun Bi watching the deer. Keeping an eye on them and then her finally the only one deer in the woods. I didn't mind to watch the killing. I turned my back and closed my eyes and covered my mouth and nose with my hand. I could hear the crying deer before it died. Tortured and killed. Eun Bi is evil, but I still don’t have the courage to run away and save my life. This way - I was getting close to her.

After the hunting, we went back home. The haunted house in Griffin.

I escorted Eun Bi to her room and went on the hallway where I spotted Siwon. Glaring at me.

"You didn't do what I told you." He said while his back was leaning on the wall and his arms crossed.

What he told me... I tried to remember and in seconds I did. 2 Humans ... its Eun Bi's birthday tomorrow. And he will kill me because I didn't bring humans for him. I shuddered.

"But don’t worry, I am not killing you." He said and I sighed with relief. "But..." he continued. "I captured 2 humans. And I will give them to Eun Bi as a gift tomorrow. Taemin liked them too. Very much. We captured them together anyway. You should take a look. They are at 4th floor dungeon. " He half smiled and left.

I go up the stairs to the 4th floor and took the keys for the dungeon. I was thinking who the humans would be, and thinking if there would be a way Eun Bi wouldn't kill and drink all their blood. Although, I didn't know those humans.

When I finally opened the dungeon, I looked at the two girls - no 1 girl and 1 woman, helpless sitting on the ground with their back leaning on the wall. They were bruised. They weren't just anybody too.

"Kwangmin?" My mother's eyes widen. "Oh my God!" she exclaimed.

"Jo Kwangmin!" Ji Yeon exclaimed.