Separate Way

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I thought you were a passenger but I was wrong."

(Year 2014 - 17 March 11am)

"Here we are. Hm.....Where are we now?" asked Shin Hye when they arrived their destination using the GPS device. "Don't tell me that---" She turned and saw Min Ho sleeping soundly at the passenger seat. Gentle and softly, she taps on his shoulder and wake him up.

"Hmm." answered Min Ho. 

Shin Hye then asked him again, "Where are we? Is this where you stay?" She wondered and suspected. "Should I wait for you here?" 

"Yes. This is my house. Just drive in. I'm too tired to walk." said Min Ho. Shin Hye wanted to but she couldn't as she doesn't have the remote control. Without waiting further, Min Ho leans over to her place and grab a remote that stick to the car keys. 

"This is the remote control for the gate. Blue to open and red to close. I already asked them to make extra remote for you so that if I need anything, you could get it instead." he continued. "Oe." Shin Hye's mouth formed a small 'o' and nods her head. Aish. Is this the remote for his autogate? Gosh. Still remembered how foolish I was when I got the car keys. Thinking this is for the car. Arghhh.

"I won't be long. You can wait in the car." said Min Ho.

Shin Hye mumbled to herself, "So this is where he stays. Beautiful and modern mansion." Looking around the car porch, she lets out a sigh, "What a spoilt brat. Boys and cars. Sometimes don't understand why can't they just donate the money to the charity instead of buying so many fancy cars."

After 30 minutes, Min Ho is back. He throws his backpack at the back seat of the car. He then stared back at Shin Hye who had been looking at him since he got inside the car. "Wae?" he asked.

"Now you smell like lavender. I didn't know Sajang-nim likes this type of shampoo." she jokes. But her eyes keep focus on his wet hair. "Do you have a towel?"

Min Ho checks his backpack. He takes out and passed it to her. "Wae?" he asked her. "Do you need this?" he wondered. 

Shin Hye then placed the towel on his head, and says to him, "I think your hair is still wet and you need to dry it before you catch a flu." Then, she looked away and starts the car engines, "So where are we going?" 

Min Ho is still stunned from what is happening. He didn't expect a secretary will be like this, or caring for him. He see the resembled of his Omma in Shin Hye. She is always caring towards Min Ho. He misses her. Just when he is back to his sense, he saw Shin Hye is looking at him. 

"Wae?" he asked her while feeling awkward. 

"Where are we going now? I need a direction, Boss." said Shin Hye. 

"Boss. Lee Sajang-nim. Can't you just call me Min Ho since we are not in the office? I thought you said we can be chingu after and before office hours. Why don't you just call me Min Ho. I don't mind if you add Oppa to it." he .

"Mueos?!" Shin Hye got a shocked after hearing what he said to her.

"Min Ho or Min Ho oppa. And we are going to the airport." replied Min Ho. He then takes out his sunglasses and wears it. 

"A-Alright. Min Ho. So we are going to the airport? We are flying? But how about work? I--" Shin Hye got cuts in by Min Ho, "I'm your boss. You report to me right? So what is the problem? Just drive." Before Shin Hye could answer him or ask anything, he continues, "Ahh. Please. My head is spinning. Don't talk. Drive." 

"Ara. Ara." Shin Hye said with pouty lips. She starts mumbling while reversing the car, "Just don't understand. One minute you treat me as chingu. Next minute you are bossing me around. Gosh."

Leaning towards her, he whispered softly to her ear, "I hear you." That just silenced Shin Hye. 

Throughout the journey, none of them talk. Shin Hye is driving and Min Ho is sleeping again. When they reached the airport, Min Ho asked her to park the car at the parking bay. They walk up to departure hall and head to one of the counter. 

"Give me your passport." said Min Ho. Shin Hye takes out her passport from her bag and hand it to Min Ho. When is their turn, the customer service lady ask if she could assist them. 

"Check in and to purchase a new ticket." said Min Ho. 

"Deh. Mr Lee. Please wait for a moment." the customer service lady replied. 

 

After few minutes, the customer service lady is back. 

"Dear Mr Lee, From the system, we noted there is two name purchased under Mr. Lee. But one of the passenger is not under Ms Park Shin Hye. Do you want to change the name or to purchase a new ticket? If to amend the name, please take note there will be additional charges for it." the customer service lady explained. 

"Amend the name. Here is my credit card." said Min Ho.

"Noted. Please wait a moment." the customer service lady said. 

Shin Hye couldn't focus as she has so many questions in her mind now. Who is this passenger that they are talking? Where are they going? Why she is here with him? Why is he bringing her? What is happening? As she is still daydreaming, Min Ho taps on her shoulder. "Why are you so quiet? What are you thinking now?" he asked. 

"Mueos?! Er. Nothing." She lied. 

Just then, the customer service lady is back. "Here you go. The boarding pass for Mr Lee Min Ho and Ms Park Shin Hye. Please go to gate C for departure. The departure time is at 12.20pm."

Quietly, Shin Hye followed Min Ho from behind. While they are both queuing for custom check, she decided to ask Min Ho. "Whre are we going? Do you mind if I ask?" 

"Shhh. Just follow." He said to her. "Wae? Do you need to report to your Namja chingu?" he asked and waiting for her reply. Shin Hye replied with her eyes wide opened, "What Namja chingu??" Then, she stuttered in her words, "Is a personal question. I choose not to answer." She looked away. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter