Myra Park

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Shin Hye, you are so beautiful. Why are you always alone? Where is your namja chingu?", the owner of the cafe was asking me the same question again whenever I'm here for a cup of latte.

Usually I would nod and smile at her. But this time, I reply her with a smile, "Aniyo, Ahjumma. I'm still single and I enjoy being single."

"Wae? Have you dated before?", Ahjumma took a seat opposite me and we started our very first conversation. This is the first time that I spent an hour talking to her. 

"Hm", I answered her with a nod. 

"Is a bad one? Is that's why you fear to go into a new one." She paused awhile before continues, "I hope I'm wrong", she said. 

"Ahjumma. You're right. I had a bad one. Kwenchana. I'll fine right. I'm happy now", I said. 

She placed her hand on mine, and said "The past is the past, don't let it get you. Whatever happened, just let it go, it's gone. I know is easy to say than to be done. But trust me, if you are ready to move on and start fresh, you need to let it go, let go the hate, let go the love, otherwise, you will always back to square one."

I looked at Ahjumma with teary eyes, "Neh. I'm trying. Is not easy to forget a person when you actually have tons of past memories laying around. I guess is impossible for me to move on, to date someone."

"I can see that you really love the person", she said. 

I looked at her, wondering how did she knows about my feelings. Before I say anything, she continued "You already have him in your heart. The reason why you can't move on and date someone is not because of the past memories. Is because of him. Because the past memories is about him. You can't have someone replaced him in your heart. Is true when people say don't keep looking back at the past if you want to start fresh, to move on, but this is what Ahjumma advise you. If you keep looking back at the past and can't move on, is because you truly love the person and you should learn to forgive and forget and start fresh with the person."

"Forgive and Forget? Start fresh with the person?", I asked. 

"Neh. Forgive him, forget about the bad memories and start fresh with him, with the good memories you both had before. Try.", that's was our last line of conversation.

"Neh. Forgive him, forget about the bad memories and start fresh with him, with the good memories you both had before. Try."

I thought of what Ahjumma said to me. But at the moment, I'm escaping. I just want to escape. Goodbye to the ordinary Park Shin Hye. With a new mask, I'm starting my new life. 

1.5 year ago - Year 2014 18 July 

Dr. Jang : Shin Hye. I heard the nurse said you are looking for me? How are you today? Are you feeling better? 

Shin Hye : I need your help. 

~~~

Dr Jang : Shin Hye. Are you sure?

Shin Hye : Neh. I can't stay here anymore. I can't. Jebal. 

Dr Jang : He will look for you for sure. 

Shin Hye : I know. That's why I plan to leave Seoul too. 

Dr Jang (eyes widened) : Are you serious? Where are you going? Y-You have nobody except him. 

Although Shin Hye and Dr Jang knew each other not long, but she trusted him. Whenever Shin Hye needs someone to talk, she will looks for Jang. She told Jang about her past. Her family. Dr Jang knows very well that she has no where to go, he agrees that she needs to be away to clear her mind, but never cross his mind that she will be leaving Seoul. 

~~~

Dr Jang : Where are you heading?

Shin Hye : Not sure. I will head to the airport and check whichever flight is available today and I will fly there.

Dr Jang : S-Shin Hye.

Shin Hye : I already decided. Please take care, chingu. I will text you once I landed. Promise me that you won't let him know that I'm leaving Seoul. 

Dr Jang : How about Soo Jung? What if she asked? 

Shin Hye : Don't worry. I will settle Soo Jung and Shi-Yoon. Annyeong, chingu. 

Dr Jang : W-Wait. (looking at Shin Hye) I know I shouldn't ask this b-but are you p-planning to come back?

Shin Hye : I will be back when I can get through my daily routine without feeling the wave of pain sweep over me.

Dr Jang : S-Shin Hye. 

Shin Hye : Don't worry. I will text you from time to time. I promise. 

Dr Jang : That is a must! But then will you let your chingu drops you off at the airport? At least I get to send you off. 

Shin Hye (smiling) : Neh. 

~~~

1.5 year later....Taiwan Taoyuan Internation Airport.

Since the day she left, she didn't tell them where she went, including Jang. But she still keep in touch with them. Once a while, she will send them pictures of food and places she visited. She didn't tell them she went to Taiwan till recent. Dr Jang and her fiance already flew to Taiwan. They visited her after they knew she was in Taiwan. Now, is Shi-Yoon and Soo Jung turn, they flew in for their first couple vacation after Shin Hye told them that she is in Taiwan. The love birds started dating 3 months later after she left Seoul. Shin Hye is happy to hear that, at least, people around her are happy. 

Shi-Yoon : I-Is that h-her? 

Soo Jung : A-Ah. Oe-di? 

Shi-Yoon : There. 

Soo Jung : A-Ani. I-I don't think s-so. W-wait. I-Is that h-her? 

Shin Hye : SOO JUNG AH!!! (running towards them) 

Soo Jung (surprised) : SHIN HYE AH!!! 

Both of them hugging each other. Is had been a long time since she saw them. She pulled back and looks at Shin Hye again. 

Soo Jung : A-Ah chincha!! Is just a year and you changed so much. 

Shin Hye (smiling) : Chincha? That is what Jang told me when he was here with Kim last month. 

Shi-Yoon : Neh. Noona. You're really different now. As in your dressing style a-and---you put on make up?

Shin Hye : Ah Chincha. Noona. Is weird when you're calling me that. 

Soo Jung : YAH!! She sure have to put make up. Now that she is also considered as a big shot. 

Shin Hye (shy) : Aish----Gaja. I bet you guys are hungry. Come. Let me bring you guys for lunch. 

~~~

Shin Hye brings them to one of the famous restaurant to have lunch. They are chit-chatting while waiting for the food. Then, something caught Soo Jung's attention when she saw a poster on the wall. 

Soo Jung : Omo. Omo. Is that you on the poster? 

Shin Hye : Neh. 

Shi-Yoon : Ah. Chincha you, Noona? You l-look amazing!! 

Shin Hye : Gamsahamida. 

Soo Jung : So you are a celebrity now? 

Shin Hye : Aniyo. AGATHA is a product by my company. They couldn't get any female model that time, I was the replacement. 

Shi-Yoon : YAH!! You basically appear in all the poster. Look. (Pointing one by one) The owner of this restaurant must be one of your die-hard fan. They hangs all the posters of you. 

Shin Hye : S-Stop tea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter