Finale : How I Met Your Mother

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Because of you not giving up on me

I am the happiest and luckiest woman on earth"

(continues from Chap 19)

"Will you marry me, Shin Hye...."

                "Min Ho. I told you we are not possible---"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"M-Min Ho. A-Ani. Just let me go....."

                "I'm not going to let you go again. Never. I said before. I meant it....."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Whatever you said before, I heard before. My stepfather said those words before. He promised to loves my mom. He said he is happy just be with her, and with me. But ended up he is not happy. He was sad. He was upset that my mom couldn't give birth anymore. His attitude changed. He started treated her badly. That day, when he nearly me, my mom saved me. Since that incident, my mom took me and ran away from him. Later, she got into depression. She committed suicide because she felt that is her fault that my stepfather became a jerk. Because she can't give birth. I don't want you to end up being like my stepfather. Regret later. I fear. I really do fear that you will regret. Min Ho. Just let me go. Is a fact. You need a perfect woman. I'm not that perfect woman...."

Min Ho : Shin Hye. I don't need a perfect woman. There is no perfect woman. I just want you. I need a wife that love and care about me, I don't need a wife just for the purpose of giving birth. Was I born to provide descendants in the family? What about love? What about care? What about a life in happiness? Am I not allowed to possess these things?

Shin Hye : B-But you are the sole descendant for the Lee Family a-and......

Min Ho cuts in : But there is only one Park Shin Hye in this whole world. I need you. I want you. Only you. 

Shin Hye : B-But I can't....

Min Ho : Do you seriously think that why I want to marry you? Did you? You only think things in your point of view, what about mine? You're not me. How do you know what I want, what I need and how I feel? 

Shin Hye : You like kids. 

Min Ho : You like kids too. So let's worried together. Why do you have to keep pushing me away? A year ago, you ran away from me. A year later, we met by fate, and you ended up pushing me away from you again. Wae? 

Shin Hye : Mianhe. I can't be selfish this time. I have to think about Halmeoni and Haraboeji. They.....

Grandma Lee : What about us? Shin Hye? 

Shin Hye (shocked) : H-Halmeoni? H-Haraboeji?

Grandma Lee holds her hand and smiles at her. 

Grandma Lee : Shin Hye. Is had been a long time. We miss you.

Shin Hye : H-How come Halmeoni and Haraboeji are here?

Grandpa Lee : Because we know that you will walk away from our Min Ho again.

Shin Hye : I-I---

Grandma Lee : We know that you walk away not because you don't love him, in fact, the opposite, you love our Min Ho so much that you are willing to let go this relationship. You are a sincere and kind-hearted granddaughter in law, you care for us so much till you're willing to sacrifice your own happiness. For us, what could we ask for more.

Grandpa Lee : Neh, Shin Hye. Halmeoni and myself already old. Whether we have great-grandkids or not, it doesn't really matters. Most important is our Min Ho has you with him, when we no longer around, we don't have much to worry because you are there. We trust you. We believe that you will take good care of our Min Ho. Don't worry too much about the us, the Lee, start thinking about you, yourself. 

Shin Hye's tears forming at the corner of her eyes, she was speechless. 

Shin Hye : H-Halm-meoni...

Grandma Lee : Min Ho. (signals him to come forward) 

She holds him hand and her hand, put his hand on hers. 

Grandma Lee : Shin Hye. I want you to grab hold onto our Min Ho's hand, never let go. (turn to Min Ho) Min Ho, Halmeoni and Haraboeji are happy you found us a gorgeous and kind-hearted granddaughter-in-law, so hold onto to her, hold it tight, never give up. Arraso? 

Min Ho : Hm. Halmeoni. (turn to Shin Hye) I will never let you go anymore. 

Shin Hye looks at them. She is tearing non-stop.

Min Ho : Will you please marry me? 

Shin Hye nodded. He hugs her.

~~~

(Few months later...Year 2016 Jan 18, 9.30am)

Is their 2nd month wedding anniversary. Yes. You didn't hear wrong. Is their 2nd month wedding anniversary because Shin Hye and Min Ho had been "married" again. Grandma Lee insisted that they have to have a simple wedding ceremony even they did it before. This time, they had their simply wedding at Jeju, a place where they fall for each other, truly. Just family and close friends attended and witnessed the beautiful moments.

 

Shin Hye : Yes. Why you are here today, Mr Lee? Don't you have work? 

Min Ho : I do. But whenever I'm here, I feel relaxed. And what's wrong with me coming here to see my beautiful wife. 

Shin Hye : Aish. This is why I shouldn't have agree with you to open my Art Gallery next to your work place. Ahghhh---

Min Ho : Wae? You know how many women out there so envy of you? 

Shin Hye : You are right. The women out there. Except I'm not the woman out there. (gives him a big smile) 

Min Ho : Ah. Chincha. Why can't you be back the old Shin Hye.

Shin Hye : Too bad. Goods sold are not allowed to returned or exchanged. 

Min Ho : Kure? So that's mean you belongs to me. If you categorised yourself as a "goods" means that you are my goods, which means you belongs to me. Neh. I'm right...

Shin Hye : YAH!! LEE MIN HO!! 

Min Ho : Is so fun to tease you again. 

~~~

(Year 2016 Jan 18, 1am)

Shin Hye : Oppa. 

Min Ho : Neh. 

Shin Hye turns and face him. They both lying on the bed. 

Min Ho : Y-You can't sleep?

Shin Hye : Hm. 

Min Ho : Wae? Y-You don't feel well? 

Shin Hye : A-Ani. 

Min Ho : T-Then what it is? 

Shin Hye : N-Nothing...

Min Ho : Don't lie. I know that there must be something bothering you. Tell me. 

Shin Hye : This evening while you were at the gym, Mr and Mrs Kim they all came. They invite us for their great-grandkid's full moon party.

Min Ho : A-And? 

Shin Hye : Well, they asked Halmeoni and Haraboeji when is their turn...

Min Ho : A-And? (looking deep into her eyes) 

Shin Hye : I-I----

Min Ho : Shhh. Don't say a word. (seeing her tearing) Wae? Don't cry please. You make my heart ache when I see you cry. 

Shin Hye : I really want to give you a little Min Ho. I want Halmeoni and Haraboeji be able to have great-grandkids. I really wish. I--I---

Min Ho suddenly pulls her close to him. He starts kissing her intensively. 

Shin Hye : a-Ah YAH!!! LEE MIN HO!! What are you doing? I'm talking something serious here. 

Min Ho : Wae? I'm doing something serious too. 

Shin Hye (face blushed) : B-By kissing me? W-What do you mean serious? W-Which part? D-Did you hear what I was telling y-you----

Min Ho cuts in : I did. You said you want to give me a little Min Ho. So let's have it. We just try harder. Arraso? 

Min Ho continues ignores her, start undressing her and begins his mission....

~~~

(Year 2016 Feb 2, 10am)

Both Min Ho and Shin Hye are having brunch at the cafe.

Min Ho : You barely touch your food. Wae?

Shin Hye is not paying attention at what he said. Her eyes were locked at the table behind them. It was a baby girl, probably 7-8months, she is waving at her, and keeps smiling. Shin Hye smiles at her. Min Ho turns around and saw the baby girl, without realizing, his lips curled into a smile too. He looks back at Shin Hye. 

Min Ho : It seems like someone besides me able to capture your heart too. 

Shin Hye : O-Oppa...

~~~

(Year 2016 Feb 17, 10pm)

Shin Hye is lying on the bed, flipping through magazine. Min Ho came out from the bathroom, he is in a robe.

Shin Hye : Wae? Change to your pyjamas. You will catch cold.

Min Ho : Ani.

Shin Hye : Wae?

Min Ho : Don't you think I'm y in this?

Min Ho gives her a smile. Since that day, Min Ho realized once a while Shin Hye will be moody, even if she didn't say anything to him, but he knows. He knows that she care. Baby plan is still in her mind. So tonight, he decided to give her a little surprise.

Shin Hye : O-Oppa...

Min Ho : Neh. 

Min Ho is now on the bed. He leans closer to her. She stops him. 

Min Ho : Wae? 

Shin Hye : H-Have you consider of getting another woman?

Min Ho (creased his eyebrows) : Another woman? For?

Shin Hye : I-I mean another w-woman. She could d-deliver---

Min Ho gets up. He is really mad. 

Min Ho : Stop asking me to get another woman. Ah Chincha. I need a drink. You sleep first. 

He stomped out of the room after he said that to her. He is mad. Really mad that she still asking him to get another woman. Sometimes, he really doesn't understand her. How can she be able to share him to other woman. His mind is running wild. After half an hour, he went back to the room. He saw her asleep. He leans forward, before kissing her, he saw a stream of tears flow down to her cheek. He gently wipe it off her and whispered. 

Min Ho : Mianhe, Shin Hye. I didn't mean to raise my voice but I can't take it when you keep asking me to get another woman. I just want you. I'm happy just be with you. 

Shin Hye opens her eyes. She didn't fall asleep. She was waiting for him. When she heard the door opened, she closed her eyes. 

Shin Hye : Pabo-ah. 

Min Ho : You're not asleep yet? 

Shin Hye : Mianhe, Oppa. 

Min Ho : Shhh.....

Shin Hye : Oppa. Are you sure you won't be lonely without kids? 

Min Ho : I have you. 

Shin Hye : What about when we are 40 years old? 

Min Ho : When we are 40, we will go to work together and leave work together. Once a while, we can go for a weekend trip getaway. When we are 50, we will be retired and go around the world, relax, enjoy ourselves. When we barely can walk, we can go to concert or art exhibition. When we reach 70, we will be together, probably same sick chamber, and that time we can remind each other taking medicine....

Shin Hye (crying) : Pabo-ah.....

Min Ho : I will be content as long as I can forever be with you.....

~~~

(Year 2016 Mar 16, 10am)

Is had been nearly 3 weeks plus, Shin Hye is busy with work. She is having her first gallery exhibition on the 1st March. She is busy for the preparation. She had been working daily including weekends for this exhibition. Most of the time, Min Ho will pack food for her during lunch time. 

From Shin Hye :

Oppa. Mianhe. I can't go lunch with you. I have a meeting for my gallery exhibition at 1.30pm later. Could you take away a chicken pie or some buns for me? 

From Min Ho : 

Neh. See you later. Love you.

~~~

From Min Ho : 

I will be there in 15 minutes. Miss you. 

~~~

When Min Ho reached Shin Hye's Art Gallery, he couldn't find her in her room. Is lunch time. He is wondering where could she be. He walk around the gallery and search for her. Till he saw a light is on at the storeroom. 

Min Ho : Ah. S-She must be inside. 

When he enters the storeroom, he got a shocked. He found her lying on the floor, unconscious. He quickly rushes her to the hospital. 

Min Ho : Jang. W-What happened? I'm not sure. When I found her, she was on the floor, J-Jang.....

Jang : Calm down, Min Ho. Wait here. (stop him from entering the emergency ward) Let me do a check on her. I will update you later. Wait here. 

Min Ho : Neh. Gomawo. 

~~~

Grandma Lee and Grandpa Lee rushes to the hospital after received the call from Min Ho. They are with Min Ho now. About an hour later, Jang meets them. 

Min Ho (panicked) : Jang. How's Shin Hye? I-Is she a-alright? H-How can she---

Min Ho stops talking when he realized that Jang is giving the cold stare. 

Min Ho : Ah. Wae? What happened? 

Jang : Y-You. (finger point at him) 

Min Ho : W-W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter