Back to the Past

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You are like a stranger to me before. But I didn't know you secretly and slowly crawl into my heart."

Kal So Won : Hannah Lee So Won (23 years old), daughter of Min Ho and Shin Hye

Mason Moon : Mason Lee Won Bin (19 years old), son of Min Ho and Shin Hye

 

Min Ho, the one and only heir for the "Lee" family. Years ago, when Min Ho is 27. He is a different man. Totally different person from then and now. Before, Min Ho is a rich spoilt brat, he does what he likes and doesn't care about people feelings. To him, he is always on the right. His parents died in a car accident when he was 5. Since then, he was spoilt by Grandpa and Grandma Lee. He was treated like a prince by his grandparents. As he grows older, his temper and attitude got worst. Min Ho becomes the CEO of the "Lee" Group when Grandpa Lee is sick. He is managing the business. Now, Min Ho is a responsible, caring and lovely man. He is caring to his wife - Shin Hye and his children - Hannah and Mason. Because of Shin Hye, he becomes a better man.

(Year 2040, June)

Min Ho and Shin Hye had been married for nearly 20 years. They are in their early 50s. They are packing because they are migrating to United States to stay with Mason and Hannah - their children. 

Min Ho retired when he is 45. He has been working hard for the past 15 years, thank god he got himself a few capable right and left hand man to runs the business. Before they are getting older, he wants to spends more time with Shin Hye. He wants to brings her around the world. They like travel. They had been travelling to many places.

Hannah - their daughter is currently the CEO for the "Lee" Group. This is her 2nd year in the business. She started working in "Lee" after she graduated, now she is managing their sub-branch in United States. Every month, she will flys back to Seoul to visit Min Ho and Shin Hye, also to checks on the business in Seoul. Mason - their son, is currently in his 2nd year university, soon he will be joining Hannah in the "Lee" Group. Every summer, he will flys back to Seoul home. As their age is catching up, Hannah and Mason suggest that Min Ho and Shin Hye should move to the States to stay with them, so they can look after them. The plan has been postponed till recent, Hannah decided no more delaying. She has the beautiful face like Shin Hye, but her character much more like Min Ho, especially when she had set her mind on doing something. She is stubborn like Min Ho, perhaps even more stubborn than him. Hannah makes the decision for them, she bought a place in the States, big enough for 4 of them to stay, even if there is additional member in the future, still have huge space. She books their ticket, hire people to pack for them, and personally fly back to Seoul to make sure they will be on the flight to the States. 

 

"Oppa. Look at these." said Shin Hye while looking at the pictures she found during packing. It was a picture of So Won and Won Bin, both were just 7 and 2 years old.

Min Ho smiles back at her, "They both got your beautiful eyes, So Won is just like you. Beautiful like omma."

Shin Hye chuckles, "Well, Won Bin got your looks. I bet all the college girls can't keep their eyes off him. He got a charming look."

Min Ho cupped her face, "Thanks for giving me So Won and Won Bin. They are the best gifts I ever had in my life. And not to forget that you are also precious too. Saranghae."

Hannah with her hand folded, smiling at her parents, "Omma. Appa. No wonder I don't see both of you outside. You are here." She walks towards them, "Appa, you are such a sweet talker. No wonder Omma fall for your love trap and still in love with you. Stop acting like you are still young and try to sweet talk Omma." She then placed her hand on Shin Hye's shoulder, "Omma, don't fall for Appa's sweet talk. He is good at it."

"Aish." Min Ho scoffed.

"I don't think Omma can escape from your Appa anymore." said Shin Hye with a smile while looking deeply into Min Ho's eyes.

"Aigoo. Omma. I feel so cold now. I can feel the love is still in the air." She teased them. "Ah. Nearly forgot why I'm here. Omma, leave the packing to the workers. You just have to pack the necessary. We got a flight to catch." She stared at Shin Hye, "Hajima. Don't ever think of delaying the flight or finding any more excuse. No more excuses. No more delaying. I'm not buying it." 

"Look at our naggy daughter. She is just like you." Min Ho laughed at Hannah. 

Hannah with her pouty lips, "Appa, I'm not that bad, trust me!" Just then, her mobile rang.

"Neh. Neh. Arraso.........Deh....Deh....Bye." she answered the call. When she ended the call, she lets out a sigh, "See. Your beloved son is the worst!"

"Won Bin?" Min Ho asked in confusion. 

"Yes. He had been calling me since this morning. He thinks I'm a nemo or having a short term memory, he wants to make sure that I got sour plums for Omma just in case she feels air sick on the plane." Hannah complaint. "This is the 5th time he called today." 

"Oppa. Won Bin got your genes. He is just like you." said Shin Hye with a smile. She then turned and looked at Min Ho, "I still remembered that time my first flight to Taiwan for my art exhibition, you called like 6..7 or 10 times, ask me don't forget to buy sour plums." Hannah can't help but laugh at Min Ho. 

"Yah! You know you and your flight problem. Everytime taking the plane, you must have some sour plums so that you don't feel air sick. And don't forget that time I was in Japan to attend conference meeting, otherwise, I won't had let you flew alone." Min Ho defended. 

Hannah comforts him back by smoothing his back, "Appa. Don't worry. Now you are like a superglue to Omma. You basically go where omma goes." Then, she saw the picture which Shin Hye is holding. A picture of her when she was 6 years old, immitating Shin Hye. "Wow. This is legend." Then, she stands next to Shin Hye, "Appa. Do I still look like Omma now?" 

"Of course. Both of you are the most beautiful women I know. My two very important women in my life." said Min Ho proudly. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter