The Lies Burst

How I Met Your Mother
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Don't lie to me unless you're absolutely sure that I will never know the TRUTH..."

"If he leaves you, you still have me...."

"Don't worry..he'll be back..."

"Just give him more time..he will be back..."

All these comfort words had been repeated to Shin Hye everytime she sees these people - Halmeoni, Haraboeji, Shi-Yoon , Soo Jung---She is tired of hearing these. Everytime in front of them, she needs to act strong, act tough. But deep inside, she is suffocating. She is dying. She feels miserable. She misses him. Since the call from Min Ho. She haven't got any call or text from him. Few times she wanted to call him but at the end, she didn't because she wants to gives him space and time. There is nothing she can do except waiting for him to return. Waiting patiently. That is what she has been doing everyday. Hope and pray for him to return home. 

Today is the day, the ultrasound scanning day. He supposed to be with her as promised. At the end, she was there alone. She tears when Dr Jang told her that they are having a baby girl. She was touched and at the same time she was sad. Dr Jang didn't realized her sadness and thought is just her - pregnant woman being emotional. When she reached back home, she looks at the 3D scan that Dr Jang gave her, she starts tearing. She opens one of the drawer, she then takes out a book. A hand made baby journal book that she made for the baby. Day by day, she will updates the journal book, details of the baby....

3 July 2014..

"Is a girl" 

She then placed the 3D scanning on one of the page. She is tearing when she updates the journal today. Almost everyday, she tears when she updates the journal. Her tears become part of the decoration of the journal. When her tears dries up, it sort of form a circle spot on the pages she tear on it. Her heart aches. She lied on the bed. Staring at the ceiling. She recalled the memories of him, memories of them. She felt the emptiness of the room. She misses his lame jokes, his nonsense talk, everything of him that makes her smile and laugh, she misses the laughter before that filled the room. She couldn't sleep well every night because of the huge bed that she was sleeping on, she misses how she was complaining about the bed size when Min Ho was with her. She feels extra cold especially midnights, she misses the warmth that he gave her, his hugs. She hugs the pillows tightly each night before she sleeps because the pillow has his scent. She misses him. She misses his goodnight kiss....

Year 2014, 4 July 2014 10.30am

"Knock, Knock"

Shin Hye : Yes. Who is that? 

Shi-Yoon : Is me. 

Shin Hye opens the room door. Shi-Yoon standing at the door with a smile. 

Shi-Yoon : Annyeong, Sister. 

Shin Hye gives him a weak smile. 

Since that night, almost alternate day Shi-Yoon will drops by and visits Shin Hye. He will talks to her, listens to her, make sure to keep her accompany during this torturing waiting period. Shi-Yoon looks at her suspiciously. Shin Hye avoids eye contacts with him.

Shi-Yoon (serious tone) : Did you cry again? Look at your eye bag. You didn't sleep last night? 

Shin Hye : A-Ani. I did. Just that y-you know. Baby k-kicks. 

Shi-Yoon : Stop blaming on your baby. (paused a while) No news of him? 

Shin Hye nodded. Her hand on her nape. 

Shi-Yoon : Nevermind. Anyway Shin Hye. There is something I need to ask you. You need to be honest with me. 

Shin Hye (surprised) : W-What is it? 

Shi-Yoon : Tell me honestly. Min Young doesn't have ovarian cancer. Am I right? 

Shin Hye : I-I----

Shi-Yoon (with a detective look) : I know I'm right. You know that she lied. Don't you? Why did you just keep quiet? 

Shin Hye : H-How did you find out? 

Shi-Yoon : My PR is good and I have many friends. What makes you think I won't find out about this. Did Hyung knows about this? (looks at Shin Hye) Ah. I knew it! He doesn't know. And why don't you just tell Hyung. 

Shin Hye : If she wants to lie, what can I do about it? She got it covered so well. 

Shi-Yoon : Yeah Yeah. You mentioned that she even fainted. Wow. Really daebak! I didn't know beside dancing, she is good at acting too! 

Shin Hye : YAH!! Didn't you promise not to tell. And please keep your voice down, I don't want Halmeoni and Haraboeji know about this. 

Shi-Yoon : Stop protecting that stupid Hyung. 

Shin Hye : Shi-Yoon ah...

Shi-Yoon : Don't worry, sister. I'm here. I will protect you no matters what. 

Shin Hye : Gomawo. 

Just then, Shin Hye noticed Shi-Yoon's hand is holding a paper bag. Shin Hye pointed that and asked what is that. Shi-Yoon smiles at her and passes the paper bag to her, he asked her to open it. She did and it was a teddy and some baby toys. 

Shin Hye : Mueos?! What is ----

Shi-Yoon cuts in : For your baby. 

Shin Hye (with teary eyes) : S-Shi Yoon... 

Shi-Yoon : Ah. Ah. Do not cry again please. 

Shin Hye : I-I'm fine. Don't worry. I'm just touched. Gomawo Shi-Yoon. 

Shi-Yoon : Just remember no matter what, you still got me here. Arraso! 

Shin Hye : Hm. Don't worry. I'll be fine. I'm happy that you are my listener for these while. And gomawo again for the toys you bought for my baby. 

Shi-Yoon (smiling) : Well. What to do after all I'm under your charmed spell. Since I can't be your lover, I guess being your listener is my only choice. 

Shin Hye (chuckles) : What charm? I'm not some witch. 

Shi-Yoon : Good to see you smiling. You look much better this way. 

Year 2014, 6 July 2014 11am

Shi-Yoon : So pretty hot Omma to be. What do you feel like eating? 

Shin Hye : I'm not sure. Let me check with Soo Jung. 

Shi-Yoon : Just text her to meet us at the cafe. Check my mobile. I just did a search and this place seems serving good chicken pie. 

Shin Hye : Oh. Chincha? Alright. I will text her. 

~~~

The other hand, Min Ho is working even is a Sunday. He has been throwing himself into work since that day. He wanted to keep his mind occupied. This is the first time that he is facing such complicated situation which he himself doesn't have any solution. From young till now, everything is managed and settled by his grandparents. But now, is different, his grandparents can't settle for him. He must do it. He doesn't have the heart to do so even he knew where his heart belongs to. Two women. One is past love, one is current love. One used to be the most important and the one he loved, the other one is important to him now and the one he loves. Is clear. He already made the decision. Park Shin Hye. But when the day Min Young told him about her illness, it brings him back to the decision making spot, starting from point 1. He doesn't want to hurt anyone but either way it will hurt one party. What can he do?

Choice A : Be with Min Young because she is sick, but how about Shin Hye and the baby? 

Choice B : Be with Shin Hye and the baby because he loves them, but what about Min Young? She only has 5 months. And how can he be so heartless...

Choice C : Neither party. 

Choice D : Hiding.

Choices. Decision. Thinking about it already caused him to have a bad headache.

Since that day, he did not go home. He doesn't know how to face Shin Hye. Did he choose to go to Min Young? No. He ended rented a hotel room. Min Young tried several times to call him, he didn't pick up. As for Shin Hye, he was waiting for her to call, but she didn't. He was afraid that Shin Hye is mad at him since she hang up on him. Already a week plus, he still undecided. He know he is being selfish, but being selfish is better than being heartless. This is what he thinks. 

Today. As usual, he is hiding in the office. Working. Was he really working? No. His mind is all about Shin Hye. He misses her. But he has no courage to picks up the phone and calls her. As he was thinking, he saw the calendar on his desk. There is a circle on this particular date. 2 July 2014. There is a note besides. Baby scanning. He lets out a deep sigh. 

Min Ho : I totally forgot about this. I miss it. She must be mad at me.

Just then, he heard knock on his door. Someone came. Someone that he is trying to avoid to meet. 

Min Young : Oppa. You are here!

Min Ho : Hm.

Min Young : Where have you been these few days? Since that day I never see you. You---

Min Ho cuts her off : I'm busy with work. Anything? 

Min Young : Oppa. I miss you.

Min Ho's hand on his nape, doesn't know what to reply. "Min Young, I miss you too" these words just not coming out from his mouth, is not like last time, where these words are his daily words to her, but now, he finds it hard to say it out loud. There is a silence for a moment before she continues. 

Min Young : Oppa. I really miss you. 

Min Ho : Er. Hm. 

Min Young : Don't you miss me? 

Min Ho : Min Young Ah. Mianhe. I got a proposal to rush and---

Min Young : Oppa. (with teary eyes) I-I know I'm asking much but I don't have much time left. I---

Min Ho : Min Young Ah.

Min Young : Can you just be kind enough to go through with me for these few months? Will you?

Min Ho : M-Min Young. Don't say that. You will be alright.

Min Young : I will be alright if you are there with me. This is what I asked for.

Min Ho : I will be there. You will be fine.

Min Young : Promised?

Min Ho didn't answer her question. He just avoided that question and change topic.

Min Ho : How are you feeling today?

Min Young : Tired. But seeing you I feel much better. I think you are a better medicine for me. Oppa. I haven't eat. Can you--

Min Ho : B-But I got to---

Min Young closed the file in front of him.

Min Young : You don't want me to faint again right? I need to eat. Oppa.

Min Ho : I-I----Ara. What do you want to eat? I got 1 hour. We can just go nearby cafe to grab some food.

Min Young is smiling now. She walks to Min Ho and links her arm to his. 

~~~

Shin Hye : Shi-Yoon. Soo Jung said she will be late bout 30 minutes. She missed the station stop. Let's find a place to sit. We can order and wait for her. 

Shi-Yoon : Deh. Let's sit there. Cooling. 

Shi-Yoon sees there is a pile of water on the floor. He afraid that Shin Hye might slip and fall. Hence, he offered his hand to her and ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter