Chapter 46

My Gangster Boy, Sehun!

(Sehun's POV)

I had been staring at her for a few hours now. I will never forgive myself for letting her get hurt..

The others had left when visiting hours was over. Youngjae went out to the restroom to wash up. He couldn't manage going to Jinyoung's house after what had happened.

We both had managed to persuade the nurse to let us stay overnight.

I slowly reached my hand over and placed it gently on top of hers. My thumb grazed over hers as I stared at her calm, sleeping figure.

 

Just then, I saw her eyelids moving and then those beautiful eyes gently pried open.

My eyes widen as I quickly stood up and gripped on her hand tighter. She's finally awake.

"Sumin..Sumin, are you okay?" I found myself asking and wanted to smack myself in the head. Of course she's not okay.

Her wondering eyes now laid on me, and I saw a glint of fear flash in her eyes before she screamed. It all happened so fast that before I knew it, I found myself shoved to the floor.

Screams filled my ears as a terrified Sumin started to shout at me to go away. She started to kick her blankets off and tried to rip the IV out of her wrist. My eyes widened as I quickly stood up and grabbed her hands, only to have her try to grab and scratch at me.

I quickly pressed the emergency button and in a few seconds, two nurses came bursting in as they tried to restrain Sumin into her bed.

"NO! LET ME GO!"

"Miss, we're going to need you to stay still."

"DON'T TOUCH ME!"

My heart tightened as I saw absolute terror in her eyes as she tried to break free from the nurses's grip. The woman who was once a happy soul is now broken and in terror.

I'm so sorry, Sumin.

This was all my fault. I could've prevented it if I had came a few seconds earlier..

I'm so sorry..

After not being able to calm her down, they had no choice but to put her down by putting her to sleep. After a few seconds, Sumin's body went limp and fell down onto the bed. After placing her comfortably in bed, they turned to me.

"You're going to have to be careful with her for awhile. She's still in a state of trauma, so we recommend you to not try and touch, or be to close as of now. Or else, she'll be like how she was earlier." The nurse told me and I nodded.

After I left, I sat down by the seat next to her bed and buried my face into my hands, thinking of all the things I could've done.

I should've pulled her away from him in the very beginning. I should've ignored Baekhyun and ran to her. I shouldn't had not let her get in that car.

If only...if only I was a few seconds earlier, I would've saved her from all this trauma.

Just then, I felt someone's arm lay upon my shoulder. Looking up, I saw Youngjae staring down at me.

He grabbed an empty chair and pulled it beside be before sitting down. He looked me straight in the eyes and said..."This isn't your fault."

It is my fault.

"I know you're feeling guilty about not being able to get to her soon, but I just want to let you know that you did the best you could. And I cannot thank you more, Sehun. If it wasn't for you, who knew what more that bastard could've done with my sister."

I stared at Youngjae, and before I knew it. I cried.

The Oh Sehun who never cried, is crying.

"You don't understand, Youngjae." I half-yelled. I felt so much rage, anger, guilt, and sadness in my heart. I was angry at myself. My stupid, idiotic self.

I didn't even bother to look at him as I continued.

"I love her, Youngjae. I love your sister." I whispered.

"I had love her from the very beginning I met her. She was always such a happy soul around me, always wanting to be there for me. I soon found myself wanting to protect her, be there for her, be with her. I wanted her in my life. Whenever she got hurt, I would blame myself for not being there for her. She changed me..The only person who had taught me how to love again."

Everything was coming out so quickly, that I found myself not being able to stop. Everything that I had been holding inside my chest, just came all out.

Youngjae didn't say anything and only listened to what I had to say.

"But I was too stupid to realize that the feelings I had for her all along was love. I was too stupid and let myself get into that dumb arranged marriage, breaking her heart. When I saw those tears drop from those beautiful eyes, I felt my world came crashing down. I had hurt the most special woman to me."

I wiped my tears away.

"It was funny.." and I softly chuckled before looking at Sumin, and then back down at my hands. "I thought she would think I was ugly after she could see again..but no, she never really had cared for my looks at all."

"But, I acted like I didn't care at all. Like I wasn't affected by her..The way she would laugh around that bastard, Nakta. I wanted to be the one who could make her laugh...well, again. I'm such an that I don't even deserve her at all. But I can't stop myself. I messed up, Youngjae. I messed up real bad." I buried my face into my hands.

All I want is for things to go back to the way it was..in high school. So that I could change everything and make her mines. But, I know that won't happen.

I noticed Youngjae was quiet. Great, I had pissed off the woman I love the most's brother too. No way in hell will he want me dating his sister after the many times I've screwed up.

"It's not too late to change." I heard him say, and I slowly looked at him.

"You were an absolute , but I can tell that from the bottom of your heart, you really love my sister. And, my sister deserves the best. Those things that happened, were all in the past so just accept it and move on. Start new with her and be the best you can to her, Sehun." He have me a pat on my shoulders before walking out of the room.

I sat there, thinking of what he had just said to me. He's right..

I turned over to Sumin's sleeping figure and gently grabbed her tiny hands with both of mines and brought it up to my lips, before gently pressing my lips against it.

"I vow to love you, protect you, and stick with you through thick and thin from now on, Choi Sumin."

 

 


Author's Note:

Well, a lot happened in Changwon hasn't it? Anyways, I apologize if this chapter was a bit too cheesy. I just wanted to give you guys an idea on what Sehun had been thinking from the very beginning and his ACTUAL feelings for her. I hope you guys enjoyed this quite-short chapter and stay tuned for the next chapter!^^ Love yall my loveliess<3