Chapter 2: Promises Are Meant To Be Broekn

Secret (Discontinued)

The next morning Taeyeon was woken up by her alarm. She lazily got up from her bed, and went straight into her bathroom. She looked at herself in the mirror and noticed her eyes were puffy because she had been crying. She looked exhausted; it was weird because most of the time she didn’t even have control of her own body and yet it was taking a toll on her. Then again it was part of her.

“Another miserable day.” She said to herself. She was waiting for the other part of her to say something, but it didn’t. ‘Maybe today might be different,’ she thought. She walked down stairs and her parents were already eating breakfast.

“Are you hungry?” Mrs. Kim asked Taeyeon.

“I’m starving.” She said sitting at the table. Her mom served her some pancakes, fruit, and a glass of orange juice. While she was eating she noticed her parents kept looking at her. “Do I have something on my face?”

“No.” Mr. Kim said.

“Then why do you keep staring at me?”

“Because you’re actually speaking to us without screaming at us……is everything okay?” Mr. Kim asked.

“Yeah, everything’s fine. I feel……okay today.”

“That’s great to hear Taeyeon.” Her mom said. When Taeyeon was finished eating she was getting her things for school. Her father offered to drive her to school, but Taeyeon wanted to walk. She began to hum. She was wondering why the other part of her hasn’t showed up. She was happy, but this never happened. She was arriving to school, but she saw Yuri at the front door of the school entrance and Taeyeon freaked. Taeyeon immediately hid behind a tree so she wouldn’t be seen by her.

“What if she asks me about what happened yesterday? What am I going to say, ‘oh that wasn’t me…..it was me but it wasn’t.’ I would look crazy if I said that.” Taeyeon wanted the bell to ring so everyone would go to class. Then she saw Tiffany and ran to her.

“Wow Taeyeon, what’s wrong with you?” Tiffany asked.

“You know the thing I told you about yesterday? About what I did to the tutor.”

“Yeah, so?”

“Well she’s standing right over there and I don’t want her to see me.”

“I’m sorry Taeyeon, but that’s your problem not mine.”

“At least help me out.”

“Now you want my help? I swear sometimes it’s like you’re not even you……figure it out yourself Taeyeon.”

“I know, and I know an apology won’t make it any better, but today will be different. I promise….please.” Taeyeon said. Then she grabbed Tiffany’s hand. Tiffany felt her heart race.

“*Sigh* I can never say no to you. Fine let’s go.” Tiffany said. Since Tiffany was taller than Taeyeon, Taeyeon hid behind her. They were getting closer to her and they were about to pass her. Yuri was talking to her friends. Tiffany wasn’t sure who the person was that they were passing, but she went along with it. Tiffany and Taeyeon were able to pass by her without her noticing….or at least that’s what they thought. They made it inside the building.

“Hey.” Someone said from behind them. This startled Taeyeon. “Sorry I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“Oh Sunny it’s just you.” Taeyeon said turning around.

“Who did you think I was?”

“No one, you just scared me.”

“Oh okay, well Tiffany I was wondering if you wanted to go bowling later today.”

“Sure.”

“I’d ask you to come Taeyeon, but you always say no so…….”

“Sure I’ll come. I mean if you want me to go.”

“Wow really? That’s the first.” Sunny said surprised.

“Let’s just say I feel different.” Taeyeon said with a smile.

“Great, I’ll see you two later then.” And with that Sunny left to class.

“We better get to class before we end up being late.” Tiffany said.

“I’ll catch up with you later; I need to get things from my locker.” Taeyeon told Tiffany.

“Okay, see you in class then.” Tiffany said starting to walk to class. Taeyeon began walking towards her locker. She grabbed her note book from inside and headed to class. She entered her class room, but didn’t see Tiffany inside.

“That’s weird. She should be here already.” Taeyeon said to herself. She decided to just sit in her seat and wait for her. Then someone tapped her shoulder and she turned around.

“Hey.” It was no other that Yuri.

“W-what are you doing here?”

“I have class in here too.”

“But you’re a junior.”

“There were some budget cuts, so now we have to share a few classes.”

“Oh I didn’t know that.”

“Yeah….about yesterday, I forgive you, and you don‘t have to hide from me either.”

“It wasn’t my intention to push you.”

“Don’t worry about it. I made you angry when I shouldn’t have.” Yuri said with a tender smile. Taeyeon didn’t understand why she was being so nice to her. She thought for sure Yuri was going to beat her up. “Well, see you around.” And Yuri went to her seat.

“Taeyeon did you hear?” Tiffany said coming in and sitting in her seat.

“Huh? Oh hey Tiffany I didn’t see you come in. Hear what?”

“We have to share class rooms because of budget cuts.”

“Where did you hear that?”

“In the hall, and I went to the bathroom, that’s why it took me some time to get here.”

“Yeah I heard.”

“Really? Who told you?” Tiffany asked curious.

“You know the girl that I pushed? Well she’s in this class and she came up to me.”

“Omo did she hit you?”

“No, she came to apologize and told me why she was in this class.”

“Wow really? She looks like someone who can beat you up, and all she did was apologize?”

“I know right.”

“Who is she? What does she look like?” Tiffany asked looking around.

“She’s the one in the middle of the group of people back there next to the window.” Taeyeon said pointing. Tiffany turned to where Taeyeon was pointing and saw who it was. She had to admit the girl was pretty. She even got a little jealous. Her long black hair, dark skin, nice smile, tall, good body, everything about her was perfect.

“That’s her?”

“Yup, why do you sound surprised?”

“Well I thought she was going to be nerdy because she was a tutor but she’s the complete opposite……what’s her name?”

“Yuri.” Taeyeon said. The teacher walked in and the lesson started. Taeyeon was paying attention but Tiffany wasn’t. She kept thinking about the Yuri chic. It didn’t make sense how Taeyeon would be able to push someone like her down. Taeyeon was short and not very strong. Tiffany was also thinking about how pretty the girl was. As the periods passed by Yuri was in all the same classes Taeyeon was in except science and math. There was a math test today.

“I’m freaking out for the test.”

“Did you study?”

“Of course I did, but I’m not sure I’m going to pass.”

“If you studied then you’ll be fine. Don’t freak out because it will only make it worse. Just relax.” Taeyeon told her. After math it was sixth period and they had to go to the library because the PE teacher was sick. All the students headed to the library.

“How do you think you did on the test?” Tiffany asked.

“Good and you.”

“I tried to relax but it didn’t help that much. Other than that I think I did okay.”

“You did fine Fany-ah.”

“Taeyeon, do you want to do homework while we’re in here.” Tiffany asked.

“I already finished mine.”

“What? When?”

“During class.”

“No fair…..will you help me on mine then?”

“Sure.” Taeyeon said. She began helping Tiffany and she was also able to finish her homework. There was still 20 minutes remaining till class was over. Taeyeon thought this day was going too smoothly. Was this all just a game? Was her other part just waiting until the right moment to mess everything up? She was happy she was herself, but the thought of it taking control of her at the wrong moment was keeping her on edge. The bell rung while Taeyeon was thinking about all this and the bell had frightened her.

“Are you okay Tae?” Tiffany asked.

“Y-yes I’m fine, just thinking that’s all.”

“Do you have to stay today?”

“I don’t want to. I’ll go speak with the teacher. Why don’t you wait for me outside, okay?”

“Okay then.” Tiffany began walking out and Taeyeon started to walk to her math class. She walked in and found Boa sitting in her seat correcting the tests.

“Miss. Boa?”

“Yes?”

“I was wondering if I had to stay for tutoring today.”

“You did very well on your test, so no you don’t have to.”

“Really? Thank you.” Taeyeon was about to leave but stopped when Boa called her name.

“Taeyeon.”

“Yes Miss. Boa.”

“Just because you did well on this test doesn’t mean you can start slacking again, okay?”

“Got it.” And with this Taeyeon left. She was walking through the hall ways when someone grabbed her arm. This made Taeyeon turn.

“Hey Taeyeon it’s me.”

“Yuri? Hey.” Was all Taeyeon could say.

“I won’t be able to tutor you today.”

“Uh don’t worry about it. I won’t be staying anyways.”

“Oh okay then great. Bye then.”

“Bye.” Taeyeon said. “She’s…..different.” Taeyeon said to herself. Yuri seemed like a nice person, but something about her was different from anyone else she had ever met. Taeyeon walked out to the front of the school to find Tiffany.

“What did the teacher tell you?”

“I don’t have to stay.”

“Great. Now all we have to do is ask your parents for permission to let you go bowling.” Tiffany said. They began to walk home.

“Tiffany?”

“Mmhmm?”

“Are you still mad at me?”

“I was, but you seem to be you again. You’ve actually been smiling today, and I’ve missed that.”

“Yeah, me too…..I just hope it lasts.” Taeyeon said the last part in a whisper.

“See you later then Tae, bye.” Tiffany said and they both walked their separate ways. Taeyeon didn’t want to go home yet so she walked for a little while. She stopped in front of a park.

“Whenever I’m alone I always manage to find myself coming back here. This is where it all started….”

(Flashback)

Taeyeon was only 10 years old when it happened. She was in the park with Tiffany. They used to go there every day after school. It was their favorite place. They were on the swings and these kids came along wining about how it was their turn to use the swings. So to be nice Taeyeon and Tiffany got off and they began to kick a ball back and forth. Tiffany kicked it too hard and it rolled all the way to the street.

“I’ll get it Fany-ah, wait here.” And Taeyeon ran off after the ball. Taeyeon got a hold of the ball and suddenly she heard a scream. It sounded like Tiffany, so she ran as fast as she could to where Tiffany was and saw these kids hitting her. “STOP HITTING HER!!!” Taeyeon yelled. She ran towards them as fast as she could and tried to get them off Tiffany, but she couldn’t. She was scared and didn’t know what to do.

“TAE HELP ME!!” Tiffany yelled. Then Taeyeon couldn’t hear anything. She saw Tiffany’s mouth moving but didn’t hear anything. She couldn’t hear the cars passing by, the stream of water, nothing. Then someone spoke to her.

“Why are you just standing there Taeyeon, do something.”

“I-I can’t. I d-don’t know w-what to do.”

“Are you saying you need help?”

“Y-yes please help her.”

“Do you feel angry?”

“No, I’m scared.”

“For me to help her, you need to feel angry.” This voice told Taeyeon. Suddenly Taeyeon could feel the anger building up inside. She felt anger towards those kids; she felt anger towards herself because she couldn’t do anything. She walked towards the kids again and pulled them off Tiffany. Taeyeon began beating them until they ran off crying. She felt power. If the kids wouldn’t have run off she was sure she would have killed them.

“Tiffany, are you okay?” But Tiffany wouldn’t move. Some people that walked by, saw her lying on the floor, and called the ambulance. Taeyeon didn’t understand why they were beating her. Tiffany’s parents and Taeyeon’s asked what had happened, but Taeyeon acted like no one was talking to her. She was physically there, but her mind was elsewhere. Then the nurse let Taeyeon into the hospital room where Tiffany was.

“T-taeyeon?” Tiffany said barely waking up.

“Hey, how are you feeling?”

“Better now that you’re here.” After Tiffany said this Taeyeon began to cry.

“I’m sorry, I just stood there. I didn’t know what to do. I’m sorry.”

“I-I don’t remember much b-but I remember you walking towards m-me before everything went black.”

“……..”

“You helped me Taeyeon…….you did. How d-did you get them off of me?”

“I’m not really sure. It was almost like I was watching someone else do it, but it was me…….but why did they start hitting you?”

“I was waiting for you to come back when one of the kids on the swings fell and I laughed. I didn’t mean to laugh at him, but it was funny and he got mad. Then they just began hitting me…..….what’s that?” Tiffany asked.

“What’s what?”

“That on the left side of your neck.” Tiffany told Taeyeon. Taeyeon felt the side of her neck but she didn’t feel anything.

“I don’t feel anything.”

“Go look in the mirror.” Taeyeon walked into the bathroom that was in the room and looked at her neck in the mirror.

“What the heck is that?…...It almost looks like a tattoo or some kind of mark.” She told herself.

“You’ll have that from now on.” There it was, that same voice from the park.

“Who are you?”

“I’m you.”

“Me?”

“Yes you. Let’s just say I’m the better side of you.”

“Did you give me this mark or whatever it is?”

“Yes I did. It signifies our connection.”

“So does this mean I’ll have this dark butterfly mark thing forever?”

“As long as I’m with you, yes.”

“Taeyeon?” Tiffany called.

“I have to go.”

“Just remember Taeyeon, you can’t tell anyone.”

“Not even Tiffany.”

“No, no one. Never. If you do they’ll just think you’re crazy, okay?”

“Okay.” And Taeyeon walked out of the bathroom.

“Who were you talking to Taeyeon?”

“N-no one, I was just talking to myself.”

“Oh, well did you see what you had on your neck?”

“Yeah, it looks like a butterfly.”

“When did you get it?”

“It’s probably just dirt. I‘ll wash it off when I get home.”

Ever since that day Taeyeon has had that mark on her neck. She always has her hair down so no one sees it. Tiffany doesn’t even know she still has it. That part of Taeyeon has been haunting her. It started to become more aggressive as Taeyeon got older because she would refuse to do things it wanted her to do or when Taeyeon tried to fight against it; and all because she became angry. When she was beating those kids she had never felt so much anger towards anyone in her life. Now she has to live with the consequences.

(End of Flashback)

“I did it so I could help you Tiffany, and all it did was hurt you……if you only knew why I act that way. It’s not me. I can’t keep living like this. I just don’t know how to stop it, the same way I didn’t know how to protect you from those kids…..I would have never asked for help if I knew I would end up being like this. I could have ran to a person for help, but I didn’t. I’m sorry.” Tears began to fall from her eyes. She didn’t feel happiness anymore. All she ever felt was pain, that’s all she could feel. The worst part was that she couldn’t tell anyone or they would think she was crazy. And if she told her parents they would probably send her to a mad house or at least that‘s what she thought. Taeyeon pulled herself together and began walking home. She was finally home, but her parents were out. She dropped her things in her room, went down stairs, and sat on the couch. She decided to text Tiffany.

[To Tiffany]

What time are we leaving? (Send)

[From Tiffany]

Sunny wants us to go when it gets a little dark. (Received)

[To Tiffany]

Why? (Send)

[From Tiffany]

Because when it gets dark they turn off the lights and everything is neon colors. (Received)

[To Tiffany]

Oh okay. (Send)

[From Tiffany]

So did your parents say yes? (Received)

Since her parents weren’t home she was going to have to call them to ask for permission because she wasn’t sure when they were coming back. Taeyeon didn’t want to call and ask because she had a feeling they were going to say no, but she called anyway.

[To Tiffany]

Yup they said yes. (Send)

[From Tiffany]

Really? Great, see you tonight then. Cant wait. ;) (Received)

[To Tiffany]

See you later. It’s gonna be fun. J (Send)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tiffany got home. Tiffany went to her room and dropped her things. She was looking for her charger that was supposed to be next to her bed. It wasn’t there so she began looking all around her room. She looked for it on her desk and there it was. She connected her phone and left it on the desk. She sat on the chair and looked at the wall in front of her. There were pictures of Tiffany and her friends, but many of them were with Taeyeon and her. Every time she looked at those pictures on her wall they always made her smile. When she was having a bad day, all she had to do was look at them and it gave her some happiness. She liked looking at the ones where they were younger because it reminded her of how Taeyeon used to be.

“*Sigh* Taeyeon what made you change so much…..I keep thinking maybe it was something I did. Why wont you talk to me? It’s been a long time since I’ve seen you even a little happy, but I saw it today. I don’t know how it happened or why you were like that, but I hope it lasts…..I miss the old you.” Tiffany said to no one. Tiffany’s eyes started to tear up, but she tried hard not to cry. She kept telling herself that Taeyeon will get better and that soon she would be herself again. This gave Tiffany some hope. Tiffany sat there looking at the pictures on her wall and she received a phone call.

“Hello?” Tiffany answered.

“Hey Tiffany, it’s me Hyoyeon.”

“Oh hey what’s up?”

“Is it true?”

“Is what true?”

“That Taeyeon is actually going to hang out with us.”

“Yeah, why?”

“I thought Sunny was juts lying to me. Who was the one who convinced her?”

“No one had to convince her, she wanted to come.”

“So you guys didn’t beg her to come?”

“No….”

“It’s about time. I miss hanging with her. We better make the best of it today before she turns into a complete stranger.”

“She is not a complete stranger Hyoyeon, she is our friend.” Tiffany said beginning to get angry.

“I’m sorry Tiffany but you know it’s true. We don’t even know who she is anymore. You may not want to admit it, but you better come back to reality. We’ve tried everything to get her back and nothing has happened. We try to help her and when we think we’re getting through to her we’re back to where we started.”

“You might have given up on her, but I haven’t….not yet. I know she’s still in there. Maybe today will be different….she promised.” Tiffany said not sure if she even believed herself.

“Just don’t get your hopes up. I don’t like seeing you get hurt. I didn’t give up on Taeyeon….I just don’t see her anymore, I see someone else. And remember promises are made to be broken.” Hyoyeon said. Tiffany looked at the time and realized it was almost going to be time for them to go.

“Well see you later Hyo. Bye…”

“Bye Fany-ah.” They ended their call.

“Promises are meant to be broken?….No they aren’t, rules are. Taeyeon promised and I believe she will keep her promise…she has too.” Tiffany said to herself. Then she began getting ready. After a few minutes Tiffany was finished and she texted the others. The person who was going to drive them was Sunny because she was the only one who had a driver’s license. Tiffany already had permission from her parents. Then someone knocked on the door and she opened it.

“Ready to go Tiff?” Sunny asked.

“Yes I am….have you picked Taeyeon up yet?”

“Yup, she’s in the car.”

“Let’s go then.” Tiffany said with her signature eye smile. Sunny and Tiffany both walked to the car and they were on their way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note:

How was it? Did it ? I tried my best to not make it boring.  I didn't proof read this so if it has solme spell errors sorry. Hope you liked this chapter. Thanks for all the people that subscribed, I hope your enjoying the story so far. And for the ghost readers don't be shy to comment. It’s also on Wattpad, my username is Taeyeon_LoveSNSD, and you can also follow me on Instagram @taeyeon_lovesnsd, I make my own edits on there. Oh I almost forgot I made an edit for this story but I'm having trouble trying to post it on here, if anyone can help me or tell me how I can get the picture on here I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for your support. Peace Out SONE!!!