Chapter 6: Am I Crazy?

Secret (Discontinued)

Yuri was driving home and was hoping her father was asleep, but she knew he wasn’t. She was prepared for her father’s lecture and yelling. She didn't mean to forget about it, it just happened. All she kept thinking about was what happened with Taeyeon, she couldn't believe she actually did that. Hopefully this didn't change things between them, she hoped it wasn't going to be awkward when she saw her again. She parked the car and got out. The lights were which meant he was still awake. She opened the door and found her father sitting on the couch waiting.

“I can explain, I didn't mean to forget I just-”

“Where were you? Do you know how long we waited for you? I looked like an idiot.”

“I’m sorry. I had things to do and I completely forgot.” Yuri said still standing.

“What was more important?” He said standing and walking towards her.

“……….”

“Tell me Yuri, what was more important!?” He said raising his voice.

“There will be more opportunities like this. Don’t worry.”

“I’m not worried. That was the only chance I gave you to make your own decision of where you wanted to study abroad, but since you weren't there I chose for you. You didn’t think I would let this opportunity pass by, did you?”

“Study abroad? Your sending me away?”

“It’s for your own good. You’ll be in a better school.”

“What? No, I am not leaving. I don’t want to go.” Yuri said.

“You will go and that’s final!” He said with his hand raised about to hit her. She flinched ready for the impact, but when she didn’t feel anything she opened her eyes and saw her father didn’t hit her. Yuri couldn’t believe he actually considered hitting her.

“I hate you!” Yuri said. She ran passed him and locked herself in her room. She couldn’t stop crying. Then someone knocked on the door.

Yuri I didn’t mean to do that. I was just angry….you know I love you. Please open the door.”

“Go away. Leave me alone.”

“Let’s just talk about this…….open the door………….fine I’ll leave you alone. We’ll talk about when you’ll be leaving tomorrow when your better.” She heard him walk away from the door. She didn’t want to go. She had to stay, she didn’t want to be away from Taeyeon. Not just that, but she would also miss her friends.

“What am I going to do?” She cried herself to sleep. She was more upset that her father almost put a hand on her. She never knew he was capable of doing that to her. Even though he didn’t hit her, the idea that he could have broke her heart. She knew her father could be heatless sometimes but she never thought he was capable of actually putting a hand on her. She wasn’t sure how she would have reacted if he would have hit her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                               (The Hospital)

Taeyeon was walking through the hospital halls and it was practically empty. All she saw were a few of the people working late and the other patients in the rooms. She would walk into one of the rooms and there would be someone in real bad condition and she felt bad for them. Then she would look into other patients rooms instead of going in and there were people that were just crazy. They would be talking to themselves or simply nuts. She wondered how long they’ve been locked up in those rooms. The halls were never ending, everywhere she turned it was like she was going in circles. They all looked the same. She was about ready to give up and walk back to her room, but she heard a noise. It sounded like something was being hit against something else. As she got closer to the noise she was able to hear more clearly. It sounded like someone grunting. She slowly opened the door and saw Baekhyun fighting with another person. Baekhyun threw the guy into the wall like he was a doll and the man hit his head. The man fell lifeless to the floor.

“Taeyeon what are you doing here?”

“You….killed him.”

“Its not what it looks like. Wait outside.” He said. She did as she was told. She just saw someone die and she acted like nothing happened. The first reaction a normal person would have is complete terror and this was the part where the person would run for their life, but she didn’t feel that way. It only took Baekhyun a few minutes to clean up the problem. “I’m sorry you had to see that.”

“Why did you kill him?”

“He tried killing me first, so I did what I had to.”

“Why was he trying to kill you?”

“It doesn’t matter.” Baekhyun said looking around making sure no one else saw what happened.

“Whatever that’s not why I’ve been looking for you. How did you become yourself again? I need to know. I only have a month and after that everything is going to change. I need your help.” Taeyeon asked him forgetting about what Baekhyun just did to that man.

“You don’t want to know. What’s with all the questions? Its like your interrogating me. You need to go back to your room before someone sees you.”

“I will not go back to my room until you tell me.” Taeyeon said crossing her arms.

“Okay then. How bout I tell you while we walk to your room, okay?” He said and she nodded. They began to walk. “You’re not going to like what I’m about to tell you……I had to do something I thought I was never going to have to do…..…I killed my parents. They were the cause of my problem so I got rid of them and I was myself again.” He said without any remorse in his voice.

“You murdered your own parents? You say it with so much calmness, don’t you feel bad or at least some regret?”

“I know what I did was wrong, but they were not my parents. What kind of parent hit their own child countless times, with injuries so severe they had to be sent to the hospital. You have no I idea what it was like. I don’t regret what I did because I have my life back.” He said looking at her straight in the eye.

“That man that was trying to kill you, does it have to do with you killing your parents?”

“No one found out it was me. They diagnosed their death as an accident.”

“So I’m going to have to kill the people that caused my problem. That’s all I have to do?”

“Basically.”

“But I’ve never killed anyone. I don’t think I can do it? How do I even figure out who the people were, it happened so long ago I can’t remember.” Taeyeon said. She didn’t think she was going to have to kill someone. The thought of having her life back made her consider the possibility of her actually thinking of doing it.

Where it happened, maybe you can start there.”

“You want me to stand there and ask anyone who passes by ‘hey were you the kids who beat a little girl in this park years ago?’ I would look like a complete idiot.”

“It was just an idea…..okay so what happened to you?”

“Well it didn’t happen to me. I was just the one who stopped it from happening.”

“So this happened to someone else?”

“Yeah.”

“And you were the one it picked because you got angry.”

“Picked? It picked me? I thought it was part of me.”

“You thought or that’s what it told you?”

“It told me it-”

“Was who you really were and that you’ve had it trapped deep inside of you and it’s time to let go blah blah blah, right?” Baekhyun said interrupting her.

“Yeah.”

“Well all of it is a bunch of crap. It’s lying to you.”

“But when it made me do things, it was as if I was the one doing it. I mean yeah it was me physically, but I mean it was me, *sigh* it’s hard to explain. I remember everything it did and the worst part is that I remember liking it because it made me feel powerful.”

“It makes you feel good doesn't it? But you have to remember who you are. Don’t let it turn you into something you’re not.”

“But it feels like it’s me…….I didn’t want to believe it at first but then it felt like we were the same person.”

“Don’t believe what it tells you Taeyeon. You might not understand right now but after you do this you’ll be better.”

“Understand? Understand what? I-I don’t get it. Is there more I should know? If I kill those people, do you guarantee I will be one hundred percent me?”

“Has it made you do anything severe or extreme?”

“You mean like kill someone?”

“Sure.”

“No, we‘ve already gone through this…….but I’ve gotten physical. Not me but you know the other part.”

“Just making sure. So it controlled you when you became physical. When you say physical, in what ways?”

“Pushed and slapped someone.” Taeyeon said. She didn’t like remembering what she did to Yuri and Tiffany.

“At least you haven’t killed anyone.”

“But I will.”

“It’s not the same. Killing the people that caused your problem will take the anger from you, but if you kill just because you want to, that’s a different story.”

“Can you please stop saying that word?”

“What, you mean kill?”

“Yes that word. I don’t like it.”

“Sorry.”

“How do you know all this?” Taeyeon said with an eyebrow raised.

“Like I said, there are things you don’t know yet. Plus I've gone though the same things as you, remember?”

“Right…..there is still one thing you haven‘t answered.”

“What?”

“Will I be completely myself again?”

“I’m not going to lie to you, but there will be side effects.”

“Like what?” Taeyeon said afraid of what he might say.

“There’s no need to think about that right now. Just think of getting your life back, okay?”

“Okay. I have to get out of here first.”

“Your in luck.”

“Why?”

“Because you’ll be out of here the day after tomorrow.”

“Are you serious? I can’t believe you did it. Thank you so much.” Taeyeon said giving Baekhyun a hug. They finally got to her room.

Your welcome. Oh and don’t worry about the footage, I’ll take care of it. Good night Taeyeon.” 

“Good night, and thanks again.” Taeyeon said. She wasn’t even tired after the good news he told her. Just tomorrow and then she was free. Baekhyun must have done it after Dr. Kwon spoke to her since he didn’t say anything. She was one step closer to getting her life back. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                          (The next morning in school)

Yuri picked Jessica up from her house and drove to school. Yuri told Jessica what happened with her father and Jessica tried her best to cheer her up. Yuri also told her that her father wants her to study abroad and she wasn't sure when she would be leaving. Jessica said she will do anything she can to help her stay. School went by smoothly and boringly as always and it was finally lunch. Yuri was with all her friends and they were all at a table just laughing and fooling around.

“Yuri.”

“Yes Jess.”

“So what happened with Taeyeon?”

“Shhh~ keep your voice down.”

“Why?”

“Because someone could here you. No one knows where Taeyeon is but you and I.”

“Oh right.”

“Let’s walk and talk, okay?” They both stood up from the table and began to walk.

“Okay now tell me.”

“Well we just talked.”

“You just talked? That’s it?”

“Kind of……after we talked I….kissed her.” Yuri said not able to look Jessica in the eye while saying it.

“You did what? Are you two dating?” Jessica said surprised.

“Of course we aren’t dating, we’ve only met a few times and if we were you’d be the first to know….it just happened. It was more my fault but I couldn’t help it.”

“You couldn’t help it, that’s your excuse. What did she say?”

“She didn’t tell me to leave, so I think she didn’t mind it. I don’t know she didn’t say much.”

“Wow Yuri, so tell me, how did it feel to kiss a girl for the first time?” Jessica said with a smirk.

“I don’t even know how to answer that. Lets not talk about it anymore.”

“Are you going to tell Taeyeon your leaving?”

“No, I’ll make sure I don’t leave.” Yuri said determined. While they were walking Yuri spotted Tiffany sitting with her friends and wanted to go up to her and ask why she hadn’t seen Taeyeon yet. Yuri hated how Tiffany looked so calm about it. Did she even care that Taeyeon was gone?

“Who are you looking at?” Jessica asked.

“It just makes me mad how Tiffany doesn’t even look worried about Taeyeon being gone.”

“Yuri she might not even know why she’s gone, leave it alone.”

“Why don’t we find out?” Yuri said walking Tiffany’s way, but Jessica held her back.

“No Yuri!”

“Why not?”

“Because would you want Taeyeon snooping around in your personal life? No, so don’t go around snooping around hers.”

“It’s just a question.”

“Yeah but if she really doesn’t know where Taeyeon is then she’ll know that you know where Taeyeon is and it will make things worse. It‘s complicated even thinking about it.”

“Your right. I just need to calm down.”

“I think I’ve done too much thinking today.”

“Wow Jess.”

“What, its been a long day.”

“ Let’s go.” Yuri said walking back to the table and Jessica following behind her. They went through the last few periods and then school was over. Yuri was waiting for Jessica out front. Yuri wanted to know what happened between Taeyeon and Tiffany. She wasn’t sure if she should ask Taeyeon since it was none of her business. She didn’t want Taeyeon thinking she was a nosy person. She wanted to leave to the hospital right now but knew her father was going to be there, so she had to wait until tonight. After talking with Taeyeon she couldn’t wait until she spoke to her again, everything was better with Taeyeon.

“Sorry I took long.”

“No worries…..hey can I come over, I really don’t want to go to my house.”

“Of course you can, your always welcome at my house.” Jessica said. They were walking to Yuri’s car and Yuri noticed Tiffany was eyeing her. I guess you could say she was giving her the stink eye. Why would Tiffany be looking at her like that? Yuri tired ignoring it and got into her car and was on her way. Sunny noticed Tiffany staring.

“Dude stop staring, your gonna kill her with that look.”

“I just don’t like her.”

“You can’t hate someone without knowing them, what did she ever do to you.” Sunny said.

“She-……never mind, let’s just go.” Tiffany said getting in the car. ‘Does she know something I don’t?’ Sunny thought to herself, but brushed it off as if it was nothing. Sunny dropped Tiffany off and she left home. She was in her room doing her homework, more like trying to do it. She couldn’t focus without Taeyeon popping back into her head.

“Argh Taeyeon where are you?” Sunny said ruffling her hair in frustration. “I just hope you’re okay.” Then her mother knocked on her door. “Come in.”

“Soonkyu are you busy?” Her mother asked.

“Not really, why?”

“Well you didn’t eat when you came form school and I wanted to know if you were hungry?”

“I am actually. I’ll be right down.”

“Okay then see you downstairs.” Her mother said about to leave.

“Mom?”

“Yes honey.”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“Have you heard anything about Taeyeon?”

“I haven’t.”

“So her parents haven’t called you yet?”

“Not yet, but when they do I’ll make sure to tell you right away, okay?” Her mom said in attempts to cheer her up. She didn’t like seeing her daughter sad, but there was nothing she could do. She only knew as  much as Sunny did, which was pretty much nothing. All they could do was wait.

“Thanks mom. I’ll be downstairs in a minute.” Sunny said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                                (The Hospital)

Taeyeon was up and early walking around the room. She was excited she would finally be getting gout of this place. She had lost count of how long she had been there but that didn’t matter anymore because she would be getting out tomorrow. The thought of not seeing Baekhyun anymore made her sad, he had helped her so much that she didn’t know how she was going to repay him. Baekhyun went through he same thing as her, could there be more like them she thought. There were so many questions unanswered. Then the nurse came in.

“Hello Miss Kim.” The nurse said.

“Hi.”

“How are you feeling today?”

“Fine.”

“I have good news for you today.”

“Really? What is it?” Taeyeon said acting like she didn’t know anything.

“Your being discharged form the hospital tomorrow.”

“Finally.”

“You must be happy.”

“Of course I am. I really don’t like this place.”

“If you don’t mind me asking, why do you hate the hospital so much?” The nurse asked while checking her blood pressure, heart beat, etc…(You know all that stuff nurses check).

“I-I uh….just I’ve….never really liked the hospital, that’s all.” Taeyeon said. When Taeyeon was answering the nurse noticed her heart began to beat fast.

“Miss are you okay?”

“Y-yeah, I’m j-just excited to b-be leaving tomorrow.” Taeyeon said trying to calm herself down.

“Don’t get too excited……well I’m all done here. Bye Miss Kim.” The nurse said.

“Bye.” Taeyeon said. The memory of Tiffany laying on the hospital bed gave her chills. Taeyeon couldn’t imaging what she would have done if Tiffany would have died that day. She actually felt that she made a good decision when she chose to ask for help form that thing, whatever it was. If it weren’t for its help, Tiffany wouldn’t be here. On the other hand she hated herself for making that decision because even though she was able to save Tiffany, after that her life began to crumble. She began to shut people out of her life in the hopes that this might stop her form hurting them but she ended up hurting them anyway. It wasn’t her intention to drift away form the people who cared about her, all she was trying to do was protect them but all her attempts back fired. She wanted someone to understand what she was going through but she couldn’t tell anyone. She never thought keeping a secret could make her so miserable. The secret caused her to make up lie after lie just so people wouldn’t get suspicious. Everyday she lost a part of herself. All this was going through her mind and she then began to feel a burning sensation on her neck. She immediately got up and went into the bathroom closing the door. “Argh why does it hurt so much?” Taeyeon looked at the left side of her neck putting cold water on it to see if it would help with the pain, but it didn’t. She realized no one had mentioned her mark except Baekhyun that day they told each other about their marks. They probably thought it was just a tattoo. After a few minutes the burning pain began to subside. “What’s happening to me?” She then heard someone open the door and she left the bathroom to see who it was. It was the person she didn’t want to see.

“I’m guessing you know the news.” Dr. Kwon said.

“About me not having to stay here any longer, yes I heard. I told you there wasn’t anything wrong with me and that sooner or later I would be leaving this place.”

“I don’t know how you did it, but police had to come to my office and tell me I was keeping a patient against her will.”

“It wasn’t me, I was here the whole time.”

“All I’m trying to do is help you. Your just going to end up hurting yourself.”

“Why don’t you help someone that actually needs it because you’re wasting your time with me.”

“Well there’s nothing else I can do for you then. I hope you know what your doing.”

“I can’t help but feel like you think I’m crazy. Let me guess, you probably think I’m a nut job that’s waiting to explode, right.”

“I guess you could say that, but I would call it unstable. You even said that it was just depression you were going through, but what happens when it isn’t properly treated. You start to become delusional and sooner or later you become a ticking bomb.”

“Well I’m all better now. I really appreciate you trying me, but keeping me here in the first place was not the right thing to do. You could have sent me home with some medication or something that could help me.” Taeyeon said. Tears were threatening to leave her fatigued eyes.

“I was trying-”

“No! Don’t stand there and tell me you were trying to help me! You have no idea what I’ve gone through and you have no idea what this place reminds me of. So don’t you dare stand there and act like you know who I am. You even convinced my parents into keeping me here.” Taeyeon said enraged.

“You need to calm down Taeyeon.”

“Leave, you need to leave.” Taeyeon felt her rage growing. She wanted to hit him, but tried to control herself. He saw how upset she was getting and realized he needed to leave. Once he left Taeyeon got up and went to the window and tried to slow her breathing. “I-I need t-to calm down.” She tired thinking about things that made her happy to see if it would calm her down. After the doctor left she didn’t feel mad anymore, she juts felt upset and it was hard to breath. It was like she was having a panic attack. She was finally able to slow her breathing. “I’m not….crazy.” Taeyeon sat in front of the window staring at nothing. Then Baekhyun opened the door.

“Hello sunshine.” Baekhyun said in a happy mood.

“Do you think I’m crazy?” Taeyeon asked him right away.

“Uh no?”

“I’m being serious.” Taeyeon said looking over at him.

“Someone’s in a grumpy mood. No, I don’t think your crazy.”

“Are you telling the truth?”

“I am. Why? Did someone call you crazy?”

“Dr. Kwon says I’m unstable. He said I was a ticking bomb.”

“Taeyeon don’t listen to him. He’s just an unhappy person, if anything he’s the one who’s crazy.”

“Your right.” Taeyeon said smiling.

“See there it is, your beautiful smile.”

“How do you always manage to make me smile.”

“I have the magic potion.”

“Your such a dork, you know that.”

“I do…..so today’s your last day huh.”

“Yeah. You have no idea how thankful I am for everything you’ve done for me.”

“No worries. Just because your leaving doesn’t mean we can’t keep seeing each other.” Baekhyun said with a smile.

“That’s true. I’d prefer we meet somewhere else but here.”

“I figured.”

“That day you brought the flowers, remember?”

“The one’s that fell on the floor?”

“Yeah.”

“What about them.”

“Were they for me?”

“I think so.”

“Thank you.”

“They weren’t from me though.”

“But you brought them in.”

“No, I just picked them up. Someone else brought them, then dropped them, and left.”

“So you were behind the person who brought the flowers?”

“Correct. Someone asked for you and I led them here and they opened the door and suddenly dropped the flowers and left in a hurry.”

“Do you know who it was?”

“Ummm not really. I had so many things going on that day. Sorry.”

“It’s okay.”

“What were you doing that the person left in such a hurry?”

“Nothing we were just talking and she- uh that’s all.” Taeyeon said catching herself.

“Hmm that’s weird. Well gotta go, tomorrow is the big day. Do you want me to call your parents?”

“No. I think I’ll go home alone. Don’t tell anyone,”

“You got it. See you later. Remember you’re not crazy.” Baekhyun said jokingly.

“Thank you.” Taeyeon was more than happy that she was finally going home, but she still had to figure out how she was going to act towards her parents. She felt hurt that they agreed to keep her hear. She knew they did to help her, but they didn’t think of what this place reminded her of or how it made her feel. Taeyeon knew it wasn’t right to dwell in thoughts that made her heart ache, but sometimes you can’t control your emotions. It’s hard to block things out that have had a great impact on your life, no matter how hard you try. Maybe it was time to move on and start over. She thought she should set things straight with Tiffany and let Yuri into her life. It was time to let go. Of course she had to get it together first. Then she remembered what happened with Yuri, the kiss. Taeyeon wasn’t sure how to feel about it. She liked Yuri, but did she like her in that way? Taeyeon had to admit she felt a strong connection with Tiffany, but was it the same as before? “Why does my life have to be so complicated. *Sigh* soon all this will be over.”

_____________________________________________________________________________

Author’s Note:

 Sorry for the long wait guys, many things have been happening. My life ….…. Anyways, what do you think of the chapter? Do you like it or does it completely ? I hope you like the edit I made for this chapter, I think it turned out pretty awesome if I do say so myself. I hope I didn’t make it look too creepy. Please do comment, they inspire me to keep writing and I‘ll try to respond back. I have an idea for a new story that’s been on my mind for a some time and I don’t know if I should write it. It would be about KrysTae (Krystal & Taeyeon) or other. Just an idea, what do you think? Well keep enjoying my story and I’ll try to update as soon as possible. If you want to see any of my other edits I make, you can check out my instagram at taeyeon_lovesnsd. Peace Out!!!!