Chapter 9: Confused

Secret (Discontinued)

Taeyeon was walking home and all she kept thinking about was the kiss she gave Tiffany. ‘Why did I kiss her?’ Taeyeon asked herself. She kept telling herself the only reason she did it was to keep Tiffany from leaving. Drastic situations call for drastic measures……right? To makes things worse Yuri saw everything. It bothered Taeyeon. Why did it make Taeyeon feel guilty that she saw them kiss. Taeyeon was getting frustrated thinking of all of this. She finally arrived home, dropped her things in her room, and threw herself on the bed. She just stared at the ceiling. She took her phone out.

[To Baekhyun]

Are you busy? (Sent)

[From Baekhyun]

Not anymore, what’s up? (Received)

[To Baekhyun]

I need someone to talk to.  (Sent)

[From Baekhyun]

And you thought of me, I’m touched. Haha, do you want to meet up? (Received)

[To Baekhyun]

Sure, where? (Sent)

[From Baekhyun]

How about a café? (Received)

[To Baekhyun]

Sounds good. (Sent)

[From Baekhyun]

See you there. 

Baekhyun gave Taeyeon directions to the café. She asked her mom to drive her there. Her mom asked where and who she was going with and of course Taeyeon had to lie. What mother would let a 16 year old meet up with a guy? So she told her that she would be meeting a friend and her mother agreed. Her mother dropped her off and Taeyeon waited until she was out of sight. She walked into the café and saw Baekhyun sitting not too far from where she was standing. She walked over to him and they exchanged a hug.

“I got you some hot chocolate since I wasn’t sure if you drank coffee.” Baekhyun said sipping his coffee.

“Thanks.” Taeyeon said taking the hot chocolate.

“So what do you need to talk about?”

“I need to ask you something.”

“Ask away, I’m all ears.”

“Do you….think its okay…..to…k-kiss someone?” Taeyeon asked.

“Of course it is. Why?” Baekhyun asked not understanding what Taeyeon was getting at.

“What if it was with a girl?” Taeyeon felt embarrassed talking about this, but she trusted him and didn’t know who else to talk to about it.

“Are you saying you kissed a girl?”

“The first time no, but then I did.”

“What do you mean?”

“I was kissed by a girl first and then I kissed a girl.”

“And you think its wrong?”

“Yes, I mean no- I-I don’t know.” Taeyeon said stumbling through her words.

“Seems to me your confused.” Baekhyun said.

“Very confused.  I’m not sure what to do.”

“Was it the same person?” Baekhyun asked.

“No….it wasn’t.”

“Wow Taeyeon, I never thought you were gay and a player.”

“What? I’m not gay.” Taeyeon fought back.

“Right it’s called being lesbian.”

“I’m not that either.”

“Its okay if you are, I don’t mind. Whatever you prefer.” Baekhyun said.

“I’m not gay, lesbian or whatever you call it.” Taeyeon said. Good thing there weren’t any people sitting close to them because they would have heard their conversation.

“Are you sure?”

“…….I’m sure, I think.”

“Did you like it?”

“The kiss?”

“Duh, what else?”

“At first I didn’t know what to think, and now I’m not sure either. It was like confusion and then……I l-liked it.”

“So your saying you liked both kisses?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon just nodded. She knew it was wrong but it didn’t feel that way. At first the kiss with Yuri took Taeyeon by surprise but then she didn’t mind, she liked it. When she kissed Tiffany it felt right too and she also liked it. This made things worse because she wasn’t sure if she liked Yuri or Tiffany, maybe even both.

“I know its stupid, but I can’t help but feel this way. Please tell me you can help me.” Taeyeon asked with pleading eyes.

“Well I don’t really know how. You say your not gay, but your feelings say otherwise.”

“Maybe I feel like this because I’ve never been kissed by anyone. I’ll probably get over it.” Taeyeon said hoping she was right.

“Maybe when you get kissed by a guy then you’ll be straight, or not.” Baekhyun said trying to lighten the mood.

“I’m being serious.”

“Why are you making a big deal out of this. If you really are gay then who cares.”

“Its not that. I’m just confused right now.”

“I could kiss you if you want.” Baekhyun said.

“What?” Taeyeon was caught of guard.

“It was a joke. You need to chill. Why don’t we hang out for the rest of the day and maybe that’ll get your mind of things.”

“I guess.”

“Come on.” Baekhyun said. He paid for the drinks and they left the café. Maybe he was right. She had never been kissed before and it was probably the excitement. If a guy would have been the one who kissed her she might have probably felt the same way because it would have been her first kiss. That’s it, it was just the excitement of the moment. She would get over it soon. They just walked around for the rest of the day and talked about whatever came to their mind. 

“Baekhyun?”

“Yeah.”

“Can you help me find the people that caused this?”

“You mean the people who caused your mark?”

“Yeah, those people.”

“I’ll see what I can do.”

“How were you not caught by the police after you….you know.”

“Do you really want to talk about this?” He asked.

“I’m curious.”

“Haven’t you heard curiosity killed the cat.” Baekhyun said joking with her.

“Stop trying to scare me.” Taeyeon said giving him a slight push.

“Its funny, okay if you want to know then why not. It wasn’t hard. The people in the hospital knew what I was going through since I’d been there so many times. They knew my parents beat me, but couldn’t say anything because they were afraid my parents would actually end up killing me if they told. So the only way out I saw was murdering them. I made it look like an accident. When they asked me what happened I said someone broke in and killed my parents while I was hiding somewhere in the house. They questioned me so many times but couldn’t prove it was me so the case went cold and they stopped looking for who did it.” Baekhyun said.

“How did it feel?”  

“I closed my eyes while I did it. I tried to take my mind somewhere else. I hated them yet I didn’t want to look because I knew if I did I’d…..be someone else.”

“Someone else?” Taeyeon asked confused.

“I’m not proud of what I did but I don’t regret it. I knew if I opened my eyes and saw what I was doing to them, then I’d become a monster. I didn’t want to turn into a murderer.” He said shifting his gaze from Taeyeon onto the floor.

“That’s what I’m afraid of too. I’m afraid of being worse than a murderer. I’m afraid that if I do do this then I’ll turn into what it wants me to. Its been with me for so long it actually feels like its part of me.”

“You wont be a monster Taeyeon. Soon all this will be over and you’ll have your life back.”

“How did you know killing your parents would take it away?”

“To tell you the truth I didn’t know. I was just done with them beating me all the time, so I did what I had to and soon enough I was me again. So don’t worry, you’ll have your life back.”

“I want to believe it will but there’s always that doubt in the back of my mind…..you need to promise me something.”

“Anything.” Baekhyun said with a sweet smile.

“Promise me that if it does take control over me that you’ll do everything to stop it, and when I say everything I know you know what I mean.” Taeyeon said looking at him with a serious look.

“Taeyeon I can’t-”

“Please just promise me that one thing. Please.” Taeyeon said with pleading eyes.

“*Sigh* I promise.” They made a pinky swear. Taeyeon wanted to make sure that if things did go wrong that she would be stopped at every cost. She couldn’t risk hurting other people. The sun was starting to set and night was getting closer. 

“I should get home.”

“I’ll drive you.” Baekhyun said. He drove her home and he opened the car door for her.

“Thank you.”

“Hey the month isn’t over yet and you shouldn’t think about it too much right now, just relax. I’ll call you if I find anything, okay.”

“Okay.” Taeyeon said with a slight smile.

“See you around kid.” He said ruffling her hair. He left and she went inside.

“Taeyeon your home.” Mr. Kim said.

“Hey dad.”

“I was wondering where you were.”

“I was with a friend. I forgot to tell mom when I was coming home.”

“Are you hungry?”

“No, I think I’ll just go up to my room.”

“Okay, I’ll tell your mother your home.”

“Thanks dad.” She went to her room and lay her bed. She put on some music and relaxed closing her eyes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Yuri)

Yuri didn’t leave. She sat in her car thinking about what she saw. She saw Taeyeon walking out of school and on her way home. Yuri thought of giving her a ride but she was heart broken after what she had seen and heard. The image of Taeyeon and Tiffany kissing was the only thing on her mind. She was afraid that if she approached Taeyeon, she wouldn’t be able to control her emotions and break down right in front of her. She didn’t want Taeyeon to see her cry. Now she understood why Tiffany hated her so much. She was the one who had brought those roses but ended up dropping them because of what she saw. ‘Does this mean Tiffany has feelings for Taeyeon?’ Yuri thought to herself. She finally started her car and was on her way home. She arrived home and noticed her father’s car was there as well. She went inside.

When she opened the door her father was nowhere in sight. She then heard someone in the kitchen. She was hoping he didn’t hear her come home. She was not in the mood to argue. She went up to her room, dropped her things and went down stairs to the living room. She sat on the couch and the TV. She was looking through the channels to see if she could find something interesting to take her mind of things. Then her father came in to the room.

“I didn’t hear you come in.” Mr. kwon said.

“That was the plan.” Yuri coldly replied.

“Why don’t we talk?” He asked. Yuri thought his question was stupid because why ask something they were going to end up having to do anyway.

“You mean argue?” Yuri shot back.

“It’s not my fault.”

“It never is.  It’s everyone’s fault except yours. I’m not in the mood to argue today.”

“Yuri I-”

“ITS ALWAYS YOU YOU YOU! You say you do things because its for my own good but do you really do it for me? Or for yourself.” She said finally snapping at him. She didn’t want to argue but if he kept insisting then she was going to give him what he wanted.

“I do it for you. Everything I do is for you.” Mr. Kwon said.

“Then don’t send me away. I’ll do anything, just don’t send me away…….please.” Yuri said changing her tone from being cold to being desperate.

“Then I don’t want you seeing or speaking to Taeyeon.”

“What?” She was caught of guard.

“You know exactly what I’m talking about.” 

“I don’t know who your talking about.” She said trying to sound as convincing as possible. ‘How could he know about Taeyeon?’ she thought.

“I found this after she left.” He said handing her a piece of paper with her number on it. No wonder Taeyeon didn’t call her, she had left her number in the hospital room. Yuri didn’t know what to say. She wasn’t going to get out of this one very easily. 

“……..she was the person I was tutoring before she stopped coming to school. I wanted to know why she wasn’t in school, but no one knew where she was. So one day I went to the hospital to look for you and I accidentally ended up going into her room where she was sound asleep. After that I went to visit her everyday.” Yuri said. She couldn’t lie about it anymore so she just told him the truth….most of it.

“So all those times you said you were in Jessica’s house, you were lying to me.” He said finally realizing why she had been coming home so late.

“Don’t act like you’re the victim.” Yuri said.

“You were the one lying to me.”

“I wasn’t the one keeping someone against their own will without telling them why.” Yuri shot back.

“She needs help. *Sigh* Let me guess what she told you, she probably said nothing was wrong with her and she shouldn’t be there, am I right?”

“She isn’t a bad person.”

“How can you be so sure? You barely know her. I want you to stay away from her.” He said beginning to raise his voice.

“I wont stop seeing her.” Yuri said changing her tone back to a cold one.

“Fine. You have two choices, you either stop seeing her and I’ll let you stay here so you can decide things for yourself or you keep seeing her and we will discuss when and where you’ll be leaving to.” He said very seriously.

“……….” She was speechless. Not leaving and being able to make her own decisions sounded very tempting, but there was no way she was going to stop seeing Taeyeon. She had worked so hard to earn her friendship or even speak to her. She had to admit Taeyeon acted differently. The first time she met Taeyeon when she tutored her, Taeyeon was so cocky and aggressive and Yuri liked a challenge because she was sure she would be able to break Taeyeon’s ego. But the times she visited her in the hospital it was like she was a different person. She was shy, cute, and vulnerable. Which caused Yuri to take interest in her even more.

Whatever it was about Taeyeon, she was like a drug Yuri couldn’t get enough of. Being with Taeyeon gave her that high. Juts by looking at her, she could lose her breath. It was unreal to her the fact that she could feel so strongly about someone in a short amount of time. Nothing like this had ever happened to her. The feeling gave her that butterfly feeling in her stomach, but at the same time it frightened her because losing Taeyeon would be devastating to her. Then she came back to reality and saw her father waiting for her answer.

“So what’s it going to be?” He said looking at her straight in the eye. She hated when he looked at her like that. It was like he was sticking daggers through her with his eyes.

“This would be so much easier if the question was ‘who would I choose between you and mom’ because I’m pretty sure you know the answer to that. Your heartless and I hate you.” She said standing up. “And I truly mean it.” Was the last thing she said before going upstairs and locking the door to her room. She left him with no answer. She put her back against the door and began to cry. She knew she was going to have to choose one of them, but both choices had a something she wanted and something she didn’t want. She couldn’t stop seeing Taeyeon even if she wanted to. Taeyeon was all Yuri though about. She had to figure something out. ‘What am I going to do?’ she asked herself.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author’s Note:

I know it’s a short update, sorry. I wanted to write more but it was not going to be very pleasing to read. So hope you enjoy. Vote for Girls’ Generation and TaeTiSeo in the MAMA Awards, we need to help them SONEs. Peace Out!!!!