Chapter 11: Give Up

Secret (Discontinued)

Taeyeon wasn’t sure what just happened. All she was doing was running. She didn’t know where but she didn’t care. ‘What did I do?’ Taeyeon asked herself. She kept running until she made a stop. Once again she was back to the park. Clouds began to form in the sky. It looked like it was about to rain. Maybe that’s why there were no people around. Taeyeon was out of breath. 

 

“I told you not to bother me.” Taeyeon told it.

 

“…….” There was no response.

 

“You broke our deal.”

 

“……..” Still nothing.

 

“I’m talking to you!” Taeyeon yelled.

 

“Someone isn’t in a very good mood.” It said to Taeyeon.

 

“I win.”

 

“You didn‘t win.”

 

“You broke the deal.”

 

“I didn’t brake anything.”

 

“But you did that to Yuri.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Correction. That was all you. I had nothing to do with it.”

 

“Your lying. I would never do that to someone.”

 

“You still don’t get it, do you.”

 

“Get what?” Taeyeon asked confused.

 

“It was just a matter of time until you realized it.” It said.

 

“Realized what?”

 

“Your becoming what you keep saying you don’t wan to be.”

 

“That’s not possible.”

 

“You have nothing left. Just give up already.”

 

“………” Taeyeon didn’t know what to say. ‘Everything would be so much easier if I just gave up’ she thought.

 

“I can make all that your feeling go away. No more sorrow, guilt, weakness, no more pain…..everything gone.”

 

“Everything?”

 

“All of it.”

 

“Fine…..you win.” Taeyeon said. She didn’t care anymore. She wanted all the pain she was feeling to just disappear. She couldn’t take it anymore.

 

“Its about time.”

 

“Will it hurt?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Just for a little bit.” It said. Taeyeon wasn’t sure what to expect. She suddenly felt the pain on her neck. Right where the mark was.

 

“Argh!!” Taeyeon yelled in pain. It felt like it was burning. It was too much for her to bare, it caused her to fall to her knees. It only lasted a few seconds and soon enough the pain was gone. She got up to her feet. Taeyeon felt different….she felt better. It was like she had no care in the world.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuri was regaining consciousness and the first thing she felt was a sharp pain in her head. She put her hand where it hurt and she realized there was a bandage on her head. She slowly opened her eyes.

 

“Yuri how are you feeling?” A familiar voice asked.

 

“Wh-Where am I?” Yuri asked.

 

“In the hospital.”

 

“What? Ow!” Yuri winced in pain.

 

“You must have banged your head pretty hard.”

 

“Jess where’s Taeyeon?” Yuri asked.

 

“I don’t know. They only found you there.” Jessica said.

 

“I just remember talking to her and then she got upset.”

 

“The person who called the hospital said the person that was with you was the one who did this to you.” Jessica said.

 

“………..” Yuri didn’t speak.

 

“Tell me the truth Yul. Did Taeyeon do this?” Jessica asked.

 

“It was my fault.” Yuri said.

 

“What happened?” 

 

“She found out who my dad was.”

 

“What’s so bad about that?” Jessica asked not understanding.

 

“He was her doctor. He was the one keeping her here.” Yuri said.

 

“I’m sorry. So I’m guessing she wasn’t very happy when she found out.”

 

“You should have seen how furious she was. It was like I was looking at a different person.” Yuri said.

 

“Maybe she was in the hospital so long for a reason.”

 

“Great now your thinking she unstable too.” Yuri said.

 

“Why don’t you ask Tiffany?” Jessica suggested.

 

“She hates me, and I don’t like her very much either.” Yuri said.

 

“Is it because of Taeyeon that you two don’t like each other?” Jessica asked. 

 

“That's my reason, but she seems to hate Taeyeon, so I'm not sure.”

 

“I’ll find out. But if it ends up being because of Taeyeon, you and Tiffany need to talk. Maybe you two can help her.” Jessica said.

 

“I don’t think Taeyeon wants to see me anymore.”

 

“I don’t think you should see her, not by yourself at least.”

 

“She’s harmless.” Yuri said.

 

“Look what she did to you. It could’ve been worse.” Jessica said. She didn’t sound very happy.

 

“But it wasn’t. I’m fine.” Yuri said. No matter what Taeyeon did, Yuri couldn’t stop how she felt about her.

 

“You really are crazy in love. You worry me and I don’t want you to get hurt.”

 

“I know.”

 

“What are you going to tell your father?” Jessica asked.

 

“I’ll make something up. He can’t know I was with Taeyeon.”

 

“Is it that bad between you two?” Jessica knew what Yuri’s answer was going to be, but decided to ask anyway.

 

“We had an argument when he found out about Taeyeon and he asked me to choose between her and staying here.” Yuri said.

 

“What did he say?”

 

“He told me if I stop seeing Taeyeon that he’d let me stay here and let me make my own decisions, but if I keep seeing Taeyeon he’s going to send me away.” Yuri said becoming teary eyed.

 

“He seriously made you choose? Which one did you pick?” Jessica asked.

 

“I haven’t yet. But I’m pretty sure he’s going to want my answer soon.”

 

“I sure know which one you should choose.” Jessica said.

 

“You don’t think I know? I’ve thought about it, but I can’t stop seeing Taeyeon. I just can’t. I know I can help her.” Yuri said.

 

“I’ll support you in whatever you choose, but I don’t want to see you leave……I just hope you know what your doing.” Jessica said. She knew Yuri was playing with fire and sooner or later she was going to get burned. Yuri’s her best friend and she will stick by her no matter what, but she didn’t want Yuri’s father to send her away.

 

“Thanks Jess.” Yuri said. Then someone walked in.

 

“How are you feeling?” Yuri’s father asked.

 

“I feel fine.’

 

“When they told me you were here, I was so worried. I was relieved to know it wasn’t anything serious.” Dr. Kwon said.

 

“I can leave, right?” Yuri asked.

 

“Yes you can in a little bit, but I need to ask you, what happened?” He asked. Yuri wasn’t sure if they told him what really happened, so she didn’t know if she should lie. 

 

“What did they tell you?” Yuri asked.

 

“I want to hear it from you.” He said. Jessica could feel the tension between them.

 

“I accidentally fell.” Yuri simply said.

 

“The owner said you were with someone.”

 

“They left before it happened.”

 

“Jessica if you don’t mind, I would like to speak with my daughter alone.” 

 

“Sure Dr. Kwon.” Jessica said about to stand up.

 

“No, she stays. If you have something to say to me, say it.” Yuri said.

 

“Fine. I don’t understand how you accidentally slipped, hit your head, and knocked yourself out, when there was a table flipped over, which could’ve fallen on you and your telling me no one did this to you.” He said.

 

“……….” She couldn’t come up with a lie fast enough to answer.

 

“So tell me, who did this to you?”

 

“I was by myself. The floor was wet and I slipped, that’s it.”

 

“I know your lying to me, either way I’ll find out sooner or later. It better not be who I think it is because you know what will happen.” He said with a serious tone.

 

“Are you threatening me?” 

 

“Take it however you want, but remember I’m just doing what’s best for you.” He said before waking out of the room. 

 

“See Yuri, your father is capable of anything and he will send you away. I don’t want to see you go just because of one girl who you don’t know.” Jessica said with a worried tone.

 

“If he’s wiling to do anything, then so am I.” Yuri said.

 

“Think about what your doing.” Jessica said. She’s never heard Yuri talk like that, it scared her a little.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Taeyeon wake up.” Someone called. Taeyeon suddenly jerked up frightened.

 

“Stay away from me.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Why? What’s wrong?” Sunny asked puzzled.

 

“What? How did I get here?” Taeyeon said looking around. She was lying on the couch.

 

“I want to ask you that same question.”

 

“What do you mean?” Taeyeon asked sitting up. She couldn’t remember how she got there.

 

“Someone was banging on the door so I went to see who it was. I opened the door 

and it was you. You looked scared and out of breath. Then you fainted.” Sunny explained.

 

“I don’t remember coming here.” Taeyeon said.

 

“You’ve been passed out for a few hours, it seemed like you were having a nightmare.” Sunny said.

 

“A nightmare?” Taeyeon said. ‘It wasn’t real?’ Taeyeon thought.

 

“I’ll go get you some water.” Sunny said getting up.

 

“Then I’m still me.” Taeyeon said after Sunny left. She then began to remember what happened with Yuri. She hoped that was a dream too. Sunny came back with a glass of water and handed it to Taeyeon.

 

“Can you tell me what happened? Why you looked so scared?” Sunny asked with concern.

 

“I hurt her.” Taeyeon said with tears threatening to leave her eyes.

 

“Hurt who?” 

 

“Yuri, I hurt her.”

 

“Taeyeon what did you do?” Sunny was afraid of what Taeyeon’s answer was going to be. 

 

“I-I didn’t mean t-to. It j-just happened.” Taeyeon stuttered through her words.

 

“I need you to tell me what you did to her, okay?” Sunny could see fear in Taeyeon’s eyes. 

 

“I g-got angry and I-I lost control. The next thing I knew sh-she was in the floor…….she wasn’t moving, so I ran.” Taeyeon said. Tears began falling down her cheek.

 

“Did anyone see you?” Sunny asked.

 

“I don’t know. Do you think I……” Taeyeon didn’t finish what she wanted to say, but Sunny knew what she meant.

 

“I’m sure she’s fine.” Sunny tried to convince Taeyeon. Sunny didn’t think she could’ve hurt her that bad. Yuri was taller than Taeyeon, and looked like she had more strength. To Sunny, Taeyeon looked harmless. Then again she did knock Tiffany out. 

 

“B-but what if she isn’t?” Taeyeon asked scared.

 

“You need to calm down.” Sunny tried to comfort her.

 

“She could be dead and I just left her.” Taeyeon said shaking. Sunny took the glass of water from her hand and set it on the table.

 

“You don’t know that.” Sunny said.

 

“You don’t either.” Taeyeon shot back.

 

“I’m sure you didn’t mean it.”

 

“I feel like I’m going crazy.” Taeyeon said. She wanted to tell Sunny everything right then and there, but she was afraid. She told Baekhyun, but that was different. He went through the same thing. Nothing happened when she told him, so Taeyeon thought maybe nothing will happen if she tells Sunny…….she couldn’t bring herself to do it though.

 

“Your not crazy.”

 

“All I ever do is hurt everyone close to me…….why do you even bother sticking by me?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Because I still care about you. I know there’s something going on that you wont tell me, but I’m not giving up on you.” Sunny said grabbing her hand.

 

“I’m so stupid.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I thought you were the only one who still cared, but there was also someone else.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Yuri….she’s tried so hard to be help me and all I ever thought about was Tiffany.” Taeyeon said.

 

“I see the way Yuri looks at you. She seems to really care about you. You even smile when your with her.” Sunny said. 

 

“I felt like I could be myself when I was with her. I could trust her. There’s something about her that’s different…….but I can’t seem to get Tiffany out of my mind. Either way it doesn’t matter anymore, Yuri lied to me and she probably hates me…….I just hope she‘s okay.” Taeyeon wiped the tears that kept falling down her cheek. She was still mad at the fact that Yuri lied to her, but not knowing if she was okay bothered her.

 

“No one could hate you.” Sunny said with a smile.

 

“I doubt that.”

 

“I don’t hate you and I’m sure Tiffany and Yuri don’t hate you either.”

 

“If you only knew what’s going on.” Taeyeon said.

 

“We all want to know, but a secret’s a secret for a reason, right?”

 

“*Sigh* Yeah…..I should go.”

 

“Are you sure?” Sunny asked.

 

“I feel okay. I can go home.”

 

“Do you want me to drive you home?

 

“No its okay.” Taeyeon said goodbye and left. She needed to talk to Baekhyun, but he wouldn’t answer his phone. She walked for a bit. She wanted to go to the place where she last saw Yuri, but she was too afraid. She wondered if the police were looking for her or if Yuri was still there. She tried calling Baekhyun again but he still wouldn’t answer, so she left him a message. In the end she just went home. Tomorrow would be a new day and she wasn’t looking forward to it. ‘Is Yuri going to be there?’ Taeyeon thought to herself. She was hoping to see her there because that meant she was still alive.

 

She got home and it seemed like no one else was there but her. She went up to her room. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and she seemed to be herself. Then she touched her mark. ‘It felt so real’ she said to herself. She could still remember what the pain felt like and how she felt afterwards. She wondered about the things she would be able to do if she changed and how she would feel.

 

“Everything would be different, things would be better……..but is that who I really am?…..would I still be me?” Taeyeon asked herself. She had to admit, it was tempting to just give up and let ‘it’ have its way. All she had to do was give up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note:

Annyeong, I know I’ve been on hiatus for a bit, something called life happened, but I’m back and I hope you enjoy this chapter even though its short. I think I might be ending this story, not sure when though. Thank you for sticking to my story, please comment, vote, and share. Love to read those comments. Peace out chingu!!!