Chapter 13: It's For The Best

Secret (Discontinued)

Yuri had arrived home from school. She noticed her father’s car wasn’t there. She went inside and sat on the couch. At least she wouldn’t be bothered by him, for now. She had never experienced this kind of feeling. She felt heartbroken. It was like her world was falling apart. Her friendship with Taeyeon was over. She had worked so hard to earn Taeyeon’s trust and she blew it.

 

“What did I do?……I lost her.” Yuri said to no one. Before she got to meet Taeyeon she never really paid attention to anyone. Guys would ask her out but she would always be focused on her studies because her father would always tell her that was more important. People would tell her she had girl admirers as well but none of them ever asked her out.

 

All she ever thought about was to live up to her father’s expectations. She didn’t even know Taeyeon was in the same school as her because she had never paid attention. But when she saw Taeyeon fast asleep in the hospital bed, she couldn’t help but stay with her. She looked so peaceful. 

 

“So this is what it feels like……to love someone.” No one was home, so she didn’t care she was talking out loud. It all happened so fast, the full reality of it hadn’t hit her yet. She wasn’t crying yet. She was just confused.

 

“I wont give up on her..…I can’t.”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Taeyeon was walking out of the school building. She was telling herself that ending the friendship between Yuri and her was the best thing to do.

 

“Hey.” A familiar voice said. She looked up and she was more than happy to see that person.

 

“Where have you been?” She asked while giving them a hug.

 

“I’ve been busy.” 

 

“I tired calling but you didn’t answer.” Taeyeon said letting go.

 

“Well I’m here now. You don’t look so good.”

 

“Baek we need to talk.”

 

“Why don’t we go somewhere else then?” He suggested.

 

“Okay.”

 

“Sorry but we’ll have to walk, I don’t have my car.” He said with a laugh.

 

“Its okay.” They began to walk.

 

“So what do we need to talk about?” He asked.

 

“Something’s wrong.” 

 

“With?”

 

“With me. I did something.” Taeyeon said.

 

“You did it or ‘it’ did it.” He asked.

 

“See that’s the problem. I don’t know, it all happened so fast.” Taeyeon noticed Baekhyun was looking around. “Are you listening to me?” She asked.

 

“Someone is following us.” He said.

 

“What!?” Taeyeon said it a little to loud.

 

“Shhh, keep your voice down. Just follow me.” He instructed. They quickly went into an ally. Baekhyun made sure the person following them didn’t see where they went. He told Taeyeon to not say a word and that he would handle it. He waited until the person would walk by. When they did he immediately grabbed them from the back and into the ally. He had his arm around the neck of the persona and his hand over their mouth to keep them quiet. 

 

The person was struggling to get free but he had a strong grip on them. It wasn’t completely dark. There was enough light to see. When she got a better look of what the person looked like, her eyes grew wide.

 

“Baekhyun, let her go!” Taeyeon said. He was ready to snap their neck.

 

“Why?” He asked.

 

“She’s not a threat.” She said.

 

“She isn’t?”

 

“No!” Taeyeon said. He did what Taeyeon asked him to do and he let her go. She fell on her knees and began coughing and gasping for air. Taeyeon went over to help her to her feet, but the person didn’t let her. She got up by herself and dusted herself off.

 

“Why were you following us?" Baekhyun asked her.

 

“I wasn’t.” She said.

 

“Tiffany, just answer the question.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Why should I? It’s not like you answer any of mine.” Tiffany talked back.

 

“So you know who she is?” Baekhyun asked Taeyeon.

 

“Yeah, I do.”

 

“Wait a minute, she’s the one who brought those roses for you when you were in the 

hospital.“ Baekhyun said.

 

“I know.” Taeyeon said not taking her eyes off Tiffany.

 

“Should I give you two some time alone?” He said.

 

“Please.” Taeyeon said. Baekhyun left them alone. “Why were you following me?”

 

“How do you know I was following you? Don't flatter yourself.” Tiffany said with a cold tone.

 

“Can we stop doing this?” Taeyeon said.

 

“Stop what?”

 

“Arguing every time we see each other. I don’t want to keep doing this anymore.” 

 

“You think I do?”

 

“You’re the one who starts it. I can’t say a word to you because everything I say is wrong.” Taeyeon said.

 

“See that’s where your wrong, what you say isn’t wrong, it’s a lie." Tiffany shot back.

 

“Not everything.”

 

“Then tell me one thing, who is that guy?” Tiffany asked.

 

“He’s someone I met while I was in the hospital. He was a big help, if it weren’t for him I think I might have actually gone crazy.” Taeyeon said with a slight smile. Yuri was of great help too, but she didn’t think it was good idea to mention her. Taeyeon knew it would only make Tiffany mad. How much Tiffany missed that smile, but she needed to remember to stay composed. She couldn’t let Taeyeon’s words soften her up.

 

“Why aren’t you with Yuri?” Tiffany asked.

 

“I ended our friendship.”

 

“So there’s nothing between you two anymore?”

 

“Tiffany, there never was. We were just friends.” Taeyeon explained.

 

“Friends don’t kiss.” Tiffany told her.

 

“Then what are we?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“We kissed. You said friends don’t kiss. What are we then?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“We’re strangers.”

 

“No we aren’t Tiffany. We have memories that we shared.”

 

“That’s all we have…..memories. I‘m not your friend.” Tiffany said.

 

“I don’t want you to be my friend. I want there to be an us.” Taeyeon was finally able to say it. How she really felt. She just wasn’t sure how Tiffany would respond.

 

“What about you?”

 

“What about me?” Taeyeon didn’t understand what Tiffany meant by that.

 

“Taeyeon lets face it. You aren’t you anymore.”

 

“I know a lot has happened and saying sorry wont cut it, but we can be happy again, together.” Taeyeon knew there was still that one thing she needed to do, but she still had time. She thought maybe if it didn’t work, she would at least spend her lasts days with at least one of the people she cared about most.

 

“I don’t-”

 

“Please just give me one more chance. Things will get better again, it will be like it used to be.” Taeyeon said trying to convince Tiffany. She noticed it was taking Tiffany some time to answer and she was afraid of what her answer was going to be. 

 

“Are you guys done talking?” Baekhyun interrupted.

 

“Look, you don’t have to answer right now, juts think about it.” Taeyeon said.

 

“I have to go.” Tiffany said. Taeyeon could tell she had an unsure look on her face, but 

she hoped she would at least consider it.

 

“Taeyeon, are you okay?” 

 

“Yeah, I just….never mind.”

 

“Do you want to keep talking?”

 

“I have to tell someone. I don’t know what’s happening.” Taeyeon said. She had to put Tiffany aside and focus on the problems at hand.

 

“Okay, so what were you saying?” Baekhyun took one more look around to make sure 

no one else was following them. You could say her was a little paranoid.

 

“I was with Yuri and I got angry….I just lost it.”

 

“Do you remember doing it?” He asked.

 

“I think so.” Taeyeon said not really sure.

 

“What else do you remember?”

 

“I also remember talking to ‘it’. The problem is that I don’t know if it was a dream 

or it really happened.”

 

“Did ‘it’ tell you anything?”

 

“It said that if I just gave in that everything would be so much easier. All my problems would just disappear.” When she finished saying this, she looked at him and he had a look of concern.

 

“Did ‘it’ convince you?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“It….did. All I had to do was let go. I felt like I had no care in the world. I didn’t feel sadness or pain. I was free.” Taeyeon said.

 

“……..” Baekhyun was at loss for words. Taeyeon thought was weird because that never happened, he always had something to say. This was not a good sign.

 

“Baek, why aren’t you saying anything?” She asked.

 

“I’m figuring out what I should say first.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Do you want to hear the good news or the bad news first?” He asked.

 

“The good news.” Taeyeon said.

 

“The good news is that we’re finally able to talk.” 

 

“I don’t think it’s the best time for your jokes.”

 

“That wasn’t a joke. Sorry but there is no good news. I just said that because I 

didn’t want you to freak out.” Baekhyun said.

 

“So wh-what’s the bad news?” Taeyeon hesitantly asked.

 

“Well first is that I can’t find the people your supposed to eliminate.”

 

“What?! Then how am I supposed to get rid of ‘it‘?” Taeyeon couldn’t believe this was happening. She thought things would work out and she would get better. But things weren’t going like she thought they would.

 

“Second, I don’t think it was going to work anyway.” Baekhyun said. He wasn’t planning to tell her so soon, but she would’ve found out sooner or later.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because it looks like ‘it’ has already taken control over you.” Baekhyun told her.

 

“You don’t know that. I’m still me.”

 

“For now you are. Taeyeon you’ve been seeing ‘it’ in your dreams and now you aren’t even sure what is real and what isn’t.” He explained.

 

“Didn’t you see ‘it’ in your dreams?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“…..no, I didn’t. That’s why I’m telling you this.”

 

“There has to be something we can do. It can’t end like this.” Taeyeon began to freak out. Baekhyun was basically telling her its over. Just when she thinks things are getting better, it comes back like a slap to the face.

 

“I‘ll try and figure out what else we can do. I just don’t want you to expect anything.” Baekhyun didn’t want to be the one to tell her all this because he could see so much sadness and confusion. He knew she wasn’t taking it very well. Baekhyun was about to put his hand on her shoulder to try and comfort her but she slapped it away. Then she quickly grabbed him by the neck with one hand and pulled him up off his feat.

 

“You think you can stop me?" ‘It’ asked.

 

“T-Taeyeon….what are you d-doing?” Baekhyun was gasping for air.

 

“You really think you can help her?”

 

“L-leave her….alone.” It was unbelievable how strong she was.

 

“Your wasting your time like everyone else.”

 

“I know th-there’s…a way….to stop you.”

 

“You can’t stop me. All I have to do is wait until the month is over or until she opens and tells someone. She might even give in freely.” 

 

“B-But she t-told me.” Baekhyun tried to speak.

 

“It’s not the same. You’re like her, I mean you were.”

 

“What if…..she d-doesn’t let you t-take control?”

 

“She knows what will happen if she doesn’t. I always get what I want and I always win. I also know you haven’t told her there are people that kill people like her and you. Oh and one more thing, don’t tell her I talked to you or else.” She finally let go. He started coughing.

 

“Taeyeon?” 


 

“Huh? What happened?”

 

“You don’t remember?” He asked.

 

“We were talking right. Are you okay?” She asked. She noticed he was trying to catch his air, but she wasn’t sure why.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

 

“All I remember is talking to you and then its just blank.” Taeyeon said.

 

“You have a lot on your mind, you need to calm down. I’ll see what I can do, okay?”

 

“Wait, your leaving?”

 

“I’ll talk to you later.” He didn’t want to alarm Taeyeon more than he already had. Plus if he opened his mouth about what just happened, who knows all the bad things that could happen. He could tell ‘it’ wasn’t joking.

 

“How long are you going to be gone?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Just promise me you’ll be careful. If you feel like your being followed, just run as fast as you can okay.” Baekhyun said. He’s never looked this worried.

 

“What are you talking about? Who would be following me?” She was confused. 

 

“See you soon.” He said. He took one last look around before he was sure it was safe. Things were getting even stranger know. She remembered Baekhyun telling her that there were things she still didn’t know and that it was better she didn’t. Now she wondered why?

 

“What the hell is going on?” She asked no one.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yuri still hadn’t moved from the couch. She found no reason to. She had begun to cry.  She was staring at whatever was in front of her. Then the front door opened. When she heard the door close, she snapped out of it. She wiped her tears away and tried to compose herself so he wouldn’t notice she was crying.

 

“Your home early today.” Her father said to her.

 

“So are you.” She simply said.

 

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

 

“You don’t care.”

 

“Yes I do Yuri. You my daughter.”

 

“Fathers don’t threaten their kids.” She said. She didn’t want to start an argument but Yuri blamed her father for what happened with Taeyeon. If he would’ve never called, Taeyeon would’ve never found out. She was planning to tell Taeyeon who her father was, but her own way. Now Taeyeon doesn’t trust her.

 

“I didn’t threaten you.”

 

“Really? Your threat was sending me away if I didn’t choose to stop seeing Taeyeon.”

 

“It wasn’t a threat. I’m doing it for-”

 

“For my own good right. You’ve said that a thousand times.” She cut him off. She already knew what he was going to say. No matter how many times he said it, she still didn’t believe it.

 

“You don’t know her. She’s dangerous.” He said.

 

“No she isn’t. She’s a better person than you.”

 

“How do you know that? She was in the hospital for a reason Yuri.”

 

“I don’t care if she was in the hospital.”

 

“Well she was the one who put you in the hospital.”

 

“How do you know?” She asked.

 

“I told you I’d find out. You disobeyed me and you lied to me.” He said.

 

“Are you going to send away now?” Yuri asked looking up at him.

 

“If that’s what I have to do, then yes.” He said with no remorse in his voice. Yuri could tell he wasn’t joking, he was being very serious about sending her away.

 

“Well you wont have to.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because you got what you wanted. She doesn’t want to see me anymore.” She said. She told him this to keep him off her back, it was the truth but in reality she was going to keep fighting for Taeyeon and win her trust back.

 

“So that’s why your like this. Its for the best.”

 

“Just leave me alone.” She told him. He did what she asked and left her alone. She noticed he said the same thing Taeyeon did, ‘Its for the best’. ‘Could it just be coincidence or…’ she thought.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author’s Note:

Hello there my beautiful subscribers. Who else is excited for Taeyeon's solo album? I fricken am!!! I tired making this chapter longer, hope you like it. Have you noticed nothing ever goes right in this story. Anyway, please vote, subscribe, and leave a comment. TaeNy is winning…….how long will that last? Oh and one more thing, check out my new story called Beautiful Stranger. Peace Out!!!