Chapter 12: Hurting You

Secret (Discontinued)

Taeyeon woke up early to take a shower and get ready for school. She thought taking a hot shower would relax her a bit, but it didn’t. She felt nervous, scared, and she felt like throwing up. ‘If Yuri does show up, what do I say?’ she thought to herself. She had to admit, Yuri was an intimidating person. She was finished getting ready and went downstairs.

 

“Good morning sweetie.” Her mother said. Taeyeon gave her a slight smile. “Are you okay?” She asked.

 

“I’m okay.”

 

“Are you sure? You seem bothered by something.”

 

“Nope, everything’s okay.” Taeyeon lied. She didn’t like lying but since that’s all she did, she became good at it. She’s lied so many times that she couldn’t keep track of all of them.

 

“If you say so. Eat something before you go.”

 

“I’m not really hungry, I think I’ll just go.” Taeyeon said putting her backpack on.

 

“You have to eat something Taeyeon. It’s not good to have an empty stomach.” Her mother said with concern in her voice.

 

“I’ll get something at school, I have to go, bye mom.” Taeyeon said before walking out the door. She walked out too quickly to hear her mother’s response. Now she had two people to worry about, Tiffany and Yuri. ‘Can things get any worse?’ Taeyeon said to herself. 

 

While walking she couldn’t help but feel like someone was following her. She looked around but she didn’t see anyone. She told herself she was being paranoid and shrugged it off. She was getting closer to school and looked around to see if Yuri was anywhere in sight, but she didn’t see her. She was almost to the entrance of school, then she saw her. 

 

Yuri was standing not too far from her. She looked fine, except for the fact that she had a white patch on the side of her head. Taeyeon froze when Yuri made eye contact with her. Taeyeon couldn’t face her, so she turned around and walked away.

 

“Taeyeon wait!” Yuri called. But Taeyeon didn’t stop, so Yuri went after her. Taeyeon looked back and saw Yuri was following her so the first instinct she was run.

 

“Yuri don’t.” Jessica said, but it was too late to stop her. Jessica then spotted Tiffany and she walked towards her. “Tiffany.” Jessica said.

 

“Yes?” Tiffany said.

 

“My name’s Jessica, we have classes together. I’m Yuri’s friend.”

 

“Right.” Tiffany said not to happy to hear Yuri’s name.

 

“I just need to ask you a few things.” Jessica said.

 

“About?”

 

“About Taeyeon.”

 

“Why would you ask me about her?” Tiffany asked with a cold tone.

 

“I know she’s your friend.”

 

“No, she isn’t.”

 

“But you were.”

 

“So.”

 

“Is Taeyeon the reason you don’t like Yuri? What happened between you and Taeyeon?” Jessica asked.

 

“What happened between Taeyeon and I is none of your business.” Tiffany said not too happy.

 

“Your right…….we need to talk?”

 

“Why?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Because I need your help.” Jessica said.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It didn’t take long for Yuri to reach Taeyeon.     Yuri was more athletic and she had longer legs. They weren’t too far from school. 

 

“Taeyeon stop running!” Yuri said getting in front of her.

 

“…….” Taeyeon was panting and wasn’t sure what to say.

 

“Why are you running from me?” Yuri asked. She could see how frightened Taeyeon was.

 

“…….” She still wouldn’t speak.

 

“Are you afraid of me?” Yuri asked. Taeyeon shifted her gaze down to the floor and tried to control her breathing before she spoke.

 

“I’m afraid……of what I’ll do to you.” Taeyeon said.

 

“You were just upset. It was my fault for not telling you.” Yuri said.

 

“I wasn’t upset.” Taeyeon said.

 

“I understand why you acted like that.”

 

“I was angry, furious. I couldn’t believe you lied to me.” Taeyeon said. She was still mad at the fact that Yuri had lied to her, Taeyeon trusted her and Yuri broke that trust.

 

“I’m sorry, I should’ve told you the truth.” Yuri tried grabbing Taeyeon’s hand, but she moved it away.

 

“You say you understand, but you don’t. There are things you don’t know about me. You don’t know the half of it. What I did yesterday could’ve been worse. You know that’s not the first time I’ve done it to you.” Taeyeon said. She couldn’t look at Yuri in the eyes.

 

“It was my fault you acted that way.” Yuri said.

 

“There’s something seriously wrong with me, but I can’t tell you. I’m not even sure I believe it, but its hard to explain. Your going to want me to tell you and when I don’t, your going to leave.” Taeyeon said still looking at the floor.

 

“I know it’s the secret your keeping and that‘s why Tiffany left, right? But I‘m here to stay. I just want to help you.” Yuri knew better than to bring up Tiffany but she had no choice, she wanted to know what was going on. She couldn’t bare seeing Taeyeon with so much pain.

 

“I don’t want to talk about Tiffany.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“Because she’s a reminder of what happened between her and I, and it frightens me that its going to happened with you and me.”

 

“So I’m right. She left because you wouldn’t tell her the truth.” Yuri could tell how much it hurt Taeyeon talking about Tiffany. It made Yuri jealous. 

 

“Every time I hear her name I remember what happened……I remember everything. I hurt her countless times. I knew sooner or later she was going to leave, but when it happened, I didn’t want to believe it. I’ve tried so hard to get her back, I don’t know what else to do. Everything that’s happened is my fault.”

 

“You like her, don’t you?” Yuri asked.

 

“I do……you have no idea. I’d do anything for her.” Taeyeon said. Those were the two words she didn’t want to hear. 

 

“That’s why you keep fighting for her.” Yuri tried not to show how much it hurt her knowing Taeyeon loved someone else.

 

“Yeah, but nothing I do or say seems to work.”

 

“I’m here.”

 

“You are, but she isn’t.”

 

“Why do you keep fighting for someone who doesn’t care about you anymore?” Yuri began to raise her voice. She wanted to be the one Taeyeon cared about, not Tiffany.

 

“Why are you still here?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Because I still care.”

 

“Even after what I’ve don’t to you?” Taeyeon couldn’t understand why Yuri still stuck by her side, if all she’s done is hurt her.

 

“I don’t care about that.”

 

“But I do.” Taeyeon said finally looking up at her. Yuri thought she should take this chance to tell Taeyeon how she felt, but knowing Taeyeon liked Tiffany kept her from doing so.

 

“I think  you’re a good person.” Yuri said. She wanted to tell Taeyeon she loved her with all she had. She knew it would sound crazy considering she hasn’t known Taeyeon too long, but it was the truth. How she loved that beautiful smile of hers.

 

“I was.”

 

“I think you are and no one can change my mind. I want you to trust me again.“ Yuri said. She wasn’t going to give up.

 

“I don’t think we should keep being friends.” Taeyeon said.

 

“What? Why?” Yuri definitely didn’t want to hear that. 

 

“I don’t want to keep hurting you.”

 

“Please don’t ask me to stop being your friend.” Yuri said with so much hurt in her voice.

 

“It’s for the best.”

 

“The best for you or for me?” There was no way Yuri was going to stop seeing Taeyeon, she couldn’t.

 

“I know your trying to help me, but I’m just going to end up hurting you.”

 

“Your hurting me by telling me this.” Yuri said.

 

“I’m sorry Yuri.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Does our friendship not mean anything to you?” Yuri asked.

 

“Of course it does, but-”

 

“But Tiffany means more to you, right?” Yuri was trying so hard not to cry.

 

“I’ve known her my whole life, I can’t just let it end like this.”

 

“Well I don’t want us to end like this either.”

 

“You have lots of friends, you don’t need me.”

 

“You don’t get it.” Yuri felt frustrated because Taeyeon couldn’t see that she loved her.

 

“I’m sorry, but it’s better this way.”

 

“Taeyeon, I-I can’t.”

 

“Yes you can.” Taeyeon said. Yuri had to tell her.

 

“No, I can’t because……I lo-” Before Yuri could finish, she was interrupted by a phone call. She took it out of her pocket and looked at the caller ID, but she didn’t answer it.

 

“Are you not going to answer?” Taeyeon asked wondering who it was. After it was done ringing, she put it back in her pocket.

 

“We should talk about this another time.” Yuri suggested.

 

“There wont be another time Yuri.” 

 

“Please don’t do this.” Yuri pleaded.

 

“I could never forgive myself if I did something worse.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Tiffany doesn’t care about you like I do. Can’t you see that?” Yuri said.

 

“We should start heading back.” Taeyeon said. Yuri couldn’t believe this was going to be the last time they spoke. Taeyeon began to walk and Yuri silently followed. She was still processing everything that just happened. It didn’t take them long to arrive to school. When they were asked by the teacher why they were late, Taeyeon made up a lie saying they were late because the car wouldn’t start. They just got a warning to not be late again.

 

The rest of the school day went by and Taeyeon, Yuri, Tiffany, and Jessica didn’t say a word to each other. Jessica didn’t want to ask Yuri what happened because she noticed Yuri looked out of it. And of course Tiffany wasn’t speaking to Taeyeon. The bell finally rung and school was over. Jessica tried to make conversation.

 

“We should do something.” Jessica said.

 

“I’m going home.” Yuri said.

 

“Oh okay.” Jessica said. She saw Yuri walk out of the building and Jessica took her phone out. 

 

[To unknown]

 

Did you do what I asked? (Sent)

 

[From unknown]

 

Yes. (Received)

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Author’s Note:

What’s Jessica up to???? Annyeong chingu!! I was hoping to update on New Years but I couldn’t. Sorry for the short update. Hope you like it. Please comment, love reading them. Have any questions, just ask.  Peace Out!!!