Chapter 10: Liar

Secret (Discontinued)

Friday, a new day. Taeyeon was finished getting ready for school and went down stairs to get something to eat. She was running a little late so she had to grab a fast breakfast. She took an apple and was out the door. She could have gotten a ride but she wanted to be by herself for a little while at least. She thought about the conversation she had with Baekhyun yesterday. “How the hell am I going to face Tiffany today?” Taeyeon asked herself. Taeyeon couldn’t even make eye contact with her yesterday, and now she wasn’t even going to be able to look up. Taeyeon could skip school and go somewhere else but she can’t do that forever so why not get it over with. She finished her apple and was arriving to school.

“Taengoo~” Sunny said out of nowhere.

“Hey Sunny. I didn’t see you coming.”

“I can see that. Is everything okay?” Sunny asked with a worried tone.

“I’m not really sure.” Taeyeon said.

“Did you talk to Tiffany?” Sunny asked.

“Kind of. I don’t want to sound mean but I kind of want to be alone right now.”

“Yeah sure I’ll give you your space.” Sunny said with a slight smile.

“Thanks. Gotta go.” Taeyeon said. She didn’t really want to talk about what happened because she was sure she would be asked a lot of questions that she wasn’t sure how to answer. She went to class as usual and she ran into Yuri, but she didn’t say a word and didn’t even look at her. Taeyeon walked behind her and she sat in her seat. Tiffany’s seat was empty so she wasn’t there yet. The class started to fill with students and soon the bell rung. Tiffany got there before the bell rung, but she didn’t even look at Taeyeon. Right away her body became tense.

The lesson had begun and it was like Taeyeon had turned deaf. She had tuned out the sound and all she could hear was the rapid beat of her heart. It was so clear it almost sounded like her heart was in her head. Her hands began to get sweaty and she couldn’t stop fiddling with her fingers. She found it difficult to breath. She rose from her seat and quickly walked out the door. She needed air so she speed walked to the field in the back of the school. She sat on the bench and tried to control her breathing.

“What’s wrong?” Someone asked in a cold voice. Taeyeon didn’t want to look up because she knew who it was. “The teacher asked me to come look for you to make sure you’re okay. By the looks of it you seem fine.” She said beginning to walk away.

“I’m sorry.” Taeyeon spoke.

“Your apologies mean nothing to me.” Tiffany coldly said.

“Can you at least stop and talk to me?” Taeyeon said standing.

“Why? So you can keep lying to me. No thank you.”

“Please just stop.” Taeyeon said pulling her by the arm so she wouldn’t leave.

“Taeyeon, let go." Tiffany said beginning to get mad. Taeyeon’s touch made her vulnerable and she didn’t want to see Taeyeon notice what she did to her. She had to look tough.

“I’m sorry for all the things I did to you, but I can’t take them back. All I can do is apologize. I know you hate me, and it kills me knowing it.” Taeyeon said.

“Then forget about it. I did. I forgot we ever had a friendship, the things we used to do together, the laughs we shared, your smile, all of it I learned to forget. You say the things I’m doing hurt you, but did you forget you hurt me first. I’m this way because of you. I’m done with your apologies and I’m done with you.” Tiffany said pulling her arm away.

“I don’t believe you. What about what happened yesterday?” Taeyeon asked.

“Nothing happened.”

“I kissed you and you kissed me back. You can’t forget that.”

“I didn’t kiss you back.” Tiffany said not wanting to admit it.

“Tiffany, what do I have to do to make you forgive me?” Taeyeon asked. Tears were threatening to leave her fatigued eyes.

“You can’t fix what’s already been broken. Just stop doing this.” Tiffany said changing her tone to a softer one. It broke Tiffany’s heart seeing Taeyeon like this but she was afraid that if she were to forgive Taeyeon things wouldn’t change and Taeyeon would still be a stranger. She didn’t want to get hurt again.

“I don’t know what else to do.” Taeyeon said falling to her knees. Tiffany just watched her. She wanted to hold Taeyeon in her arms but instead she clenched her fists and forced herself to refrain from doing so. Tears began running down Taeyeon’s face. She was waiting for Tiffany to say or do something, but she just stood there. Taeyeon was out of options. If she wanted Tiffany to believe to her, she was going to have to tell her the truth no matter how stupid it was going to sound but she couldn’t. Taeyeon finally spoke. “Even if I told you the truth, you wouldn’t believe me.”

“That’s all I’ve wanted all this time….the truth.”

“Then I’ll give it to you.”

“Then tell me.” Tiffany said waiting.

“Not right now.”

“I knew you weren’t going to tell me.”

“I will, just not right now. I need time.”

“I’m done giving you my time. All I’ve ever wanted was the truth and you wont tell me. I don’t believe anything you say anymore because all you do is lie to me.” Tiffany said snapping back.

“Its not that easy.” Taeyeon said.

“Why not? All you have to do is tell me.”

“I want to I really do, but I can’t.” Taeyeon said. She couldn’t tell her. She was scared of what could happen if she did.

“You can’t or you wont.”

“I can’t. I know you don’t trust me but give me one more chance….please……” Taeyeon pleaded. She didn’t want to lose Tiffany. 

“You can’t tell me, so I can’t give you one more chance. We need to get back to class. You can either come back with me or stay here.”

“………” Taeyeon didn’t speak.

“Fine I’m leaving.” Tiffany said walking away. Taeyeon was still on her knees. She just watched Tiffany walk away. It was clear to Taeyeon that Tiffany didn’t care about her anymore….or at least that’s what Taeyeon thought. She wasn’t sure if she wanted to go back to class or not. She slowly stood up and dusted herself off.

“For some reason I thought it would be easier coming back and being myself. I guess it doesn’t make a difference if I’m here or not. Tiffany still hates me either way……..what difference will it make if I find and kill the people that hurt Tiffany. I should just give up.” Taeyeon said to no one. She was out of options and the only thing she could do was tell Tiffany the truth, but what would happen if she told? That’s the only thing that was holding her back. Taeyeon was afraid of what could happen if she told. Taeyeon knew if she didn’t come up with something fast to convince Tiffany, she would lose her for good….or maybe she already had.

She was going to have to talk to Yuri about what she saw and heard. She didn’t mean to say those things, but it was true. Yuri was just a friend and Taeyeon wanted everyday for Tiffany to walk through that door with that eye smile of hers that would brighten Taeyeon’s day in an instant. But she had to admit she liked having Yuri there. She didn’t even know Taeyeon but she still took the time to visit her everyday. She thanked Yuri for being there for her but she had a connection with Tiffany. Even if she tried to part from Tiffany she wouldn’t be able to. She would always find her way back to her no matter what. With Yuri she could be herself and she wouldn’t be judged. She liked having Yuri around, but her priority right now was making sure she didn’t lose Tiffany. 

Taeyeon then realized she hadn’t moved from where she was standing. She wanted to go somewhere else but here. She thought of ditching school, but that would just cause more problems. So she ended up going back to class. When she arrived all eyes were on her.

“Are you okay Ms. Kim?” The teacher asked.

“I’m fine.”

“If you don’t feel well you should call your parents to take you home.”

“It’s okay.”

“Why don’t we proceed with the class then, please take a seat.” The teacher said. Taeyeon did as she was told and went to her seat. Before she got to her seat she looked up and saw Yuri looking at her with a concerned look and Taeyeon slightly smiled telling her she was okay. Then sat down. Tiffany didn’t look at her at all. The rest of the school day went by as awkward as ever. ‘Thank God it’s Friday’ Taeyeon thought. 

The school day was over and Taeyeon was by her locker. There were pictures of both her and Tiffany on her locker. They were happy. ‘How things have changed’ Taeyeon thought to herself. She would give anything to go back to those moments.

“Taeyeon?” Someone called.

“Hmm?” Taeyeon turned to the person who called her name.

“Are you okay?”

“Not really.” Taeyeon answered honestly.

“Why don’t we go for some ice cream?”

“Yuri I-”

“Come on. I know it’ll cheer you up.” Yuri said interrupting her.

“I guess.”

“Great, let’s go.” Yuri said. They got into Yuri’s car and drove off. Taeyeon didn’t say a word. Yuri wanted to say something but she didn’t want to make it more awkward than it already was. They made it to the ice cream shop. “What flavor do you want?” Yuri asked.

“Strawberry.” Taeyeon said. Yuri got chocolate. They sat outside the shop. Yuri could see Taeyeon wasn’t okay, but she didn’t have to ask why.

“I don’t like seeing you like this.” Yuri finally said.

“Seeing me like what? I’m fine.” Taeyeon said not looking up at Yuri.

“Stop saying your fine because you clearly aren’t.”

“Why are you even bothering with me? I’m just going to end up hurting you.” Taeyeon said.

“I care about you Taeyeon.” Yuri said.

“You say that, but your going to end up leaving.” Taeyeon said.

“I mean it.” Yuri said.

“Aren’t you curious?” Taeyeon asked finally looking up at her.

“About what?”

“About why Tiffany hates me so much? Why I was in the hospital? Why the only friend I have left is Sunny?” Taeyeon was on the verge of tears.

“I didn’t think it was any of my business to ask.”

“Or why I was so rude to you when we first met? I know your dying to ask.” Taeyeon said. She wasn’t very happy and talking about it didn’t help. She was getting angry. She knew sooner or later Yuri was going to ask.

“Fine. Your right I want to know. I want to know why your never happy, why you never smile, why you keep going after Tiffany when all she’s doing is hurting you.” Yuri said admitting it.

“You don’t get it…….I hurt Tiffany first. Everything is my fault.” 

“Maybe you can’t fix things between you two.” Yuri said.

“I have to try.”

“For how long?”

“Until she forgives me.” Taeyeon said with a trembling voice.

“Do you think she will?” Yuri asked.

“I…don’t know.” Taeyeon said shifting her gaze somewhere else.

“Doing this is just going to keep causing you pain.”

“I know, but I deserve it.”

“No you don’t. Your not a bad person.”

“How do you know? You don’t know me.”

“Yes I do.”

“Just because we talked when I was in the hospital doesn’t mean you know everything about me. You don’t know half of it……have you forgotten I pushed you?” Taeyeon said. She didn’t want to be mean, but her anger was taking over and couldn’t control what she was saying.

“I dent care what you did. I just want to know what’s wrong.”

“Believe me, your not the only one who wants to know. Everyone asks me that question……..I can’t answer it.” Taeyeon said.

“Why not?”

“I don’t want to talk about this anymore.”

“You have can’t keep running away from your problems.” Yuri said raising her voice.

“Just stop….please.” Taeyeon said.

“Taeyeon I-” Yuri’s phone began to ring. It was on the table and Taeyeon was able to see the caller ID. Yuri didn’t answer it and let it go to voice mail. She didn’t realize Taeyeon saw who it was.

“Kwon?” Taeyeon said in a low voice.

“What?”

“Is your last name, Kwon?” Taeyeon asked. She was hoping Yuri would say no.

“Yes, why-” Yuri didn’t finish. She then realized why Taeyeon asked. “Taeyeon I can explain.”

“How could you lie to me?”

“Its not like that.”

“Yes it is.”

“Technically I didn’t lie. You never asked.” Yuri said trying to justify her reason why she didn’t tell Taeyeon.

“You still didn’t tell me even after I told you it was he who was keeping me there.”

“I didn’t think it mattered.”

“Are you kidding me?” Taeyeon said in disbelief.

“Just let me explain.”

“Did you know your father was keeping me there even before I told you?”

“What happened was-”

“Did you?!” Taeyeon yelled.

“No I didn’t.”

“But you still didn’t tell me afterwards. He put you up to this didn’t he?” Taeyeon said in a mad tone.

“No he didn’t.” Yuri said. She wanted to explain but Taeyeon wouldn’t let her.

“Stop lying?” Taeyeon said angrily. She didn’t believe what Yuri said anymore.

“I swear he had nothing to do with me seeing you.” Yuri said trying to convince her.

“I thought you were different…….you’re a liar.” Taeyeon said getting up.

“Wait.” Yuri grabbed her arm.

“Don’t touch me!” Taeyeon said furious. She yanked her arm away and flipped the table over causing Yuri to fall backwards. Taeyeon ran away. Yuri was out cold and the owner called for an ambulance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author’s Note:

OMG what the hell just happened? Here is another update and I hope you enjoy. Please vote for my story and leave a comment. Love to read them. YulTae VS. TaeNy! Peace Out!!!