Chapter 1: I'm You

Secret (Discontinued)

(Before you start reading this story, you should know I stopped writing it and I will be rewriting this story. COMING SOON!!!)

 

“Taeyeon……Taeyeon....Are you even listening to me?” Tiffany said to Taeyeon who was too absorbed in her thoughts that she wasn’t paying attention to what Tiffany was telling her. They were having lunch outside of the school. There were so many people around. Some were just sitting down in the grass just eating their lunch and talking, others were fooling around chasing each other. But Taeyeon and Tiffany were in their spot under a big tree where it hid them from the heat of the sun. That was the spot they’ve always sat in, except when it rained or snowed they would stay inside. Taeyeon and Tiffany were in their sophomore year of high school.

 

“Huh? What were you saying?” Taeyeon said snapping out of it.

 

“Wow Taengoo, I’ve been talking to you for the past fifteen minutes and you haven’t even been listening to me.” Tiffany said pouting.

 

“I was listening to you, but then I started thinking about something else and……sorry what were you telling me?”

 

“I was saying that how are you going to bring your grades up so we can hang out or do something fun.”

 

“I’m not sure.”

 

“Well you need to think of something or else your parents won’t let you go out if your grades are bad…..and I really want us to hang out.”

 

“I know, but I don’t think it will be anytime soon. My grades are really bad and I don’t have time to stay after school and get them up.” Taeyeon said playing with her phone.

 

“Awww come on you can at least try. Don’t you want to hang with me?”

 

“I do but-“

 

“Then make an effort to improve your grades and we’ll be able to. Please~ Pretty Please~” Tiffany said, showing some aego to try and convince Taeyeon.

 

“I’ll try, but I won’t make any promises.”

 

“Okay then as long as you try.” The bell rung and it was time for them to get back to class. Tiffany got up and was about to help Taeyeon up, but Taeyeon didn’t take her hand. She got up herself. Tiffany didn’t say anything about it because she didn’t want to make a big deal out of it, and was afraid that she might make Taeyeon angry. They had all their classes together. Their next class after lunch was math. Taeyeon’s grades were bad, but not because she was dumb, she just didn’t try. Tiffany tried tutoring her a few times, but she wasn’t very good at it. She tried helping in other ways, but Taeyeon would just say, 'What’s the point,' or 'I don’t need help,' and there was nothing Tiffany could do. They made it to math class and sat down in their seats.

 

“Okay class, settle down. I know you just had lunch and a lot of you have a lot of energy right now, but we’re in class now and I need you to be quiet.” Miss Boa said. “Today we will be learning about……,” and she just went on and on about whatever they were learning. Most students were paying attention including Tiffany, but Taeyeon like always was either falling asleep or in dream land.

 

“Psst…,” Tiffany called Taeyeon silently, and Taeyeon turned to her with a look that said ‘what.’ “Pay attention,” but Taeyeon said no and put her head down to sleep. Class was almost going to be over.

 

“We will be having a test tomorrow, and for those of you with bad grades, this can be your chance to improve it. If you do well on this test it can bump you up a whole letter grade, maybe even two……and for the students who need help with the material, I have made a tutoring group after school that will be able to help those you that need it. I’m giving you an opportunity, don’t waste. And the tutoring is not just for math, it is also for other subjects you might need help with…..okay class is almost over, you can start packing up, see you tomorrow.” Right when everyone heard her say they can start to pack up, they didn’t even think twice and immediately got their things and waited till the bell rung.

 

“Taeyeon did you hear what the teacher said?”

 

“Yeah….so.”

 

“So? This means you can get your grades up.” Tiffany was more excited that Taeyeon.

 

“I probably won’t come.” Taeyeon said with no emotion. The teacher was able to hear what she had said.

 

“Taeyeon, am I going to see you after school?” Miss Boa asked.

 

“Probably not, I have things to do after school.”

 

“Nice try, but I already spoke to your parents and they said it was okay for you to come after school for tutoring. In fact they strongly recommend you do it.” Taeyeon didn’t say anything, she just looked away, and the teacher left.

 

“I guess you have to stay then, but at least it will help you out.” Tiffany said trying to cheer Taeyeon up.

 

“Great, I’m going to waste and hour of my life after school for nothing.” Taeyeon said.

 

“No you won’t.” Then the bell rang and they were off to their last period which was P.E (Physical Education). They went to the girls’ locker room to change into their P.E clothes.

 

“Okay students, we will be running today.” Mr. Yunho said, and after he said this everyone started to wine about it saying ‘we ran yesterday, why do we have to do it today?’ “Stop your winning. We will run where we always do which is the forest run. Remember follow the trail and you won’t get lost.” Then everyone went outside and started to run….well most of them did, others just walked at their own pace. Taeyeon decided to walk and since Tiffany wanted to get it over with she ran and left Taeyeon behind.

 

Taeyeon liked walking by herself sometimes because it made it so she could think clearly about things and no one would bother her. ‘I don’t understand why we have to come to school…..*sigh* it’s such a drag,’ she thought to herself. She was too much into to her own thoughts that she didn’t realize she wasn’t following the trail and by the time she noticed, it was too late to turn back.

 

“Oh no, where am I. Damn it I wasn’t paying attention to where I was going. Great how am I supposed to get back now?” She just began to walk in any direction she thought would get her back to the trail. She didn’t really care that she got lost because that meant she didn’t have to get back to school. She had been walking for about ten minutes and then she heard someone calling her name.

 

“TAEYEON! TAEYEON!” That person called. Taeyeon began to walk in the direction from where the yelling was coming from. She finally found the trail.

 

“I’m right here.”

 

“Oh My Gosh Taeyeon I thought I lost you.” Tiffany said running up to Taeyeon and embracing her in a huge hug.

 

“Lost me? Eventually you would have found me…..and how did you know I got lost?”

 

“Some of the students said they saw you walking the wrong direction and I said I would go look for you.”

 

“Fany-ah you can let go of me now. I’m here aren’t I?”

 

“Oh sorry. I was just scared that you wouldn’t be able to find your way back.” With that Tiffany let go and they started walking back. After they got to school they both went straight to the locker room to clean up and change. When they were finished the bell rang and school was over.

 

“Ummm Taeyeon?”

 

“What?”

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“Home, where else would I be going.”

 

“You can’t go home. Remember you have to go to tutorial.”

 

“No I don’t.”

 

“Yes you do.” Someone said form behind Taeyeon, and it was no other than Boa the math teacher. Boa took Taeyeon by the arm and took her to the library where tutorial would be held. Tiffany said bye to her and that she would call her later. Boa seated Taeyeon in a table by herself. No one else was there, it was just her. “Wait here. Your tutor will be here in just a minute, and Taeyeon please make an effort. You can make your grades better if you just try.”

 

“How long do I have to stay?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Probably only about an hour. But you’ll talk about that with your tutor.”

 

“Well then why isn’t anyone else her but me?”

 

“Because other kids wouldn’t have come, so I made sure you specifically came, and I believe you can do great things and I think all you need is someone to motivate you. So I made sure you get tutoring.”

 

“Believe me people have tried to motivate me and it doesn’t work.”

 

“We’ll see. Just wait here, and don’t leave.” Boa told Taeyeon, and then she left and Taeyeon was left in the library. Taeyeon was bored so she started playing games on her phone. Then to pass the time she began to sing. (Song: Jasmine Thompson- Willow) (I only used part of the song and you should listen to it, it’s a really nice song.)

 

I wouldn’t leave you
I would hold you
When the last day comes
What if you need me
Won’t you hold me
On the last day, our last day

Somewhere the timing will all come together

The mishaps will turn into sunny Decembers

The lovers will be able to find their willow

 

And while Taeyeon was singing she didn’t notice someone come in. The person that came in heard singing and wondered who it was. So she quietly walked towards where she heard the singing. When she found the person that was singing, it was a girl. She wasn’t sure who the girl singing was.

 

“You have a lovely voice.” The girl told Taeyeon, and startled her.

 

“Oh I didn’t see you come in, are you the person who’s going to be my tutor?”

 

“Yup that’s me. I’m Yuri, what’s your name?” Yuri was a junior.

 

“My name is Taeyeon, and not to be rude or anything but how long am I going to have to stay here?”

 

“We haven’t even started and you already want to leave?” Yuri said sitting down.

 

“It wasn’t my idea to be here in the first place ya know.”

 

“So you have to be here.”

 

“Yeah, basically.”

 

“Let’s start then……what do you want to start with.”

 

“We can start by letting me go home and say I was here.”

 

“Look Taeyeon if you keep acting like this you will get nowhere in life, do you understand that?”

 

“I have enough problems, so yes I understand, but I don’t care.”

 

“Let’s start with math.” Yuri said, ignoring what Taeyeon had told her just now. So Taeyeon took out a notebook and a pencil to begin. Yuri had the math book.

 

“Okay let’s start with basics and then the hard stuff.” Yuri said. Somehow Taeyeon always managed to not have to repeat the same math again. So it was like she was failing the classes but passing them. Yuri gave Taeyeon a few problems to work on and Taeyeon was getting them all right. So to try and see how much Taeyeon really knew, Yuri gave her a problem from a harder math class level. It only took Taeyeon a few minutes to figure it out and Yuri was impressed because it would have taken other kids mush longer, and Taeyeon hadn’t even learned the material yet. She was in Algebra II, and Yuri gave her a problem form Calculus. “Wow Taeyeon you’re really good at math. I don’t see how your grades are that bad.”

 

“I guess.” She said putting her pencil down and looking around because she was bored.

 

“You’re faking.”

 

“What?” Taeyeon said confused.

 

“You heard me. You’re faking your stupid. In reality you get everything that goes on in class, you just decide to not do it.” Yuri said with an eyebrow raised.

 

“Wow you’re a genius.” Taeyeon said sarcastically.

 

“So I’m right.”

 

“Duh.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Like I said I don’t care.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because…..why do you even want to know?”

 

“Because I want to know why you’re giving up when you’re capable of doing great things with your life. Yet you don’t use your knowledge and just waste your time doing nothing. Am I right?”

 

“You know nothing about me.”

 

“Then tell me.”

 

“It’s been an hour, can I leave?”

 

“No.”

 

“But it’s been an hour already. The teacher said it was only going to be an hour.”

 

“So….she’s not here. I say when you can leave.”

 

“What? You’re crazy…..I’m leaving.” Taeyeon said, getting all her things.

 

“I said you’re staying.” And with this Yuri grabbed her arm making sure she wouldn’t leave.

 

“Let go.”

 

“Taeyeon you can’t keep running away from your problems.”

 

“You know nothing about me. Stop trying to act like you know me. You know nothing.”

 

“Why do you want to leave so bad?”

 

“Can I just please go?”

 

“No, you will stay until I say you can leave, and that’s final.”

 

“Are you seriously going to keep me here?……I can tell on you.”

 

“Then tell, just remember it’s your word against mine. Who do think they’re going to believe, me or you.” Yuri said with a smirk.

 

“Who the hell are you?”

 

“I’m doing this for your own good Taeyeon; I’m just trying to help.”

 

“Why do you even care? We don’t know each other.”

 

“Because I don’t like seeing people that have potential, just throw their life away…..let me tell you something. I had a friend that was just like you. She didn’t care about anything and thought everything was just a big waste of time, but I helped her and she got her act together. And guess what?” Yuri said letting go of Taeyeon’s arm.

 

“*Sigh* What?”

 

“She doesn’t regret it. In fact she said that she didn’t know what would have happened if she didn’t seek for help. So please let me help you.”

 

“Love the story, but I have to go.” Taeyeon said sarcastically.

 

“Taeyeon sit down!” Yuri yelled.

 

“Or what?” Taeyeon said challenging her.

 

“Or I’ll make you.”

 

“I’d like to see you try.” Taeyeon said. They were both face to face. Taeyeon was turning around ready to leave and Yuri grabbed her by the arm again and held her back, but Taeyeon pushed Yuri with her free arm and caused her to fall on the floor. “Don’t mess with me; you have no idea what I’m capable of.” And with that Taeyeon started to walk away.

 

“Taeyeon wait!” But Taeyeon was already gone. “She’s short, but she sure has some strength……a challenge, I like that. Let’s see who wins.” Yuri said to no one. Taeyeon was walking home and she kept thinking about what she had done to the girl.

 

“I hope I didn’t hurt her.” She said to herself.

 

“She didn’t want to let you leave, what else were you supposed to do?” The other part of Taeyeon told her. The part of her she didn’t like because most of the time it would take over and the sweet Taeyeon would be a completely different person. When this side took over her, she didn’t care about anyone, and didn’t care what she did.

 

“Yeah, but I shouldn’t have been so aggressive. She was just trying to help me.”

 

“You don’t need help.”

 

“I know. You’re the one who needs the help not me. What the heck am I saying, that wasn’t me who did that to her, that was you.”

 

“You’d be nothing without me.”

 

“I’d be a hell of a lot better without you.”

“Don’t forget Taeyeon, I am you whether you like it or not.”

 

“................” Taeyeon didn’t say anything because she knew it was true; she just didn’t want to admit it to herself.

 

“I have control over you, and you know it.” And like that Taeyeon went emotionless again. That part of her keeps driving her more and more into darkness and soon she will have no way out. Sooner or later it will become one with her and Taeyeon will never be herself again. After a while of walking, Taeyeon finally got home.

 

“Taeyeon your home.” Her mother said.

 

“Yeah well I could have been here earlier, but I had to stay for stupid tutorial.”

 

“Taeyeon you have to understand that your mother and I are doing this for your own good.” Taeyeon’s father said.

 

“How many times have I told you that I don’t need help.”

 

“Why are you being like this? You used to be happy, and now every time you come home you’re always mad. Why?” Mrs. Kim said.

 

“Because you won’t stay out of my life. Why can’t you understand that I don’t need your help….I don’t need anyone’s help.” Then Taeyeon started walking to her room.

 

“Aren’t you going to eat?” Mrs. Kim asked her.

 

“I lost my appetite.” Taeyeon said slamming the door from her room. Her parents have no idea what’s going on with her and they’ve tried to help, but Taeyeon doesn’t let them. Taeyeon was on her bed just lying down. Then her phone started to vibrate.

 

“Great its Tiffany…..I don’t want to talk to her right now.” The other part of Taeyeon said.

 

“Let me speak to her then.” Taeyeon said.

 

“I don’t see how you can stand her.”

 

“She’s my best friend, and she cares about me.” Taeyeon said.

 

“Hmmm I’ve changed my mind; I think I will speak with her.”

 

“N-no please let me.” But ignored what Taeyeon said.

 

“This is going to be fun.” And she answered the phone, “Hello?”

 

“Hey Taeyeon, how did the tutoring go?”

 

“It was really boring.”

 

“So you did stay?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“For how long?”

 

“It was for just an hour.”

 

“Oh….how was your tutor?”

 

“She was a pain.”

 

“Why?”

 

“She wanted to keep me there longer, but I said no.”

 

“Really? What happed?”

 

“I got up and left.”

 

“Just like that?”

 

“I pushed her so she could let go of me.”

 

“You did what? Taeyeon, why would you do something like that?”

 

“She wouldn’t let me leave, so I did what I had to.”

 

“You could get in trouble.”

 

“So what? And you should be on my side.”

 

“I am but you can’t do that to people.”

 

“Tiffany I have things to do right now, so I’ll see you tomorrow.”

 

“What things.”

 

“Things okay bye.”

 

“Whatever Taeyeon.” Tiffany said before hanging up.

 

“Why are you so mean to her?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Because she annoys me. I could have said worse things you know.”

 

“What does hurting people get you?”

 

“It makes me happy.”

 

“Well stop because it makes me miserable.”

 

“Taeyeon, why do you keep fighting? You’re just fighting yourself.”

 

“I am nothing like you.”

 

“Oh don’t worry you will be.” Taeyeon stayed in her room the rest of the day. Her parents knocked on her door a few times, but she would just tell them to go away. Sometimes the other part of Taeyeon would not show up for a little while and she would think of all the bad things she had done. She’s wanted to apologize, but she was afraid they would get suspicious or think she’s bipolar or something. She decided to call Tiffany.

 

“……Fany-ah?”

 

“Taeyeon?”

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Things.” Tiffany said.

 

“I didn’t mean to hang up on you. It’s just I had a fight with my parents when I came home and I was in a bad mood.”

 

“Well sorry for trying to cheer you up.”

 

“I know I know it’s my fault.”

 

“Taeyeon, why don’t you ever talk to me anymore? Or anyone.”

 

“I do talk to you.”

 

“You know what I mean. You never let me help you with your problems. I try to talk to you and you just shut me out.”

 

“It’s not so simple to just talk about it.”

 

“It can be a start.”

 

“Tiffany I know your trying to help, but-“

 

“You don’t need it. Look Taeyeon I have homework and it’s getting late, see you tomorrow.” Tiffany said. Before Taeyeon could say anything else, Tiffany had already hung up.

 

“I’m sorry….” Taeyeon said to no one on the other line. She couldn’t hold her pain anymore and just broke down.

 

“Stop crying. You make yourself look weak.”

 

“G-go away, l-leave me alone.”

 

“See Taeyeon this is why you need me. I show no emotion and with me you will never feel pain, you will never feel sorrow, and most importantly you will never be weak. All that anger your feeling right now, all you have to do is let it out.”

 

“No….I don’t want to hurt people, I don’t want to be like you, I just want you to leave me alone….LEAVE ME ALONE!” Taeyeon screamed. The other part of her was doing this on purpose. She knew that if she got Taeyeon mad eventually she would hit the breaking point. Taeyeon was exhausted and all she wanted to do was sleep. She fell asleep and hoped all this was a dream. She knew it wasn’t, but it was nice to think of it that way. It helped her cope with things. She hated going to school or any other place because she never knew what her other side was capable of.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey guys thanks for the people who have subscribed to my story, I really apprreciate it, it means a lot. How was my first chapter? right....bare with me,  I'm not a very good writer. Please keep supporting my story and I might even post my other stories I'm working on. What do you think about Taeyeon? If anything is cofusing just ask and I will try to respond and soon as possible. Also I'm not sure how often I will be able to update my story. I'm giving you heads up by telling you that it might take me some time to update a new chapter because I go to school and I work. Follow me on Instagram @taeyeon_ lovensd. Thanks, Peace Out!!!