07

Bermuda Triangle

(SONG REQUEST: SHORT HAIR BY AOA)

A sign directing me to the front office was the only way that I would ever find it, I highly doubted anyone would aid me in this school. It was spoken through their cold glares that I was wondering how they slept at night, with a glass of warm milk or with everyone's words repeating gruesome things? I pitied that they had no hearts, for they would never truly discover their full potential. 

"Lost?" A face appeared before me. "I'm Chaerin. Lee Chaerin." She threw her hand in front of me, and I wearily shook it. She returned my puzzlement with a grin, I could almost confirm it was plastered there. Instead of allowing my hand to drop, she grabbed it and guided me inside the double doors that led to the entrance of the school. The office was to our right as we stood before a mural engraved into the center of the room, a skylight above reflecting the morning beam, displaying the school's initials embedded in a crown. 
"Name?" The lady at the front desk answered. "What's her name?" 
"Oh," I rubbed the back of my neck. "Tae Areum." Humiliated that I wasn't paying attention to where she was dragging me to. 
The accountant clicked away on her computer, probably scrolling through all of the transfers in this school just to search for a name that wouldn't be significant. With a tap of her mouse, the printer reveled, spewing multiple papers that would assist me for the following week. She handed me my class schedule, a school map, and time schedule with a glare. Her eyes bore into my skull, I felt it as I was rummaging through the papers, staring into the words that didn't make sense in my head. 
"Thank you, have a nice day, Jae," Chaerin spoke for me. I just bowed to her as I continued scanning my class schedule: Chemistry, Piano, Calculus, AP Government, AP Drawing, English, Gym. The exact classes I had in my other school, I didn't need to change any of my notebooks or folders. I was estatic, at least something was already familiar to me in this school but my joy was shot down as I pondered on the fact that the teacher I learned to deal with in my old school wouldn't be as strict as the ones here. I would have to place all my time and efforts studying for tests, homework and project assignments. In summary, ten times more work than before just so I could strive in the class list. 
Chaerin was still clutching onto my wrist, no matter how painful it was for me I didn't complain, she was the first person ever sparing some attention towards me; wanted attention. She informed me that for this week- because of the massive structure of this establishment- she was to tour me around the school so I could familiarize myself with the different sectors. The Math, English, History, Fine Arts, Science halls. It was almost too much to ingest in one day so spreading it through five days was less bombarding and mind-boggling. 
"Okay, first period," she leaned over to the papers in my hand. "Chemistry is first floor, other sciences are in the second and third story over here." She took us to the right when we exited the office, explaining that sector one was science on the east side of school. She half-dragged me up the stairs, not giving any thought to the people glancing in our direction. 
"I'll meet you here after this period, okay? Make sure to remember." She casted a grin down at me, ruffling my hair as if I was a child. 
"Why-" I gentle swatted her hand. "-are you doing that?"
"Because you're a cute junior."