12

Bermuda Triangle
Hanuel exited his side of the car, I glanced down at my phone for one final time for a text, traveling to my side to open the door. I mumbled my thanks shyly, slid the device back into the pocket of my skirt, and waited for him to lock the car. A couple of beeps rung in my ear before he linked his arm with mine and guided us to the front door. We were greeted by older women and men welcoming us and showing us to a table. A waitress came out from a set of double doors to bow kindly and with little word, hand the both of us menus. 
This place had the most options for flavors and toppings I have ever witnessed in my time of living. Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, blizzard mint, Rocky Road, out of the wazoo, don't forget the different types of sprinkles. I could even get snowflake sprinkles or smiley faces, you name it. 
"Did you decided what you're getting?" 
I glanced up at him with a blush- from embarrassment, I was immersed in the pictures- and nodded my head. "Cookies and cream." 
"I was thinking the same thing, would you like to share one?" 
I nodded my head again, the cheaper the better and I didn't want to burden him. I think I had a few singles in my pocket that I could spare. It was originally to purchase a water from the vending machine but this was an urgent time. I wasn't going to be a leech, especially when I just met Hanuel, that's not what friends are for.
"One cookies and cream, medium please." Hanuel winked at the lady and I found it adorable how she squirmed at him, even if she was a generation older. I still couldn't get over the fact at how polite and well-mannered Hanuel truly was, even if he was spoiled. Well, I couldn't make assumptions, maybe he purchased the car himself or at least made the payments. 
My phone vibrated, my hand inched toward it but I fought the urge. I just went on inquiring more about Hanuel and his life, in a not creepy way that I sometimes tended to be. He replied to the questions earnestly, sometimes glancing up to meet my eyes to see if I was paying attention to his rambling. I discovered that he was adopted and had an older sister that he still kept in touch with, though she was across the country. He was the same age as I was which wasn't a shocker, and that he visited his grandparents every other weekend. My heart ached for his condition, his grandfather was diagnosed with cancer, the name of it I couldn't recall. Before he kept going at it, the waitress returned with a tray, his thoughts hushed for the moment. The ice cream was piled higher than Mount Everest and if I tried to pick at it with the plastic spoon, I was afraid it would snap in half. 
"Thank you," we chimed and the lady bowed, wishing us to enjoy it well.