04

Bermuda Triangle
(SONG REQUEST: WHY I'M NOT BY SPEED) 
 
 
Hyunwoo, after patiently listening to the song without interrupting me at least once, scowled at me. He made it more difficult than it needed to be, more difficult to be comfortable under these new circumstances. I knew what I have done, becoming open and amiable towards his grandparents wasn't the wisest thing I could've done. It was his parents and he himself that I should be feared of, the elders didn't own this dwelling, they did and what they say goes. I could be thriving on the cold streets for all I know, just because I intimidated the pretty boy. 
"You have no say in anything, but I do," he pointed an accusing finger in my direction. I pretended to gasp and scan the surrounding area to make sure he was spitting those words at me. 
"Well, flower boy, do you honestly think I want to be here?" I stood while pushing the strap of my backpack to my shoulder. I didn't want to hear out his opinions or anything he was thinking at the moment, why would I care? He was just an arrogant prick just like his parents. The only ones who spared mercy were his polite grandparents. They were the ones who wrapped me in an invisible blanket of warmth that could ward off anything, hopefully the younger generation. With them on my side, I could confront them if anything occured between either of us. 
"Who do you think you're calling flower boy?" 
"Obviously, the only other person in the room," I snickered. It appeared to be he wasn't too bright in common sense; he was already picking bones with the new girl. 
He murmured under his breath, "My parents really want me to marry this-" 
"Before you call names," I cut him off. He wasn't such a great whisperer either, add that to the list. "You should get to know me more. Maybe your mind will change." That left his expression puzzled and the gears in his head grinding. Confidence and pride combusted within me, allowing me to walk with, firey, fierce steps. I abandoned the room for now, without any doubts, I knew I was going to return there to vent my steam, simply what I have done in the past years when I became inflamed. 
Managing to meet up with the elders on the first floor, where I have been requested to return after viewing the house, they assisted me once again. We climbed the stairs so they could drop me off at the room I was supposedly to be sleeping in, passing a few women in black outfits. Their personal maids. I was expecting another woman to walk past us but it was the heir, which he received a smirk from me. 
"Aigoo," the grandmother breathed as we reached a hallway unfamiliar to me. "These are the bedrooms, your door is the second one on the left." 
"Thank you," I bowed respectively. "Please take a rest, you must be tired." They did as I suggested, but I regretted it once they stranded me in the hallway. I was alone and I definitely didn't want to tangle myself in another encounter with Hyunwoo, who probably has some unpleasent words to throw at me. Without a second thought, I sprinted to the door that led me to a luxurious bedroom. The rich purple caught my eye first, the color spread on the bed sheets and surrounding the lights on the chandelier. The white fluff barricading the bed from me was was serving it's purpose as a carpet, it felt velvety and lush in between my toes. 
"Excuse me," a discreet, small voice said. "This is your uniform for school." 
"Thank you." I took the concealed article of clothing from the hanger then gently laid it down on the bed. The cover protecting the uniform was removed to display the outfit in it's glory. It was completely different from what I wore to my previous school, I dressed simply a comfortable attire and I was on my way. But this, a white collared shirt paired with a plaid skirt and matching tie, was something foreign. Dress to impress I guess, maybe that's why the school was well known because of it's attendees dressed in expensive fabrics to display a sign of unity. Maybe they wanted to prevent anymore dress code vialations, I don't know. I thought it was ridiculous, but on the other hand at least I wasn't going to be bullied for appearance since we all dressed accordingly.