XXX

My Knight in Shining Armour.. Can Sing??

 

Sandeul’s POV*****

 

I heard a siren of an Ambulance that came and helped us up... four guys wearing white came in to help us, two of them helped me up while the other two carried Cha-gi on a stretcher to the Ambulance..

“Sir, we have to bring you as well to the hospital” one of the guys said

“Please.. save her.. please.” I said dizzily..“we will try our best sir” those were the last words that I heard from them before I lose my consciousness.. when I woke up, I felt a soft cushion beside me.. I tried to open my eyes but I can’t, I felt a hand touch my shoulder.

“Sandeul, Are you awake?” said the person who just held me, I recognised the voice and I knew it was CNU-Hyung. “HYUNG!” I heard two voices on my left, and thought that it was Baro and Gongchan.

“Hyung! Where am I..” I asked and then I raised my hand and tried to feel what was covering my eyes,  it felt soft and shaped like a patches.

“Wait here, I will call the doctor.” Said the guy who I guess was Jinyoung-hyung.. then I heard the door closed.

“hyung.. where am I?” I asked again, “why can’t I open my eyes? What happened? The last thing I remembered was.. the ambulance came.. and.. Cha-gi!” I tried to stand up but they all stopped me “Where is Cha-gi, I want to see her! What happened to her?” I tried to remove their hands that was stopping me but I was too weak.

“Sandeul, you’re still weak.” Said CNU-hyung in a calm and concerned tone “You will see her when you have fully recovered, until that day.. you must stay here and rest until your eyes have healed.” CNU-hyung said as he helped me rest my back against the headboard of the bed.

“Hyung!” said Baro who called for CNU’s attention then what they talked about next, I have no idea.. all I want to know is how Cha-gi was, and if she was fine.. then I heard the door open,

“Good.. you’re awake after two days of sleep I hope that you’re in a better condition now..” said the man that I do not know who.. maybe the doctor

“I’ve slept for two days?” I exclaimed

The guy continued  “yes.. yes.. after a month we will remove those patches on your eyes and see if the operation was successful.”

“a month?” I said in disbelief. One month is too long, plus CNU-hyung said I can only see Cha-gi after I have recovered. I want to see her, I want to know what happened to her.. or..or.. how she was.. “that’s a long time... how about our tour?” I asked them

“Hyung! Yesterday we had an interview with the media and we told them that we’d have to leave for a month..” Said Baro

“Oh.. then why can’t I see Cha-gi? I just want to know how she was..” I said. Then I heard them murmuring to each other. it took them a minute to answer my question “We..uh.. we decided that you can only see her after a month.. you cannot stress yourself while recovering..” Jinyoung-Hyungs non-sense reply

“What kind of a reason was that Hyung!?” I said “I want to see her.. where is she?” I said then tried to stand up again, but all of them pinned me on my bed “What are you guys doing, let go!”

“Sandeul, listen to us.. she needs rest as well.” CNU-hyung said.. then the memory came flashing back to my mind like a dream...

“alright I guess I just have to stay here..until I have fully recovered.” I said then sighed

I waited for a month, everyday Gongchan and Baro would come visit me and they would play cards while making so much noise.. as if I was not trying to have my rest, then at night CNU-hyung and Jinyoung-hyung would arrive while the two would leave and to go back to their houses.. I won’t really miss them because tomorrow they’d be back again playing around and would sometimes play with the hospital equipments. Because of them I never really felt alone although I can’t see them.. or what they really looked like right now... one night when CNU-hyung and Jinyoung-hyung came in late while our two dongsaengs were already sleeping, I was lying on my bed trying to fall asleep, I took a deep breath and cleared up my mind.. when I was about to fall asleep or I don’t know if I was already asleep I heard a soft voice whisper in my ear saying...

 “Thank you for adding more meaning to my life.. Lee Jung Hwan.” Then I felt a light, cold feather-like kiss on my right cheek, it was so light that I barely felt it. I raised my hand to touch the part where I felt the kiss.. Uncontrollably my lips shaped into a smile then I fell asleep.

When I woke up in the morning I heard people murmuring and thought that it was my friends.. CNU and Jinyoung- hyung, Baro and Channie.. they were talking about something..

“Hyungnim.. when are you going to tell him?” said Baro

“He’s not yet ready..” Jinyoung-hyung said..

“Hyung, what do you think he would feel if he finds out?” Said Gongchan in a bit louder tone.

Then I thought there was something going on.. I stretched my arm up and said “What’s ging on? What’s with the noise guys?”

“uh.. uh, nothing really..” CNU-hyung said.. “are you hungry? We brought oranges for you.. it’s your favourite right?”

“Nae.. but why are you all here?” I asked sounding confused

“Hyung! It’s Sunday today.. and today’s when your eye patches are scheduled to be removed!” Said Gongchan as he held my hand, he pulled me up and guided me to jump around with him. “aren’t you excited?” he said still jumping.

At first I never really realised how long I’ve been leaving in the dark seeing nothing with this eye patches “of course, I’m excited!” I said, deep inside what really excited me the most was.. I waited for this day to come, I will be able to see Cha-gi again just as promised by CNU-hyung.

“Hyung! When you open your eyes..” said Baro worriedly “nevermind.. just be happy.”

Then someone knocked on my door and said “Mr. Lee Jung Hwan, are you ready” said the doctor who came in. “are you nervous?”

“yeah.. I just hope that the operation was successful..” I said as I took a deep breath

“don’t worry, your new eyes were the prettiest that I saw in my whole life” the doctor said as he started to removed the patches covering my eyes “just relax.. take a deep breath” he said as he removed the last covering. “now try opening it..”

“I still can’t see!!” I shouted “I can’t see anything!!”

“Sandeul are you sure you can’t see anything?” CNU-Hyung said as he held both my shoulders

“Mr. Lee jung Hwan.. I want you to close your eyes and try opening it up again.. perhaps it was not just used to light yet.” The doctor instructed.

 Then I did what he said.. I closed my eyes hoping that the next time I open it I will be able to see again. I opened my eyes at first it was just like waking up from a deep sleep as my eyes searched for light. Slowly as I opened my eyes, everything was clear and vivid.. I turned around and scanned the room, there I saw all of them CNU-hyung, Jinyoung-hyung, Baro, and Gongchan staring anxiously at me.

“Guys, I can see you..” I said then I took my glasses tried it on and see nothing, which is a good sign because it means that I won’t be needing it anymore.  “I can see all of you! even without my glasses!”

“Sandeul! Hyung!” then everyone gave me group hug.

“here.” said the Doctor while handing me a mirror “take a look at your new eyes.” He said as he smiles. While all of my friends who were just so excited a while ago suddenly became sad and quiet.

I took it from him to look at myself with my new eyes and brighter vision. What I saw next broke my heart... “HYUNG!!”

“Sandeul, we wanted to tell you” Jinyoung-hyung said

“But we thought that you might not understand.. She wished for this... before she died.” CNU-hyung explained.

“WAE! Wae..”Then tears started to fill my eyes.. her eyes..Cha-gi’s eyes.. I fell on my knees, the pain started to succumb my whole being as if trying to eat my whole heart breaking it into pieces. When I looked at the mirror I saw her.. in my eyes.