What Are You Waiting For?!

Two Paths, One Destiny

Lu Han was still frozen with his eyes tightly squeezed shut.

"What's taking him so long to hit me? This really is torture. Is he teasing me? Should I just look?"

Lu Han took a deep breath - slowly opening his eyes one at a time. He began to notice something...someone standing behind YoonCheol and it looked like they had a hold on his wrist.

"Let him go." they calmly demanded.

That voice. It sounded so familiar...it sounds just like...it was!

"Sunbae!" Lu Han yelped. The grip YoonCheol had on Lu Han's collar was making it hard for him to breathe - it was like he was slowly being choked and the world around him was gradually fading out.

YoonCheol snatched his arm out of Se Hun's grip. "Yeah? And what if I don't?"

Se Hun averted his eyes over to Lu Han, who was now starting to turn pale. Lu Han was losing oxygen...and fast.

"Well pretty boy...what's it gonna be? Your little friend here doesn't look too good." YoonCheol crowed - tightening his grip on Lu Han's collar.

Baekhyun ran up to Se Hun and shook him viciously. "Hyung, do something! He's going to kill him!"

"Calm down Baekhyun-ah!," Se Hun harshly snapped,"I'm trying to think here. Besides, panicking is only going to make the situation worse."

Although these words had slipped through Se Hun's trembling lips, inside he was panicking himself. He had to do something...

"This has nothing to do with him,"Se Hun proclaimed - removing his coat and rolling up his sleeves,"Fight me instead."

YoonCheol let out a loud, hardy laugh. "Nothing to do with him? Nothing to do with him?! This little brat is trying to steal my girl, yet it has nothing to do with him? Fine, whatever...the brat looks like he can't fight anyway."

He threw Lu Han down and rolled up his sleeves as well. Lu Han just laid there in the grass - motionless.

Se Hun gently pushed Baekhyun towards Lu Han. "You and Chen go check on him. I'll take care of YoonCheol."

"B-but, hyung-" Baekhyun said, worried.

"Just go!" Se Hun barked.

Baekhyun slightly jumped from Se Hun's loud demand, but him and Chen did as they were told.

Chen kneeled down beside Lu Han to check for signs of life. "That's good...at least he's still breathing."

"Lu Han-ssi? Lu Han-ssi, wake up~," Baekhyun cried - shaking him back and forth,"please~...wake up!"

Chen firmly grabbed Baekhyun's shoulder. "Stop it Baekhyun-ah~ He's not going to wake up this way,"Chen said calmly - standing up,"now come on, let's get him off of this wet grass and in the house."

Fei ran over to where Chen and Baekhyun were - looking down on Lu Han who laid motionless in the grass.

"I'll help you guys get him in the house," Fei offered,"It's the least I can do."

Baekhyun snapped a harsh glare towards Fei - his face bright red from crying. "You! Go away, this is all your fault!," he yelled - pushing her down on the grass,"why won't you just leave us alone?!"

Chen held Baekhyun back from getting any closer to Fei. "You can't do that Baekhyun. She's a girl," he reminded him - picking Lu Han up off the cold, dew coated grass,"let's go, hm?"

Baekhyun jumped at Fei before following behind Chen in the house.

Fei jumped up to brush herself off and screamed in aggravation. "I'll get you for this you little punk!"

Chen and Baekhyun removed their shoes and proceeded inside the house to find Lu Han's room.

"There!" Baekhyun exclaimed - pointing to the door that had Lu Han's name on it before opening it for Chen who was carrying him.

"Well, that was easy enough." Chen announced - carefully placing Lu Han down on his bed.

"Don't you think we should take him to a hospital or something, hyung?" Baekhyun asked.

Chen nodded. "He should be fine after he gets some rest."

"And Se Hun hyung? He's still outside with YoonCheol." 

"I'm sure he'll be just fine. Se Hun's a lot tougher than you think.Don't worry so much." Chen replied.

Baekhyun nodded although he didn't fully agree with Chen. Neither of them knew what YoonCheol was capable of. For all they know, YoonCheol could have been a part of some gang or something.

A few minutes of awkward silence passed before faint groans came from where Lu Han laid.

"Sun-Sunbae?" Lu Han whispered quietly - his voice still damaged from earlier.

"Lu Han!," Baekhyun exclaimed - rushing to Lu Han's side,"are you okay now?"

Lu Han nodded. "My neck still huts a little but I think so. Where's Se Hun sunbae? Is he okay?"

Chen leaned back on the wall behind him and shrugged. "We don't know but I'll tell you just like I told Baekhyun. Se Hun is tougher than you think. He used to take taekwondo before he committed full-time to his studies, so I'm sure he'll-"

The bedroom door flew open - interrupting Chen in the middle of his sentence and there stood Se Hun. His face was dripping with blood as he relaxed himself against the frame of the door.

"I see you're...finally awake now." Se Hun softly smiled - groaning and panting heavily as he hugged his arm around his torso in pain.

"Sunbae!" Lu Han wailed - running over to help Se Hun up before he decided to fall over and further injure himself.

"Hyung!" Baekhyun yelled, following close behind Lu Han.

"Let's get him on the bed." Lu Han suggested.

Baekhyun nodded - wrapping Se Hun's arm around his shoulders and slowly lifting him up.

"Aah~!," Se Hun grunted in pain,"hajima! hajima!...please. Just leave me here."

Baekhyun and Lu Han carefully sat Se Hun down on the floor - leaning him back against the closest wall.

"Well, what do you want us to do?," Chen asked,"We can't just leave you sitting here when your obviously injured."

Se Hun kept silent. He didn't know what to do himself. He was in too much pain to keep moving around, let alone, even talking was tiring.

"I think you should go to the hospital." Lu Han quietly said to Se Hun.

Se Hun hastily shook his head. "And have my mother tell father I got into another fight? No way...I'm not risking it."

"Another fight?," Lu Han wondered,"What does he mean 'another fight'?"

Baekhyun crossed his arms over his chest. "She's going to find out anyway. Eventually, you'll have to go home to confront her, so just go to the hospital and get it over with already."

Se Hun let out a loud sigh then looked up to Baekhyun. "I'll go tomorrow. I'm in too much pain right now."

The sound of screeching tires were heard pulling up the driveway. Lu Han knew that sound well enough. His parents were home from work.

"Omo, I'm going to be in so much trouble. I'll just hide them in the closet! No...the three of them wouldn't fit in there. The window? Aish~ I forgot...sunbae's injuries. Ah~ jinjja?!"

​Chen slid over to where Lu Han was standing and grabbed his shoulder causing him to wince.

"Whoa, it's okay. It's just me...Chen." he said calmly.

Lu Han scratched his head and looked down, embarrassed. "Oh, sorry..."

"You okay?," Chen asked," You seem a little, I don't know...out of it."

"I'm fine," Lu Han nodded,"I was just thinking."

"Yah, Lu Han-ssi~ You should ask your parents if it's okay for Se Hun to stay here for the night." Baekhyun suggested.

It wasn't necessarily a bad idea...but it wasn't a good one either. Lu Han's parents were expecting to see Fei when they got home. How are they going to react once they see an entirely different person, or in this case, people.

"I guess..." Lu Han replied - hesitantly making his way out towards the living room.

Lu Han's parents walked in the house, took off their shoes and threw their stuff on the couch.

"What a good boy~," his mother exalted - clapping her hands together as if she were amused,"waiting right at the door to serve us. Pick up our stuff and put them away properly. After that, set up the table for dinner. Your father and I have had a long day at work. The least we deserve is a well-cooked, well-prepared meal."

"Nae, eommeoni," bowed Lu Han,"but I have someth-."

"Were you just about to question your mother's authorities?" his father scowled.

"N-no sir...I just have a question is all." Lu Han replied - nervously inching away.

Lu Han's father glared at him - raising his chin as he looked down upon Lu Han skeptically. "Do what you were asked to do first and then you may ask us over dinner."

"Kamsahamnida." Lu Han said, bowing thankfully - quickly finishing his tasks' so he could get back to Se Hun, Chen and Baekhyun.

Lu Han has always liked his father better than his mother. Maybe it was because they rarely talked to each other. Either way, Lu Han liked it. Even when they did have one their little awkward encounters, it was nothing ever too harsh other than chore demands or running errands. His father was the one to carry out punishments though, which could be quite brutal at times, but it beats getting talked down to and scolded all the time.

Lu Han quickly, but neatly, set the table for dinner before proceeding to the living room where his parents were sitting.

"Dinner is ready." Lu Han quietly announced.

"Lu Han?" his mother calmly started.

"Nae, eommeoni?" Lu Han responded.

"Why is Fei not here like we asked? Are you trying to disappoint us again?" his mother asked.

Lu Han shook his head. "Aniyo eommeoni...Fei had something important to attend so she left early. She asked me to apologize for her...I must of just forgot to tell you earlier."

Lu Han's mother slowly stood up walked towards Lu Han - gradually taking her time. "Is that so? Because we just happened to see Fei outside before we came in the house. She told us everything that happened tonight while we were gone..."

She drew her hand back and struck Lu Han across the face causing him to lose his balance and fall to the floor.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to lie to me?! Do you like getting hit?," she sighed in annoyance - turning her back to Lu Han,"Where are they?"

"W-who?" Lu Han asked teary-eyed - rubbing his face where he was struck.

"W-who?," his mother mimicked,"You know who? Where are the boys that came in here with you?"

Lu Han stood up and showed his mother to his room where Se Hun, Chen and Baekhyun were - opening the door to let her go in first.

Lu Han's mother spotted Se Hun first who wasn't hard to miss since he was covered in blood.

"Aigoo~ you're banged up pretty good," she gasped - squatting down next to him,"Can you move at all?"

Se Hun shook his head. "Not really...only short distances."

"Well, we'll get you all cleaned up and you can sleep here in Lu Han's room," she smiled,"He doesn't mind, do you Lu Han?"

Lu Han hastily shook his head. "No...it's okay with me."

"Have you boys had any dinner yet?," his mother asked,"There's plenty for everyone."

"I could-" Baekhyun started before Chen covered his mouth.

"Thank you, but we've already eaten dinner earlier. We were actually on our way out." Chen replied politely.

"Omo, so well-mannered~," his mother cooed,"let me be the one show you out then."

"Kamsahamnida." Chen smiled and bowed.

Baekhyun pouted and grabbed Chen's arm. "C'mon hyung~ She just offered us something to eat. It would be rude not to take her offer, yeah?"

"No, you just ate, you piggy,"Chen replied,"Now come on. I have to get home before it gets too dark."

"Mmm, fine~" Baekhyun crossed his arms and poked out his bottom lip.

"See you tomorrow Se Hun-ah, Lu Han." Chen waved with a gentle smile.

Baekhyun walked over to Lu Han and gave him a quick, comforting hug."We'll always have your back in any situation Lu Han-ssi," Baekhyun smiled and made his way back to the door - following Chen out,"See you hyung! See you Lu Han-ssi!"

"That was weird..." Lu Han thought but just shrugged it off.

"I never believed her." Se Hun said quietly.

"Hm?" Lu Han drew closer to hear him better.

"Fei...I never believed her." Se Hun repeated.

"What is he talking about? Maybe he got hit a little too hard.."

"When we were outside and she was talking all that nonsense about how you two were dating, I never believed any of that from the beginning." Se Hun said.

Lu Han sat down on the floor beside Se Hun. "Then why did you stop me when I tried to explain? I thought you were mad at me."

Se Hun chuckled softly. "I didn't need you to explain. I know I just met you, but you don't look like you would lie about something like that. Besides, Fei doesn't seem like your type."

Lu Han smiled and looked down at his lap. "We should probably get you cleaned up and changed so you can rest. I'll go get your bath ready." he said before standing up to find Se Hun some clean clothes to wear.

Se Hun nodded and watched as Lu Han left the room.

Lu Han went next door to the bathroom, placed down the new clothes on the bathroom sink and ran the water as he examined his face and neck in the mirror. "It doesn't look that bad. The bruises should be gone by the time I have to go back to school on Monday." He took one last look at the damage and turned off the water before leaving the bathroom to retrieve Se Hun.

"That was fast." Se Hun smiled - preparing himself to get up.

Lu Han nodded and bent down to help Se Hun to his feet. "Let's get you up."

Se Hun pushed himself up as much as he could with the help of Lu Han, but it was too much all at once. The pain was unbearable.

"I can't~" Se Hun whimpered - trying to slide back down to the floor. But Lu Han wouldn't let him...he put in too much effort already just to quit now.

"We need to get this blood off of you. It'll be harder to get off once it dries completely. Come on, you have to try again." Lu Han persuaded.

Se Hun took a few deep breaths, holding in the last one,and pushed himself up again - letting out soft whimpers of agony each time, until eventually, he was up and standing.

"I knew you could do it." Lu Han smiled as he took his time carefully helping Se Hun to the bathroom.

"What was going through your mind when all that stuff was going on?" Se Hun asked to break the silence.

Lu Han shrugged. "I don't know. I guess I felt like you thought I had betrayed you..that you had already given up on me."

"Oh please," Se Hun uttered amused,"I haven't even started yet."

They finally reached the bathroom and Lu Han helped Se Hun to the sink so he could lean on it.

"I guess I'll just leave you to it." he announced before making his way out the door.

"Wait, where are you going?," Se Hun called out,"I need you to help me with my clothes."

Lu Han turned around to face Se Hun - his face bright red. "Sunbaenim..."

"Mworago? We're both guys, so what's the problem? Just close your eyes if that'll make you feel better." Se Hun suggested.

Lu Han nodded nervously as he stepped back in the bathroom and closed the door behind him - shyly making his way towards Se Hun.

"Quickly now." Se Hun said - motioning him to hurry up.

Lu Han picked up the pace and stood before Se Hun - squinting his eyes so he could see where he was grabbing but his vision was blurred enough to the point where he couldn't see much detail. After helping him out of his clothes, Lu Han covered his eyes with his hand.

"What are you doing?," Se Hun laughed,"Help me in the tub too."

"But sunbae...you're ." Lu Han whispered - embarrassed that those words even came out his mouth.

"Just let me lean on you like earlier. You'll be fine." Se Hun said calmly.

Eyes still closed, Lu Han used his free hand to feel his way towards Se Hun and wrapped his arm around his shoulder.

"Omo, please tell me this isn't real. Why am I so flustered? Aish~! So embarrassing..."

Lu Han carefully helped Se Hun into the bathtub, grabbed up his blood stained clothes and rushed towards the door. "Need anything else before I leave?" Lu Han asked - his back towards Se Hun.

"I'm fine for now." Se Hun replied - playing with the soap in the tub.

"I'll be right outside the door after I put your clothes in the washer." Lu Han announced before closing the door behind him - letting out a deep sigh of relief.

"I hope he didn't notice me blushing so much. Oh, who am I kidding? How could he not notice? My face was brighter than a tomato~," Lu Han whined - making his way towards the laundry room,"This will surely strike up an interesting conversation..."

Music started playing from Se Hun's pants pocket.

"Hm? Must be sunbae's cell phone ringing," Lu Han mumbled to himself before reaching in his pocket to pull it out,"There's no name on the caller ID..."

But Lu Han picked it up anyway out of curiosity.

"Yeoboseyo?..."