What Should I Do?

Two Paths, One Destiny

Chen looked down at his watch which now read 6 p.m. "We should get started with this study session. I can't stay long since I have to work another late shift tonight."

"You work too hard, hyung," said Baekhyun worried,"don't get sick."

Se Hun nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I actually agree with Baekhyun on this one. I honestly don't see how you do it - working late nights and still having the energy to attend school the morning after."

Chen let out one hard chuckle which sounded more like he was trying to clear his throat. "You two worry too much. It's not like I do it because I have to, I do it because I want to. Now let's go study, hm?"  

Se Hun grabbed the back of Chen's neck and shook him playfully. "Aish, jinjja~ Okay, let's go." Se Hun suggested before heading up to his room.

Everyone followed Se Hun closely behind...or so he thought. It was way too quiet. When he turned around, he noticed that someone was missing.

"Where's Baekhyun-ah?" he asked - looking around. 

As soon as he said this, here came Baekhyun with one of the silver platters Se Hun's mother served their snacks on - still stuffing his face while he proceeded up the stairs.

"What the...Baekhyun-ah, what are you doing?" Chen asked - trying his best not to laugh. He wasn't surprised though. Baekhyun was always eating but rarely exercised unlike the rest of them. He even hated the thought of exercising - the thought of getting all sweaty and moving around for long periods of time really didn't suit Baekhyun.

"Just because you guys are wasteful, doesn't mean I have to be." Baekhyun replied, still cramming food in his mouth.

"Ew," Fei exclaimed - moving away from Baekhyun as he drew closer to her,"close your mouth, huh! You're disgusting..." She began brushing herself off as if Baekhyun spit food all over her expensive clothes.

"Yeah? Well you're a...!" Baekhyun began.

"Baekhyun-ah!" Se Hun cut him off before he could finish his sentence - he could already guess what Baekhyun was going to say next. He wasn't the type of person that bit his tongue for just anyone. If there was something he had to say, he would just say it...most of the time. But he was also careful not to hurt the ones he cared about in the process.

"She started it." Baekhyun mumbled.

"You should still watch what you say. What if mother heard you?" Se Hun said calmly - being careful not to talk too harsh towards Baekhyun. Even though he would act tough and silly most of the time, Se Hun and Chen knew well enough that he could also be quite the sensitive type as well.

"Mianhae, hyung." Baekhyun apologized before looking down in shame.

Chen comforted Baekhyun by putting his arm around his shoulders. "It's okay Baekhyun-ah..." Chen said quietly to him before glaring up at Fei who was now grinning.

Fei giggled and her tongue out at Baekhyun - latching her arms around Se Hun's arm as a sign of victory. But Se Hun wasn't smiling. Instead, he just gave Fei a cold stare - a stare that Fei wasn't used to that slowly made her back off a few steps.

"Why are you laughing? I was serious about what I said earlier," Se Hun said firmly,"so I would appreciate it if you respected my wishes for once. Especially in my own home."

Fei didn't like the way Se Hun was talking to her right now. She was always used to him taking her side. "Why is he acting like this towards me?" she thought then crossed her arms and pouted.

"Oppa~~" she whined; stomping her feet - hoping that if she threw one of her little tantrums, Se Hun would fall for it like he usually did when she didn't get her way. 

But not this time. Se Hun just bugged his eyes at her - he wasn't in the mood that evening and he felt as if Fei was really testing him. For the first time, she was actually starting to annoy him...

She couldn't believe it - he didn't fall for it this time. Fei scoffed in defeat and carried on towards Se Hun's room where they were having their study session.

------------------------------------------------------

Now that everyone was settled in Se Hun's room, he was comfortable enough to start their study session. Se Hun's room was spacious enough to house a full classroom. It didn't have much of a color scheme though. Most of the colors were monochromatic - ranging from mostly black and white which were Se Hun's favorite colors. He felt that they were the easiest on his eyes which made him like these colors even more.

Baekhyun and Chen sat separately from Fei - they didn't want to start any more drama that evening so they thought it was best if they just kept their distance.

Though, things weren't always this tense between Fei, Baekhyun and Chen - they never actually talked much, but when they did, they got along fairly well. It was until Fei booked her first job as a model at one of the countries top agencies that made Fei change for the worst - always talking down to people, using informal speech. Fame turned her into a whole new person....maybe even a monster. 

What happened to the sweet and innocent girl they used to know?

"Yah, Se Hun-ah?" Chen called from across the room as he began pulling out his supplies.

"Nae?" Se Hun replied while rolling his portable whiteboard out from his closet - hastily erasing what he forgot to from their last study session.

"Can we start with trigonometry first? I heard we have a test tomorrow and I want to make sure we cover that first before I have to leave." Chen asked.

Se Hun nodded and smiled. "Of course, hyung." And without hesitation, he began writing some examples of trigonometric functions on the whiteboard.

"Now, the cosecant csc(A), or cosec(A), is the reciprocal of sin(A); i.e. the ratio of the length of the hypotenuse to the length of the opposite side: csc A = frac {sin A} = frac {hypotenuse} {opposite}...." Se Hun began - Chen and Baekhyun impulsively taking down notes as he lectured.

"Oppa, I don't get it~," Fei complained - looking at Se Hun with puppy eyes,"can you come help me?"

"Right, because that's sooo surprising." Baekhyun mumbled sarcastically before both him and Chen broke out into a quiet laughter.

Se Hun nodded and walked over to his bed where Fei was laying and sat next to her.

"Lay down," she insisted - patting the spot beside her,"I'm not going to bite you." But Se Hun was hesitant which made Fei impatient - forcing her to grab his shirt and pull him down next to her.

"See," she smiled,"isn't this way more comfortable than sitting up?"

Se Hun just shrugged and smiled nervously. "I guess."

As the evening went on, Se Hun and Fei were getting more comfortable with each other - giggling and playing around. It disgusted Chen and Baekhyun to the point where they didn't even want to be in the same room with them anymore.

Chen looked back down at his watch and started packing up his things. "I guess it's time for me to leave for work now." - which it really wasn't. He had another hour or so to stay and study, but Chen was just using time as an excuse to leave early.

Baekhyun watched as Chen packed up his things and decided to seize the opportunity as his chance to leave too. "Yeah...me too," Baekhyun uttered as he began packing up his things as well,"it's getting dark so I think I'll walk with Chen to his job. You know...make sure he gets there okay."

Se Hun looked over to Chen and Baekhyun who were now preparing to leave. "Already? But you guys just got here."

"Mianhae," Baekhyun apologized,"we'll see you tomorrow at school."

They both bowed sincerely and headed on their way out the door. But without noticing, being in the rush that he was, Chen didn't realize that something slipped out of his bag as he declined down the stairs. It was his digital camera - the one he used earlier that day to take photos of Fei and that other man she was with.

"Oppa~?" said Fei using her irresistible aegyo - or as so she called it.

"Eung?" Se Hun replied - still focused on jotting equations down in his notebook.

Fei pouted - she didn't feel like Se Hun was truly listening to her. She quickly sat up a shook him. "Oppa!"

"What? I'm listening already...sheesh." he replied shooing her hands away.

"Can I borrow about 205,000 won, please?," begged Fei,"I spent my whole bonus from this month already."

Se Hun sighed but, without a word, walked over to his miniature safe and unlocked it - pulling out a stack of money and slowly counting it to make sure it was exactly 205,000 won. Se Hun knew it was a bad habit - giving Fei whatever she wanted, whenever she asked for it, but he couldn't say no to her. He was willing to do anything just to keep her around.

"Here," he said walking back to her - handing over the money,"and be careful not to spend it all too fast this time."

Fei squealed with joy and hugged Se Hun, practically knocking him over. "I won't,"she responded - happily counting the money over again,"I promise."

------------------------------------------------------------

Hour by hour, minute by minute; time just flew by as Se Hun and Fei continued through the rest of their evening chatting and laughing about, well...who knows.

Se Hun glanced over at the alarm clock that complimented his end table oh so perfectly and noticed that it was starting to get late.

"It's getting late," he said as he got up preparing to leave,"I'll walk you home."

Fei nodded and began packing up her things - Se Hun generously giving her a helping hand then snatched up her bag and ran out the room, laughing playfully.

"Oppa~!" Fei exclaimed as she chased after him down the stairs.

Se Hun slid down the railing and proudly stuck his landing. "C-catch me if you wanna." he sang and danced while watching Fei clumsily make her way down the stairs after him. He didn't bother to run any further - Fei wasn't the type of person to take a joke all the time so he just stood there with his arm extended - bag in hand.

When Fei caught up, she snatched her bag away and hit him with it. "Baboya..." she mumbled.

"Ah~ jinjja," he chuckled before grabbing her hand and pulling her out the door after they put their shoes on.

"Eomma, I'll be back soon," he yelled out,"I'm just walking Fei home!"

Se Hun's mother could be heard in the distance - shuffling around in the kitchen probably prepping breakfast for tomorrow. Even though she didn't always have the most time in the world to bond with her son, she attempted to do little things to show him that she was thinking of him and cared about him.

"I'll see you when you get back," she replied,"you two stay safe!"

With this said, Se Hun and Fei proceeded out the door and down the street to her house.

"It looks nice out tonight, huh?" Se Hun asked deeply inhaling the refreshing night air as it filled his lungs.

Fei shrugged. "I wouldn't know," she replied slightly irritated, "I'm more of an 'inside person'."

Se Hun just kept quiet the rest of the way. He could hear the tension in Fei's voice and he knew she wasn't in the mood for 'friendly conversation'.

Since Fei and Se Hun didn't live far apart, they arrived to her house in a short amount of time and Se Hun was glad. He didn't want to put up with the silent awkwardness any longer so he gently caressed Fei's face with his hands, kissed her forehead and sent her inside with a simple 'goodnight'.

Se Hun hated leaving her off like that but it was too late now - what was the purpose of going back, right?...Right.

It was starting to get a bit frigid and chilly; Se Hun disapproved of the cold. He liked when it was warm because he didn't have to bundle up in coats and sweaters. He just slide his hands in his sweater pockets and kept his mind occupied with other thoughts - like everything that happened earlier that day.

Why was everyone acting so strange today? Does Fei hate me now? Did I do something wrong to upset her? He shook his head and began thinking again. 

No...that can't be. Or maybe...I did talk harshly to her this afternoon. That can't matter, I have friends I care about too. Right...I just have to....

Se Hun was so deep in thought that he forgot to watch where he was going and someone bumped into him...or he may have bumped into them.

"Umph," he exclaimed as the collision caused a force of air to escape his lungs in an abrupt manner,"Watch where you're going!"

After Se Hun finished dusting himself off, he looked to see who it was. It was a boy - somewhere around Se Hun age, he assumed, with dirty blonde hair and of average height.

"Yah..." Se Hun tapped him lightly on his shoulder, but the boy refused to turn around as if he were in shock.

"Yah!" he yelled the second time - attempting to get him to snap out of it.

The boy cringed as the sharp voice of this stranger pierced his eardrums, then finally, after realizing that someone was surely behind him, the young boy slowly turned around and looked up, meeting eye-to-eye with Se Hun which must have shocked him - causing him to drop whatever it was in his hand.

Se Hun glanced down and noticed it was a half eaten fish cake and bent down to pick it up. "I can't remember the last time it was since I had one of these." A soft smile stretched across Se Hun's face as he examined the fish cake, then turned around to notice a street vendor behind him.

"Is that where you bought it?" Se Hun asked the young boy - still looking back at the street vendor.

"N-nae." the boy replied quietly looking down at his feet and nervously playing with his hands.

"Sorry I made you drop it," Se Hun said sincerely - throwing his stare back at the boy who was quite difficult to see considering it was pretty dark outside already,"I'll buy you another one if you'd like."

The boy just keenly shook his head and ran off in the opposite direction.

"That was strange." Se Hun just scratched his head, threw the half-eaten fish cake away and proceeded on his way home.

Once Se Hun got home, he removed his shoes and quietly headed up the stairs - careful not to wake his mother in case she already decided to turn in for the night.

"That boy sure was strange. Why did he act like he was scared of me? Do I look scary or something?" Se Hun just blew it off and continued walking towards his room - but Se Hun kicked something strange and caused it to slide down the hallway.

"What the heck is that?" Se Hun asked himself as he peered at the object in the distance.

He walked over to it as the light bounced off of it - causing it to reflect beams of light on the opposite wall, now curious to figure out what it was - bent over and picked it up. It was a white digital camera that had a label on the back which read 'Property of Kim Jongdae'.

"Aish~ hyung...always so careless." Se Hun said before slipping the camera in his pocket. But curiosity crept through his mind - urging him to look through it.

"Maybe I'll just take a quick look," Se Hun insisted, gently biting his lower lip - slowly pulling the camera back out of his pocket,"he always did brag about how he was such a great photographer. One quick look won't hurt anybody...No! It's an invasion of his privacy, but yet...Aish! What should I do?..."

 

 

What do you guys think? Is Se Hun going to look or will he resist the urge to find out what kind of pictures Chen had inside. ^.~ Find out in the next chapter~ Hope everyone is enjoying my story so far. Don't forget to comment and upvote! <3