It's Just A Coincidence

Two Paths, One Destiny

Lu Han felt someone tap his shoulder and call, but he just couldn't convince his brain to get his body to turn around.

And that's when the person called out again. It was a man's voice and it was louder this time like they were right in his ear - so loud it made Lu Han wince. Is he...talking to me?

Lu Han's mind quickly snapped back to reality and he began to slowly turn around - timidly lifting his head up until his eyes met with the stranger that seemed so desperate to get Lu Han's attention just now. Lu Han jumped as if he had just seen a ghost - causing him to drop the rest of his fish cake.

"Oh!" Lu Han exclaimed - but that was all he could manage to escape his lips.

The stranger was fairly tall - not much taller than Lu Han - and his hair was a mixture of beach blonde and a very light pink. He was also wearing, what seemed to be, a school uniform. It looked expensive - more expensive than anything Lu Han could even imagine owning.

The young man glanced down and noticed Lu Han's half eaten fish cake he just dropped and bent down to pick it up.

"I can't remember the last time it was since I had one of these." the young man said as he examined the fish cake, then turned around to notice a street vendor behind him.

"Is that where you bought it?" the young man asked him - still looking back at the street vendor.

"N-nae." Lu Han stammered - quietly looking down at his feet and nervously playing with his hands.

"Sorry I made you drop it," the young man said giving Lu Han a sincere smile,"I'll buy you another one if you'd like."

Lu Han promptly shook his head and ran off remembering that his parents would be home any minute now. Why did I have to wander off so far? he thought as he trudged on through the dark of the night - running until he couldn't bear it any longer. He hunched over with his hands rested upon his knees to take a quick breather. 

But just when Lu Han was about to give up and didn't think he would ever make it, there it was in the distance...home. It was so close, he could practically touch it - metaphorically speaking of course.

Relieved, Lu Han used the last bit of his strength to carry on towards home.

"I made it..." Lu Han said panting - still exhausted from running such a long distance.

Once inside, the only thing that was on Lu Han's mind now was a long, warm shower. The pain in his legs didn't even bother him the least bit at that moment.

After Lu Han was finished taking a shower, he pounced on his bed - hugging his pillow tightly before he rolled over on his back and stared up at the ceiling.

"I can't believe I did that," Lu Han said to himself as his face began to glow with excitement,"such an adrenaline rush!"

Lu Han happily squealed and squirmed around messing up his bed - this is the first time Lu Han felt like he was on top of the world.

He exhaled deeply and plopped back down on his bed. "But yet," he started,"that boy...I hope he didn't think I was being rude when I just ran off like that. Maybe I'll meet him again someday...then I can apologize the proper way."

Lu Han nodded once assuring himself that that's exactly what he planned on doing and smiled. 

Not long after, the sound of screeching tires were heard outside as lights illuminated his room - growing brighter as they drew closer. It was Lu Han's parents who were finally home from their little gathering. He wasn't to ecstatic about it - he wanted to keep enjoying the peace and quiet without them interfering for once.

He waited patiently in his room while his parents were preparing to enter the house.

A few moments later, his parents could be heard coming in the front door - making a ruckus as usual. But this time it seemed different and Lu Han had a feeling in his gut that something was wrong. They were arguing with each other but not about each other...it was over something else.

"Lu Han!," his mother snarled,"Lu Han, you get out here right this instant!"

Lu Han's heart dropped at the sound of his name."Did they find out about me leaving home? Eotteokhae?!" He finally collected his nerves, took a deep breath and proceeded out the room - awaiting his fate as he stood before his mother.

"Y-yeh eomeoni?" Lu Han managed to choke out before glancing up at his mother then back down at the floor. He couldn't bear to look directly at her - her glare was so intense, it felt as if it were burning straight through Lu Han's soul.

She just crossed her arms and pursed her lips in disgust - standing silent for a brief moment before speaking.

"One of the neighbors just stopped us on our way in the house and told us you left the house this evening," she said calmly, yet, unethically,"so I'll ask you this one time and one time only - did you or did you not leave this house when I specifically asked you not to?"

Lu Han couldn't find the right words to say - stammering through every, somewhat, sentence.

His mother grew impatient and drew her hand back - ready to strike Lu Han where he stood.

"Well...what is it?!" she exclaimed.

He knew he was about to be punished so, afraid of being hit, he thought of a quick lie.

"Animnida eomeoni," Lu Han cried out,"I just went to take out the trash. I-I swear that's all I did...I swear. Please don't hit me."

Lu Han's mother put her hand back down, cleared and fixed her dress.

"You better be lucky I hate our neighbors," she said still peering at Lu Han - eyes now filled with tears,"I never trust anything those hags tell me - And stop crying! You're too sensitive...man up!"

Lu Han sniffled as he carried out wiping the tears from his face.

"Now go to your room,"his mother said as she watched him wipe his tears,"I'm already sick of looking at you for the night."

And with that said, Lu Han strolled back off to his room - climbed back into bed and went to sleep.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Chen hyung, Se Hun hyung, you're here!" Baekhyun greeted - waving happily to Se Hun and Chen as they entered the classroom.

Chen jaunted over to where Baekhyun was seated and put him in a headlock. 

"Of course we're here you nut," Chen crowed,"this is school you know."

Baekhyun skewed around trying to lessen Chen's grip.

"Ah! Hyung - ah! Apa apa apa!" he groaned - slapping Chen's arm which was still fixated around his neck.

"Alright children," Se Hun snickered as he came up behind Chen and patted his back a few times,"that's enough."

Chen laughed one last time before he decided to release Baekhyun.

"Hyung that hurt," Baekhyun whined,"Grow up, would ya?!"

"Ah~ jinjja...this kid." Chen laughed as he drew his hand back like he was going to hit him.

"Oh that reminds me..." Se Hun began as he started pulling something out his bag,"you must have dropped this at my house last night. And don't worry, I didn't look through it." He laughed.

It was Chen's digital camera.

"Gomawoyo." Chen replied as he hastily took the camera away from Se Hun.

While everyone was playing and goofing around, no one noticed that the teacher walked in.

"Okay class, settle down! Class is about to begin!" he shouted over the rambunctious teenagers as they shuffled around - obediently taking their seats.

"Now," the teacher began as he started looking through some papers,"it seems as if we will be expecting a new student shortly so I want everyone to be on their best behavior when they get here. Araseo?!"

"Nae~." the class responded simultaneously.

Se Hun turned around to the table where Chen and Baekhyun were sitting.

"I bet you two 20,000 won it's another one of those high-class, snobby brats." he smirked.

"Like your girlfriend?" Baekhyun laughed - but was still serious about what he said.

Se Hun just rolled his eyes which were now fixed on Chen only. 

Chen nudged Baekhyun's arm as a sign of telling him to be quiet.

"What~? It's not like he didn't not agree...like he didn't agree to agree...to not agree...?" 

Baekhyun cocked his head to the side after confusing himself - still mumbling off into the distance in his own little world.

"So how about it?" Se Hun asked - slamming his bet down in front of Chen.

Chen shrugged. "What have I got to lose? I'm in." he replied - slamming his bet down on top of Se Hun's then shook hands; closing the deal.

Baekhyun was still mumbling and Chen didn't notice for quite a while until his voice started to tune in. Chen directed his look over to Baekhyun.

"Shut up!" Chen snapped - getting annoyed at Baekhyun's useless rambling.

Baekhyun jerked his head in Chen's direction and snarled his lip at him - crossed his arms and looked away, now hushed.

It wasn't long after that the door began to gradually open and a young boy slunk into the classroom. His head was down so no one could get a thorough look at his face. He seemed shy and collected - the type of person Se Hun wasn't used to being around.

"Our new student is here everyone!" howled the teacher.

Everyone's eyes averted to the front of the classroom where the boy stood.

"This is Lu Han. He was born in China but moved here to Seoul when he was very young. It's his first time attending a private school so everyone treat him well - show him the ways of our school so he won't have troubles of any kind. Aratji?"

"Nae sasaengnim~" the class responded.

"Say hello to the class, Lu Han." the teacher requested.

"Annyeonghaseyo." Lu Han timidly raised his head - being careful not to make direct eye contact with anyone. And that's when he saw him...the boy he ran into the other night. "What?...He goes here too?"

"You can go sit in that empty seat next to our star pupil." the teacher said - pointing in the direction of the empty chair.

Lu Han bowed and hastily, yet carefully, went to his seat next to Se Hun - who was now staring at him intensely.

"Why is he looking at me like that?" Lu Han wondered - stealing a few glances out the corner of his eye. "Turn around, turn around...pleeease turn around."

"Annyeong." Se Hun said soflty trying to lessen the awkwardness.

Lu Han's heart jumped. He wasn't expecting Se Hun to talk to him.

"An-annyeong." he replied - shyly keeping his eyes directed to the front of the classroom. If there was anything Lu Han hated more, it was eye contact. It seemed like it would always get him into some kind of trouble so he found it best if he didn't look at anyone directly in the eyes.

"Lu Han, right? I'm Se Hun," Se Hun said in a hushed tone,"how old are you?"

"Seventeen..." Lu Han replied.

Se Hun smiled. "I'm eighteen so that means I'm your sunbae, so address me as such, okay? Everything you need to know, you can learn through me."

Lu Han kept quiet but nodded in agreement. "Why is he acting like he doesn't know me? Does he not remember me from the other night?" With these thoughts running through Lu Han's head, he began feeling depressed and he didn't know why - it's not like he knew Se Hun or anything other than what he just told him, so why should he care...right?

Chen leaned forward - drawing his mouth closer to Se Hun's ear. "I win~." he whispered before being shooed away by Se Hun's hand - then chuckled and sat back down in his seat.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The bell rang for lunch, and as always, Baekhyun was the first one out the door.

"I'll meet you guys in the cafeteria." he waved as he rushed out the door.

Chen just shook his head while he finished packing up his things.

Se Hun walked over to Chen and wrapped his arm around his shoulder.

"Ready?" he said smiling brightly.

Chen nodded and gave Se Hun a smile back.

As they were making their way out of the classroom to lunch, Se Hun looked back and noticed Lu Han still packing up.

"Yah...Lu Han," he smirked,"you comin' or what?"

Lu Han looked up surprised and pointed to himself.

"Me?" he asked - reassuring that he heard right.

Se Hun nodded and laughed. "Duh, you're the only other person left in the class - let alone the only person with the name Lu Han here."

Lu Han blushed, embarrassed. "Oh...right...okay." he replied scurrying to pick up his things and follow them to the cafeteria.

Baekhyun was already sitting down at their usual table...eating. And as usual, girls were hanging around their table - ready to take pictures or offer up one of their lunches.

"Annoying as always." Chen sighed before taking his seat next to Baekhyun who was already eating before everyone else.

Se Hun narrowed his eyes as he peered at Baekhyun stuffing his face. "You could've at least waited for us, you glut."

Baekhyun just gave Se Hun one of his cheesy little smiles. "I love you too, hyung." 

"Aish~." he replied with a chuckle.

Then, out of nowhere, random girls started petting and grabbing Lu Han playfully.

"Uwa, kyeopta." "Are you new here?" "Stop that, your scaring him!" "Take a picture with me." "No, me first!"

Lu Han was overwhelmed - the tugging, the poking, the squealing - it was too much to handle.

"Yah! Leave him alone, hm? Can't you girls see he's not interested right now?" Se Hun exclaimed.

"Awwh~" they all groaned as they began to scatter - but just as one problem was fixed, another just had to appear.

"Oppa! Yoo-hoo~ oppa!" It was Fei - waving her hand around trying to grab Se Hun's attention as she approached him.

"What are you doing over here?," Se Hun asked surprised - Fei never came to see him during lunch hour,"Your table is on the other side of the cafeteria."

"I know, I know," she replied lazily,"the girls and I were just curious about your new friend. He's a little cutie, huh?" Fei smiled as she stared at Lu Han.

Lu Han noticed Fei staring at him which made him start feeling uncomfortable.

"Sunbae..." Lu Han whined quietly as he tried to inch away from Fei but being careful as to not make it too obvious - he would hate to seem rude or something.

Se Hun already knew what it was that was bothering Lu Han so he gently tapped Fei's arm.

"Jagiya, don't stare at him like that. You're making him uncomfortable." Se Hun politely requested.

"Ugh," Fei scoffed,"it's not like I did anything wrong."

"And it begins..." Chen announced - getting annoyed due to the fact that he couldn't enjoy his meal in peace.

"You got something to say to me?!" Fei squawked.

"Yah, go back to your own table!" Baekhyun shouted.

Fei snarled and gave him the finger but then Se Hun quickly put it down.

"Hajima~"

But Fei was still at it - she just wasn't satisfied yet. There were things she still had to say and she was determined.

"You both are just jealous because I'm richer than you, look better than you and have a glamorous relationship which neither of you obviously have. Maybe if you would act more mature, you could obtain maybe hmm...half of what I have." she scolded.

"Well at least if I were in a relationship, I would stay loyal to that person and not cheat on them....unlike you!"...And there it was - the word vomit. Baekhyun covered his mouth instantly. He didn't mean to say it and he wished he could take it back, but it was too late...the secret was out.

 

Uh-oh, you really did it now Baekhyun~ O.O How do you think Se Hun will respond? Don't forget to comment and upvote! <3