Betrayal

Two Paths, One Destiny

Se Hun burst out into a laughter that awkwardly faded out. "Stop your blubbering Baekhyun," Se Hun muttered, picking at his food,"I think that's enough joking around for one day. Now let's eat, okay?"

"It was a joke, right? Fei would never cheat on me...would she?"

Yet, no one was laughing - not even Fei. She was speechless and all she could do was stare down Baekhyun with a look of anger in her eyes that was so intense, she gave off the impression that she was ready to pounce on him.

"I'm afraid it's true,"Chen said softly, pulling out the camera Se Hun had given back to him earlier and handed it to him,"If you don't believe us, then take a look for yourself."

Fei quickly shot her eyes away from Baekhyun and onto the camera Chen was passing to Se Hun. She didn't know what kind of pictures he had on there, but it was obvious they were something she didn't want Se Hun to see - and she was willing to do anything to keep it that way.

"Oppa~,"Fei whined, viciously shaking Se Hun,"you seriously don't believe them, do you?...Do you?! You know I would never cheat on you...right?" But Se Hun wasn't listening. He hesitantly reached for the camera - his hands trembling with anxiety as the tension grew more and more.

"All I need to know is right there in front of me. I should be ready to just snatch it up, but yet, my hand won't move fast enough." 

But as Se Hun was just about to pick up the camera, Fei, panickly, snatched it up and jolted out the cafeteria.

"See?! I told you," Baekhyun exclaimed wide-eyed - following Fei with his finger as she made her escape out the cafeteria,"Don't just let her get away hyung!"

Se Hun nodded once and jumped up - chasing her down until finally he caught up to her on the rooftop. It was a dead end and she had no where else to run - Se Hun had her now.

"Hand over the camera Fei." Se Hun asked calmly - out-stretching his hand as he slowly inched towards her. But with every step he took forward, Fei would step back one.

"Aniya!," Fei yelled as she fiercely shook her head - tears streaming down her cheeks,"come any closer, I swear I'll drop this off the roof!"

"No need to do anything stupid, so let's just go somewhere and talk about this like civilized citizens, hm?" Se Hun tried his best to calm Fei down, but nothing he said made her budge from that spot.

"You believe me...don't you oppa?," Fei sniffled - backing away closer to the edge of the roof,"You don't need these useless pictures to prove anything. You know your friends hate me. This is just their way of trying to break us up...to get rid of me."

Se Hun wasn't senseless - he could see that Fei was trying to distract him while she positioned herself to toss the camera. He had to make a break for it and grab her before he could let that happen.

As soon as he counted down in his head from three, he went for it - and just as he expected, so did Fei. But just as she was on the verge of sending the camera over the edge, Se Hun grabbed her wrist and snatched it away and he didn't intend on letting her go either - not until he was finished with what he had to do.

Fei fought back with all she could - pulling and twisting her arm around in every way she could to break free, but it was no use. Se Hun was too strong for her.

"Let go! You're hurting me!" she grunted, still fighting to taper off his grip. She didn't want to be around when Se Hun saw the pictures - for once, she was actually afraid to face him.

But like any other person in this kind of predicament, Se Hun ignored her - scrolling through the pictures until he got to the ones he was anxiously waiting to see. And then at last...there they were just as clear as day. It was true - Fei was cheating on him. Unfortunately, Se Hun couldn't see the man's face so he had no idea who it could be.

Still holding tightly onto Fei, Se Hun jerked her back towards him and pinned her against the closest wall - placing the photo right up to her face so she could get a good look at it.

"Who is he?" Se Hun asked calmly, although the ferocity could still be heard in his voice.

Fei just gazed at him - eyes still full of tears. "I-I...he's just my...y-you're..." She couldn't focus and no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't get her words out. Se Hun never acted so cold towards her before - her nerves were getting to her.

Se Hun, growing tired of waiting for her to make up an excuse, slapped the wall behind her - so harsh, the force of wind that flared from his hand made Fei's hair to move, causing her to jump as she felt it brush across her face.

"You don't know him, okay?!," she squawked out after being scared by Se Hun's sudden gesture,"he's just some random guy I met about a month ago when some of my friends and I were eating out at this new restaurant."

"How could you do this to me? What were you thinking?!," he asked, trying to keep himself suppressed,"you didn't even have the common decency to come to me and tell me you weren't happy or that you were just plain bored with me. I love you...and you're just willing to throw away years of something special we both shared for some random man you just met a month ago?!"

Se Hun clenched his jaw once then relaxed it back, giving Fei a cold, hard stare before he finally unpinned her from the wall. Se Hun couldn't even look at her right now so he turned away - he wasn't sure whether he was angry or wanted to break out in tears. His face grew redder as he fought hard to choke back his tears.

"...How long has this been going on?" he quietly asked.

"M-mwo?" she responded, still shaken up from earlier.

"I said 'how long'?!" he barked, turning back around to face her again. Se Hun tried to keep his cool, but it was like, every moment he spent around her, he couldn't contain his rage. Everything about her was upsetting him - her face, her voice...even knowing that she existed.

"Oppa~..." Fei cried as she saw the anger in his eyes.

Se Hun exhaled deeply, trying to calm his nerves. "I'm not doing this with you right now. You just go around doing whatever you want, so as of now on, we are no longer together."

With that being said, Se Hun gives her one last glare and casually heads back downstairs - leaving Fei on the rooftop by herself to sulk alone.

"Did he just break up with me? Nobody breaks up with me!" she huffed - stomping her foot before following behind Se Hun soon after.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Later that day, the bell rang declaring school was over - Baekhyun and Chen met up in the lobby as usual, but this time, Lu Han was there to join them. They were all looking around for Se Hun - whom they haven't seen since their little incident at lunch this afternoon.

"I wonder where he went," Chen said puzzled, scratching his head as he thought of places Se Hun could have run off to,"and you two haven't seen him at all since lunch hour?"

Lu Han and Baekhyun both nodded.

"He must be really upset." Lu Han said with a sad tone to his voice. He couldn't help but to feel sorry for Se Hun even though they were still pretty much strangers - seeing Se Hun upset made him upset too.

Chen and Baekhyun both looked at Lu Han surprised. That was the most Lu Han said all at one time throughout the whole day.

"Well what do ya know...he lives!" Baekhyun yelled jokingly, trying to make Lu Han laugh - which seemed to work a little. He could see a small smile appear on Lu Han's face, but then gradually disappeared.

Suddenly, a slow moving figure caught the corner of Chen's eye causing him to look upon it. It was Se Hun! Chen was glad to see it was him, but he couldn't find the strength to call out to him. His appearance was an eye sore and he looked worn out like he hadn't slept for days - he appeared dead almost. It made Chen unsure as to how he should approach him, but he couldn't bear to make the situation worse so he just stood there.

Baekhyun must have seen him too because, unlike Chen, he was able to run up to greet Se Hun. "Hyung...are you okay?" he asked sincerely.

But Se Hun just continued walking with his eyes fixated on the school doors that led outside - dragging his feet with every step. 

"Sunbae...what happened to you?" Lu Han thought to himself - out-stretching his hand as if he was trying to grab him as he watched him walk pass.

Chen couldn't stand to just sit back and watch Se Hun act like this any longer so he inhaled, filling his lung with air before exhaling slowly - preparing himself to approach Se Hun.

He strolled over to Se Hun and blocked his path - placing his hand on Se Hun chest to get him to stop walking.

Se Hun stopped walking but didn't fight back - he just stood there staring at the ground like he was waiting for Chen to say something...but he didn't. Chen just grabbed the back of Se Hun's neck and pulled him into his arms and that's when he started fighting back.

"Hajima..." Se Hun said softly - pushing Chen away with every effort he tried pulling him in.

But Chen wasn't giving up that easy. He knew Se Hun desperately needed a friend right now, so no matter how hard Se Hun fought to push him away, he was going to fight back even harder.

"Hajima...hajima~!" Se Hun yelled, getting slightly irritated - yanking and tugging on Chen's shirt sleeves as he fought to push his arms away.

So being as stubborn as Chen was, of course he continued fighting back with all he could until eventually, Se Hun broke down in tears. This was Chen's chance to attempt comforting him again - pulling him in close to hug him.

"Hyung~!" Se Hun cried out loud - burying his face in Chen's shoulder. Se Hun hated crying in front of people. It made him feel weak when he wanted to be strong, especially in front of Chen and Baekhyun.

"I know, I know...it hurts right now,"Chen said still hugging him for comfort - softly Se Hun's hair,"but don't shed your tears for someone who doesn't deserve them. And once you find true happines, where it's not just one-sided love, just remember that you have friends that will always support you no matter the circumstance."

Se Hun was hearing everything Chen said, but he couldn't stop crying. He felt like his world had suddenly been flipped upside down - like someone drove a knife through his heart that would leave a scar forever.

Lu Han and Baekhyun stood back as they gazed upon Chen consoling Se Hun in his time of need and watching this made their hearts feel heavy - like there was nothing they could do to help him too.

The sound of Se Hun's cries echoing throughout the lobby was too much for them to handle to the point where they both started tearing up as well. Chen was the only one who was able to keep it together. It's wasn't that he didn't feel bad for Se Hun or that he was heartless towards the situation, he just had to be strong for him - if he started crying too, then how much would that help Se Hun to feel better?

"You're okay." Chen said to Se Hun before patting his back a few times and releasing him.

Se Hun reassured Chen with a nod, still watching the ground as he blotted the remaining tears off his face and even though he didn't let it show, Se Hun was embarrassed. This was the first time he ever cried in front of Chen or Baekhyun - let alone anyone. But not only that, Lu Han, the new kid at the school of all people, saw him cry too. Though, despite all the negative outcomes, it felt good to cry and to have his closest friends around to comfort him - holding it in probably would have made him feel even worse. As a matter of fact, Se Hun didn't even remember the last time he cried. 

Baekhyun walked over to Se Hun a put his arm around his shoulders. "You feeling a little better hyung?"

Se Hun shrugged. "I guess so..." he mumbled, still teary-eyed.

Lu Han smiled softly but the sadness didn't leave his face. He wasn't close to Se Hun but he was still thinking of ways he could help cheer him up. 

As he was thinking, he noticed a couple of people coming up the hallway behind Chen, Baekhyun and Se Hun.

Lu Han narrowed his eyes to see if he could get a better look - it was Fei...and the guy they saw her with the other day was with her too. It looked like he came to pick her up from school. Lu Han couldn't let Se Hun face her again...not while he was in this state. And besides, Lu Han didn't know what was running through Se Hun's mind when he found out Fei was cheating on him. He'd probably tear the man apart if he saw him - he had to warn Chen or Baekhyun.

"Chen sunbae!" Lu Han warned - notioning that Fei was coming up behind them.

Chen turned around - confirming that it was actually Fei and not just some girl that happened to look like her, but it was Fei all right. Chen tapped Baekhyun's arm, which was still hung around Se Hun's shoulders.

Baekhyun turned his head and noticed Chen signaling him to stay quiet.

"Fei's coming this way." Chen mouthed so Se Hun wouldn't over-hear him. 

Baekhyun looked behind him - being sure not to seem too obvious. Chen was right...she was coming right at them and Baekhyun had the perfect plan. He waited to the point where they were just about to pass them by and pulled Se Hun into him - shielding his face against his shoulder so he couldn't see Fei and her new 'boy toy'.

"I'm always here for you too, hyung." Baekhyun said sincerely - calmly patting his back.

But Se Hun knew what they were up to...and he appreciated every bit of what they were doing for him. He was glad to have friends like Baekhyun and Chen - their comfort was just what he needed.

Fei glared at Chen and Baekhyun as she walked past them - pursing her lips in anger. She held nothing but pure anger towards the two of them for causing her and Se Hun to break up earlier. If she could, she would give them both a good slap across the face. But when she glanced over at Lu Han, the expression on her face changed - it was more relaxed.

Fei smiled at Lu Han and gave him a little cheesy wave.

Lu Han looked over at Fei, who was now smiling at him, and quickly looked away to the ground. "Why is she smiling at me like that again?"

When it was clear, Baekhyun let go of Se Hun and gave him one of his signature aegyo smiles Se Hun never could resist.

"Let's go eat something hyung," Baekhyun pouted - pulling Se Hun's arm,"I'm hungry~."

As hard as Se Hun tried to fight back his smile, he cracked - a slight smile crept across his face.

"Omo~ Chen hyung! Lu Han-ssi! Look, I made him smile!," Baekhyun exclaimed happily - pointing at Se Hun's mouth,"Uwa~ look look look...look at it! Aaahh~ kyeopta!"

Lu Han and Chen laughed. Baekhyung almost never failed to make someone laugh. It was just one of his many great qualities that kept their friendship so strong. His gesture made everyone's heart's feel less burdened - seeing Se Hun cracked even the smallest smile was all they were looking forward to.

"Aigoo~" Se Hun chuckled softly before slapping Baekhyun's hand away from his mouth.

"Ouch, hyung~," Baekhyun whined before pausing for a brief moment,"...I was serious about getting something to eat though, sooo..."

Chen just shook his head. "Aish~ stop eating so much, would you?" Chen said before ruffling Baekhyun's hair.

"I'm a growing boy hyung," Baekhyun responded,"I need to eat or I'll wither and probably die."

"Alright," Se Hun agreed just to get the two of them to stop bickering,"let's go eat then."

"Yes!," Baekhyun exclaimed after getting his way,"you coming too Lu Han?"

Lu Han shook his head. "Andwae," he responded,"I have to be home before it gets dark."

It's not like Lu Han didn't want to go, he just couldn't. If his parents were to catch him getting home too late, their would, more than likely, be consequences waiting for him as soon as he got in the door. Just the thought of it made Lu Han wince. It wasn't fair to him. This was his chance to bond closer with everyone - a chance to know them better...especially Se Hun. He wasn't quite sure what it was, but he found comfort in him - like a child finds comfort within their mother's arms.

"We can walk you home if you'd like." Chen offered.

"No...I'm okay."

Baekhyun shrugged. "Well...okay then. Guess we'll see you at school tomorrow."

"Make sure you go straight home." Se Hun said firmly before Lu Han nodded and ran out the door.

"He must be in a hurry or something." Chen said as he watched Lu Han run off.

"I have to hurry up and get home. I've already wasted too much time." Lu Han thought - pushing and shoving through the crowds of people that filled the busy streets of Seoul until, finally, he reached his neighborhood.

"Phew!," Lu Han exclaimed, trying to catch his breath,"I need to get out more often then maybe I wouldn't be so tired running to get here on time."

After resting a few minutes to catch his breath, Lu Han trudged on - determined to make it home before he felt like he was going to pass out, dragging his feet under him.

"Home~." he huffed as he made his way up the path that lead to the front door. But before Lu Han made it to the door, he noticed someone sitting on the stairs of his house.

"...Who is that?" Lu Han thought to himself - slowly approaching the person that sat before him.

"I've been waiting for you...Lu Han."