Caught You!

Two Paths, One Destiny

"Sc-school?" Lu Han sat surprised at what he heard just now. He didn't know whether he was excited or not - being able to finally go to school at make friends and all. But just the thought of it made Lu Han slightly nervous.

"Yes...school," replied his father,"don't say we've never thought about you." He then picked up his newspaper and harshly snapped it open; pulling it up closer to his face.

"Which school?" Lu Han quietly asked.

"Seoul Arts High," grunted his father,"if we're going to be sending you off to school, it may as well be a school that'll make you into a son we'd actually be proud of." 

Lu Han said nothing and nodded in understanding. Lu Han was always careful not to argue back with his parents; knowing that there would be consequences if he did so he never spoke his mind nor had the chance to express his notions.

"Why are you still sitting there? You're dismissed." signaled his mother, shooing him off to his room.

Lu Han slowly stood, bowed to his parents and retreated quietly to his room. Once there, he sighed heavily and plopped down on his bed, exhausted. "You'd think I'd be used to this by now," Lu Han said to himself,"I feel more exhausted than ever."

The pain in Lu Han's body became more intense now as he laid still. "I wonder if it's because I missed breakfast - come to think of it, I never got the chance to even eat breakfast." His stomach began to rumble at the thought of food, but he ignored it. Lu Han was used to missing meals so it was nothing new to him.

Lu Han rolled over to his night stand where his alarm clock and a single table lamp stood. He pulled out the drawer and inside laid a book; it was Lu Han's favorite book. It was the only thing that made Lu Han smile when he was having a bad day - which was pretty much everyday. He had read it so many times, that the pages had become weary and some even torn. But this didn't bother Lu Han. To him, it was still readable. 

He propped his pillow up against his bed's headboard and began to read. But for some reason, not too long after starting his book, Lu Han begins reading the same line over and over again. He starts thinking about the couple he saw earlier that day.

"They looked so happy. I wonder what it's like - to care about someone and knowing that they feel the same way about you too..." Lu Han blushed as if he had already experienced this feeling and went back to reading his book in silence.

----------------------

Se Hun may have been the most popular boy in school, but he loved everything about school. Learning, the teachers, the smell of new textbooks - everything he did, he gave it 110 percent. His parents thought of him as their "star child". They've always had high expectations of Se Hun and now they're proud he got to live up to them.

At school, Chen and Baekhyun were standing in front of Se Hun's locker, chatting, waiting for him to arrive. They both greeted Se Hun with a smile and quickly walked up to him before he even got the chance to reach his locker.

"Hyung!," Baekhyun greeted happily,"what took you so long to get here? I thought my legs were going to fall off waiting for you."

Se Hun couldn't help but to laugh. "Uwa~ you complain way too much Baekhyun-ah," replied Se Hun,"if standing up was too much for you, you should have just waited in the classroom or the lobby."

"Huh?," Baekhyun blinked wide-eyed then exploded,"Aish!" - before spinning around into a full 180 and planting his face into one of the lockers.

Chen said nothing but just face palmed himself. "Must you be so dramatic all the time? What's up with you?" Chen said, annoyed by Baekhyun's actions.

Baekhyun rushed over to Chen - now closely face-to-face with him.

"How was that, hyung? Good, right? Hm? HM?!" Baekhyun asked - now staring intensely waiting for Chen to answer him.

Chen paused - staring back wide-eyed, surprised that Baekhyun was actually this close to his face. "Yah! You're too close!" Chen yelled before lightly, yet effectively, shoving him away.

"I'll take that as a yes." Baekhyun smiled proudly at Chen before he just rolled his eyes at him and ruffled Baekhyun's hair, giving him a slight smile.

Se Hun began walking over to his locker and started taking out what he needed for his first class. "Don't you think you're taking this acting thing way too seriously?" he said - now looking at Baekhyun.

"I take my acting seriously just as you take your dancing and singing seriously." replied Baekhyun.

"Aish! You guys are so childish," complained Fei as she approached them,"Can't you two see my oppa is very busy these days? He doesn't have time to fool around with...children. Once oppa debuts, we'll be that star couple everyone will be jealous of. Hmph!" 

Fei fiercely whips her hair with her hand towards Chen's way, hitting him right in the eye.

"Sheesh, watch it, would yah?!" Chen said, now irritated - covering his eye with his hand.

"Who brought Cruella to the party?" mumbled Baekhyun before being struck upside the head by Fei who overheard his smart comment and then walked away satisfied.

"Ouch, hyung, she hit my head~" whined Baekhyun while rubbing his head where Fei struck him.

"You guys should try and be nicer to Fei," Se Hun suggested,"she's not that bad once you get to know her."

"Not that bad? She just whip-lashed me in the eye with her hair!" Chen complained.

"Argh!" Baekhyun teased, imitating a pirate with a hook hand using his index finger.

Chen glared at Baekhyun and he knew it was time to leave - running towards class and Chen following close behind.

"Se Hun hyung~!" Baekhyun cried from a distance.

Se Hun chuckled and began making his way to class too before the bell rang.

-------------------------

Now the end of school, Chen and Baekhyun are walking out to the lobby to wait for Se Hun like he asked since he had a brief, prior engagement, causing him to get out of class a little later than usual.

"Did you and Se Hun figure out whose house we're going to to study tonight?" asked Baekhyun.

Chen shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not quite sure, but it'll most likely be Se Hun's house since Fei's coming along too...unfortunately."

"Why is she coming too?" snorted Baekhyun.

"I think Se Hun said she needed tutoring or something." Chen replied.

"I don't like her, hyung." Baekhyun pouted.

"Me neither," smiled Chen at Baekhyun's aegyo,"but since she's our friend's girlfriend, we'll just have to put up with her in the meantime."

Chen then casually slipped his arm around Baekhyun's shoulders and continued their walk to the lobby, until Chen saw something that made him come to a complete halt.

Baekhyun was confused. "Why did he just stop all of a sudden?"

"What is it hyung?" asked Baekhyun while looking over to Chen.

Chen just stood there...frozen.

"Hyung!" yelled Baekhyun.

"Shhh!" Chen gestured Baekhyun to be silent and pointed into the direction of where he was looking.

Baekhyun slowly turned his head, still confused - following the trail of which Chen's finger was pointing and let out a brief gasp. "Mwoya~?" said Baekhyun shocked.

Chen briefly smirked. "I got you now..."