So Naive

Two Paths, One Destiny

In the distance stood Fei with another man - embracing her as if they had been seeing each other for quite some time now. Chen hastily pulled out his digital camera and starting taking photos from around the corner, careful not to be seen.

"Who is that man? I don't think I've ever seen him around before." Baekhyun asked observing him closely - squinting his eyes as if that would help him see any better.

The man was tall, about around Se Hun's height, with fairly long, thick, dark hair. By the judging of his clothing, he wasn't a student that attended their school. His clothing was that of which you would typically see a 'rebel' wear, though he seemed well groomed.

"I'm not sure," Chen replied while trying to get a good angle to take another picture,"but I'm starting to feel very uneasy."

He finally gets the perfect picture where Fei's face could be seen clearly and starts analyzing it - zooming in and out; rotating and flipping it.

"Yah, Chen hyung! Baekhyun-ah!" yelled a familiar voice from afar. It sounded like it was coming from behind them and the footsteps drew closer.

It was Se Hun and he looked happy - waving and smiling, but still trying to keep his cool image by taking his time to get to them. He felt relieved that his activities were over and got to spend time with his friends and see his girlfriend, even if it was just for studying and tutoring.

Baekhyun looked at Fei and the mystery man, then threw his stare back to Se Hun who was now drawing closer. He frantically nudged Chen with his elbow.

"Hyung, what do we do?," Baekhyun asked in a soft panic,"if he finds out like this..."

"Clam down," Chen replied quiet, but firmly,"he's not going to find out...at least not now while he's in such a good mood. Just follow my lead."

Chen quickly rushed over to Se Hun before he reached the end of the hallway where Fei and her secret lover were making lovey-dovey faces at each other - Baekhyun following close behind.

"You guys ready to go?" Se Hun asked with a corky smile.

"What's the rush? The school atmosphere is so nice today." Chen laughed, nervously, firmly grabbing Se Hun's shoulder and gently rocking him back and forth a few times.

"What's with you two today? Baekhyun looks as if he has just seen a ghost. You're both acting so strange all of a sudden." replied Se Hun confused, yet oddly amused - trying to move around Baekhyun and Chen so he could leave. But every time he made the effort, they would, both, block his path simultaneously.

"Hajima~," Se Hun complained,"Fei's waiting for me in the lobby."

Baekhyun shook his head. "We were just there and we didn't see her. She must have left for your house already...or something."

"Geurae!" Chen agreed.

"Then that's more than a good enough reason to hurry and leave now, hm?" Se Hun replied - now becoming irritable. He began charging forward towards the lobby, regardless of each effort Baekhyun and Chen tried to distract him and block his path.

"Hyung, wait! Hyung...HYUNG!" begged Baekhyung, desperately grabbing his arm trying to hold him back. But Se Hun just ignored him.

After several attempts, finally, he reached the lobby and looked around - reassuring that Fei had truly left.

"I guess you guys were right...she did leave." Se Hun scrunched up his face but then quickly relaxed it - disappointed she didn't wait for him. "You know," he started,"you two could save a lot more energy if you'd stop playing around so much."

Chen and Baekhyun heard nothing he just said. Their only focus was to make sure Fei was no where to be found. It would be too harsh for Se Hun to figure out that Fei was cheating on him this way. Once confirmed, they just sighed in relief once they knew that their efforts didn't go unaccounted for.

------------------------------

Not long after, Se Hun arrives at his house along with Baekhyun and Chen for their afterschool study and tutoring session they usually have at least once a week. It was always just the three of them but, for some reason, Fei decided to tag along this time that had Chen skeptical as to what her real intentions were.

Se Hun, Chen and Baekhyun entered the house, laughing and joking - stumbling around trying to remove their shoes before retreating to the kitchen for a pre-study session snack.

Se Hun's house had a modern type theme on the inside but the outside was more on a classical or historical like scale. The house was maintained by several maids and a single butler who tended to more of his mother's needs and her business while his father was away for long periods of time.

As they were walking towards the kitchen, Fei caught a glimpse of Se Hun out the corner of her eye. She was sitting in the family room with Se Hun's mother having tea, laughing and chatting. Since her and Se Hun's mother were close, she never hesitated to make Fei feel at home - she was like a daughter to her.

"Oh, oppa you're here!" Fei skipped happily by Se Hun's side; clinging on to his arm as if she hadn't seen him in ages and gave him a big grin - the grin he couldn't resist and always made him blush. But Chen and Baekhyun both knew that it was all just part of some big act. They had no idea what she was up to, but they were determined to figure it out...somehow.

"Did you work hard today?" Se Hun asked with a sincere smile.

Fei nodded. "Nae~ I walked all the way here and now my feet really hurt." she whined.

Baekhyun and Chen just rolled their eyes. She was always complaining and honestly, they grew tired of it.

Se Hun's mother came over to greet everyone. She was the type of mother that loved to be involved with everyone Se Hun talked to and although he didn't mind, he wished his mother wasn't so protective of him all the time. 

"How was your day at school? Do you have any homework? Did you eat all of your lunch? Are you...." Se Hun's mother rambled before being interrupted.

"Eomma~ hajima." Se Hun complained.

"I'm just messing with you," she chuckled and patted his arm,"now who's hungry?"

Baekhyun raised his hand in a hurry. "Oh! Me!"

Fei rolled her eyes and looked away. "You're ALWAYS hungry."

Baekhyun just ignored her then grabbed Chen by his shoulders and started pushing him towards the kitchen, following after Se Hun's mother.

Se Hun waited until they were out of sight before he started talking to Fei - for it may have started even more drama.

"Why do you keep talking to my friends like that? You may be my girlfriend but I have to protect them too." Se Hun said firmly.

"Whatever," Fei coldly replied,"I don't like them and I don't see why I should. All they're doing is holding you back in life. They're so...childish."

Se Hun scoffed. "Childish? You only think they're childish because you've never thought to actually sit down and get to know them. They're not "childish", they just know how to have fun."

Fei just laughed sarcastically at his comment while heading into the kitchen - leaving Se Hun behind. "Eomeoni~."

"I swear...it feels like I'm talking to a child sometimes." Se Hun said quietly to himself before joining his company in the kitchen.

----------------------------------

Later that evening, Lu Han was in the kitchen preparing dinner for his parents. It consisted of napa kimchi, ssalbap, yukaejang, daeji bulgogi, jwipo jorim, sukju namul muchim, ojingeochae bokkeum, eomuk-jochae and cucumber canapes. Lu Han usually spent hours preparing dinner and it was tiresome. If there were any flaws in his cooking, depending on how severe it was, would determine his punishment; whether it was being sent to his room without dinner to being spanked with a rattan cane or leather strip.

Lu Han finished dinner and stood back after setting the table with a smile of satisfaction. He was always pleased with what he cooked even if his parents didn't always agree.

He walked into the family room where his parents were standing and noticed that they were formally dressed like they were about to go out somewhere special.

"Eum," Lu Han began before clearing his throat,"dinner's ready and I already set the table too."

"Oh, we forgot to tell you," said Lu Han's mother while adjusting her husband's tie,"we have a dinner date tonight with some co-workers so we won't be eating with you this time. So be a good little boy and stay in this house, araseo?"

"Araseo." Lu Han replied with a frown. 

He watched as his parents left out the door then walked over to the table where the food, which he spent hours preparing, was just sitting there getting cold. He didn't want it all going to waste so Lu Han slumped down in one of the chairs and ate by himself - eating a nibble here and there of everything. He began feeling sick to his stomach. Not because of the food - Lu Han thought the food was delicious, but the fact that his parents didn't even tell him that they weren't going to be home for dinner that night really made his stomach churn.

"Why do they always treat me like this?," Lu Han asked himself - hastily stuffing his mouth with food, but no matter how much Lu Han would eat, it just wouldn't fill that empty hole in his heart.

He hated this feeling and couldn't take it anymore - throwing his chopsticks down on the table, putting his head down on the table and cried into his arms. Lu Han cried for at least fifteen minutes before he realized that him crying wasn't helping the situation and that's when it hit him.

Lu Han sprung up from the table and starting clearing the table - putting away the leftovers and washing up the dishes. Since Lu Han's parents hardly ever let him leave the house, other than running errands, Lu Han wanted the seize the opportunity to explore the city before his parents got home.

After he was done cleaning up, he ran to the door, slipped on his shoes, threw on his coat and headed outside without hesitation. The air was so crisp and fresh. Lu Han wasn't in a rush anymore and decided to just take a minute to breathe it all in.

"Hmm," Lu Han exhaled before looking around,"where should I go?" It was all so new to him. He just went where his heart took him. 

It wasn't long before he caught himself inside the heart of Seoul.

"Uwa~." Lu Han was amazed by all the lights, the tall buildings, all the people and the smells that leaked from the restaurants he passed.

Lu Han never felt so alive - so happy. It was like being born again. He spotted a street vendor in the distance and decided to check it out since he's always been able to look at it briefly when running errands, but never had the chance to see what it was all about.

He cautiously crossed the street and went inside the tent. The smell was so intoxicating it made Lu Han's stomach growl even though he had just finished eating. He walked over to where the food was being cooked and just observed since Lu Han didn't have any money.

One of the women that worked there saw Lu Han and saw that he was eager to try one. She walked over to him and handed him a fish cake.

Lu Han looked up and noticed one of the women handing him something.

"Oh, no sorry, I don't have any money." Lu Han responded - waving his hands in front of her - notioning to take it back.

"It's okay," she smiled still offering him the fish cake,"this one's on me."

Lu Han nervously smiled and hesitantly took it from her. "K-kamsahamnida," he replied, bowing his head repeatedly,"kamsahamnida."

The woman just smiled and slightly bowed her head as she saw Lu Han off on his way.

Lu Han didn't know food from a street vendor could smell so good and after taking his first bite, he didn't think that it would taste even better and with that, a soft smile began to stretch across Lu Han's face. It was so warm and each bite felt like the first.

He was so caught up in everything, that Lu Han forgot to watch where he was going. He backed up into something hard...or someone but he was to afraid to turn around so he just stood there wide-eyed - frozen...