What Really Happened Ten Years Ago...

Surviving Alone

We're your brothers...We're your brothers...

I heard those three words echo over and over, they were my brothers. I needed to sit down, but someone caught me before I hit the glass pieces again. Leeteuk led me to the sofa. Not Leeteuk, JungSoo. The same JungSoo and JungWoon from ten years ago. The same brothers I remember vaguely...

Then a blow even bigger than them being my brothers hit me. They were the same brothers who left me and Kibum to fend alone. They were the same ones who left us to survive alone.

By now I was gaping and gasping like a fish out of water. What was I doing here?! I got up to leave, but Jungwoon pushed me back down. He held an ice pack for my cheek and arm, but I flinched from his touch. I saw the look of hurt on his face, but he deserved it. They both deserved it. All of them. Especially my parents.

This time when I got up to leave no one stopped me, I threw open the door and ignored the pitied glances the other gang members threw me. I was just about to take a step over the threshold, but someone held me back. Henry looked at me with sad eyes. I tried to tug my wrist out of his hand.

"At least hear them out," he said in an uncharacteristically depressed voice. I paused when I saw his expression, I knew I'd disappoint him if I didn't.

I sighed and let him drag me back to the living room. I don't even know why it matters what he thinks about me, but it did. Donghae sat beside me and put the forgotten ice pack on my face.

"I'm calling Kibum to come over," said Jungsoo in a dejected voice, he wore a depressed expression. Guilt attacked me and I struggled for a second to keep my face.

___________________________________

 The rest of the gang dispersed, leaving the three of us, Jungsoo, Jungwoon and I, alone in the living room. None of us looked at each other. An awkward silence stood over us, before I realized that hyung was coming over.

Several feelings hit me at once.

After everything he's ever done for me, I repayed him back by leaving him alone in the hospital with nothing but keys to an empty and bare apartment and  barely enough money to live on. Was he sad? Horrified? Depressed?

A horrible feeling hit the bottom of my stomach. Is he okay? How was he after his cure? Was he healthy? Did the surgury go well?

What am I going to do?

What's he going to do?

I sat there for five minutes worrying about hyung's reaction, then we heard the a faint knock on the door. Someone from the kitchen must've opened the door for him, because Kibum came and sat on the sofa across from me. I looked at him in surprised, expecting him to sit next to me, but he avoided my eyes. This hit me harder than anything ever did before.

He surprised me even further when he glared with the most hateful expression I've ever seen on his face. His eyes were trained on Jungsoo and Jungwoon. They on the other hand just looked back at him with un-readable eyes.

We stayed like that for five minutes before Kibum talked. "Why did you ask for me to come?" he spitted. Truth be told, he was scaring me. I've never seen him this angry, he wasn't this mad when I stole his credit card.

"We think Kyuhyun should know about what really happened ten years ago," Jungwoon started, "We know you told him...something else."

"Why don't you tell him, rather than wasting my time?" said Kibum in an indifferent voice.

"He wont believe us, we think you should tell him."

 Kibum glared at him for a while, before turning his eyes on me. I saw that underneath his glare he had regret, pain, and something that looked malicious.

"Ten years ago, Kyuhyun, I ran away with you," he said quickly, "Can I go now?"

Did I hear correctly? But Kibum hyung said that our parents left us, not the other way around. Does that mean our parents and brothers didn't leave us?

Jungwoon gave an exasperated sigh, "Is that all you're going to tell him? Why did you run away in the first place?"

Hyung's eyes tightened,  "That is no one's business. You're wasting my time, I'm leaving." And without looking back at me again he left.

Did he really... 

My eyes filled with tears, but I held them back. My brothers, my heart lightened, needed an apoliqy. 

I turned to them and was just about to open my mouth when Jungwoon jumped on me and hugged me.

"I LOVE YOU TOO!" he said happily and hugged my face into his chest.

 


 

Good-bye oppa!! Have fun in camp!

The Internet froze and I couldn't update yesterday like I promised!

I'm a horrible dongsaeng :"(  Please forgive me!