Because We Care

Surviving Alone

 

I woke up the next day energized and hopeful; happy that I finally slept for over 8 hours last night. After calling Onew that I was going over to his place to work for a couple of hours, I ate my first full meal in weeks.

I entered his shop feeling optimistic and cheerful. “Hello, Onew!” I smiled. I stopped for a second, surprised to see the gang, but continued. I wasn’t going to let them dampen my mood. Still smiling at them, I bowed in their direction quickly. Surprised they just stared at me.

“Hey,” replied Onew, “You’re looking cheerful! Good now smile for your customers!” He passed me some menus and pushed me towards the gang.

Still smiling, but a bit forced this time I went to them. “Welcome! My name’s Kyuhyun and I’ll be your waiter this morning. Here are your menus. Would you like anything to drink?” I asked while passing their menus around.

Avoiding their eyes, I looked for my tab book from my pocket and wrote down their drinks. I bowed and walked backwards to the kitchen and got their drinks. Holding two trays in my hands I walked back to them and served their drinks.

Serving Leeteuk, after screaming at him over the phone, was the most awkward thing I’ve ever been through. I admit I felt guilty, he didn’t know I had a brother that had cancer. He didn’t know I felt like he was trying to replace him.

Looking up I saw Leeteuk staring at me with sad eyes. Now I was feeling a lot worse. How could I scream at someone who cared for me? I’m an awful person.

“I’m sorry,” I blurted out.He looked bewildered, and I quickly continued, “I shouldn’t have screamed at you, it’s just,” I sighed, “it was a bad day. I hope you can forgive me.” I looked at him, waiting for him to say something.

“No, I should be sorry, I yelled at you and pressured you to tell me stuff that wasn’t any of my business,” he said

I smiled, feeling happy again. Bringing my hand up to shake his I said, “Then we’re okay?”

He took my hand, “Yeah.” We both smiled at each other like idiots. The bell that hung over the door rang. “I’ll be back, call for me when your done your orders” I said to all of them now. I bowed and smiled for the next customers.

Looks like this day will be a good one.

 

 

4 hours later, I said good-bye to Onew, exited his shop, and caught myself before I tripped. I looked down and saw the whole gang sitting on the ground. They looked back at me and smiled. Leeteuk and Yesung shot up and grabbed my arm on either side, dragging me forward.

“Uh... Where are you guys taking me?” I had half-an-hour until my next job, and I was planning on visiting on Kibum to make sure he was okay. Looking back, I saw the rest of the gang following me with the same smile on their faces. Their smiles were starting to creep me out. I sighed and started to walk, they weren’t going to let me go any time soon. Might as well get this over with as soon as possible.

They stopped in front of the hospital Kibum was in and stared at me. I waited for them to tell me what to do.

The most impatient looking one crossed his arms and sighed, “Well? Show us your brother.” I gaped at him. “W-why?”

The nicer one beside him elbowed him and whispered, “Try nicer, Mimi.” He turned to me, “Because we care.”

My lip trembled; I just heard the three nicest words come out of a stranger’s mouth. I turned around and walked to Kibum’s room, hoping they didn’t see the tears in my eyes.

“How’d you know hyung’s in this hospital?” I asked.

Yesung shrugged. How did they know this sort of stuff? Why did they care about me?

Another snickered, “We stalk you.” Was he joking or serious? I was beginning to worry about my privacy, but we reached hyung’s room.

“Hi hyung! I brought…people over.” I pointed to the gang.

They smiled and shook his hand, “Hey Kibum!” That’s funny, I don’t remember telling them his name…

I told Kibum their their names. “Uh…and company,” I said when I reached the rest of the gang. Kibum laughed.

“That’s insulting, you know their names, but not ours?” said the one with red hair. Leeteuk glared, “What’s that supposed to mean?” I rubbed the back of my neck.

“I’m Ryeowook, the maknae,” one said with a high voice, “Call me your brother-in-law.” The rest of the group laughed and Yesung hit the back of his head, blushing. I stared, confused by what he said, but decided to ignore it.

“Hi! I’m Donghae,” said another one, making a fishy face. “I’m Hyukjae, but you can call me Eunhyuk!” said the one beside him.   

“Heechul,” said the one who was “insulted.” I guess he’s still mad, what a diva. “Call me Hangeng!” said the one beside him in broken Korean. He looked like he was from China.

“My name’s ZhouMi,” said “Mimi” (I smiled evilly in my head, I’ve got to remember that). “I’m Henry,” said the nice boy beside him while smiling. He also had an accent, but an English one? I’ll have to ask him later.

Kibum smiled, but with his weak pasty color, it looked like he was in pain. In a flash, I felt my mood sink with one smile. He was looking worse everyday. I still smiled, but inside I was panicking and wondering what to do. Maybe I really had no choice, but to join the gang. I brightened up, they were nicer than they seemed the first time we meet. Still, it was a gang, I didn’t want to do bad stuff to other people no matter how much they deserved it. For now though, I stopped thinking about it all and just smiled at Kibum, happy that he was still with me.

______________________________________________________

 

I looked at the time. “I have to go,” I said sadly to Kibum. He frowned, but then nodded. He brought his arms up and I hugged him. I brought my fist up, “Fighting!” He did the same.

I waved to the gang who were also leaving. They waved to Kibum and followed me outside.

“Kibum’s just like we remembered him,” said Leeteuk to Yesung who nodded. Before I could ask they both hugged me. Shocked I stood still.

They waved with the rest of the gang and walked away.

I shook my head, but then smiled. I had ten people who cared about me.

I skipped my way to work.

 



 


Thank you awesome subscribers!!!

hehe, I tried writing with sad music on, but couldn't think of anything to write. Instead I listened to No Other and a flock of ideas came to me. :) 

YES!!! LOOKS LIKE I'M NOT GOING ON VACATION... you're probably wondering what's wrong with me, but we were going to go to a big city and I only like vacations to small cities or even better FORESTS!!! It makes sense to me...a vacation is an escape from work and all that, but a big city is filled with work and stuff...you agree?

When I re-read my chapters I noticed a few of mistakes. PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!! I'm not fixing them cuz I'm a lazy pig   YOU DIDN'T READ THAT!!!

Please comment, if you're confused, got a request for me to add in (I'LL DO MY BEST), got questions, or just liked a quote!! 

Like I said, fluff and mushy gushy stuff yet to come... might take a LONG while AGAIN PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!

I LOVE YOU (IF YOU COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, OR EVEN JUST READ)!!!

(not sure if I should make it Rated >:) but it's my first fanfic, I don't want to put fail here :S)