Chapter 37

Foolin' Around

 

Your POV

I’m glad everything’s back to normal. It was summer break and I was just inside my room listening to some songs when I felt my phone vibrate. It was a text from Hoya oppa asking if we could meet. I wasn’t doing anything and I was certain that I didn’t have any plans for the day so I agreed. Maybe he’s bored like me so he decided to go out.

I told my dad that I was going out and surprisingly he was in a good mood today that he didn’t even interrogate me and just approved. He should be like that more often.

Once I was done preparing I went to the meeting place he texted me and it was the park near our old house. I think it’s just his excuse for not going all the way to my house, what a gentleman my friend is.

The park was empty today, how come? There should be a lot of children playing here since it’s summer break but oh well maybe there weren’t really that much in our neighborhood.

I sat on the swings while waiting for Hoya, it’s not like him to be late. I was actually expecting that he was already here and he would be scolding me for taking too long to arrive.

I was swinging back and forth when I felt someone push me that made the swing move higher. I turned around to see Hoya’s smiling face. “YAH! And you told me not to be late.” I told him as he continued to push me. He hasn’t said a single word, he just stood there and would push me when the swing would go back down. “You asked me to go out just to play here?” he still didn’t talk and continued what he was doing.

“YAH! LEE HOWON!” I shouted and when the swing got back down he didn’t push me any longer. I stood up and looked at him. I examined his facial expression if there was anything wrong with him, but I saw nothing he wore an emotionless face.

I waved my hand in front of his face but he didn’t budge. Even when I called him by his full name he didn’t move. What’s he up to? “Yah! If you’ll be like that for the next minute I will definitely go home.” I told him but he didn’t move an inch. I looked at my watch and waited for a minute to pass and when it did and he still hasn’t move I started to walk away but then I felt strong arms wrapped around my waist. I felt stiff in his warm embrace.

“What’s the matter?” I stuttered, why the heck did I just stutter? I waited for his answer but I only felt his warm breath brush against my neck. I tried to get out from his grip so that I could face him but he only tightened his embrace. “Let’s just stay like this for another minute.” he said and I complied since there was nothing wrong with friends hugging each other, right? I was thankful that there were no people around or else they would see my red tainted cheeks and I’ll be so embarrassed.

I felt his arms loosen around my waist and he made me face him. His hands were holding onto my shoulders as he looked straight into my eyes. I was about to say something when he placed his index fingers on my lips.

“Listen to what I have to say.” he said as he backed away a little. I looked at him and waited for him to start speaking again. I saw him breathe in some air before speaking again.

 

Hoya’s POV

Alright Hoya, gather up all your courage. You’ve practiced everything last night. I looked up and met her eyes, she was waiting patiently to what I had to say. It’s now or never Howon. “I know I wasn’t a good boyfriend and I lacked as a friend as well but I’m asking for another chance, if you would let me I’ll be willing to show you how much I would do to make you mine again.” there I finally said it. I waited for her reply she was just looking back at me. I couldn’t read her expression right now.

I took a step forward so that we were now only inches apart. “Say something.” I told her and waited once again. I was taken aback when she suddenly hugged me and I felt my shirt being drenched. Was she crying? You did it again Lee Howon, you made her cry once again.

“I’m sorry if I said something wrong.” I told her as I didn’t know what to do. I then felt my chest vibrate; now she’s laughing? What’s wrong with her? Before I could even utter a word she cleared all the questions in my head.

“Babo! You didn’t do something wrong, I’m actually glad you asked that. If I was given the freedom to answer I would immediately say yes but you know that you have to go through my dad first?” she said as she looked up at me.

I leaned my head closer to her so that our foreheads were touching. “Of course I know that and I’ve already prepared a speech when I talk to uncle.”

“Then what are we waiting for? Shall we head back home?” she said as she held my hand and intertwined our fingers.

“I have something to do first before we go.” I told her and I took the chance to give her a quick peck on the lips when she looked puzzled. I then ran away from her.

“Yah! Lee Hown you’re so dead with my father. And you just stole my first kiss.” she said as she ran after me. I slowed down my pace and when she caught up, I took her hand in mine.