First Day of Sophomore Year

No Minwoo: Boyfriend Extraordinaire

“I’m your weirdo boyfriend; you’re my beautiful girlfriend.”

“How many times do I have to tell you that you’re my perfect boyfriend?”

“Until I stop loving you and you stop loving me.” He leans down and places a small kiss on my cheek. I giggle. He smiles even wider. “Eun-youngie, I have to give you something.”

I look up at him happily. “What is it?”

My gaze follows him. Down, down, down… he’s on the ground… kneeling… Oh my…

“Eun-young, be mine—forever. Will—“

“YES!!” I scream into the air. I can feel hot, happy tears streaming down my face, and a huge smile is plastered there. I soon realize that it was all just a dream. A pout is drawn out. I really wanted that to be real, too.

I don’t know what’s wrong with me. I’ve been having the same dream over and over again since Minwoo’s birthday. He keeps invading my head. I love it, don’t get me wrong. But it’s more than normal. Normal’s a really large amount of time, too. So what’s been bringing these dreams forth?

Pushing the wondering aside, I get ready for the first day of Sophomore Year. Yep! That’s right! Minwoo and I are officially Sophomores now! Can you believe it? Just last year we were the runts of the school, but now we’re one league higher. All of the little Freshman better bow down to us Sophomores, because here we come! We’re going to rule the school. Okay, so my dreams are a little far-fetched, but a girl’s got to dream. It’s the natural way of life.

I’m at school in a matter of ten minutes. It’s not far from my house, and Minwoo walks me there. But he wasn’t here today. I really wanted to walk with him too. Where is he? He’d tell me that he’s not going to walk me to school if he can’t. Or, is it that he wants to break up? That’s terrible! My life isn’t complete without him! No, he can’t break up with me. I won’t allow it. He’s too precious to me. Plus, he treats me like I’m his whole world… I love it, and more than that, I love him. Gosh, that’s so cheesy… But it’s true.

I get in the building. It’s… quiet. This is weird… Maybe I came a day early. Oh, how embarrassing! I came a day early to school, and now everybody’s going to make fun of me for it. Minwoo’s going to tease me for it, but in a friendly way. I’m gonna be the talk to the town. Oh, word spreads here fast, if I haven’t told you already. You can sneeze in the morning, and by noon the whole town knows you’ve got a cold. That’s one main reason why I don’t like this town. Actually… it’s the only reason. The others are just perfect, like Minwoo.

I decide to actually go inside and see why it’s so quiet. I look in the cafeteria. The normally busy place full of students throwing food around and having food fights (I’ll explain in a second) is empty.

The food fights and stuff—never fun to get stuck in the middle of one. You see, the students in my school don’t know how to act mature. Last year, the most popular and most known to start a food fight was Hyunseong. He was a real trouble-maker, which is why it surprised teachers. They always said he had the face of an angel and thought he was the perfect student, but boy, were they wrong. He threw food at one of the bullies when he was picking on a new kid, and the bully took a whole tray of food and dumped it on Hyunseong. From there on out one of the most epic food fights this school has ever seen broke out. Minwoo took me and hid me somewhere so I wouldn’t get anything on the clothes he bought me from Christmas.

I skip the gym. I’ll come to that last. The halls are empty, and so are the restrooms. On the girls’ restroom mirrors are “WE’RE FREE!” It’s the remains from last year’s over-excited Seniors. They had a blast writing on the mirror in bright pink lipstick, but their last day of high school was spent trying to scrub it off. They had a fun time as well, getting all the lipstick off as much as they could. Yes, I was being sarcastic. They had a terrible time; Victoria told me. And no, she wasn’t one of the ones who wrote on the mirror. She wasn’t stupid. She had a friend who had to do it and she told Victoria, then Victoria told me. Like I said before, news spreads around fast in this town.

The band room is clear, and so are the rest of the rooms in the school. The lights are on, though. I’m still trying to figure this out. I’m going to go crazy if I don’t find someone soon. I don’t care if it’s a janitor, student, or teacher. Heck, I won’t even care if I find a delusional old lady who thinks I’m a little boy and wants to give me candy! I just want to find some trace of life!

I venture back up to the gym. The air feels warmer now, and I don’t know if it’s me getting scared from being alone in a big building for so long, or whether it’s the heat turning on. I doubt it’s the heat; I would’ve heard it coming through the vents in the school building. Wait… why would they have heat ? It’s still considered summer! It’s freaking hot outside too. I don’t know where this heat came from, but it needs to go back there. I don’t want it, and neither do any of the other people here. It’s burning our skin and giving us sunburns. No Asian needs sunburn. Our skin turns funny colors when it’s sizzled from the sun.

I finally decide to go into the gym. I might just find that old lady. You never know until you do anything, right?

There’s a soft humming coming from the gym. I don’t know what it is, but it interests me and pulls me in. The moment I walk in, my ears are blasted and I swear I go deaf. That loud sound wave coming from tons of humans was just… UGH! It hurt so much. Now I’m going to cry. Thanks a lot, people, for blowing my ear drums out. Now I can’t hear Minwoo’s beautiful voice, saying he loves me.

“Would you be my girlfriend?”

Well, I’m not completely deaf. But who just said that? I turn to my right, the front of the gym, and I see a huge banister. It reads: “Would you be my girlfriend, Choi Eun-young? Love, Kisses, and Lots of Hugs, No Minwoo~”

I smile at the sweet banister. This is definitely not what I expected, and it just made my day. I honestly wanted Minwoo to walk me to school on our first day of Sophomore Year, but I think this is way better than that. Now, to find the owner of that voice…

“Being my girlfriend, Choi Eun-young,” he says again, his voice echoing through the gym because of the speakers. I can now see a whole hoard of students coming out from the locker rooms. I don’t know how they all got in there; it’s not a very big place. But when it comes to Minwoo, girls will do anything for him and guys will do anything to be like him and to be friends with him so they can get the girls they want through him. Minwoo’s the ultimate Mr. Popularity of this school.

I smile softly as a pair of arms wrap around my waist. The students get on the bleachers, still completely silent. Minwoo holds up the microphone to my face so all of them can hear me over the loud stomping coming from the audience. “I thought I already was.”

“Booo!!” the crowd calls out. They’re now all on the bleachers, and they don’t look happy with my answer. I laugh.

Minwoo says into the mic, “Come on, Eun-youngie! Please? Please, will you be my girlfriend?”

“Like I said before,” I say, turning around to face him, “I already am.” I smile up at him.

The crowd makes more noises. Minwoo kisses my nose, laughing. “I don’t think our friends like your answer. I think you’ll have to choose a different one.”

I sigh and give in. “Fine.”

He smiles and asks once more, “Choi Eun-young, will you, the most beautiful girl in the whole entire universe, be my one and only girlfriend for Sophomore Year?”

I tap my chin in thought and shrug. “Well, if you put it that way, then… I guess so.”

The crowd breaks into cheers and whoops and hollers. I blush and hide in Minwoo’s chest. Deep voices mixing with the light ones scream and yell, “KISS! KISS! KISS!”

Minwoo whispers to me, “Shall we, my love?”

“Of course. Pleasing the crowd is the main priority isn’t it?” I giggle and move out of his chest. To tease the audience, I lean in for a kiss from Minwoo, then get his cheek. He’s getting a little anxious as well. He apparently love my kisses.

I’m able to avoid him for the next few times, but that’s all. Minwoo takes hold of my face, a full-blown, cheeky grin plastered on his face, and kisses me. The crowd goes wild. I melt in Minwoo’s arms and laugh. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I entice the crowd even more and deepen the love between my amazing boyfriend and I.

This is going to be the best first day ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I had a lot of fun writing nonsense fo this chapter ^^ I did this because I didn't know what else to write, so I had to put in a lot of random stuff. I at least have reasonable explanation for everything in the story, like what Hyunseong did >.< Everybody loves a troublemaker ^^ Especially when they're hot ;)

But Minwoo's a sweetie pie, and I'd take him and his aegyo over Hyunseong and his iness anyday :3

Please comment and subscribe :D