New Friend

No Minwoo: Boyfriend Extraordinaire

I’ve been avoiding Minwoo for the past two weeks. We haven’t been talking or seeing each other at all. I want to talk to him, but I don’t want to hear what he has to say. Joo-shin was either lying to get us to break up because he’s that much of a jerk, or he wants Minwoo or I to suffer. Either way, it affects both of us in more than one way.

Minwoo will see me in the hall and start rushing towards me, and I’ll run away from him. It hurts me a bunch. It’s something I’m not used to. I’m dying to hear his voice again. I want to feel his soft lips on my cheek again. His hugs are what I miss most though. They are so warm, but I haven’t gotten to be comforted by them in too long. I’m going to die soon if I don’t get Minwoo back.

(A/N: Okay, here’s the big shocker… MINWOO’S POV 8DDD Ready? Set? Go!)

[Minwoo’s POV]

For the past two weeks, Eun-young hasn’t talked to me. I’m dying. Literally. Every night, I’ll dream that I fall into a dark ravine, spikes at the bottom, and Eun-young’s just letting me fall. I crash into the spikes. I’m dead, and nobody can change it. Then I wake up. I’m starting to think that should really happen to me, but I don’t know what Eun-young really thinks of me right now. The biggest question bothering me is why Eun-young is doing this. After that jerk Joo-shin dropped her, she went to the nurse’s, then she didn’t come back. The next day, she ignored me completely. I don’t know what happened in the nurse’s office, but it changed her.

It’s the day before Thanksgiving, and I don’t know what to do. I had a whole date planned out for us—dinner and everything. We’re supposed to go to the most elegant restaurant in town, eat the best food it has to offer, and then I give her my surprise. Her attitude change is what’s stopping me from taking her. I want to, though.

I’m scared to ask my hyungs because they’ll just ask her themselves. I want to deal with this on my own. Eun-young’s my girlfriend, and it’s not a good sign if she runs away anytime she sees me. I’m scared to even talk to her. She may say she hates me and never wants to talk to me again. It’ll break my heart if she does. She may think I don’t love her truly, but my words have got the truest truth anybody has ever seen. My love for her cannot be said through words or seen through the simple onlookers’ eyes. No one can feel what I feel when I see her flowing hair in the soft wind of fall. Her brown eyes sparkle under the gentle sun, and they sparkle when the moon comes out to please me by softening her brown orbs. She lights up anytime she sees me, and the smile I adore the most appears. Where’s that Eun-young, huh? I want her back. She was mine. I plan on getting her back.

But how?

(A/N: Okay, back to Eun-young’s POV ^^ I just wanted to give you guys a little insight about what’s going on inside of Minwoo’s gorgeous head :3 Enjoy the rest of the chapter ^^)

[Eun-young’s POV]

Thanksgiving last year wasn’t very fun. I was stuck inside my house all day and I had no one to talk to. Minwoo went with his parents to visit the rest of his family, and the rest of my friends were busy as well. I was stuck at home with my mom. You can imagine that it wasn’t fun. Remember what happened when I was depressed? Yeah, it was worse than that time.

This is our Thanksgiving Break during school. We get the whole week off. Without Minwoo, I don’t know what to do. He’s always the one coming up with the ideas since he’s more creative than me. This is why I need him back. I’m as lost as a baby whale stuck in the middle of a desert.

I walk along the outlining sidewalk belonging to Penguin Park. I’m reminded of the memory of the girl that tried getting touchy with Minwoo. She was retarded. I kind of wish I hit her now. She deserved it, for touching my man. But is he even my man anymore? Was ever my man? I can’t answer those questions unless Minwoo answers them himself. I’ve got to believe him, too.

The children run around me, playing tag and all of those fun little games I used to play when I was their age. I miss being a little kid. No love to worry about, no drama, and definitely no bullies. Kids have it simple. I want it back that way.

I go to the swings. I sit in one and dig my toes into the rocks beneath me. The outline of my shoes are left. That’s all that’s left of the real Eun-young in me, as well—I look the same on the outside, but I’m dead inside. Isn’t that funny?

A little girl walks up to me. She isn’t exactly little—probably around eleven years old or so. She sits on a swing next to me, and watches me. I turn to look at her and see what she’s doing. “What?”

She shrugs. “I don’t know. You just look sad.”

“You read people well.”

“So I was right? Wow, that’s a first.”

I chuckle. This girl is pretty funny. Better than the one that tried to it on Minwoo, anyway. “Why are you over here? I’m no one special to sit by.”

“Well, you’re sad. I don’t like seeing people sad.”

“You’re a sweetheart. But I don’t need anybody looking out for me right now. I’m perfectly fine alone.” I turn away from her.

“Did your boyfriend break up with you?” she asks.

Seriously. This girl is way too good. First she guesses how I feel, and then she finds why I feel that way. She should be a fortuneteller. “… Yeah,” I whisper after a few minutes.

“Don’t worry, okay? With every break-up comes a new love. Well, that’s what my mom says. She also tells me that being single means you’re just gearing up for a new, better love than the one before.” She walks over and stands next to me.

I look up at her. I have tears in my eyes. Thoughts of Minwoo are pulling on my heartstrings right now. “But what if the first one was the best? What if nobody is better than him?”

She takes her spot on the swing again. “I’ll have to ask my mom about that. But the same thing happened to my older sister. Her boyfriend broke up with her, and she said it wasn’t fun. She loved him too much to live. She was going to kill herself because of it, but then her boyfriend came back and saved her. Now they’re married, and I’ve got three little cousins.” She smiles proudly.

“Really…?”

She nods happily. “Yep! Maybe you and your boyfriend will have the same thing happen to you. Just don’t try to kill yourself. My sister told me it’s not fun.” She giggles, and it’s so happy. It makes me feel better.

“Thank you,” I say quietly.

“No problem. I like making people feel better.”

“No—thank you, for helping me decide what to do next. I haven’t been sure what to do about Minwoo, but now I do. So again, thank you. I appreciate your words.” I stand up, a newfound courage building its way inside of me. “It was so nice meeting you.” I smile at her before running off. I have to get back home and meet Minwoo. I’ve got something to talk to him about.

 

I run into my house. My mother is there. She tries to ask me where I’ve been for the past five hours, but I brush her off and zoom straight to my room. I need something as proof that I still love Minwoo. I just don’t know what it is yet… Oh, I got it!

I leave the house. My mother is still clueless. Crazy old lady. I laugh to myself before running to Minwoo’s house. This running is wearing me out, but I can’t complain. I’m doing it all for Minwoo, and only for Minwoo.

The door doesn’t open right away like I expect. It eventually does. The one in the doorway surprises me. I try to sound mad and rude, but I’m too out of breath. “What are you doing here, Joo-shin?”

He plasters a smile onto his face. “Hey, Baby. Glad you could pick me up. Let’s go home, shall we?”

“What are you—Mm!”

He just kissed me… The jerk of the school freaking kissed me… And you know what’s worse? Minwoo’s standing right behind him. His eyes are wide, his mouth agape. I’m completely stunned while also being extremely disgusted. Minwoo’s face changes the longer I stare at him. First it’s surprise, then pain, and finally ends with rage. He shoots daggers at me. I never thought I’d have to see that day, but I guess it’s all done and over with. He dashes out beside us. I notice a glint in his eye. It’s a single tear. And it’s there because of me.

I slap Joo-shin on the head and push him away from me. “Yah! What was that for?” he screeches.

“WHY DID YOU KISS ME IN FRONT OF MY BOYFRIEND?!” I scream. I start to slap him all over. I don’t care if I hurt him or not. I just want revenge.

“Stop hitting me and I’ll tell you!”

I force myself to stop almost instantly. “Explain.” I tap my foot with my arms crossed across my chest.

“I told him that you’re my girlfriend now and you don’t love him anymore. Easy.”

I can’t explain this feeling. I’ve never had it before, not even when that girl hit on Minwoo. It’s a lot worse than that. I want to hit Joo-shin in the head with a metal bat that says “HIT” on the end. I want to leave a print on him forever, reminding him to never get between a romantically frustrated girl and her first boyfriend. “… You… freaking… JERK! WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU DO THAT?! ARE YOU SET ON MAKING MY LIFE MISERABLE OR WHAT?!”

“Jeez,” he scoffs. “Someone’s on her period.”

I push him. He lands on the cold concrete with a thud. “Yah, what was that for?!”

“PISSING ME OFF!” That’s the first time I ever cussed. I’ve never planned on it, but I had to do it to get the point across.

“What do you want me to do, say I’m sorry? Yeah, that’s not going to happen.”

Since he’s still on the ground, I dominate in height at the moment. I walk up to him and stand over him, trying to intimidate him. I bend over and point a finger at him, and whisper sinisterly, “You tell Minwoo I still love him, or else you won’t live to see tomorrow.” Then I walk away. It’s my final action before I leave: I turn and flip him off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I can't tell if this chapter is long or short ;O.O; I've written so many long and short chapters, I can't tell anymore >.<'

Hm... anyway... what'd you think? I thought I'd give a little insight on Minwoo's thoughts ^^ I don't know if I'm good at writing a guy's POV, so please tell me what you think--I want to write all of next chapter in Minwoo's POV ^^

Thank you guys for subscribing^^ I'd love to see more of everything--subscribers, and definitely commenters ^.~