His Birthday

No Minwoo: Boyfriend Extraordinaire

Today is Minwoo’s birthday, July 31st. He’s turning seventeen, a whole year older than me again. I don’t mind. It reminds me that I’m loved by someone that’s older than me in an intimate way. If he was younger than me, it’d just be awkward.

We’re going out on a date in the park. It was Minwoo’s idea. I told him we could go to the mall and I’d buy him everything he wanted, but he said he wanted to have a day of rest before school started again. Just us two. He really is perfect.

“Be sure to have fun on your date,” Amber says. “Give him a good time, too.” She winks playfully, making me turn red.

“Amber unni, nothing’s going to happen like that,” I mumble.

She sighs, “Alright, alright. Still, have as much fun as you can. And give him your present! I’m sure he’ll love them.”

“Arasso, unni!” I hug her.

“Eun-young, are you ready to go?” Minwoo calls from somewhere outside. I leave Amber, waving before going outside. There’s Minwoo. He’s in a red shirt, black khakis, and white converse. He’s got a blanket under his arm, basket in hand. He smiles once he sees me. “Wow. You look beautiful, Eun-young.”

I take a peek at my simple white tank top and black shorts. I’m wearing flip-flops, but no make-up. I don’t see how he just called me ‘beautiful.’ So I laugh. “Yeah, right! You’re just a -up, Oppa. Come on. We’ve got—“

“Why would I lie about what I think of you, Eun-young? You’re the most precious thing in the world to me, and I think you’d be beautiful in anything, no matter what.” He grabs my waist and pulls me closer. I look into his eyes. My heart races a thousand miles an hour. I still don’t know how Minwoo can make me feel this happy by just a mere touch and look from him. He leans in and brushes his lips against mine, mumbling, “I love you, Eun-young. I will never lie to you.”

And that got me. I believe him now. He thinks I’m beautiful in any way possible, no matter what I look like. Gosh, I sound cheesy.

He smiles, placing a soft kiss on my forehead. “Let’s go now. I want to spend my birthday with you.”

I nod. He leads me over to his car. Yes, Minwoo got a car. He did last year. He just never uses it.

Okay, enough about this; let’s go on a date with Minwoo.

 

Hand-in-hand is happiness. But hand-in-hand walking with the one you want to spend the rest of your life with is pure love. This means that I’m loving my life at the moment because Minwoo’s holding my hand and we’re walking to the spot where we’re going to have our last date before school starts again. The wind is rustling the leaves and swaying the grass. The sky is blue, white, puffy clouds floating by happily above.

“It’s beautiful,” I marvel.

“Not as much as you, but yes, it is.” Minwoo smiles down at me to see my reaction. Of course, he catches me in another blush. He laughs and pulls me closer.

We come up to a spot in the grass. The sun is shining right on it, and I immediately know it’s where we’re going to be spending our afternoon together. Minwoo sets the blanket down on the ground gently. He puts four rocks on each corner so the wind won’t blow it away, even though it’s just a light breeze. He sets the basket down smack dab in the middle. He lets me sit down before him. “Thank you, Oppa.”

“I’ve got to let my precious girlfriend get the best of what I can give her before I get anything,” he says sophisticatedly.

I giggle. “Are you a philosopher now?”

“Mm, no. I’m just dating the best girl in the world.” He smiles cheekily. The Sun’s rays shine down on us. There must be moisture in the air because I can see a rainbow in front of us.

“Why are you being so cheesy today, Oppa? Is it because you’re trying to up to me?” I poke his side.

He wraps his arm around me to tell me otherwise. “No. I’ve got a surprise for you, but you won’t be getting it for a while. I just have to do all this to keep me from giving you the present.”

“Oh, a present? I like presents,” I comment childishly.

“Since you like normal presents, you’re going to love this one.” I open my mouth to ask him what it is or to at least give me hints, but he coughs once and changes the subject. “Let’s eat. I’m getting hungry.”

We enjoy a large buffet he made all by himself: Chicken sandwiches, fruit salad, blue jell-o, and a whole bowl of kimchi. He likes to make American food, if you can’t tell yet. His favorite to make is steak since it’s “so fun and simple,” as he puts it. I just laugh it off and tell him he’s crazy. He knows I love his cooking. It’s a good thing he can, too; I can’t cook to save my life. I make a mad peanut butter and jelly sandwich, though.

He lies on his back after the delicious lunch and sweet talking we shared. “Ah, that was good.”

“Thanks to your amazing cooking skills, nonetheless.” I smile and lie down next to him. He lets me use his arm as a pillow and cuddle with him.

“I couldn’t have learned if it weren’t for my grandma.”

“Yeah… she was a good cook. But I can tell you’re almost better than her. It just takes practice.” Since I don’t want to bring Minwoo to tears from talking about his deceased grandma, I change the subject. “So how have your dance classes been going? Did you get hired for the job?”

“I’m still waiting for the acceptance letter from Professor Lee. He’s taking forever. I think I’m going to have to break down his office door to see if he still has my application at all.” He laughs. A comfortable silence settles upon us.

A few minutes later, I’m forced to ask: “What would you do if we broke up?”

He holds his breath for a second. “I’d die. And I’m not exaggerating either. Without you, I’d be lost, Eun-young. So I’ll be sure that we never break up. Ever.”

This is what I like to hear. It makes me happy and, if I’m ever depressed, helps me to smile again. Minwoo’s a miracle worker, people. I know it. “Like I said before… you’re just a little too cheesy.”

“You call that cheesy?” he scoffs with a smirk on his face. “Alright then. Let’s see who’s better at being cheesy. I’m first.”

I wait patiently.

“I love my beautiful girlfriend, Choi Eun-young.”

Weak. “My boyfriend is the best anybody can have.”

“Even if I had all the money in the world, Eun-young would put it all to shame.”

Okay… that’s kind of hard to beat. “Minwoo is worth more than all the diamonds in the world.” Haha, er!

“I want to blow her a kiss, hug her, and tell her how beautiful she is every time I see her, but I just can’t; I’d die from happiness overload.”

Grr… he’s making this hard. “When compared to all the other guys in the world, Minwoo stands higher than every single one.”

“A smile more beautiful than hers, eyes more shiny, a personality more gorgeous—those are impossible to find. You know why? I already own them all in one person.”

Alright. I’m dead. I’m serious. I’m nearly out of ideas. “Even if he leaves me for another girl, my love will be for him for eternity.”

“Eun-young is my forever love, and I will make her my wife when we’re the right age. Nobody can change my mind, and nobody can break us apart.”

I sigh and squeal. The cheesiness is too much for me. My heart’s going to burst if I don’t stop hearing these! “Alright, I’m done! Don’t kill me with your sweet words, Oppa.”

He chuckles and places his hand on my stomach. “That’s what I expected. But you know you love them.”

“… Yes…” I whisper.

He smiles and kisses my temple. “Exactly. So can I say one more? I’ve been waiting for it for a long time.”

My heart speeds up. “S-sure.”

“I hope you know that every day with you is like Valentine’s Day. Every moment is sweet, and every time I hold you, I get a gooey feeling inside of me, like a relaxing massage. My mind flies a thousand miles an hour and I can’t think straight. It’s like I’m hyper. And the best part is that you’re all mine. Thank you for your love and all that you do for me, even if it’s not much. I love you with all my heart, Choi Eun-young.”

The tears welling up in my eyes threaten to overflow. Apparently one falls. Minwoo swipes his thumb smoothly across my cheek. “Too much, Eun-youngie?”

“No. It was just really sweet.” I sniffle and sit up. Minwoo follows. “I have a birthday present for you, Oppa,” I say, reaching for my small bag.

“What is it?” he asks.

I open the little box that contains two rings. One says “Promise” the other, “Always and Forever.” Minwoo gets to choose which one he gets because it’s his birthday.

“Eun-young, thank you.” He hugs me tightly. I rest in his arms. He’s still warm. He smells good, too. “Which one do I get?”

With his arm still around me, he just picks the one that says “Promise” up. I laugh. “That’s the one I want you to have. But you can take the other if you want. Your birthday, your choice.”

“I ‘promise’ to always be by your side, no matter what we may go through. You’re my only love, Choi Eun-young.” His hug crushes me again, but it’s a sweet hug. I copy his actions. This is where I want my life to go, and where I want to always be—in Minwoo’s arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I'm drowning in fluff, people O_O Save me~~~~~ Wait, it's okay. Minwoo's here to save me... ^^ Anyway~ Please comment! I appreciate those the most :3 But if you don't, it's okay, too; just comment every few chapters so I know you're still there and not a living zombie from Black Ops XP And to explain Minwoo's mouth... well, I can't, really. I just thought it was cute ^^