Breaking (Bully)

No Minwoo: Boyfriend Extraordinaire

It’s already been two months of school. It’s amazing how fast time passes. Minwoo’s been getting sweeter and sweeter, but when has he not been sweet?

We’re having a bullying presentation today. Mr. Lee made us get with a partner for the assignment to prevent bullying. I obviously chose Minwoo. We decided to make a reenactment of a bully and a victim. Minwoo didn’t want to be the bully, so I was stuck with the part. I’m not going to enjoy bullying my boyfriend today, but I’m sure the class is going to love it. And the catch is it’s the girlfriend bullying her boyfriend. I’ve got to push him around and tell him mean things I don’t mean. It’s going to literally break my heart to even lay a finger on him that’s not full of my love for him. (Cheesy, I know, but that’s what Minwoo does to me.)

We’re in Mr. Lee’s class right now, too. He’s letting Krystal go for her presentation. Nobody volunteered to be her partner when it was time to choose them because they all knew that Kwangmin was right upstairs, and still is. They don’t want to take any chances getting beat up by a Junior. They’re all chickens. Except for this one new kid. His name is Joo-shin, and he doesn’t know anything about Krystal. He’s really popular now, though. It’s thanks to Minwoo, too. Minwoo was being nice the day Joo-shin came around, and girls immediately flailed themselves around Joo-shin. It was hilarious. True story, bro.

Joo-shin had to be put with Krystal. She didn’t have a partner, and Mr. Lee thought it’d be “socially correct” to have Krystal and Joo-shin to be partners. I almost freaked out on him. He knew that Krystal and Kwangmin were still dating, so why in the world did he put the new guy with Krystal? Absolutely absurd, I tell you. Minwoo tells you, too. He just told me.

Back to the day.

“The effects of bullying are very extreme,” Krystal states. She pushes the button on the clicker to change the slide on the screen. “Some are cutting, no social interaction, and sometimes even suicide.”

Joo-shin takes over. Krystal rolls her eyes and huffs something the class can’t hear. It’s almost like she’s seen this kind of behavior before. “Teens who cause suicide bring pain and shame to their family.”

Okay… that was just… rude, dude. Since when did they bring shame to their family? Sure, with every suicide comes pain, but shame? No way; unacceptable. I’m almost positive Krystal wouldn’t allow it, and if she did, then she’s probably going through a tough time with Kwangmin.

Joo-shin tries to go on, but Krystal butts in. A new slide shows up. “Ways to prevent bullying are to act against the bully and protect the victim. Violence is not the way, as most of you may think. Just tell the bully to leave the victim alone. And you know what happens if you help the victim? The bully will most likely leave. There’s strength in numbers, and the more heroes there are out there, there’ll be less bullies.” She clicks again, but that’s the last slide. She shrugs and bows. Joo-shin doesn’t do anything. He just stands there, pouting. He looks around the room as the class claps. His gaze lands on me. There’s something that sparks in them. Something… evil. Not that I would know what that look means, but I know it’s got something to do with me and me alone. Not sure what it is yet.

“Very good, you two!” Mr. Lee says happily. “You can go sit down now. Next is Minwoo and Eun-young. They’ll be reena—”

“We’ll explain before we go, Seonsaengnim,” Minwoo interrupts. Mr. Lee shrugs and lets Minwoo lead me up to the front. Somewhere, deep in the heart of the rows of desks, somebody snickers, “Bet they’re gonna make out up there.”

Minwoo sends death gazes to every student in the class with the exception. He gets mad if anybody talks about me in anyway—direct, or including me. It doesn’t necessarily have to be me. If it’s just him, he doesn’t mind. But I do. You see? We’re perfect for each other. I protect him; he protects me. Simple as that.

Minwoo smiles to the class after a long, pause for a harsh glare. “Eun-young and I are going to play the role of boyfriend and girlfriend, but not like our perfect relationship.” I blush from his words. “Eun-young is going to be the mean girlfriend who controls me in every way she can. It’s to show that bullying is either way. Boys aren’t always bullying boys, and girls aren’t always bullying girls.” He turns away from the class. He closes his eyes to get rid of his smile. It makes me sad when it’s gone, but I’ve got to deal with it. He starts his first line. “Guess what I got in English today—”

“Probably a D, or maybe an F. Not like you’re smart or anything,” I scoff, rolling my eyes. I check out my nails and complain out loud. “God, I need a manicure. Hey, Shin, are you going to take me out later?” (I just used his name for our little scenario. He’s going to use mine in a second.)

“I have dance class later, Hoo-mi. I’m so—”

“Save it, Shin. You’re useless anyway. You know, I don’t even know why I’m dating you.” I turn away from him and cross my arms. My heart is in my stomach right now. It hurts to say all of this, even if it is just a play. It still hurts.

“I-I don’t know.” His voice is quiet and very sad. This is hurting him as well.

“Why? You’re my boyfriend aren’t you? Or are you just a play toy? Yeah, you’re my play toy. You’re a nothing, got it, Shin? Nothing! Nobody likes you anyway. Just get out of my site.”

“O-okay…” He fakes a sniffle and goes back to his seat. I sigh, and get out of character. It’s finally done. Minwoo comes back up, this time with a smile, and takes me into a hug. I take in his sweet, musky scent.

“Wonderful job, you two! Now, what was the purpose of this scenario? You must have three reasons and they must be good,” Mr. Lee says, beaming. Of course he is; Minwoo and I are his favorite students.

Minwoo takes the first reason. “Like I said, bullying can go any way it wants to.”

I get the second. “Bullying affects everyone, especially the victim.”

And my boyfriend gets the last. “We wanted to show what it’s like to have bullying between a boyfriend and girlfriend, and Eun-young and I wanted to know how it felt. I don’t know about her, but I would’ve died if I had gone any further.”

I laugh and nod, agreeing with him. Once again, that voice comes from the middle of the classroom. “Then we wouldn’t get to see you tomorrow. Good.”

The class doesn’t do anything. They all stare at one person in particular. It’s Joo-shin. He’s trying to hide in his chair, but it’s not going to work. Minwoo’s going to find him and be my knight-in-shining-armor. He’s going to destroy Joo-shin once and for all and we’ll all live happily ever after… Ha, I wish.

Minwoo does nothing but stare. It confuses me, but I let it slip. He’s trying to listen to Mr. Lee. I don’t care what he’s saying right now. I’ve got to find out why Joo-shin is acting this way all of a sudden.

 

The last hour of school today is here. This is my Gym class. Minwoo’s in this class as well. Actually, he’s in every one of my classes. That’s just luck.

I walk out of the locker rooms, dressed in the P.E. uniform. The shorts are purple and go down to my mid-thigh while the shirt is a typical gray t-shirt. Boring, I know. But I’ve got to go by the rules of the school and wear this stuff. Minwoo could design it better. He would put my name on every one if I asked, and he’d probably style the shorts to be like my favorite kind—the ones he bought me for our first Valentine’s Day together. At first I thought it was a silly gift, but then I found out he didn’t have enough money to buy anything better. So he put a ton of thought into it, and poof, here’s a pair of green teddy bear shorts in a little heart box. Now I wear them whenever I can.

There’s Minwoo. Have I ever told you how awesome his legs are? No, I don’t think I have. And I probably never will. He’s mine and mine alone. No one can own anything about him, even his hair. It’s all mine. I sound greedy, but I’m just stating the obvious.

After a short warm-up, Coach Shik tells us to team up with someone we’ve never paired up with before. I don’t get approached by any guys except… can you guess who? No, not Minwoo; he has to go with Krystal since he’s always with me on partner work-outs. I’m stuck with Joo-shin. I don’t know what terrible fate this is, but I don’t like it. Joo-shin looks at me funnily every time he sees me, and it’s just… creepy.

We’re supposed to do trust falls. I don’t like doing these with other people that aren’t Minwoo. I can only trust him.

“I’ll go first,” Joo-shin says with a smirk. He turns away from me and puts his arms out to the side. He falls, and I catch him. I push him back up. He smells nasty, like scrambled eggs that have been left out for a week. He faces me, putting his arms in front of him. I gulp. This is not my favorite exercise anymore.

My arms go out to my sides. I peek at Minwoo. I want to run over to him and tell him to get Joo-shin away from me, but I’ve got to do this or else I’ll get in trouble with Coach Shik. So I just let myself fall back.

Air, then floor. That’s all I’m able to process in the time span of three seconds. The blood rushes to my head too quick, and I get dizzy. Minwoo yells from my right, “Eun-young, are you alright?!” Next thing I know, he’s right above me with a worried expression. “Eun-young?”

I smile gently and sit up. “Ah, I think I’m okay. I’ve had worse falls.”

“Are you sure?” He brushes a strand of hair behind my ear. He gives me a small peck before standing up. He squints right at Joo-shin pointing an accusing finger at him. “Don’t you let her fall again, you hear? If you do, you don’t know what’s coming your way.” Minwoo walks off towards Krystal. I suddenly realize all of the students are quiet and staring. I stand up awkwardly and ask to go to the nurse.

Well, nurse’s office is nice. It’s warm and cozy and smells like cotton balls. Yeah, definitely nice.

“Are you feeling better, Eun-young?” Nurse Yoon asks.

“Enough to at least stand.”

She chuckles a bit before signing my pass. “Alright, then. Here you go.” I take the pass from her and stand up. We walk to the door. She says, “Be sure to come back if you feel any dizziness.”

I thank her before leaving. Strangely enough, I run into Joo-shin in the hallway. I try to ignore him and pass, but he suddenly steps in front of me, making me stop in my tracks.

“You shouldn’t have fallen on the floor earlier, Eun-young.”

I stare at him in disbelief. “It wasn’t my fault. You didn’t catch me.” I make a ‘duh!’ face before trying to get around him. He still doesn’t let me get by.

“You fell back too far to the left, so it was your fault.” He sends the same expression back to me.

I scoff, “Just let me get back to class.” One more try sends me into the wall. Joo-shin pins me up against it. I think he’s going to kiss me before he pokes my side and flicks my forehead. I wince. His flicks don’t feel too pretty. Then again, no flicks do.

“That hurt,” I whine.

“I don’t care.” He shrugs carelessly. “Minwoo wanted me to tell you something.”

Minwoo’s an important topic. I must listen. “What?”

“He wants to break up with you.”

This feels worse than doing the little play. “W-what?”

“You heard me; he wants to break up with you.” He smirks, and lets me go. He walks back to class. I’m stuck to my spot on the wall. I slide down, tears threatening to fall over. No way does Minwoo want to break up with me… No…

This feels… awful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Don't kill me O.O I would like to know the inner thoughts of my darling subscribers over this chapter, though, so if you would so kindly do without bashing me, please comment ^^