Christmas 2/2

No Minwoo: Boyfriend Extraordinaire

The mall at Christmas is either crazy to the point where you can’t understand where you’re going, or it’s so quiet you might go insane. That’s exactly the case right now. Minwoo found this mini-mall that’s open on Christmas and literally nobody’s in it except the employees. It’s awkward with just us around. Our footsteps echo through the mall, and when Minwoo bends down to whisper sweet words in my ear, I can also hear that echo through the whole place.

Did I mention that we’re both still in our Claus Clothes?

“Let’s go get some new clothes, Oppa. I don’t want to wear this anymore,” I tell him.

“It’s getting itchy, right?” he asks.

I nod and scoff, “It has been for a few hours.”

He chuckles. “Don’t worry, Yeobo. I’ll buy you whatever you want. It’s your sixteenth birthday, you know.”

“Eh, don’t remind me.” I sigh and take my hand out of Minwoo’s to cover my face. I inhale and exhale deeply, not wanting to think about how my mom doesn’t pay attention to just me on my birthday, but instead the other kids.

“Come on babe. Don’t be so down. You know I’m here. Hey, look at me while I’m talking.” He tilts my head up to make me look at him. I look sadly. “We’re going to have the best birthday ever, got it? Just you and me, boyfriend and girlfriend… husband and wife.”

“H-Husband and wife?” I ask, surprised.

“Might as well be. You wanna marry me when we’re older, right?”

“Well, yeah, but—”

“Then it’s settled. We’ll get married as soon as we can and you can move out of that house. Now come on, we have stuff to buy you.” He takes me into one of those kisses that make me go weak in the knees. We walk hand-in-hand towards the most fun place in the whole mall—the clothes store.

 

“Oh, let’s get this for you!” Minwoo exclaims, holding up a short pink strapless mini-dress. I think we’ve adjusted to the echoing but it’s still kind of annoying. The best part about the mall being empty is that they clerks can help us any time they want. Like now.

“Are you gonna try and me later if I do get it?” I ask suspiciously. Seriously. He wants to get a mini-dress of my most hated color and kind? Is this guy really my boyfriend?

Minwoo turns red. He clears his throat before putting it back on the rack. He holds his hands behind his back, looking at his feet, stiff. “Um, n-no, I wasn’t.” He then shuffles off to a different part of the store—my part of the store. It’s the section with jeans, t-shirts, and sneakers. Tomboy forever, baby.

“You want blue, purple, or red Converse?” Minwoo calls from across the large room.

“Purple, size ten! Make sure they’re on sale, too! I don’t want you to waste your money!”

He appears out of nowhere and winks at me. “Nothing’s too expensive when it comes to you.” He goes back to the other side of the store to look for more clothes for me.

“He’s so sweet.”

I turn around and see the clerk in the store gazing dreamily at direction Minwoo went to. She better not have a crush on him. He’s all mine, you hear me? Mine!!!

“Excuse me?” I approach the check-out desk slowly.

“He’s so sweet, the way he acts towards you. I wish I could find a boyfriend as good as him.” She places her elbow on the counter and looks at me. “Hey, you’re pretty.”

Well… how random. “Thanks. You too.”

Awkward silences are no fun, you know? They always make you think the other person is bored or they don’t like you. “So, how long have you two been dating?” the clerk asks.

“One year in two days.”

“Awww,” she coos. “Has he always been this sweet?”

“Yeah, even before we were dating.”

“Cute,” she says. I an eyebrow, seeing as she wasn’t talking to me. I turn around. There’s Minwoo with a cute little blue tank top and a pair of skinny jeans, along with purple converse. I smile as he walks up to me with a bright expression. “Do you like it?” he asks.

I nod and take him into a hug, suddenly feeling emotional towards him. “I love it Minwoo oppa. Let’s go home okay? I just want to spend my time with you, that’s it.”

Minwoo hugs me back and rocks us back and forth. I can hear the clerk behind us sigh and mumble, “Such a lucky girl.”

I pull away from Minwoo to let him pay for the outfit. Before we leave hand-in-hand (me with my new clothes on), I tell the clerk, “Don’t worry; you’ll find someone amazing. I know it.”

Her face lights up. “Have a Merry Christmas!” she says, waving good-bye and smiling.

“You too!” I yell back as Minwoo pulls me out of the shop. He asks me a question.

“Why do you want to spend time with me? Tired of shopping already?”

We walk out of the building and into the cold air. I shiver and Minwoo places his Santa coat on my shoulders. I smile. “Well, no. I just thought it’d be nice to spend some time with you, you know? Since your family’s away tonight and my mom’s probably going to be drinking all night, we’ll have all night together, alone.” I blush and sneak a peek at his face. He’s smirking.

“Hmm…” he sighs, throwing an arm around my shoulder and pulling me in. “We are sixteen, and you still need to have your sixteenth birthday party. Since your mom won’t be doing anything special… I’ll say I’m down with it.”

I turn even redder just thinking about what Minwoo has in mind. But, then again, I still can’t say I’m innocent. I was kind of the one who suggested it in the first place, so… yeah, my fault.

From then on, I don’t know what happened, except that I had the time of my life with No Minwoo, My Boyfriend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, it's short, but it's also something I wrote just for all of my wonderful subscribers and readers, so I'm hoping you guys enjoyed this ^^ Yeah, I'm a "fluffy" kind of gal, so it can get a little sweet :3

I'll let you know what I have planned for my future chapters:

4 - New Years' Eve

5 - Valentine's Chocolate

6 - Last Day of School (big skip from ch. 5, huh?)

7 - Fourth of July

8 - His Birthday

9 - First Day of Sophomore Year

10 - Bully

11 - New Friend

12 - Crush

13 - "Mine"

14 - At Last

15 - No Minwoo, Boyfriend Extraordinaire

So that's just a heads up of what's going to show up later! Comment and subscribe pleeeasssee :D