Valentine's Chocolate

No Minwoo: Boyfriend Extraordinaire

Valentine’s Day, my most favorite day of the year. Minwoo gives me all the attention I can take and nobody else gets any of it, not even the teachers. He got in trouble last year because he wouldn’t stop bugging me. But that was last year when we were just two months into our relationship. Now it is fourteen months later, and we’ve gotten way closer. I wonder what he’s got planned this year…

I enter the school and immediately see Minwoo waiting for me in the middle of the cafeteria. He waves and runs over to me. Screw PDA; he gives me the biggest hug ever and probably the wettest kiss this school has ever seen. Thankfully no teachers see us. He lets me go to take my hand. “Happy Valentine’s Day~” he cooes in my ear.

I blush and hide in his chest. “Same here.”

“Let’s head to homeroom. We can spend time together in there.”

Sadly enough, we can’t spend time together. We can’t even spend time throughout the day. It’s like the world hates us and wants us to suffer. But Minwoo and I are stronger than that! We can get through anything!

Eventually, lunch comes around. And I still haven’t gotten to spend my boyfriend. How wrong is that? Yeah, like, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie break-up wrong.

I walk into the cafeteria. Instead of everybody’s usual seating today, it’s couples at table with their other couple friends. It’s like this every year. I got to sit with Minwoo and all of our friends last year, but it doesn’t look it this year, cos 1) our table’s filled, and 2) Minwoo’s nowhere to be seen.

I walk up to our table. I see unfamiliar faces. “Um, hi guys,” I tell Amber and Jeongmin. Everybody turns my way anyway. “W-Where’d Minwoo oppa?”

“… Hiding,” Kwangmin and Youngmin say together.

“Where is he then?”

“He wants you to find him. He left clues everywhere so you have a better chance,” Donghyun says.

I furrow my eyebrows. “Why did he leave clues? I can find him perfectly fine without them.”

“With your hide-and-seek skills?” Youngmin says. “Yeah, I don’t think so.” The whole table blows up in laughter. I pout before turning on my heels and walk away. I become sad. I’ve never liked people to laugh at me for what I’m like. Especially when it’s my friends that are laughing. Oh well, at least they were only joking around. Now, where are those clues?

It’s not that hard to find some. The first one has a heart on it and a little note.

Go to Mr. Lee’s room. In there, you’ll find another note with somebody’s initials on them. If you guess right, then Mr. Lee will give you the next hint. And then you’ll be one step away from finding me. Eun-youngie, fighting!

I smile. Mr. Lee’s one of those teachers that’s always awesome. He lets us talk in class in our spare time, listen to music (on our phones if we don’t have an MP3 Player or iPod), lets us listen to the music turning a District Common Assessment, and gives us hints during quizzes to make sure we get a good score. So yeah, I’m glad Minwoo picked him.

I knock on the door of his room. “Lee Seonsaengnim?”

He looks up from his desk. “Oh, hello there Eun-young! Is something wrong?”

I walk in with a smile. “Well, Minwoo wasn’t at the lunch table today, and Donghyun oppa told me he left clues to help me find him. I found his first one and it said you had the next one. But I have to guess the initials of one of my friends first…?”

He smiles in recognition. “Yes, very much so. Minwoo’s a smart fellow, he is. Okay, here’s the card with the initials—” He holds the card up. “—and this one has the clue on it.”

I grab onto the initials card. Taking one look, I know exactly who it is. I smile up at Mr. Lee and say, “Amber Josephine Liu.”

He grins back. “Very good, Eun-young. Here you go.” He hands over the other card. I head towards the door. “Eun-young!” he calls.

I turn back around. “Yeah?”

“Have a happy Valentine’s Day.”

I blush and wave. “Bye, Lee Seonsaengnim.”

I read the next card carefully: Go ask Mrs. Choi what I said. You should know the answer to it. Then head to the secluded park area. I’ll be waiting for your answer. I like you~

I furrow my eyebrows. Why would he put like? He loves me. Doesn’t he? He does, right? What if I’ve been boring him lately? Oh, no, that’s not good. That’s not good at all. If I’ve been boring him then he wants to leave me. And when he leaves me, I’ll go back in to depression and possibly commit suicide. I hope I’m not boring him.

Without even knowing, I’m in front of Mrs. Choi’s room. “Choi Seonsaengnim,” I call. She turns to me and smiles. I get right to the chase. “Did Minwoo give you a question to ask me?”

“Yes, he did. He said, ‘When was the last time I told you I loved you, and what were we doing?’”

I smile again. How could I forget it? He tells me basically every time he sees me. But what were we doing? That’s the real question. “Alright. Thank you Choi Seonsaengnim. See you in class later.”

“Bye Eun-young.”

I walk to the secluded park area. This High School was once a pre-school for small children with disabilities and the park area has been closed off for years since High School teens don’t get recess time. It’s a really pretty place, too. It’s a shame we aren’t able to use it.

I stand in front of the playground. Normally it’s bright and sunny, but it’s cloudy outside. And yet, Minwoo lights it all up with his bright smile. He’s wearing a nice suit and tie. He messes with his tie before looking up. He jumps. Looks like I scared him.

“Eun-young!” He smiles and runs up to me and crushes me in a huge hug. I laugh as he spins me around. He sets me down, placing a big kiss on me. “Happy Valentine’s Day, babe.”

“Haven’t you told me enough yet?” I joke.

He pouts. “No. It’ll only be enough when forever is over.”

I sigh and gaze at him lovingly. “Then I guess I’m stuck with you, huh?”

“You got that right. Now, why don’t we eat some lunch?” He claps twice, and lights come on behind him. As he smiles his biggest, I marvel at the beautiful array of lights. It is noon, but it’s dark out, like I said before. But now, instead of it just being Minwoo’s smile, the lights are shining brightly. The slides are lined with them. On each monkey bar, three strings of lights hang down. They’re Christmas lights, too. It only makes it better.

“Minwoo, it’s gorgeous,” I breathe in awe.

“I’m glad you like it Eun-young. I made it in memory of you, trying to make it as beautiful as you, but I just couldn’t do it.” He shrugs and I blush. It’s those kinds of words that make my heart speed up.

And so begins our fun on Valentine’s Day. We enjoy an easy lunch—hamburgers and french-fries from McDonald’s—and Minwoo dances and sings for me. He eventually changes out of his suit for some more comfortable clothes, his favorite. It’s his “gangster outfit.” I keep telling him that he can become a gangster when I stop loving him. And we all know that he’ll never become a gangster, even if I die before him. So he’s never going to be one of those people. I doubt he will though. He’s too much of a sweet boy. Yeah, he’s too much of a sweet boy that’s in love. What we also know is that boys in love are soft most of the time. But if you mess with their girls, you’re dead. Quite literally, too.

Soon, it’s time to go inside. Minwoo helps me stand up. He places another kiss on my lips. “Did you like your Valentine’s Day present, Eun-young?”

“Yes, I did. Thank you Minwoo oppa. You’re the best.” I gave him another kiss.

“Anything for my baby.” One more peck and he pulls away. He reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls a little box out. “Before I forget, I want you to have this.” He opens it. Inside is a tiny chocolate ring. I laugh and pull it out.

“Oppa, what is this supposed to be?”

“Your chocolate. Don’t you want any? Isn’t that what Valentine’s Day is for?”

“Of course it is, but I’m trying to lose weight. You should know that.” I pout.

Minwoo grabs my hips and pulls me close. His hands rub my sides and back, sending a warm feeling all throughout my body. “Eun-young, you don’t need to lose weight. You’re perfect the way you are. But if you’re really that worried about it, we could share the ring.” He smirks and I put half of the ring in my mouth. He takes the other half, bites down. He stretches his lips out. I do the same. They come together in a sweet little kiss. Just the present I wanted for this Valentine’s Day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I'm sorry for not update sooner D: I fell so bad now T^T

But on the bright side, hey, look, I updated! :D Who liked it? Well, I wrote the first two paragraphs... about ten days ago and didn't get anything else written down until this morning and just a few minutes ago, so it might be a little... random...? Yeah, that's the right word:)

Anyway, please cubscribe and comment^^ Comments = Faster updates (hopefully ^-^")

OH, WAIT! I WANT TO KNOW IF YOU GUYS WILL PLEASE CHECK OUT MY NEW HONGKI STORY 8DDD

Okay, thanks for reading, have a nice day X3