New Years' Eve

No Minwoo: Boyfriend Extraordinaire

Ah, this time of year has come again. Mom’s out drinking some more, friends are partying with other friends, and I’m stuck at home watching TV. Nice night, huh? That’s what I thought.

I sigh and throw the remote down. All the blood and gore of the horror movies are nothing compared to American movies. American movies have a ton of characters that I can guess their deaths, and I can also guess who the killer is. But there’s this one movie… “Tale of Two Sisters.” Now THAT’S a horror movie. It’s brilliantly planned out and I had a hard time processing the end throughout my head. The main character was in a psych ward because she saw her mother blow up in a small shed right before her eyes, to start the movie out. She was let out that day and her father picked her up. She went home with him and found her step-mother cooking. She didn’t like her at all. Then she met up with her sister and they did a bunch of stuff together. Then the main girl (we’ll call her… Kate) met up with her ex-boyfriend (Jake) and they started going out again. But he kept telling her that something was wrong with her step-mother (Terry). So one night Kate and her sister (Carly) went and searched in Terry’s room to see what was wrong with her. Their dad was gone on a business so he couldn’t do anything about it. The sisters found some suspicious needles with liquid in it, but they had to escape from Terry because she had gotten back from the store. They made it away in time, but that night Kate and Jake went out on a date. Well, that was what was planned. Kate waited all night until early morning and went back to her room. She went to sleep, but was awoken by somebody knocking on her window. It was Jake. They started to kiss but his spine started to twist and turn in very unnatural ways. She ran from him out of her room and found out it was the afternoon. The night after, she found Carly in Terry’s room, dying. Carly told Kate to go to the police station because the officer would believe her. She did. Instead of being helped by the police officer, she was attacked and sedated by Terry with the help of the officer. Things happened, and eventually she found out Carly hadn’t died. That was when Carly did the unthinkable—she found Terry and killed her. The two girls stood outside, seeing their dad had arrived back home from the business trip. He skidded to a stop, seeing the trail of blood leading into the large dumpster and the blood on the girls’ shirts. He asked Kate what happened. Kate started to yell at Carly to help her with the situation but Carly only told her that their father was a liar. Kate didn’t understand until she found out that Carly wasn’t there. She never was. She had died in the fire with their mom. And the best part about the whole brilliance is that Kate had accidentally started the fire herself. So all that Kate and Carly had gone through since Kate got home from the psych ward never happened. Well, it did, but Kate did it all and imagined it all. And she was the one to kill Terry, not Carly.

You see why I like that movie? It’s amazing.

Anyway, enough reviews of horror movies. I’m probably boring you with it.

I skip over to the computer and turn on some of my favorite songs like “Mr. Simple,” “Marry U,” “No Other,” “Don’t Don,” “Sorry Sorry,” “Bonamana,” “Super Girl,” “Blue Tomorrow,” “It’s You,” “Cooking Cooking,” and so many more. Yep, huge ELF here! My personal favorite is Ryeowook. He’s just so handsome, and I love how he lost weight by jumping rope a thousand times a day. His voice is beautiful too. Minwoo looks up to him too, but because of how eccentric and courageous he is. Minwoo thinks he’s shy… Ah, I do love my shy boy.

I dance to “Sorry Sorry,” “Bonamana,” and “No Other,” my top favorites. “Sorry Sorry” is awesome because of the repeating lyrics; they make it easier to listen to. “Bonamana” has that amazing dance solo. I like dancing, so it’s my kind of song. “No Other” is just a sweet song with lyrics that melt any girl’s heart, and Leeteuk’s voice is so gorgeous in it. But so is Ryeowook’s, so it’s all fine. As a matter of fact, they’re all perfect.

But not as perfect as Minwoo. He’ll always be number one in my eyes.

By the time I’m done with all the dances, I’m tired to the very tissues of my bones and I have sweat gliding down my forehead. I wipe it away, panting. Do you know how hard it is to dance three intense dances without stopping, each a different tempo and style? Yeah, pretty tough.

I grab a water bottle out of the fridge and take a long gulp. I look at the water I just put in my body and laugh. I just drank half the bottle! Hey, it’s a new record.

Just then, the bell rings. I peek through the window near the door. I smile and grow giddy. I fling the door open. “MINWOO OPPA!!!”

“Whoa!” he squeaks as I bring him into a tight hug. He laughs and carries me inside. Youngmin, Kwangmin, Hyunseong, Jeongmin, Donghyun, Amber, Luna, Krystal, Victoria, and Sulli follow after.

Minwoo puts me down on my feet. I give him a sweet kiss and look at my friends. “Annyong! Why are you guys here? I thought you’d be out partying with your other friends.”

Victoria answers. “We thought it’d be nice to spend time with our little maknae as a way to make up your birthday to you. This is your party; just us and music. Sounds fun, right?” She giggles and snuggles into Donghyun’s side. He gladly hugs her back.

“Aww, you guys don’t have to do this. It’s fine. But thanks for coming anyway.” I smile and take Minwoo’s hand. He gladly squeezes mine back.

“Alright,” Amber says. “Why don’t we get the party started?”

My friends cheer and immediately head for the CD player. I’m not sure what they put in until I hear it.

“OH MY, GOSH, IT’S SHINEE!!!” I squeal. I’m getting hyper. Anytime I’m hyper, I get crazy. So as a heads up, expect a different me, a non-tomboy one. Cos when I’m a different me, I’m girly.

Everybody laughs. Minwoo and the oppas take their places. Donghyun sits this out and talks with Victoria outside. They’re probably talking about the wedding that’s coming up in a few months. I can’t wait until my wedding. It’s going to be purple with pink cats and blue dogs and green fish and neon yellow birds. It’s going to be AMAZING!

Minwoo is Taemin, Hyunseong is Key, Jeongmin is Jonghyun, Kwangmin is Minho, and Youngmin is Onew. They’ve always loved this dance. Its fun, up-beat tempo keeps them on their feet and always gives them a rush. Minwoo tells me that a lot.

The boys finish in perfect formation. The girls and I applaud and run to give the guys a hug. Minwoo is the only one to sweep me up and spin me around like he just won a prize. It’s his dream—to dance in front of a crowd and win something in return. For now, he’s just going to win me and all my love I can conjure up for him.

Then a slow song comes on. It’s not SHINee, but Super Junior. It’s “Marry U.” I blush as Minwoo takes me by the hand and drags me outside.

The cool night air feels good against my skin, but it’s kind of cold. Minwoo senses it and takes off his blazer to put it around me like he did last week. I rest my head in the crook of his neck and listen to him sing to me. Even though he likes rapping, he still enjoys to sing, and he’s really good too.

“Do you mean it?” I suddenly ask.

Minwoo stops singing to see what I mean. “What?”

“Do you mean it? When you say you love me, do you love me?”

“Of course I do. Haven’t I told you enough?”

“Words aren’t everything Minwoo.”

“I know, and that’s why I’ve done my best to show it too. Remember last week?”

“That’s not what I mean. Sure you made love to me, but what else have you done?”

“You don’t remember it?” he asks, bewildered. He moves, which makes my head fall a little. He peers at me.

“I remember it all perfectly,” I answer honestly. “I just want to know if you do.”

He rests back in his seat and caresses me in his warm embrace again. “Let’s see… I asked you out one year ago tomorrow with roses, a bunch of chocolates, and a song. “Marry U,” I believe.” I nod to let him know he’s right. He goes on. “Our first date, I asked you if I could kiss you so I didn’t seem like the kind of boyfriend to come on to a girl out of nowhere. Our second date was spent at the amusement park. We had our first kiss there when we had to leave due to rain. And you liked it because you’ve always wanted to kiss in the rain. Our third date was at the park with all the kids because you love kids. Little Dongho was there too and he kept bugging us about it and our kiss. You just laughed it off and told him he’d do the same thing when he got older. That day in my house, we had our first French kiss.” I turned red at the memory, and Minwoo just poked my cheek with his finger. “And you looked too cute when you were blushing, just like you are now. I took you out on your birthday last week, my mind just on you and nothing Christmas. My number one priority was to see you smile again. I definitely made you smile, and so much more.” He chuckled as I buried my face in my hands. “And lastly, here we are, New Years’ Eve, in each other’s arms, listening to the song I serenaded you with one year ago. Isn’t it amazing how much time can pass when you’re with the one you love? I sure can’t believe it. But I’m glad it’s passing with you, Eun-young. I couldn’t have a better girlfriend.”

Without allowing me to say anything sweet to him too, he took my face in his hands and kissed me. Amazingly, fireworks literally went off above us. I think it’s the New Year. Didn’t Minwoo just put his phone away…? Yeah, he did. So he was waiting for this moment… Yep, I love him.

I wrap my arms around him and enjoy our connection. It’s the best feeling in the world. I never want it to leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A Tale of Two Sisters" is a Korean horror film that was popular world-wide, and two brothers directed an American remake of it, "The Uninvited." I love how it's so amazing and heart-pounding through the whole thing. I kept thinking that it was the sister who killed the step-mother throughout the whole movie, but in the end, it was the main sister! I was like "WTF?!" I really liked the older sister too T_T She was cool, like all of you subscribers and commenters >:)

Speaking of that, I'd like to know what you guys think about this chapter! Sweet or what? I liked it ^^ I kept listening to "Marry U" by Super Junior the whole way through, and it definitely gave off the perfect mood for the chapter. Please comment and subscribe!! I love both ^-^

(PICTURE: Isn't Minwoo THE MOST adorable thing you've ever seen?!)