Chapter 14: History~

♦♦PRISM

Chapter 14: History~

 

 

Scanning my phone’s documents, I once again stumbled upon the certain note that I wrote for myself:

 

Date: April 19, 2009

Place: MyeongDong (?)

Reason for writing: I just feel like it

Topic: random

Time: 11:58:55 pm

Content:

It’s cold and I need my car! Can’t throw tantrums! Hate you *referring to myself*

 

 

I laughed, like seriously, why did I even think of hating myself? Oh, right, I told my parents that I didn’t need a car so they decided not to buy me one when I was in Korea just a few years back. My parents awarded me with an all-expense paid trip to any country of my choice, and obviously my first choice was Korea, then I went to Japan, then I went back to the country of my ancestors *drumroll please* China.

 

You might think that, I am filthy rich, but hella no. And the money that my family have is not from doing those filthy jobs that can ruin or tarnish our reputation, my father, a business man who really strived hard was lucky enough to close a billion dollar contract *this is what my mom told me when I was five so deal with it* so obviously I have lived my life with my parents handing me everything from what I want to what I need well let’s include what I don’t need and what I don’t want. They gave me everything.

Another thought might also come into your mind regarding the statement above, I mean some people think that I am a spoiled brat, but no I’m not, I may be somewhat materialistic but I don’t just bat my eyelash and act cute just to get what I want, I’m the type that bargains a lot, I would prefer to have a win win situation..I mean..uh..I’m more of a give and receive type of person..now I am also confusing myself. -_-

 

 

That note reminded me how I first saw him personally, and as I have mentioned before it was just pure coincidence, and it’s just like the one that happened just a few hours ago, well except for the running and paparazzi scenes.

 

 

Standing just outside 오설 in MyeongDong carrying my phone on my hands and grasping it tight like my entire life depends on it, which is true, my life depended on my schedule on my phone which I literally broke [especially when I saw the tea shop, yes I am a freak when it comes to tea, coffee, milk, chocolates, sweets, everything that can actually cause diabetes. Now back to the story.] It was really chilly and I opted to go alone, leaving my mom and dad at the hotel without telling them where I ventured off too, and I regret doing it.

 

I did not know anyone in that area, or even have that amount of courage for me to ask anybody about the directions and stuff, [I’m somewhat an introvert..-_-]. Walking back to the shop I found a table unoccupied, so I just sat at one of the chairs that surrounded it. But then a boy, with black locks tapped my shoulder and told me that I was sitting on his reserved table.

 

“Uh, Mianhe..” I stuttered and stood up.

 

I couldn’t deny the fact that the boy is prettier than I am, he’s obviously taller than I am, his eyes sparkling as the moonlight struck it, his hair perfectly messed up, his face is perfect without a flaw that can actually make me think that he does not have an ugly side.

“You can join me if you want.” He said as he smiled at me, “It’s my birthday.”

 

“Really? But why are you celebrating all alone?” I asked him.

 

“My friends will arrive later, they’re kinda busy..”

 

“Oh..uhmm..Happy Birthday..” I greeted cheerfully.

 

“Thanks. But my birthday is on the 20th..” he chuckled.

 

“But you just said..that—oh..right..I should have greeted you when the clock strikes 12..” I laughed along with him.

 

“You’re new here..This is the first time that I saw you..”

 

“Obviously..” I sarcastically answered, but realizing what I just did with the look on his face, “Sorry..”

 

“It’s fine, so are you staying around here?”

 

“Nope..just a 3 day vacation with my parents, then I’ll be off again..”

 

“Oh..You should have worn warm clothes..” He said as he noticed me slightly shivering in my seat.

 

“I did not know that I’ll be spending a lot of time outside so I did not bring my coat..”

 

“So..”

 

“I’m lost..hahaha,” I laughed bitterly at my misery.

 

He did not reply, but instead he stood up and took off his jacket and placed it on my shoulders.

 

“Ah?..”

 

“You need it more than I do..” He answered my inaudible question. “I’m used to the cold..” he added as he shrugged and sat right back down on his seat.

 

I blushed, but it was a good thing that it was somehow dark.

 

“Happy Birthday!” I greeted again as I noticed that the time on my phone is already 12 and a message from my dad arrived telling me that he’s already near. “And thanks for the jacket, It kept me warm..” I added with a smile on my face.

 

“Keep it..” He smiled back, “a gift from me to you..” He laughed.

 

“Gift? It’s your birthday not mine..” I said as I took off the jacket from my shoulders. “I should be the one that should give you a gift..”

 

“Just keep it..” He smiled, “and it’s fine.”

 

“But to me it’s not..”

 

I looked at him once again as I stood up, I really don’t have anything that I could give him, but my conscience would hunt me down if I don’t give anything to him, he kept me company, he let me keep his jacket, he even offered me to stay with him and celebrate his birthday even though we’re complete strangers. A light bulb then lit up inside my mind. Biting my lower lip I gave him the only thing that is the 2nd most important thing to me [my phone holds the top 1 spot].

 

“Uh…can you close your eyes for a bit?” I awkwardly asked.

 

“Why?”

 

“I won’t do anything bad..”

 

“Ok..” he smiled again and complied to what I asked.

 

“hand..ca-can you open your hand?..”

 

He nodded then opened his hands in front of him. I slowly took off the ring from my ring finger and placed it on his palm. As he felt the cold metal ring in his palm, he opened his eyes and looked at me.

 

“Happy birthday again..” I greeted with a smile.

 

“I can’t accept this..this might be important to you and—“

 

“yup, it is, but you saved me from being frozen to death alone and you kept me company..” I explained, “plus it’s your birthday and that is the only thing that I can give to you..”

 

“but—“

 

“Just keep it or you can give it to the girl that you’ll love...” I chuckled, “but, if you choose to do the latter, then keep it safe..”

 

He smiled again. “Thanks..”

 

“No problem, but I am also keeping this..” I answered as I raised his jacket.

 

He answered me with a nod, “You can also give that to the boy that you’ll love..”

 

I smiled as I shook my head, “I don’t think that will ever happen..so which one will you choose?”

 

“uh..I’m gonna keep this for myself..as a memory from you..”

 

‘beep!’

 

“my dad is here..thank you for everything..ah—chingu?” I asked and ran towards the car, but a voice from afar caught my attention before I entered the car.

 

“Yo! LuHan! Happy Birthday!!”

 

And I think it was one of his friends who greeted him. That was also the time that I knew his name. Years constantly then passed by as I kept his jacket with me, but I saw him again, but this time I saw him on the internet as an artist. His eyes are still the same, I mean every single thing about him is the same. Except for the color of his hair. I then became one of this fans, following every blog about him, every page, Every song that his group releases, every show that they appear. But one thing caught my attention and it was during a football game, a photo from a fansite master a close up photo showing him with his newly dyed orange locks, blue football uniform, orange studs, and a ring that was hanging on his neck a ring that served as a pendant, a ring that seemed so familiar. And that was the time where I zoomed it completely at the photo, putting all my focus to the ring on his neck, and I was right, it was the ring that I gave to him, I think..

 

“Jinnie!!!!” The girls screamed completely breaking my train of thought.

 

“What?!” I answered back as I placed down my phone and looked at them who were pointing straight at the television. Raising my right brow I looked at the TV screen and saw my predebut picture flashing out  on the show where EXO is currently guesting in.

 

[Note: The following scenes are on the TV]

 

MC: *looking at Luhan* Do you know her?

 

Luhan: *nods*

 

MC: *flashes another photo of the two of us in which he was placing the coat on my shoulders* You two are pretty close..don’t you think?

 

Suho: They are close..*smiles*

 

MC: What do you mean?

 

Sehun: They knew each other way before Luhan Hyung’s debut.

 

MC: *Looks at Luhan again*

 

Luhan: She’s someone special to me.

 

MC: hmmm..so I know that some fans already asked you this, during fansign events, interviews, photoshoots, but during that time you never mentioned anyone that is special to you, so this time, can you tell us what’s your ideal type?

 

Luhan: *smiles* You’re looking at her picture..

 

MC: The photos have been circulating fast on SNS..

 

Luhan: I know, so…to the person who started to circulate the photos, thank you so much, at least I don’t have to hide her anymore..

 

Chanyeol: So you were hiding her? It didn’t seem like it..

 

Kris: Yeah, everytime he sees her, he always hides and watches her from afar..like a highschool boy that has a crush.

 

Luhan: what’s wrong with that? I like her.

 

MC: O_O! that’s a straight out confession!

 

D.O: and the cat got out of the bag.

 

Other Guests including EXO: *laughs at D.O’s statement*

 

[Back to the Girl’s side]

 

“What did he just say?!” I shouted as I stood up and pointed at the TV screen.

 

“He just said that he likes you on national television..” Ai gasped.

 

“Jin..” Nam and Shin chorused, “He…”

 

“NOT.ONE.WORD.” I ordered as I rushed to my room and locked up.

 

Pacing back and forth inside my room while biting my well-manicured nails, asking myself how the hell can I patch things up, how the hell did he came up with that answer. But yes, obviously I am flattered, flustered, delighted, happy, ecstatic or whatever word that can describe the over flowing happiness that my heart is experiencing as of this moment. And equivalent to the happy feeling was this fear of being bombarded with his fans, and with the fear that this might cause me or my group to have anti-fans.

 

“Jin! Out, now!” Nam shouted as she pounded the door to my room. “You have to watch this.”

 

Hearing Nam like that made me stop throwing my random tantrums at my pillows, I went out once again and joined them at the living room.

 

[TV interview]

 

MC: I think this show now circulates at your issue Luhan-ssi

 

Luhan: *eyes opens widely*

 

MC: many fan messages are coming in right now and is asking how both of you met..

 

Luhan: I met her even before she was casted as a trainee..

 

[Pause]

 

The girls looked at me asking for an explanation as I also looked at the TV screen asking for his explanation and does he really remember me?

 

“Jin!!” Shin shrieked.

 

I looked at Shin with a glare and pointed at the tv making her along with the girls place their attention at the interview.

 

[TV interview]

 

Luhan: It was during my 19 birthday when we met, she was sitting at the table that I reserved for me and my friends, she looked cold and lost at the same time as she continued typing something on her phone. When I went near her I can instantly sense that she’s not from Korea-

 

Chanyeol: Instant? Is she a cup noodle?

 

Kai: Hyung shhhhh!

 

MC: wait…wait..*looks at the other members* judging by your actions you just all heard about their history today?

 

Suho: Yes.

 

Kris: back at the company, he would just ask us again and again like..uh..Tao..Baekhyun, Chen..

 

Tao: why are you calling out my name?

 

Kris: you are the ones who would always witness how he reacts right? Do a skit.

 

Lay: Chen, you should be Luhan..

 

Chen: then..

 

Luhan: 0_0

 

D.O: Xiumin hyung should be Jin, then Baekhyun and Tao just act normally.

 

Chanyeol: Is there anything normal with those two?*laughs*

 

Baekhyun: Chanyeol! Hush!

 

Kris: One- Two- Three Start!

 

 

*Tao, Baekhyun and Chen walking while they spotted Xiumin with Lay, D.O, Kai, & Sehun (the four that were randomly picked to act as Jin’s friends)*

 

Chen: *stopped walking*

 

Tao: mwoya?

 

Baekhyun: Hyung?

 

Chen: She’s beautiful right?

 

Tao: me? Yeah..I’m beautiful..

 

Baekhyun: *smacks Tao’s arm* Yah! not you.

 

Chen: she really is here..

 

Tao: Baekhyun! It hurts!

 

Baekhyun: you’re green

 

Chen: Should I talk to her?

 

Tao: I’m not!

 

Baekhyun: yes you are.

 

Xiumin: *walks away with the other four*

 

MC: I don’t understand a thing..

 

Luhan: me too.

 

Kris: we just usually ignore him when he acts like that, which is every day, he gets to see her every single day..

 

Lay: yeah, he acts like a ninja when she’s around

 

Sehun: stalker!

 

Kai: yeah yeah, like a stalker!

 

MC: So in the past he just usually hides?

 

EXO: *nods*

 

MC: let’s continue with Luhan’s story..

 

Luhan: where was I?

 

Chanyeol: You’re here.

 

Chen: to be precise you’re in the studio.

 

Suho: will both of you please shush.

 

Luhan: *ignored the Chen and Yeol* ah, yeah, she gave off a vibe that she’s not from here, I talked to her, and I was surprised that she can speak Korean fluently, I kept her company until her father picked her up, but we talked and I found out that she was just here for vacation. Then after a few years I saw her again, but this time she’s a trainee, she still looked the same, she still looked lost but she smiles, she always smile and laughs with her friends, she looks contented and happy.

 

MC: and by looking at her you harbored feelings for her?

 

Luhan: Yeah.. if you get to know her, maybe you’ll understand.

 

MC: Waah~ but your fans might..you know..

 

Luhan: I just hope that they’ll keep calm and not touch her, she’s just starting in this industry..

 

MC: so she’ll be an artist?

 

Suho: she’ll be in a group called ‘PRISM’

 

MC: PRISM? Ah..that group that is currently being promoted by your company.. I heard about them, they’re the very first full multi-racial group, and their voices are good.

 

Suho: some people might think that this issue was created for us to promote them but it’s not.

 

Luhan: I just don’t want anything bad to happen to her or to her group so I decided to clear things up.

 

MC: we understand, so..*looks straight at the camera* we’ll be looking forward to PRISM for their debut and see what they really have.

 

[TV turned off]

 

“Who?!” Ai shouted as she looked at the back and saw Mr. Jung standing holding the remote control in his hands. “Ah-“

 

Mr. Jung stood there just beside the flower pot looking at us as he made his way to the sofa and sat rather comfortably. “Did the two of you talk about that?” he asked.

 

I shook my head, we never had that chance to talk for goodness sake, right after that sermon in the office he went straight to the studio, I also explained to Mr. Jung that I now know how to cover up his story for Harpers with that said, he just gave us a few pointers and left.

 

 

The next couple of days passed by rather loudly, everytime that we go out of the apartment there would be cameras following us around, reporters buzzing here and there throwing questions to us that are hitting rather below the belt.

 

“Jin! Just buy us another car..” Shin shouted in frustration as we sat inside our van.

 

“They now know the plate number and that we are taking this van..plus look..” Nam explained as she pointed at the side mirror, “they really do plan to follow us around.”

 

“Jin, it’s frustrating, like seriously frustrating.” Ai said as she flailed her hands in the air.

 

“I want them to stop following us, we now can’t eat or go shopping..without being followed around, I feel so harassed..” Seo Yeon muttered making us look at her.

 

“You’re not alone Shob, we also feel that way too..” Shin moved from her seat and went beside Seo Yeon, she then looked at me, “Now will you please buy us a car?”

 

“Why does it have to be me who should pay for the car?” I protested.

 

“To be specific, we need 5 cars..” Shin sing songed.

 

“5?! Where on earth can I get that insanely huge amount of money to buy 5 blasted cars?! Plus those two still can’t drive and Nam..is..”

 

“I’m not a wreckless driver, I just can’t understand why they placed the stick thingy to there to change gears and It was not my fault that there was a tree on the parking area.” Nam answered.

 

“It’s called a shifting gear Nam..” Shin corrected. “Jin, just buy us an automatic car.”

 

The other girls nodded.

 

“No. I don’t want to spend.”

 

“But to be honest, we are just plagued by those reporters because of your issue..” Shin once again sang.

 

“I was not alone in that issue. Why don’t the four of you just go to him and ask him to buy you cars for compensational damage.”

“No can do. You’re our leader and you need to take responsibility.” Nam wagged her finger.

 

“Yes, I am, and I say no.”

 

After that car quote and quote discussion the girls decided to give me the cold shoulder, and it was so frustrating, I really want to rip their heads off. Even inside the practice room, they did not even cast me a single glance.

 

“Why are they ignoring you?” A voice startled me from the back, revealing Suho standing just behind the door followed by the other members.

 

“Car issues, no biggie.” I shrugged, and move away from the door letting them come inside. “Wait..it’s still our-“

 

“We need to discuss about the issue.” Suho said, “but it’s tiring so let’s just have a get to know portion shall we?”

 

“Oh..ohkay..Girls!” I shouted but then again they did not look at me and ignored the boys who just entered.

 

“And you call this a no biggie..” Kris sniggered.

 

“Do you want to die?” I asked him as I took out my phone and began typing my dad’s number.

“Hello dad, I need Aston and Carrie, now.” With those words said the girls looked at me with a triumphant smiles on their faces.

 

“Jinnie!” they shouted and hugged me, great, I just lost to a silent argument with them.

 

“Who’s Aston?” Luhan suddenly asked.

 

“and Carrie?” Sehun second motioned.

 

“None of your biz.” I grumpily said. The boys eyes widened as I made my way towards the edge of the room,”And I am about to go bankrupt.”

 

“Who are you calling?” Nam asked as she curiously looked at me.

 

“My accountant.” I answered shortly, “When Aston and Carrie arrives I’ll freeze my account.”

 

“Wha-what?! No!!” Seo Yeon and Ai shouted at the same time.

 

“Jin..” Seo Yeon stomped her feet, just give Carrie up and un freeze your account, “we only need Aston right?

 

“Shob, as if she’ll let us touch Aston..” Shin said in a matter-of-fact tone.

 

“Plus Jin,never lets Aston travel without Carrie..” Nam added.

 

“But freezing Jin’s account means no…” Ai started to think of the things that money could possibly buy, but thoughts about the horror movie that she watched last night made her stop thinking and just smiled.

 

“Now we’re really curious who’s Aston and Carrie?” Tao asked as he looked at the dazed Ai.

 

 

“Why don’t you guys just practice..” Shin said as she tapped Tao’s shoulder, “you’ll meet them soon..I guess..”

 

“Yeah, judging with Jin’s phone that kept on ringing..” Seo Yeon pointed at my phone on the floor, “That’s probably her dad..”

 

 

 

A few hours continued to pass and we just continued to practice and not talk to each other, reason, I’m on a foul mood coz my dad made me pay for the instant Shipping fee for Aston and Carrie so that means I wasted almost half of my savings just for the shipping fee.

 

“Ah..why is there a truck outside the building?” Sehun blurted out causing us to stop practicing and look outside the window.

 

“They’re here!! That was really fast!” Nam squealed in delight as she ran first to the door and out of it, while Shin and the others followed her out.

 

“What do you expect from her..” Shin grinned, “Jin come on..we can’t see them if you won’t be the first one there..”

 

“Just let Nam sign it.” I shrugged and walked slowly after the girls got out and then the boys just followed us out of curiosity.

 

 

As soon as we arrived on the ground floor and into the parking area we were greeted by a deliveryman in his mid thirties carrying a tablet with my dad’s logo and a courier logo on it.

 

“Ms. SeoJin, please sign here” He said as he handed me the tab, “and your father wanted to ask you if you’re interested in AM’s latest release.”

 

“Which release? V12 Zagato, VanVol, Neiman, DB9, VanUGT?” I asked.

 

“What is she talking about and what’s in the truck?” Kai asked Shin who really looked impatient as she played with the hem of her shirt.

 

“Cars..” Shin smiled rather widely, “our dream cars..”

 

“Cars? What cars?” Suho asked making Ai look at him.

 

“AM…” Ai answered dreamily, “Aston Martin..”

 

I noticed Nam, Seo Yeon, Ai and Shin’s reactions and how excited they were as soon as the truck arrived, but I was really shocked to see that the truck seemed bigger from what I expected it to be, I only told my dad to send me Aston and Carrie, but why is the truck so big?

 

“Uhmm..can you please open the truck..” I asked the delivery guy, in which he answered me with a nod and the first container opened revealing Aston DB9 and Carrie.

 

“Ashhhhh----Carrrieeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!” Shin screamed rather loudly and headed first for Aston but I think she felt that I was sending her some daggers she changed her course and ran towards Carrie.

 

“Give her the keys.” I said to the guy who opened the container and he complied.

“I-I can drive Carrie?..” Shin stuttered while Nam’s eyes opened widely and so did Ai and SeoYeon.

 

“The four of you will share Carrie and NO ONE may touch Aston got it?” I said with diction.

 

“Yes!” They shouted and went straight inside Carrie then out once again.

 

“Carrie…as in..” Kris buffered.

 

“Porshe 911 Carrera 4S..the latest..and it’s in Midnight Blue..” Shin explained as she continued to sprout blabbers about Carrie.

 

“We also don’t know what she’s talking about but by the sound of it.. it’s amazing..” Seo Yeon chirped

 

“So she called her dad to buy your group a car and she even gave them a name?” Chanyeol asked as he looked at my direction

 

“She doesn’t need to buy them, she has tons of the latest models..” Nam shrugged. “with her dad working in the Car world what would you expect?...”

 

I looked at them once again and shook my head, I just really hope that if they use Carrie they would take good care of her. “Wait, so if my dad sent DB9, what’s in the 2nd container? It seemed bigger than the first one..”

 

“Ah, your dad said that the cars does not have any space left in the garage so he also sent those here and that you should find a home for the other cars while you’re here in Korea, and he needs you to take a good look and evaluate the cars..” the delivery guy said as he guided me towards the 2nd container.

 

“You’re dad is joking right?” Shin stuttered as Ai tried to lean in and touch the other cars.

 

“Don’t touch any AM version without her permission Ai..” Nam warned.

 

“But Seo Yeon is touching it right now..” Ai pouted.

 

“What?!” Nam and Shin chorused, “Jin?” they asked while they looked at me who was just standing in the entrance of the container with my shocked expression written all over my face.

 

“Why did my freaking dad sent me all LM’s of AM?!” I shouted in frustration, “How the hell can I maintain my babies?!!!”

 

“Babies?” Luhan this time asked, he was so quite the whole time so I really did  not pay any attention if their group is complete or not.

 

“Aston, Carrie, Van, Nem, Z, Gie..” I said while my eyes trailed from Aston DB9, Carrie, Vanquish Volante, Vanquish Neiman, V12 Zagato, and Vanquish UGT.

 

“So she really is naming all of her cars..” Chanyeol concluded.

 

“No, Sherlock.” Shin sarcastically answered the giant who just looked at her and smiled.

 

“Why are you smiling?” Shin asked.

 

“You’re the very first girl who used the word to me..” Chanyeol answered.

 

“Then should I call you everytime that I see you?” Shin asked.

 

“Shin!” Nam warned, “language!” she added while covering Seo Yeon’s ears.

 

“Nam unnie..wae?” Seo Yeon asked as soon as Nam’s hands covered her ears and she tried to break away.

 

“Just stay still shob and don’t listen to them.” Nam said while she pointed at Ai.

 

“But I think they’re talking about poop…why are they talking about poop?” Seo Yeon innocently asked.

 

“Just follow what your Unnie is saying..” Sehun said as he made his way towards Seo Yeon, “Or you could just listen to me..” he smiled.

 

“But you’re not even talking to me.” Seo Yeon muttered rather loudly.

 

“I am talking to you now..” Sehun answered back.

 

With those words spoken, Seo Yeon liften her head up and her gaze met Sehun’s causing her to turn beet red well who wouldn’t if your UB is standing close to you and your face is only an inch away from his.

 

“Wait-are you alright? Seo-hey!” Sehun shouted as Seo Yeon fell.

 

“SHOB!” we all screamed.

______________________________________________________