Chapter 9: Freeze!

♦♦PRISM

Chapter 9: Freeze!

 

 

Right after Jeno left, Seo Yeon was apparently in a dazed state well who wouldn’t be in that state if you’ll see a cute boy smiling at you and even talking to you?

 

“Earth to Shobe..” Nam poked Seo Yeon’s arm and pushed her lightly making the latter just bounce back to her seat like her is glued to the floor.

“We need to go home.” Ai then again broke the silence and waved her hand in front of Seo Yeon’s face. “she’s a goner.”

 

Even at a dazed state we managed to pull or should I say drag Seo Yeon out of the building and into the apartment. Uh…I know dragging means harsh but-okay…I’m not that mean, I won’t risk injuring my friend I carried-oh- alright..I made Shin carry her all the way back, hey! Don’t judge me like that, I just don’t want to risk my body and energy in carrying a girl almost near my weight right? I would end up having broken bones if I carry Seo Yeon.

 

“Jin.” Shin suddenly poked her head inside my room-to clear things out, she opened the door and poked her head and yeah you get the point.

I looked at Shin and gestured her to come inside my room, I laughed as I saw her carrying pain relieve patches in her hands.

“If you’re going to tell me to patch you up, then it’s a no.” I coldly said.

“I was just going to ask if you have more patches..” Shin shrugged.

Pointing at my bedside table Shin hurriedly went to it and took out the whole box.

“You’re going to use every single patch?” I asked her as she was about to go out of my room.

“You would too if you tried carrying a sack of rice on your shoulders.” She hissed and closed the door, well..gotta give Shin the credits for actually being that strong to carry Seo Yeon, and blimey! No..I am not weak, I just don’t want to waste energy, you see I need my energy to-uh..whatever, scratch that.

 

 

The days passed by with Seo Yeon completely frozen on her tracks as we come across Jeno and who would have thought that the same thing will happen with Shin?!

 

We were walking in the hallway, when we bumped into someone that took our breaths away. There stood right in front of us were our sunbaes, Eunhyuk and Donghae, both of them finished recording their new song when we bumped into them, well it was Nam who bumped into them but well we are one right?

 

Shin was stuttering, her tough exterior was gone, I guess we can all see it floating in midair as Donghae held her hand and wished her luck, and well Luck was really on our side today coz Ryeowook and Heechul also appeared right before our eyes.

 

“Hi Jin,” HeeChul smiled and waved at me in which Nam, Ai and Seo Yeon looked at me curiously while Shin stopped talking as she held onto DongHae’s hand while her eyes lingered to Ryeowook. “Would you mind explaining while your friend there is looking like a deranged person while holding a fish’s hand and looking at this deranged boy beside me?”

 

“And would you please explain why you care so much about these deranged persons?” I asked back.

“Touché!” Heechul exclaimed and patted Ryeowook’s back and made the latter say ‘Hi’ to Shin.

 

And when they left us in front of the recording studio,that was the only time when Shin was able to talk. And then Nam started to interrogate me with how I managed to actually know Kim HeeChul, I explained how I met the guy and how we became friends, well you see, we met just about half a month ago I managed to talk to the guy while I gulped down all the shyness and the shame that I felt, Well he was my first ever Bias for the reason that he’s different and that he is prettier than me. ‘Whew! That was hard..admitting that someone is actually prettier than I am’, so back to the story, I asked if I can take a selca with him and he said yes, then we clicked just like that we became friends and then he was the first person to congratulate me when he learned that we are about to debut.

 

“So he is the guy that you were texting non-stop a few days ago?” Ai teased.

I just smiled at them, “Just don’t think about it like that coz it’s clearly not, he’s my friend and forever he will be.”

“Okay~” Nam and Shin chorused.

“Whatever, enough with this talk.” I whisked my hand away , “Where’s Shob?”

“quit changing the subject..” Shin laughed.

“I am not..” I slapped her hand and crossed my arms as I rested my back on the chair.

 

“Guess who guess who guess who..” Seo Yeon suddenly came in running and huffing like crazy while she waved her hands in the air like a mad man.

“What have you done to Shobe?!” Ai stood up and shook Seo Yeon lightly.

“Whut?” Seo Yeon looked at Ai and then resumed in shouting the word Guess who all over again.

 

We just decided not to prod over Seo Yeon’s question and shrug it off, well we all thought that it was probably Jeno, that she got his number and that they will hang out together and other things like that.

 

 

Moving left to right while swaying our hips to the rhythm of the music, jumping here and there and almost tripping on our feet as we danced along with the song.

“I’m dead beat!” Shin slumped herself down on the floor with Seo Yeon beside her who was also huffing.

“Come on…up..” Nam urged both of them, “ we still have 4 more hours..we can’t afford to slack..”

“Slack?!!!! We have been practicing for 3 hours!!” Shin screamed as she pulled Seo Yeon back down. “Right Shob?”

 

Seo Yeon was about to answer but Nam, Ai and I (oh..that rhymes..hahaha) glared at her so she just closed and looked at all of us with defeat in her eyes. Even with our ranting and endless pushes Shin just stayed glued to the floor and refused to stand up and cooperate.

 

“Well this leaves me with no choice..” I said as I took out my phone.

“What are you doing unnie?” Seo Yeon asked while she managed to stand near Ai who was already grinning.

“I’m going to call a certain Fish, or I might call Wookie..” I said as I scrolled the contacts on my phone.

“You can’t do that..you don’t have their nu-a-ahh..” Shin did not finish her words as she saw DongHae and Ryeowook’s name and number flashing on my phone. “How did you get those!!!!” she screamed.

“I have my sources..” I laughed, “Heechul.”

 

“You wouldn’t dare..” Shin hissed and still lazily laid down.

“Try me..” I answered back as I pressed the call button, “Oppa!..what are you doing right now?”

Shin’s eyes widened as we heard Nam, Ai and Seo Yeon laughing.

I ended the call when I saw her standing up then smiled, “Let’s practice..”

 

 

 

“Yo!!!!” A loud manly shout echoed inside the practice room, our heads then instantly turned to the door and saw Ryeowook, DongHae, Eunhyuk, and Heechul standing beside the door carrying a plastic bag.

“Ddukbokki?” HeeChul asked as he raised a black plastic and waved it up.

Donghae smacked his head, “That is not a lunch box that you should shake!”

“Did you just smack my head?” HeeChul asked with a glare.

“I..I..hey..Hi Shin!” DongHae waved and walked towards Shin who was now glued on the spot.

The other boys then followed inside and gestured us to sit with them on the floor.

“You girls should take a break..” Eunhyuk said while opening the plastic bags, “by the looks of it you were all practicing for hours..”

“Well we were…” Ai said as she sat and took a bite of the hamburger and ate some of the ddukbokki. “our monster of a leader told us to practice nonstop..”

“What did you just say?” I hissed at Ai.

Instead of answering she just stuffed her face with food.

“that’s my sis!” HeeChul said as he ruffled my hair.

“Sis?! When did you two became related?” Ryeowook asked as he handed Nam a coke.

 

“You got me a ddukbokki? And you clearly know how strict our-I mean my diet is yet you also bought me a burger..” I complained as I pointed at the food in front of me, earning a stare from the others. “And you call yourself my brother?!”

“Hey!..before you complain and nag me to death..here..” Heechul said as he handed me 2 Bubble teas (wintermelon and Taro flavored)

“Tea!” I shouted with glee as I took the teas from HeeChul’s hands.

“So that’s why you ran out on us while we were in the fastfood chain..” Eunhyuk laughed.

 

We ate and talk and they even helped us with the choreography and sang with us, we all had a great time..I swear..I saw Nam tearing up when she saw Ryeowook belting a note but miserable failed, Shin laughing so hard on the floor as she saw DongHae and Eunhyuk fighting over who would get the last coke, Ai on the other hand together with Seo Yeon were taking a so called Selca tutoring session with HeeChul.

 

 

“Uh..excuse me..I think it’s already our shift in this practice room..” a voice then stopped us from chattering and laughing hard. “Ah…Sunbae..” the boy said as the door opened wider and revealed the other guys standing.

 

 

And we literally froze. With the capital F.