Chapter 5: where all the Fudginess Ends

♦♦PRISM

Chapter 5: where all the Fudginess Ends

 

 

 

‘Like Ohmy freaking cheesballs! I just talked to him!!!’ I squealed inside my ever so not cooperative brain making me fall hard on the ground. But I brushed it off and ran towards the other girl’s that was currently sitting in the cafeteria.

 

“Girls” I shouted that really caused for almost everyone to look at me.

“What?” Shin asked as she stuffed the crackers that she has been nibbling on .

“I just talked to HIM!!” I blurted out in a semi-whisper tone.

“Who him?” Seo Yeon asked as she drank the banana milk.

“That’s mine.” Nam said as she swiftly pulled that 2nd cracker from Shin. “Are we talking about Him Him or the other Him Him Him?”

“Him Him Him?” Shin repeated and with a swift move she took Nam’s cracker.

“Him Him Him Him..you Know Him!” I said as I tried to relay a message to Nam.

“Oh~ Him..” Nam said as a smile was evident on her face.

“Who Him?!” Seo Yeon repeatedly asked with frustration in her voice.

“I’ll spell his name to you and you decipher it.” Nam said with a grin on her face.

Seo Yeon then nodded and magically took out a pen and a paper. And almost on cue Shin started laughing her off as she just understood who we are currently talking about.

“Shobe..listen well..First letter is H…last letter is M..” Nam said as she looked at Seo Yeon who was still writing the letters down. “Middle letter is I”

Seo Yeon’s mouth gaped open the closed as she realized something, “Unnie!”

“What?” Nam laughed, “Come on I bet Jin’s going to show us who the Him is.”

 

The four of us slowly made way towards the vocalization room and saw Ai still crying and HIM comforting her, and with skillful hands Shin created a small gap on the door.

“Looks like our plan worked..” Seo Yeon whispered while looking at Ai.

“How did he end up here?” Nam whispered back.

“No idea, but at least he’s here” I answered in a whisper, and yes if everyone is wondering we are whispering at each other.

 

Meanwhile….

 

*sobs*”They’re mean..” Ai sobbed without even checking if who’s the person that she was currently talking to.

“Maybe they’re just you know, playing around.” He answered.

“Does playing around involves giving me a cold shoulder?” Ai asked.

“Well at least they’re still giving you their shoulders..” He chuckled, causing Ai to look up and glare at him.

Ai’s eyes suddenly shot wide open causing her tears to stop and look at the person squatting right in front of her.

“You-you’re…OMG” Ai stuttered then covered in disbelief.

“I have a proper name you know..and it’s not OMG.” He replied with a soft chuckle. “just give your friends time..it took some time for my friends to talk to me but at least now we’re like brothers..” he added as he ruffled Ai’s hair, causing us, the audience to smile.

Ai just stared at him for what it seemed like 5 minutes, “gotta go kitten..” he said as he stood up and walked towards the door, “see you around.”

 

 

And with some unknown force, Shin, Nam, Seo Yeon and I managed to get away from the door and hide ourselves.

 

Ai then went out of the room and walked towards her next schedule while we on the other hand are still trying to pull off our mean girls act. We all walked straight towards our assigned room while we made our way towards Ai who stopped in the middle of the hallway.

 

Vocalization, a word that best to be described as the most tiring thing to do, it really felt like our vocal chords are about to be ripped off from our voice box, we really thought that the vocalization will just start with singing do-re-mi but no, it started with all of us belting the highest notes that we can.

“You girls have potentials, but you all need to work on your voices.” The voice teacher said in an tone that we can’t really describe, we all kept on singing for like the rest of the time and as we got out our voices got raspier than ever.

 

“No ice cream.” Seo Yeon muttered.

“No cakes.” Shin added.

“No sodas and Candies” Nam this time looked at me.

“No Fudges..” I exhaled, “we can’t live without sweets”

“We or You?” Nam asked earning a glare from me. “Sorry”

“Up until when should we pull this mean girl act?” Seo Yeon whispered.

“Until she stops sneaking out late at night and eats whatever she finds in the fridge.” I answered.

 

Well, this is the kind of punishment that I came up with, you see, I have been keeping an eye on Ai, get it? Eye on Ai?..ok back to the explaining, from the very start that we stayed on the apartment, Ai have been sneaking out late at night and eats the sweets, it’s not like I forbid her or something, it’s just that, we have been warned about eating sweets and the four of us (Shin, Nam, Seo Yeon & I) have been really trying our best to control our urges to eat, and it really is disappointing to see her doing that behind our back.

 

“Unnie..” Ai’s voice suddenly startled us as we entered the Dance Room. “I-I’m sorry”

“Sorry for?” Shin spoke obviously giving off a BV [Bad Vibe]

“For..for sneaking out to eat..I –I was just hungry and..”

“we were just worried about your health Ai. If you’ll eat too much sweets you’ll end up having an upset stomach with an added extra flab right there.” Nam explained as she poked Ai’s stomach.

“So, all of you are just being mean to me because…”

“We care and you don’t seem to listen in every lecture that I give to you by cutting off the sweets.” I added as I pulled Ai in a tight hug.

“Group Hug!!” Seo Yeon chirped in as she extended her arms ad automatically hugged all of us.

 

 

“Ok, let’s start from the top.” Our Korean language teacher suddenly said as she smiled oh-so-sweetly to all of us, but seriously the way she smiles is weird as in weird with the capital W. The class went on and on from Korean to Chinese then Japanese.

“When will they start teaching us Spanish?” Nam whispered.

“How about German?” Seo Yeon asked.

“French?” Ai smiled as she joined in.

“Mexican?” Shin added while she muted her TV-abled cellphone.

“You’re still watching those?” Nam blurted out as she eyed Shin.

“at least this is not boring.”Shin retorted.

“Let’s see if they’ll teach us Tagalog..” I smirked knowing that the teacher is somewhat pissed.

 

The days passed by in a breeze, a month passed and we all got a hang of the schedules for our training. But then rumors started to fly inside the company, like, we got in because we slept with Mr.Jung, that we were delinquents, yeah…I guess you get it…those verbal bullying, insults whatever. I shrugged all of those. You see, we currently hold the top spot in the trainee lines, and hell we were listed at the so called ‘To Be Debuted’ list on the announcement wall. Well apparently the list changes every week like EVERY end of the week but since our names were like stuck on that wall for over a month already I guess you can all say that we have gained haters, and that part really pissed me off. Who in this whole wide universe won’t be pissed of when you haven’t done anything wrong but still you can hear your name being spoken by other people and then associating you with things like ‘crap’, ‘’, ‘dog poop’, wait those things are related to each other right?, well anyways it’s somehow pissing the hell off of me.

 

I also know that somehow those words and insults also affects the Nam, Shin, Ai, and Seo Yeon. Every time we see or hear those stuffs being said about us I can see the change in their faces, their teeth gritting, their hands clenching, but they still manage to keep their cool and smile. And I guess that is also what pissed the other trainees that ‘hates’ us. We consider their insults as a stone in which we can step on and continue to improve.

 

 

“Hey, You okay?” I whispered at Seo Yeon’s ear after we have just passed by a couple of girls giggling while insulting us.

“Unnie..” Seo Yeon, being the maknae and the most innocent one in the group stared at me with her eyes b with silent tears that she had been holding back.

“Shob..” my voice went hoarse, I seriously don’t know what to do on this situation, Shin and Nam were at the cafeteria together with Ai, while both me and Seo Yeon decided to go to the wash room but instead of going there we just stood in the corner after we have heard those insults being thrown at us.

“Unnie, why are they like that?” Seo Yeon started to sob. “We haven’t done anything bad to them, right?”

I stared at her, she’s vulnerable inside and out, she held a strong front for those insults yet this time it hit her like cold water.

“Shob, they’re just jealous..” I stated while taking a deep breath.

“If they’re jealous, why do they insult us? Why do they keep on calling us names and stuff..and..” She began to trail off. “telling us to just die…”

I at comforting a hurt soul, maybe just maybe if I can just punch off their faces right in front of Seo Yeon I would, but that would just put another stain in our reputation here. I hugged her, not knowing what I should do and as of that moment I wished that the other three was there beside me. Nam was good at comforting other people, Shin and Ai have those crazy stunts that can make anyone laugh. while I just have this flow thingy going on inside my brain where I can just feel what the other one feels and I would just ride with Nam’s comforting words, Ai and Shin’s blabbering.

“You Okay now?..” I asked again as I retracted upon seeing  my shirt wet from Seo Yeon’s tears.

She nodded.

“So should we get a double sponge fudge cake or a blueberry fudge cake..or….wait..mixed berry fudge cake?” I asked, with those sparkles in my eyes.

“Unnie..” Seo Yeon instantly slapped my arm and dragged me towards the cafeteria.

I let out a groan and just let Seo Yeon drag me.

 

 

“Well hello to you too..” Nam giggled as she saw me slumping at the corner of our table while Seo Yeon sat beside her.

“Hi.” Seo Yeon answered meekly with her puffed eyes.

“What happened?” Nam looked at both if us, “You..” she said as she pointed at Seo Yeon, “you look like a pufferfish with no fins and gills, while this one..” She added as she looked at me, “Looked like she just hand a swim and dipped her head along with her shoulders..”

“Or must we say…”Ai suddenly bursted out giggling.

Almost in an instant all of them laughed.

“I feel so much better..” Seo Yeon laughed along side of them.

“Hey!” Nam suddenly slapped my shoulders, “What’s wrong with you?”

Shin eyed me once again, and seriously it’s really uncomfortable, especially when Ai adds to that staring thingy.

I pointed at the menu board in the cafeteria and slumped right back at my chair.

“No FUDGECAKES!”

 

“Are you cursing again?” Nam asked while she looked at me in a judgemental way.

“Does fudgecakes sound like an insult?” I answered with another groan.

Ai stood up and went near the board adding insult to my newly found fudgecake injury. “Fudge cakes will no longer be available, it will be replaced with a much more healthier desert.”

Shin quirked her eyebrow and went out on a fit of laughter together with Ai, it’s as if both of them have this telepathic thingy going on between them.

“you-you-you’re sulking because of that?!” Shin managed to say in between her laughter.

Nam also broke a giggle but silenced after I stared at her, while Seo Yeon just gave out a smile and stared at Ai who was still laughing with Shin.

“Yeah, laugh at my misery.” I sternly said, “Let’s see if you can both eat anything at home.” I added as I showed them a key.

“Wha-what’s that?” Ai stifled her laugh and looked at the dangling steel.

“The key to our fridge..I mean new fridge..I asked Mr. Jung to change it to one with a lock..” I smiled triumphantly as I heard Shin groan and saw Ai’s eyes grow twice its size. “Ha.Ha.Ha.” See I always get the last laugh.