Chapter 7: Hi..It’s TOM

♦♦PRISM

Chapter 7: Hi..It’s TOM

 

 

 

 

“WEAREGOINGTODEBUTWEAREGOINGTODEBUTWEAREGOINGTODEBUTWEAREGOINGTODEBUT” Ai kept on repeating all throughout the day, screw vocalization, she just kept on chanting those words like a mantra or like some sort of a prayer. And we really can’t get a straight answer from her. We all tried to contact Mr. Jung but our calls were instantly sent to voice mail and we can’t get a hold of him.

 

Dragging our feet inside the apartment which served as our temporary dorm room we all let out a sigh, well except Ai who was still muttering those words. We are shocked; I mean who wouldn’t be shocked if you’re going to debut?! I was also mind blown when I saw that trailer thingy, but then again why didn’t I know about this?! If this is like a prank sent by the company to raise the curiosity of the audience then it really got us good, see Ai’s reaction, but then again if that was just a mock trailer then why did they put our photos?! Our freaking bare-faced photos?! Well I have to admit I look good without makeup (coughs* I’m Vain) but still let’s go back to the fact that they exposed our bare faced pictures, yeah I know that it was only for a split second but why o why should it be that?!

 

We just slowly made our way towards the living room and slumped our bodies down at the sofa, well who wouldn’t slump their body after those endless training sessions that seemed to be killing us.

“WEAREGOINGTODEBUTWEAREGOINGTODEBUTWEAREGOINGTODEBUTWEAREGOINGTODEBUTWEAREGOINGTODEBUTWEAREGOINGTODEBUTWEAREGOINGTODEBUTWEAREGOINGTODEBUT” Ai still kept on chanting breaking this thought bubble inside my head, I shot a glance at Shin who was now biting her fingernails and seeing slits forming in her eyes I know that she’s irritated.

 

“No Sherlock.” Shin hissed as she threw a pillow at Ai. “Even the dumbest person would get what you are muttering.”

“Ow!” Ai winced but still answered Shin with “WEAREGOINGTODEBUTWEAREGOINGTODEBUTWEAREGOINGTODEBUTWEAREGOINGTODEBUT”

“Shut the hell up Ai or else I-bwjdgwjbdhavcekaiwamhdkw!” Shin shouted but was immediately covered by Nam. “What was that for?!” Shin once again snapped.

“Minors.” Nam simply answered as she cocked her head towards Seo Yeon then at Ai.

“Whatever!” Shin slumped back and glare at Ai. “You better stop chanting or I’ll seriously stuff your face with-msdbnjegtkcuwcsvajsgjkvdwbkwdlscjh”

 

“What the hell was that?!” Shin then shot daggers at me after I pulled back the pillow that I used to muffle down her shouts of profanity.

“No..Shelock.” I repeated her words, “I am also irritated with the fact that Ai keeps on blabbing about the debut but I can hold back but hearing you shout makes my head spin in wreckless pain. Now.” I stopped midway and look at Ai and Shin, “If both of you plans to still bicker or even repeat those words again, go to the room and lock yourselves, I don’t want to hear even a slightest bit of sound from ALL of you.”

 

Nam smiled, well should I say that she gave me this amused look then Seo Yeon suddenly stood up ever so slowly not even making a sound, and God! How can she do that?!

 

“Where are you going?” I asked her while she slowly made her way towards the door.

 

Without any word she just pointed at the door.

 

“I know that you’re going to the door but after that where?” I asked while Nam also looked at Seo Yeon, “Talk”

 

“The doorbell rang…someone is at the door.” Seo Yeon replied.

“Then why the hell did you not tell me?” I asked.

 

“You told us to shut up right?” Seo Yeon answered making her way back to opening the door.

 

“Did she just talk back at me?” I asked Nam who was smiling,again and not answering me. “Talk”

 

“She’s right, you told us to shut up and not make any sound. And yes she just did.” Nam explained and the pulled Shin’s hair.

 Shin just shot Nam a glare and was about to do something but then—

 

“Hollu my precious angels!” Mr. Jung greeted as soon as he came inside the room.

 

 

 

Flying. Yes. You read it right, every pillow found inside the room started to fly towards Mr. Jung’s direction.

“What was that about?” He huffed after he dodged the last pillow.

“That is for not telling us that we are going to debut!” I shouted and poutingly glared at him.

“Debut?” Mr. Jung asked quirking his eyebrow. “I haven’t released anything regarding your—oh..” he stopped and turned his phone on. “Sorry..” he added as he showed a message from the head Hancho himself, Lee Soo Man.

 

“So just because you did not send any report regarding our backgrounds, that hobo released a footage of us?” Shin blurted our crossing her arms across her chest, “Unbelievable!” she exclaimed raising her hands up in the air and walked back and forth.

“What’s up with her?” Mr. Jung answered as he noticed Shin’s change of attitude.

“TOM happened.” Nam giggled.

“Tom?!” Mr. Jung repeated.

“Yes, Tom..spelled as T-O-M” Seo Yeon singsonged.

“I already warned you girls..no boyfriends!” Mr. Jung exclaimed earning a laugh from all of us. “What’s so funny?”

“You are.” Ai managed to say between her laughs.

Mr. Jung once again quirked his eyebrow and looked strangely at us.

“Tom is not a human being.” Shin answered recovering from her fit of laughter.

“and LOL does not mean lots of love..” Nam sniggered, “Geez, Mr.Jung where were you these past few years?” she added making us laugh again.

“If Tom is not a boy or a human being as you implied..” Mr. Jung cleared his throat. “And LOL does not mean lots of love..kindly enlighten me please.”

 

“Look..” I laughed, “LOL means laugh out loud” then laughed again turning my phone on and showing him his last text.

 

‘Girls I’m going to Japan to fix some papers and give our Japanese investors LOL..see ya next week.., By the way LOL means Lots of Love right?’

 

“Then why didn’t you reply?!” Mr. Jung asked while he looked at me then read his message again.

“Who in their right freaking state of mind can actually reply while doing ROFL?!” Ai chuckled.

“ROFL?” Mr. Jung asked again earning another set of laugh.

“seriously dude, where were you these past few years?” Shin asked, another change in her attitude, yippee yi yo.

“Approximately how long are you asking?” Mr. Jung asked back.

“Long? The?” Seo Yeon looked at him.

“The years.” Mr. Jung answered.

“that was just an expression Mr. Jung..” I laughed again.

“Hey! You all changed the topic!” He suddenly said realizing that our discussion went from the debut to Tom to LOL to ROFL. “Shin, tell me honestly who’s Tom?”

“I really don’t know him but if I see him I’ll tell you..” Shin sniggered.

“What?! You just told me that Tom is not a boy or a human being!” Mr. Jung huffed again this time he plopped himself down the extra sofa.

“It’s the Time of the Month..you know a girl thing..” Shin explained glaring at us making us all stop from laughing and took her sweet time in explaining.

“Girl thin—ing—owww..” Mr. Jung smiled, “wait you name your period? You named it in a boys name?” he reacted late again.

“It’s an acronym for Time of the Month..” Seo Yeon shrugged.

“then should it be TOTM?” Mr. Jung asked.

“TOM sounds cooler than that.” I answered him this time, as I inhaled deeply, “now back to the subject..was the hobo really serious in debuting us SOON?”

 

 

|Mr.Jung’s P.O.V|

 

“Do you girls really think that I’ll do that? I really don’t know where they got those video clips..” I asked them again while they just sighed at me. “Did you post anything on your YT account, I mean past videos?”

 

“Uh..yeah..I think..it was Nam’s Idea-aa-ah?” I heard Jin answered as she recalled the video that played over and over again in the internet and gave Nam a glare.

“Come on Jin..that aegyo death glare again?” Nam laughed.

“You want me to pull SuMin out on you again?” Jin replied back.

 

I wanted to ask who SuMin was but after seeing Shin’s eye widen, Ai and Seo Yeon nervously fidgeted and Nam stuttered a no. I changed my mind, whoever that SuMin is she is doing a great job making this girls fear her, but then by looking at Jin who’s face suddenly change well I mean the aura coming from her changed drastically.

 

“No…” Nam breathed again as hung open.

“You called?” I heard Jin giggle which was really rare.

“Uh….Su—Jin..I bought a new DSLR..” Shin stated as she stood up and walked towards Jin in a nervous manner.

“Really?” Jin chirped, she’s not always this hyper.

Shin just nodded and walked towards her room followed by Jin who was skipping..seriously Skipping?!

 

‘Click’ a lock then sounded as I looked up I saw Shin walking back and Nam together with the maknae’s sighed in relief.

 

“I think I should buy another 32gb memory card.” Shin pinched the bridge of her nose.

Breaking my silence I spoke again, “Would you girl explain why you locked Jin up?”

“Correction..we locked SuMin..not Jin..” Ai wagged her finger.

“Hell really opened for a couple of seconds..” Seo Yeon added. “I just hope she turns back to her normal self..”

“She will..right after my 16gb memory will be full of her selcas..” Shin sighed.

“I-I’ll refund your memory card Shin.” Nam said, “It was my fault why SuMin got out in the first place..”

“Girls..” I choked,they were really giving me a crazy skit but seeing how they react it clearly means its all true.

“You’ll understand when you spend every freaking day with us..” Nam answered, well what can I do but nod, I have too much things to think of like, what does ROFL mean.

 

 

2 hours passed by and we all just sat there in the living room waiting for Jin to come out and speak of the devil herself as she got out of the room looking prepped up. But her expression or aura once again reverted back.

“What?” Jin nervously asked and sat beside Nam. “It’s me, silly.” She chuckled.

 

“Girls..listen..I just thought of this.” I smiled, “this is to help you guys in your debut..so..we really need to settle that you all have a clean slate..”

“Clean Skate?” Seo Yeon innocently asked, “I don’t own any skate..”

“Ske-skate?” Ai giggled, “It’s slate Shob..S-L-A-T-E..”

“Oh..” Seo Yeon then turned back at me and flashed me another innocent smile.

“We need to give your informations, I mean facts about you from the day you were born up until now..” I explained. “You all have until tomorrow ok?” I added and stood up. I bade them goodbye after I saw them look at each other and take out some papers and started to jot down the things that they would need.

 

 

|Jin’s P.O.V|

 

Rubbing my eyes and silently cursed the fluorescent bulb for that freaking light I sighed and looked at the other girls sleeping on the table. I really hope that we can further prove that those stupid comments about us were not true..well some of it but..yeah.. you get my point.

 

 

7:00 am

My phone beeped once again, groaning and slightly nudging Nam awake I rushed to the bathroom and washed up. Well Nam is going to co-o..oh hell I just did not make her cook…