Chapter 1: A fudge type of beginning

♦♦PRISM

Chapter 1: A fudge type of beginning

 

 

 

[Choi SeoJin]

 

Crawling up to my sheets I pulled my laptop close to me while trying to think of various things that should be done with my life. But NADA, nothing came to my mind except little ol’ me with the group that I am in standing in front of the crowd of people while they shout our names. With zombie like movements I started to browse Facebook and once again entered the EXO PLANET page as one of its admins, “Jin”,my other side that is much vainer and much livelier than the real me. Posting here and there while I continuously browse tumblr, twitter, and weibo all in one go.

 

 

 

 

 

*Ping!*, darn that stupid facebook notification sound, It usually gets into my nerves. But this time it’s different.

 

 

 

 

 

Admin xxxxx : ~Ji~

 

Me: Whut?

 

Admin xxxxx: ~Do you want to be an admin at xxxxxxxx, please say yes..T___T

 

Me: Huh..eh…why me?

 

Admin xxxxx: I want you to be there together with Louise.

 

Me: Ok..I guess..but I can’t do multitasking.. A

 

dmin xxxxx: It’s ok..^^

 

=You have been added to ********** as a content creator=

 

=*****, Added you to the conversation=

 

 

 

 Ok..I seriously don’t know what to do right now..I just starred at the Chat box for like 30 minutes while reading all the messages. Until a sudden urge of highflying kicktastick nerve wrecking courage to speak hit me. All of it, I mean everything started with a “Hi” and in a blink of an eye I found myself chatting with 3 girls, 2 of them with the somewhat the same mindset as me (blame it on Luhan), while the other one is deeply in love with a flying,ABstyle Romantic Kungfu Panda. Our talks led to all of us deciding to create a so called group with the name “PRISM”, we all talked about the future us, I mean the plans that we want to fulfill when we grow up and as the conversation flowed from kidnapping our bias until we all decided to pursue one goal, and it is to audition, train and debut in SMent as one group. Two days quietly passed by and another member was added to our family.

 

Our random conversations and eager responses made us understand each other in a way or two, planning in different sides of the country was just a simple step for all of us, together with doing various EXO covers online whether it may be a dance or a song cover.

 

*Ping!* Like seriously I need to put the notification sound off..(T_T)

 

Shin: yah! anyone here?

 

Nam: I’m here ^^

 

Me: Present.

 

Shin: Where’s Panda and Shobe?

 

Panda: Here!..^^ Hi Unnies.

 

Me: so…what are we going to talk about?

 

Nam: another exo cover?

 

Panda: we’ve already covered all of their songs.

 

Shin: Why don’t we all meet up?^^

 

Shobe: *pops out of nowhere* Hi Unnies^^

 

Me: like seriously Shob, why are you always popping out like that?

 

Shobe: hehe..so what are you guys talking about?

 

Shin: about us..meeting up..

 

Me: I like Shin’s idea..we’ve been like talking to each other through this chat for over a year now. And we haven’t met personally but did covers as one..

 

Nam: Let’s just check on our schedule if we can all meet up..

 

Me: My schedule is always open^^

 

Shin: Mine too^^

 

Nam: I guess mine is also open..

 

Ai: it’s our summer vacation so Shobe and I are free..^^

 

Shobe: Yup..we are as free as a bird..for this summer..

 

Me: So Shin..where will we meet?..

 

Shin: uhmm..how about in MOA?

 

Me: MOA?

 

Nam: MOA.

 

Ai: MOA!

 

Shobe:----Mall of Asia \o/

 

Shin: or..we can just meet up in the airport..^^

 

Me: the airport is much more convenient, MOA is big as so we speak.

 

Nam: so…airport it is..

 

Me: uh..guys…

 

Nam: What is it?..

 

Me: I just received a message via weibo…

 

Shin: have you been posting our covers in weibo too?

 

Me: I plead guilty as charged.

 

Shobe: Unnie..I understand if you uploaded our covers in YT..but in weibo..

 

Ai: our covers have a lot of holes..T___T..and weibo..is…

 

Me:I just received a message that I have typed the wrong password. Thank you ^^

 

Shin: Jinnie!

 

Nam: don’t you ever do that again.

 

Shobe:

 

Ai: Unnie!

 

Me: LOL. But seriously speaking…

 

Nam: Guys..look at our YT account..

 

Ai: Nam Unnie, not you too..T___T

 

Nam: I am not trolling. LIKE SERIOUSLY LOOK AT OUR YT ACCOUNT *all caps to emphasize the rush and the importance*

 

Shin: Our videos reached over a million views?

 

Nam: not that! The post!! The Inbox! Where’s Jinnie?

 

Me: here.

 

Shobe: Have you checked the inbox Unnie?.

 

Me: no.can someone give me the password for our YT account?..I forgot.

 

Shin: You keep on forgetting things…

 

Me: I know.. now Shin, would you be a DEER and give me the password?

 

Ai: \o/ and I am alive again! Wait..here’s the password : *****05

 

Me: Thanks Pands..^^

 

--PAUSE in the CHAT BOX—

 

Me: *pops out* Fudgecakes and Melted cheesefries! is the letter legit?!

 

Shin: Lidah!! Are you hungry or sumthin?

 

Nam: uh…Shin..what’s with the Niga talk?

 

Ai: *lost in the conversation*

 

Shobe: wait..I thought we are talking about the letter? How did the Niga come into the conversation?

 

Shin: Because the Niga just walked into the conversation..

 

Nam: Niga…

 

Ai: *facepalm* This is an almighty Niga Invasion!! Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga

 

Me: -_- @Shin: Please stop the Niga talk..It’s driving me nuts
            @Ai: Please don’t do the Niga Invasion here..I beg of you..

 

Shobe: There’s a Niga Invasion? Where?!

 

Nam: In your room Shobe, in your room..

 

Shobe: I can’t see any Niga here..T____T

 

Shin: the Niga is hiding behind your closet…

 

Ai: Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga *continues typing Niga*

 

Me: as I was saying..Holly mother of all fudgecakes in fudgeland..the letter IS LEGIT!

 

Ai: Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga Niga

 

Me: @Ai: -_-  -_-  -_-  -_-  -_-  -_-  -_-  -_-  -_- You are seriously going to be Niga-outta here if you’ll continue doing that

 

Shin: Niga-Out..Shin-In! yesh! \o/

 

Nam: where’s shobe?

 

Shobe: I checked in my closet..there’s no Niga hiding there..^^

 

Me: are we seriously going to talk about Niga’s right now? Or are we going to talk about the letter?

 

Ai: Niga--------Out..Ai is once again alive!!

 

Shobe: so Niga’s don’t exist..

 

Ai: they do..they live in..

 

Shin: NigaLand where all the

 

Nam: Fudgecakes and Munchkin man lives

 

Me: with a fairy freaking melted cheesefries that is waiting for the four persons she’s currently chatting with to stop with the Niga and food related expressions to stop. -_- LIKE.SERIOUSLY.THE.LETTER.

 

Nam: so what’s the letter say?..

 

Shin: You did not read the message Nam?

 

Nam: busy thinking about Niga words..hahaha

 

Ai: I just looked at the seal on the letter and did not fully read it..

 

Shobe: all the ching chong lang Korean –chinese language made my head spin..

 

Shin: there’s an English translation at the bottom..^^

 

Shobe: really?..well..Jin Unnie is about to tell us about the letter so…

 

Me: *facepalms*

 

Ai: *double facepalms*

 

Shin: Ai..you have two faces?! Woah cool!! *triple facepalm*

 

Nam: I won’t do the facepalm thingy..

 

Shobe: what’s with the facepalm?

 

Me: The letter..just read it will ya?

 

Every conversation that the five of us do will always somehow end like this, all those random things really made us realize that we have become a big part in each of our daily lives.

 

 

 

*Ping!* There goes my notification box again.

 

Nam: So are we going or not?

 

Shobe: the invitation date this summer..and it’s just a month away

 

Ai: We can probably try out right?

 

Shin: probably…wait..Lidah…you’re here..I know..there’s this “seen” thingy.

 

Me: \o\ /o/ \0/ so…I’ll be at NAIA terminal 3 at 9am..DO.NOT.BE.LATE.LIKE.SERIOUSLY.DO.NOT.BE.LATE

 

Shin: what about the tickets?

 

Me: fixed.

 

Nam: tickets for Manila..

 

Me: your flight departure will be at exactly 8am all at Cebu Pacific, I’ll send your tickets laturrr…buhbye..

 

Ai: so WE ARE GOING RIGHT?

 

Shobe: LEFT!!

 

Nam: Up ^^

 

Shin: Way way Up..

 

Me: @Shobe & @Ai: You have school right? Fix your stuffs and go.
      @Shin & @Nam: have you forgotten your work schedules?, I thought I was the only one with the Lay syndrome here?

 

Nam: uh..right..Bye..^^

 

Shin: Bye^^

 

Shobe: Bye

 

Ai: Panda Out..^^

 

------

 

Date: April 10, 2015

 

Time: 09:30 am

 

Location: NAIA terminal 3

 

Emotion: Seriously pissed.. -_-

 

A month has obviously passed and everyday, when I say everyday, I really mean EVERY SINGLE DAY, we chat with each other with me reminding them about their flight schedules, even if I am the one with a serious case of ZYX Syndrome.

 

[fyi: ZYX is Zhang YiXing, / Lay Syndrome; better known as forgetfulness syndrome]

 

Tapping my fingers on my phone’s screen waiting for them to text me where they are, I stood there in the side with my Navy Blue luggage. I really don’t know why I am wearing a loose white ¾ cotton blouse which I paired with a Peach or nearly orange toned skin tight jeans with black pumps. And the hell why did I choose to wear pumps?! And to top it all off I really wore my dad’s Marco Polo shades.

 

Looking from the left wing to the right wing of the terminal I really can’t help but sigh and shout in my mind, “where the hell are those four?!”

 

Before another sigh left my mouth, I lowered my shades to see if I am indeed seeing it clearly, and there she is with her shoulder length windblown hair walking towards me wearing a White and black ensemble blouse paired with nearly rugged shorts and ankle length boots with a huge smile on her face.

 

“Yow! Lidah!! Model?” She said while she stopped in front of me.

 

“Shin..you better stop saying that..” I answered as I smiled at her.

 

“Why, you really look like one..with that heels….and Baek Su Min..” Shin singsonged as she showed me another grin.

 

“Wipe that grin off of your face, we will be late if the three won’t show up after 10 minutes..” I answered while I showed her the schedule that we currently have for the day.

 

“Meeting?..what meeting?” Shin asked. “Oh..that meeting…” She added completely understanding the mood I am currently in.

 

 

 

“So..after the meeting we are going shopping?!” A nearly shrill but sweet voice startled both me and Shin. With our head turning automatically in a slow motion sequence at the source of the voice, there she stood while giving off her sweet smile and angelic aura, along with her above the knee Blue pastel colored sun dress paired with a ribbon tied wedge.

 

“Mushroom?!” Me and Shin asked as we looked at her.

 

“Ze mushroom attacks again!”  She said while she swayed her arms back and forth. “and oh..Ai..is kinda…terminal lost..”

 

“Terminal what?” Shin double checked if she also heard it right.

 

“We got separated on the way out of the plane..plus her phone is dead so..” Shobe or otherwise known as Seo Yeon Young explained.

 

“I’m here!!!” an overly excited voice suddenly broke the explanation as a girl that is vigorously waving her hands came running towards us along with her luggage that is mercilessly pulled on the floor.

 

“Panda is once again present!!” She chirped as she stopped, and with the unknown power of the flipsided universe that we are currently in, how can she run like that while wearing a mint green coloured blouse paired with an above the knee length floral skirt and pastel green wedge.

 

“Panda, Mushroom..” I said as I looked at them one by one, “Hyper active Shin….”

 

“You left me out of the roll call..” and lo’ she appeared, Nam wearing her specs along with her ombre’ toned maxi dress and clad in a heel type wedge.

 

“Now you call me a model..” I said as I elbowed Shin.

 

“Ow! That hurts!” Shin shrieked.

 

 

 

“So we’ll be going to a meeting right this instant?” Nam asked as she entered the car that was arranged to fetch us.

 

“apparently yes, and if the four of you arrived earlier or even on time I might have had the time to eat.” I said while I closed the door.

 

“after this we are going shopping right?” Seo Yeon said while she looked at us with hopeful eyes.

 

“Why are you so hyped with shopping?” Shin asked looking at Seo Yeon.

 

“Where’s your luggage?” Nam asked which indeed caught our attention, all of us, I mean, me,Shin, Nam, and Ai have luggages while..

 

“Hehehe..I did not pack my stuff..well..I only brought a small amount of clothes..” Seo Yeon said as she pointed at the overly sized tote bag.

 

“And Lidah..why are you wearing pumps?” Ai asked out of the blue.

 

“Don’t ask. Anyway..here’s the letter and may I remind you it needs your signatures.” I said as I handed them each a copy of the letter sent to us.

 

“Can I read it out loud? Can I? Can I?” Nam said as she held the letter close to her.

 

“Yes” we all said in unison.

 

 

 

Dear PRISM,

 

 

 

I, Mr. Jung Reo Hu, SMent’s 2nd Head and Mr. Lee Soo Man’s right hand, am pleased to inform you that we are interested to train you as a group and debut you in our company, we have seen and heard all of your covers and it impressed us, with the thought of hearing all five of you sing a song that is not in your native language, honestly speaking all of you have captured our attention and with further deliberation with the board of trustee’s in the company, we all made a single choice to scout all five of you as a team.

 

 

 

If you are interested in our once in a lifetime offer, please do reply to us via e-mail. Other expenses such as plane tickets and other accommodations will be funded by our company.

 

Attached with this letter is my company ID and legal documents that would prove to all of you that what I am saying is true. I really do hope that you’ll consider my offer. Hoping to see you soon as a part of SMent.

 

 

 

 

 

“He really stressed out the Once in a lifetime quote” Shin laughed as she closed the letter.

 

“We’re going to sign the other paper attached, it’s just about us accepting their offer.” I shrugged.

 

“Then we’ll be in a meeting with them? For what?” Nam asked.

 

“For further briefing about our supposedly trainee contract and period of training plus other complicated things that they should just explain.” I answered once again.

 

“Then we’ll go shopping..^^” Seo Yeon added with an excited tone.

 

“Yes Shob, we’ll be shopping” Ai answered for me this time.

 

 

 

 

 

Looking at them then outside of the car’s window, my thoughts began to trail off to When can I freaking eat my breakfast?! Fudgecakes of all fudgecakes I am hungry!