№ 8 ∞ Confession

Aeternus ∞ Eternus
//Gikwang's POV//
 
I always love to spend time together with Haemi because she can make me feel really comfortable whenever she's with me.
 
But this is the first time I ever watch fireworks with her.
 
Having a beautiful girl next to you, watching beautiful fireworks, standing at a beautiful beach. This is a really romantic scene.
 
But I never thought a question like this would come from a girl. At least not from Haemi.
 
"Then, what if I become your real girlfriend?" Haemi's question keeps repeating in my mind.
 
There are seconds of silence after she said it. My mind is freezing since I don't know what I should say.
 
"Yah, I'm kidding!" she hits my shoulder lightly and laughs. "What's with that face?!"
 
I sigh in relief. So, she was kidding, right?
 
"Yah, you said it with serious expression," I pinch her cheeks. "Did you want to give me heart attack?"
 
She laughs and tries to escape from my pinch, "Your fans will kill me if I become your girlfriend!"
 
"I think they will be alright if it is you," I , ruffling her hair. "Because you are the best friend I ever had."
 
I hold her hand and look at the fireworks again, "Ah, the night sky is so beautiful. Let's go here again someday!"
 
"Ah," she murmurs. "Of course..."
 
Even though I'm not sure, but I feel Haemi embraces my hand tighter.
 
I wonder what I will do when she already has a boyfriend.
 
 
//Haemi's POV//
 
Gikwang really doesn't know how much he makes my heart beats uncontrollably.
 
His smile. His jokes. His hold.
 
I never thought that I would blush like this because of a man, especially Gikwang.
 
I know he is charming, sweet, and everything, but I always looked at him as my best friend. It's been two years since I met him and he knows my story, I know his story; we're best friends.
 
Even out of all members, I dare to say that Gikwang is the only one who knows me really well.
 
Then why is my heart beating like this? Why am I blushing like this?
 
Thankfully the bright fireworks hide my flushed pink cheeks so Gikwang doesn't notice that I'm blushing.
 
He only thinks of me as his best friend. That's all.
 
"I think we need to go back now," he says suddenly. "Yoseob and Dongwon must be waiting for us now."
 
I manage to smile and nod, "Let's go back. I will cook dinner for you."
 
"Yes! Dinner!" Gikwang wraps him arms around my shoulder once again, making my heart beats even faster now. "I want to eat dinner!"
 
This is so not good for my heart if he keeps doing this kind of affection to me; I know he doesn't do anything unusual.
 
But my heart is not the same anymore.
 
I think I'm falling for Gikwang. Little by little.
 
Can I fall for him?
 
 
//Yoseob's POV//
 
We take a train to return to our apartment. It's been a while since the last time we took a train. Fortunately, there aren't many passengers tonight.
 
Dongwoon sits across from me while Haemi sits between me and Gikwang. We talk about our schedule tomorrow as the train goes on.
 
After around fifteen minutes, I turn and see Haemi has fallen asleep. Looks like she is really tired; she did enjoy her moments back then.
 
I can't help myself to smile when I see her angelic face, realizing that she is still wearing my T-shirt. She looks really cute and beautiful in the same time.
 
Her head falls to the other side of me. Gikwang puts his arm on her shoulder quickly, letting her to rest on his shoulder.
 
I quickly look away. I don't want to see this scene. Everyone else will do the same if Haemi falls asleep but I can't bear to look Haemi with another guy now, not even if it's Gikwang, her best friend.
 
Yes, I'm jealous.
 
"Yoseob," Gikwang mutters slowly so he doesn't wake Haemi. "Did something happen between you and Haemi?"
 
I take a glance at Dongwoon; he is sleeping, resting his head on his arm, drifting away. He must be really tired too.
 
"N-nothing," I answer nervously. "It's nothing."
 
He looked at me in silence for seconds before he suddenly asks me a surprising question, "Do you like Haemi?"
 
My eyes widen as I turn to look at him with shock.
 
How? How can he know about it? Is it that obvious?
 
"Your reaction whenever she's around told me that even if you didn't say anything," he chuckles. "You looked extremely happy yet nervous when you're with her. Do you like her that much?"
 
I look at Haemi, trying to find an answer for Gikwang's question.
 
Do I like her? Do I love her?
 
"Take your time," Gikwang tells me with a smile. "She is still recovering because of Hyoseun. Give her some times."
 
"I know," I nod, still looking at Haemi. "I need to adjust myself too."
 
"Then, are you jealous with me now?" Gikwang grins, teasing me by pulling Haemi closer to him.
 
"Yah!" I react. "Don't do that on purpose!"
 
Because of my loud voice, Haemi stirs in her sleep, but lucky us, she doesn't wake up. She continues her sleep in peace.
 
"I'm kidding," Gikwang whispers, winking at me.
 
So now a member already found out my secret. This is a secret I don't want to share with other members. Not yet.
 
 
//Doojoon's POV//
 
We finally done with the dinner. Haemi is cleaning the table with Hyunseung while we sit in the main room, watching random channel in the television.
 
I take a glance at Haemi. She looks really happy after the short trip to Jeju Island with the others. I really wish I could go with her.
 
Based on my intuition, I know something happened there between Yoseob and Haemi. When we're having dinner, Yoseob kept glancing at Haemi but quickly turned away when Haemi looked at him.
 
Don't tell me that Yoseob has a crush on Haemi.
 
But what if it is true? What can I do?
 
"Yah," Gikwang snaps me back to reality. "You keep changing the channel. Can you just let we watch something without changing the channel every minute?"
 
"Ah, sorry," I put down the remote control and rub my head; I was doing it unconsciously.
 
I sit up and look at Haemi. She just joined us in the main room with Hyunseung. She takes a seat next to Dongwoon and they start talking about having another trip.
 
"Ah, I think I must go back to my room now," Haemi stands up. "I must recheck the new song. It's almost the deadline."
 
We bid her good night, knowing that she still has works to do. But suddenly an idea crosses my mind; I quickly stand up and storm out from our room.
 
"What is it, Oppa?" Haemi tilts her head, surprised because she was going to enter her room. "Do you need something?"
 
"No," I take a deep breath. "I just think that maybe we can talk."
 
"Sure," she opens the door wider so I can step in. "I will take my music sheet to the main room so we can talk comfortably then."
 
After she locked the door, Haemi takes her music sheet from her bedroom and sits next to me in the main room.
 
"It's really fun there," she chuckles. "It's such a pity you didn't come with us, Oppa."
 
"Did you wish for me to come?" I ask with serious tone. I don't know why but I want to know her feeling for me, even just for the slightest possibility.
 
"Of course! I want all members to come!" she smiles brightly.
 
I reach out my hand and touch her cheek with my fingers, "You don't get my question. I asked, did you wish for me to come? Not BEAST."
 
 
//Haemi's POV//
 
My heart skips a beat when Doojoon suddenly touches my cheek. He cups it with his warm hand, giving me a really comfortable touch.
 
"What is it?" I try to stay calm, hoping that he is just teasing me like usual. "It's not like you to protest when I choose all of the members instead of you."
 
I try to pull away from him but all of a sudden, he hugs me from behind, circling his arms around my waist.
 
"Is your heart beating faster because of me?" he whispers next to my ear. I can feel his breathe, knowing that his face is really close to mine.
 
"O-Oppa," I try to move away but he hugs me tighter, not letting go of me.
 
"Are you still thinking of Hyoseun?" he asks, burying his face in my hair. "Do you still love him?"
 
"Eh?" I can't even think of anything now. How can I answer his question?
 
It supposed to be something usual, letting them hug me all the way because we're really close like a family.
 
But this is different.
 
I know Doojoon doesn't hug me as a brother now.
 
"Let me make you forget about him, Haemi ah," he loosens his hug as he intertwines his fingers with mine. "I'm not going to hurt you like what he did."
 
Wait, what does he mean?
 
No. It can't be. It's not a confession.
 
Doojoon takes my hand and kisses it gently.
 
"Please let me love you."