№ 12 ∞ Revealing

Aeternus ∞ Eternus
//Gikwang's POV//
 
"Gikwang, Gikwang," I can feel someone is calling my name softly. "Wake up. It's morning already."
 
I know this voice. I know this touch.
 
"Haemi?" I murmur, rubbing my eyes slowly as I try to gain my focus. I notice that I'm still in Haemi's room; I must have fallen asleep here when I accompanied her.
 
"Morning," I see her bright smile. "You have a recording for today, right?"
 
"Hmm," I rub my head lazily. "How's your bruise?"
 
"Better, I think," she chuckles and stands up. "Do you want a sandwich?"
 
"I will be happy to," I grin widely. I stand up and look around; yes, I am still in her room.
 
She walks to the kitchen and prepares the sandwich for me. She has the shy smile on her face, her usual smile I always see everyday, the smile that makes me feel better every morning.
 
Ah, I kissed her yesterday. I'm feeling guilty now. Really guilty.
 
For kissing her without a reason. For Doojoon. For Yoseob.
 
I just didn't want to see her sad. I didn't want to see her tears. I mean she is my best friend. She will always be my best friend.
 
But when she asked me to stay with her, when she cried in my hug, I knew I couldn't let her be alone. She needed me.
 
"Haemi," I approach her while she is cutting the sandwich with the knife, "about last night..."
 
She suddenly drops the knife, covering with her hand in disbelief. It's really obvious that she is blushing.
 
Aish, I've made a really big mistake by kissing her, haven't I?
 
"I'm sorry for kissing you yesterday. I know I shouldn't do that," I bow, apologizing for my sassy action.
 
"Tell me," she says softly. "The question I asked when we wacthed the fireworks together. What if it's true?"
 
 
//Haemi's POV//
 
I start blushing the moment Gikwang mentions about last night. I remember the kiss really clear. I remember his warm hug. I remember everything.
 
When he apologizes to me, somehow my heart aches, knowing that he apologizes for the kiss means he didn't mean to kiss me, right?
 
"Tell me," I dare myself to speak. "The question I asked when we watched the fireworks together. What if it's true?"
 
That day I asked him about what if I become his real girlfriend.
 
It's a silly question. I know that. But I want to know his answer now. I know I'm selfish for asking thing like that when I haven't worked on my problem with Doojoon and Yoseob.
 
Gikwang looks at me with blushing cheeks; he looks really surprised with my question.
 
"Haemi ah," he looks at me directly. "Are you serious?"
 
I take a deep breath, trying to control my rapid heartbeat, "I thought that we would always be best friends. I thought nothing would change between us. I thought that you would always be a best friend for me."
 
"But," I gather my courage to look at his eyes, "I think I'm falling in love with you now."
 
I said it. I've confessed my feeling.
 
I never even told Hyoseun about my feeling. Not even once. But just now I confessed to Gikwang.
 
"But please don't think of it," I quickly explain. "It's alright if it's only one-sided love. I understand. Let's just stay at friends if you want to."
 
"Why?" Gikwang touches my cheek softly. "Why do you fall in love with me, Haemi?"
 
"I-I don't know," I stare at the floor again. "It just... I want to be with you. More than only a friend."
 
"Shall we give it a try?" he lifts my chin with his fingers, giving me a really warm smile.
 
"Eh?" I blink.
 
"Who knows we will work it out as a couple, not best friends," Gikwang mumbles shyly.
 
He leans closer and lands a kiss on my forehead.
 
Did I just hear what I think I heard?
 
 
//Yoseob's POV//
 
Gikwang returned to our room around 7 in the morning. He said that Haemi will rest at her room for today and he asked Junhyung to tell our manager.
 
"Is she alright?" I ask with panic tone right when he just finished showering. "How's her bruise?"
 
"She's better now," Gikwang answers me with monotone while he takes a seat next to Dongwoon. "She just needs some times to be alone."
 
I sigh in relief; at least she is alright. I was really worried that something worse happen; something I don't know what though.
 
"Where is Doojoon?" Gikwang asks, looking around because Doojoon doesn't seem to be around.
 
"He has a recording to do," Hyunseung answers. "He just left around thirty minutes ago. He said that he will talk with Haemi after the recording."
 
"I see," Gikwang murmurs, leaning his back to the wall.
 
His eyes stop on me, as if he is examining me carefully. And it makes me shiver somehow.
 
"Have you talked with Doojoon?" he blurts out a question. The other members turn to me as well now.
 
"N-not yet," I stammer, feeling nervous. "I don't know what to say."
 
"Haemi blamed herself for making you and Doojoon fight. She said that it would be better if she's not with us," Gikwang tells us calmly.
 
I gasp; I should have known she would think of something like that. She is too kind-hearted.
 
"I will say it because I care for you, Yoseob," Gikwang says with serious tone. "Both of you and Doojoon are my brothers and I don't want our brotherhood ruins by our own feelings."
 
I clench my fists; I have a really bad feeling about this.
 
"Haemi just confessed her feeling for me," his words are like a knife, stabbing my chest without mercy.
 
What?
 
I thought Haemi only thought of Gikwang as her best friend.
 
But who am I to say something like that? I thought of her as a little sister as well before I fall for her.
 
"Then," I clear my throat awkwardly, "will you accept her feeling?"
 
 
//Haemi's POV//
 
I look at the clock. It's 3 PM now. I guess they are on their ways back to the apartment now.
 
I'm feeling really guilty because I can't accompany them for today. I don't want this bruise causes any rumor so I think it's the best for me to stay.
 
I check my phone and I find five new messages. I just realized that I haven't checked my phone since last night; since I was too busy with my own messy thought.
 
There are two messages from Yoseob.
 
"I'm sorry, Haemi, I'm so sorry. Are you alright?"
 
"I miss you already. I really hate myself."
 
I sigh as I read his text messages. His words just make me feel more guilty now.
 
Doojoon also sent me two text messages.
 
"How's your bruise? You can punch me back if you want to. Please. Let me know you're alright."
 
"We're going to talk after the recording, okay?"
 
I decide to reply Doojoon's text; we do need to talk anyway. Sooner or later.
 
And the last one is from Gikwang. I start to blush when I read his name as the sender.
 
"Take care. We will be back soon. ^^"
 
I can't help myself to smile after reading his simple text message. He is a really sweet person.
 
This morning, he asked me whether I want to try to be a couple with him or not. I immediately freezed upon his question; it's not a confession, he didn't even say he loved me.
 
He told me to take a rest and think about it. He said that we will talk about it again later after I take a good rest.
 
I want to say yes. I really want to. But a part of me keeps saying that he doesn't think of me as more than a best friend. He just said that to make me feel better.

I wonder if it's a good thing to reveal everything. I wonder if I should keep loving Hyoseun or not, thinking that I am the reason of conflict between my own best friends now.
 
My thought is interrupted by a phone call.
 
I look at the screen to see the caller's ID.
 
It's Doojoon.